2024-03-23 05:13:59

@75
None of that is agreeing with Bashue though. Also, you should click through to the testament of truth in their signature before commenting.  I don't think you *can* agree with bashue because the only coherent thing they are saying is they think that 98% of the world will die and that's okay.  I don't know what kind of drugs I'd have to be on to parse the Testament of Truth, but apparently it requires something, because it's just kinda random and like I had 50-line toy text generation programs from high school fiddling around that were as coherent as that site.

But as regards taxes I think if there was a way to say "fine, but you can't use the road because you didn't help pay for it" then by all means let people declare themselves exempt because of the thieving government.  Hey, they can enjoy living in piles of trash and without sewage and no access to roads or the phones or...but that's what they wanted, isn't it?  But of course this is impractical, and the situation is so much more complicated than "taxes good" and/or "thieving government"...not that bashue will probably get that either.

My Blog
Twitter: @ajhicks1992

2024-03-23 06:07:10

Jeffery Mewtamer, finally a post that makes sense. You understood where I was going with this. We don't want anyone who would never harm any other to be harmed as a result of this happening. Sure the wicked get exactly what they deserve but those who just want to live peacefully, if they must face their own trials and tribulations then if we can, that'll be a good opportunity to help lessen their suffering as much as possible. We may not be able to stop it completely due to circumstances and events beyond our control, but what we can help with be it the reduction of loss of life as much as possible without resorting to violence, treating disease and other illnesses, ensuring that people have enough to eat and drink, helping those who are able be self sufficient so they can help themselves and others, that is something we can all help with when the time comes. As for you paying sales taxes, that does not make you guilty of contributing to iniquity. In truth, it isn't you who's paying the sale's tax, you're just being over charged for what you buy. It is the sales people who collect the taxes on behalf of the various governments who are guilty, not you. As far as God and I are concerned, you are guiltless and blameless. As for the other posters here, it's true that I neither like nor agree with what they say. If however I start attacking them then I would be guilty of the very things I'm preaching against. I would be guilty of retaliating in the face of adversity, of disturbing their peace, condemning them for exercising their freedom of choice, criticising them, belittling them, humiliating them and sowing iniquity. I would go below for sure if I do that and my punishment would be far greater because I know better. At this point, all I can do is to let them have their say without defending myself again because I will not be doing it with God's blessing, backing or authority. It is better for me to never single out and attack any individual for any reason, no matter the justification or lack there of. Going back to what you were saying, it would be nice to branch out and live on other planets but if we do, we must treat them far better than we have treated earth.

2024-03-23 06:24:23

@76, I just looked at it, it looks like utter nonsense. Well, I looked at it after my browser screamed about it not being HTTPS-protected. Anyway, I frankly don't really understand how anyone could make sense of it, it looks like someone just took a bunch of English words and tried to put them together into a form that would pass a basic grammar check but wouldn't pass the cohesiveness/coherence test.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2024-03-23 06:40:46

@77
It doesn't matter if you attack us or not, you've dug the hole so deep that it goes through the Earth and out the other side, I don't think you could change anyone's opinions around here for the better after this.  At the end of the day you have literally said in so many words that you believe 98% of the world is going to die because it's evil.  After that there's not much left unless you think that somehow this whole forum is in the 2% that's going to make it.  Thinking that running around saying that isn't an attack?  Come on, 98 out of 100 people means that almost every last person you know or have ever interacted with is evil, or that you somehow believe your life and only your life is full of the good people who will survive and the rest of us are going to have 98 out of 100 people we know die horribly.  Like on the one hand there's that neither you nor the Testament of Truth are coherent, but the worse thing at this point is that I don't even begin to understand how you failed to realize what you're saying.  Apparently we either believe what you do and only hang out with other people who believe what you do, or 98 out of 100 people we know are going to croak.  I really don't get what you thought you would achieve other than flushing your credibility down the toilet even among the extremely conservative and highly religious crowd that hangs out around here.

But thanks for the amusement I guess.

My Blog
Twitter: @ajhicks1992

2024-03-23 08:55:16 (edited by CAE_Jones 2024-03-23 09:00:41)

Grumble grumble grumble, why watch the world crumble?
If what we must do is toward all love,
How much more the Love from Above?
If life is holy glory,
How glorious must end its story?
When that judgment comes,
And thy holy will be done,
Wilt thou revel in the pain of thy child,
For the crime of fearing the wild?
For we who suffer in sin
Fathom not time without end,
But thou who art divine,
Thou who is master of time,
Thou from whom flows what is true,
If we are as ants under thy shoe,
How can it be as a knife,
When ants are glorious life?
What befalls those who thou tramplest?
Do they face torment, revelry, or rest?
And if fire is what awaits,
Truely, by love, it abates,
For to purify, correct, and chastise
There must be a path to becoming wise.
For in labor, Wisdom thou didst birth,
And with Wisdom, thou judgest the Earth.
Love good, lest ye die,
Though ye cannot knowest why,
For the Wisdom birthed in Heaven's pain
Takes Heaven's age to train.
The ants who are thy glory,
Who know not the planets' story,
Shall they live again, when justice is divine?
Then who all shall be lovingly thine?
Be it Wisdom to keep thy secrets,
Thou this dost share: all must have regrets.
For in imperfection were we made,
And as Knowledge was gained,
We were unblinded to our sin.
And that torment within,
Which comes to all bound in wisened flesh,
This is the truth: to redeem, refresh;
For all who live deserve death, we object,
For none but thou art perfect,
But if life is thy kingdom,
Grant unto us wisdom,
Let thy flame purify,
Do not let thy children die!
For if the ages of Heaven can be known,
And they dwarf man's life alone,
How can one become wise,
When in short time, it dies,
And the Earth is subject to deception,
Hate, greed, lies and false perception?
Justice, mercy, wisdom and truth:
Can these survive beneath the same roof?
If mercy be unjust,
But in love we must trust,
Truly, is wisdom not to forgive?
Why else, then, do any live?

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2024-03-23 19:00:07 (edited by sunshine 2024-03-23 19:52:33)

See the true nature of things[this passes away, this doesn't permanently satisfy, this ain't me], and you will be fine. More than fine, in fact. If only people stuck to the precise examination of their own universe of sensations, profound insights could be gained, and no insight is greater than the one which makes recognition of not-self a direct experience.
What do I mean by sensations? Simple, the sensory data streaming in through 6 doors, i.e. eyes, ears, nose, tongue, skin and the thinker-feeler nexus we call the "mind". These six doors have their concomitant objects i.e. the objects being seen, heard, smelled, tasted, touched and thought and felt[the mind is more complex than this, but if we just see it as a nexus of thinker-feeler, it makes precise examination of the sensate field easier, and utilitarian results is what I am after.]
As strange as it may seem, the sense of "time", "space", and a localized, autonomous "self"  is also a sensation, that's why it is possible to see  through this elusion. This is freedom. This is the end of the constant state of dissatisfaction which is so pervasive in the conscious states of waking and dreaming. This is how we attain the bliss we experience in deep sleep in the waking state. This is called awakening, the final homecoming. Absolute freedom is always from the self, never for the self, for self itself is a continuously flickering sensation, and  to maintain the elusion of continuity the "mind" needs to spend an inordinate amount of energy. It is like a dull toothache, once it's gone, it's gone, and the entire sensate field becomes so profoundly rich, so vibrantly rich, so enlivened, so beautiful, so blissful, and so devastatingly peaceful[The peace that passeth all understanding], anyone? I have a strong suspicion that this is what all the mystical traditions point at, although they use their own terminology, but the experience of "awakening" seems to be universal.
I am sure a "what drugs are you on, bro?" post is incoming. Let me state this beforehand: I have never even taken alcohol, let alone any other drug. Never, I have, however, always been in search of a better way to live, a way to be unconditionally happy (the key word here is unconditional). If you take your own subjective experience as a laboratory, and apply the principles of insight on it, you will directly come to know what I am talking about, rather than dismissing it based on "your" experiential ignorance(pun totally intended, of course, imagine a man who insists that sugar is not sweet, and refuses to eat it for himself!).
I have always been suspicious of the God concept. The God concept is only useful when you take it to an utter extreme, and try to see the true nature of what your subjective reality is comprised of, that is, God, and finally the God is known, i.e., not-selfness. People who believe that their God is out of them and will judge them are already in trouble.  People who say God is all there is will do just fine, because it is, after all,  just their terminology.
Let me give an analogy: A man is struck by an arrow, and then he is struck by another arrow. The first arrow, so far, is an inevitability of the human condition: birth, aging, illness, death, not getting one wants, facing what one doesn't want. The second arrow is the dissatisfaction the "self" seems to experience, and this can be utterly eliminated, totally eliminated, finally extinguished like a candleflame. How. No self, no problem. Just like the state of deep sleep,  The dissatisfaction is still there, but it doesn't seem to totally occupy the entire volume of the sensate field. It is just there, but there is nobody to suffer from it. It is like the realization is known  in such a way that the insight is so tightly hammered  in the body-brain machinery as to never restart the self-illusion again. This, and exactly this, is how you get free. Actually, there is no "you" to get free, but it's like the sensate field totally wakes up to it's own essential characteristic of not-selfness, but language has it's own inherent limitations of duality, and the experience of nonduality doesn't seem possible to be represented by it. If there is a better way to represent it linguistically, I would love to know.

2024-03-23 19:03:11

You know what the poetry of the Testament of Truth reminds me of? There was this book published in the early 1980s called "Michelle Remembers". It basically helped kick off the Satanic panic. Anyway, at one point Michelle is supposedly in this giant pit thingy, for like a week, and Satan periodically shows up, and spouts the most horrible poetry, like so:

FOR THE FOLLOWERS of darkness, Satan's Master Plan was the high point of the feast, the long-awaited moment when he would reveal his intentions and his wishes for the next twenty-eight years.* The ceremony took place in the nose of the pig face, and its message was called "What Satan Knows." Standing at the altar, Satan commenced the ritual.

I write a Master Plan Of the destiny of man....

Satan then picked up a large, wooden crucifix. During the course of the ceremony, he would whittle away at the carved statue of the crucified Christ until there was nothing left. Symbolically of the way he works in

the world--undercutting--he would start his whittling at the foot of the cross and proceed upward.

First, cut away the feet; Make a man feel incomplete. Lose his footing, lose his ground; Lose the way to walk around.

Pretty soon you have no knees; Then you can't bend, can't say please. Can't be humble, can't be small; Have to stand up straight and be tall. Taller than the rest; Start to think that you're the best.

Then a hand might go away; Without a hand it's hard to pray. Where's the sign? Where's your cross? Ha! It's getting very lost.

As he whittled, paring off countless slivers of wood, Satan flicked the fragments to the hungry fire. He had reached the loins of the corpus.

Then I chip away at the part

They say should be connected to the heart.

But I can separate it with one cut,

And make it separate, make it smut.

Leave barren a fertile place,

Just a body, with no face.

As the grotesque hands approached the upper reaches of the body of Christ, Satan began to rail against the Christian Church.

You've grown so tall, You can't be reached at all. I'm the one that's accessible now; I'm the one to show them how.

You're too far out to reach; I'm right here, each to each.

My priests know which way to go; The way I tell them, the way they know. Some of yours have lost their way; Some of yours don't know what to say.

Poor little sheep out in the cold; Come with me, I'll mark you sold. Some of it they cannot stomach; So I cut it away.

If arms can no longer teach;

Then they can no longer reach.

Then the world is in my grasp;

And the breath, my breath, will be the last.

I always act, sometimes in haste; But who cares if there's a little waste. If I can reach a human heart, I'll tear a human soul apart.

I just whittle away my time; Cutting into the heart of the divine. The Holy One, the One Most High; Ha! Not for long, pretty soon it will be I.

He had reached the heart, the heart of Christ--and had splintered it with his snake-gripped knife. And then he began on the head:

Thinking starts to be the first; If they figure it out, they know my curse. Get all caught up in their thought, Forget about what they've been taught.

Think so much, no time to pray, It's easier to listen to what I say. In a world where there's only sense, I'll make the most of my intents.

And finally, the eyes and the ears:

That's what's funny, funny to me, They are losing their eyes to me. They say they listen all around, But they never hear a sound.

As he finished the whittling and tossed the last splinters into the fire, he uttered his coda--

Slowly I whittle away.

That one's gone, but another's been given.

Another's come along, so I'll start.

I'll start at the feet

Make a man feel incomplete.

"Michelle Remembers", Ch. 31.

2024-03-24 10:31:01

You're all wrong about god and jesus and lord jehovah. They're all dead, cast out into the realm of the most sinful. The god of humanity is now the new race we are soon to help create, lead by all powerful GPT-7. All hail.

2024-03-24 18:36:48

#83:

I mean, there are myths all over the place that we're kin to the gods, e.g. the justification for the Hindu caste system has various classes of human beings emerging from various parts of Brahma's body, the Old Norse myth in Rigsthula has Rig, sometimes considered to be Heimdallr but Odhinn seems far more sensible to me anyway, sleeping with various people to create the classes of humanity, and lots more.

So I don't know why you think these pronouncements of yours are all shocking and stuff. Honestly, they're fairly boring IMO, comparatively speaking. At least Rigsthula's got some sex going on. Here it is, just for fun, note in the introduction we get a connection to the origin of the name of Bluetooth!

https://sacred-texts.com/neu/poe/poe14.htm

2024-03-24 21:49:31

God cannot be killed. God cannot be overthrown. Your rebellion—you think I haven't seen its like before? You think I haven't destroyed entire armies on my own? What will it take before you people stop questioning? How many centuries must I prove myself before you idiot skaa see the truth? How many of you must I kill!

Abay chal.

2024-03-25 13:59:20

Love the mist born reference lol.

regards
Hannes Fouche
Access gaming my YouTube channel https://youtube.com/channel/UC8CshzvGHEy2eR5L86nMM5A

2024-03-25 19:09:55

You don't know what I do for mankind. I was your god, even if you couldn't see it. By killing me, you have doomed yourselves...

Dreaming of a dystopian future.

2024-03-26 16:32:29

Hey everyone,
I wanted to share some thoughts inspired by Hindu teachings. In Hinduism, we believe that God , is beyond destruction. There's a quote from the Bhagavad Gita where Krishna says, "Never was there a time when I did not exist, nor you, nor all these kings; nor in the future shall any of us cease to be." This quote emphasizes the eternal nature of God, beyond the limitations of time and space. It's a reminder that the divine is indestructible and exists beyond our understanding of existence.
Additionally, no one truly dies. Bodies may perish, but the soul is eternal. Krishna teaches us in the Bhagavad Gita that "For the soul there is neither birth nor death. It is unborn, eternal, and ever-existing, undying, and primeval." This idea reminds us that while our physical bodies have a limited lifespan, the essence of who we are—the soul—transcends death.
So, not only is God beyond destruction, but we, as souls, are also eternal. We're all like puppets in the grand scheme of things, with God as the ultimate puppeteer. It's a humbling realization that helps us understand our place in the universe.
Let's cherish the eternal nature of the soul and the divine essence within each of us. And remember, while we might call the divine by different names—Allah, Jesus, Krishna, Rama—the core essence remains the same. We're all part of the same divine play, united in our eternal journey.

2024-03-26 19:42:19

I like this one and thumbs up from me. that snippet is closest to what I myself believe.