2024-03-25 18:10:25

The game is not fast-paced. You often pause for a while to look up information or plan your moves. I'm not sure exactly what you are expecting but the talking you heard was almost certainly related to that.

2024-03-25 18:24:41

In his deffense, I think he watched a particularly bad example, where we talked about development and other random stuff for like an hour.
but yeah, I find that rate of speech torturously slow, and would find it very hard to play at any slower speeds.

2024-03-25 19:13:34

tongue well, I was born deaf/blind and then got hearing back then starting to go total deaf after going total blind later in life.  But, for me to go that speed in audio, nope not gonna happen unless I was born only blind is the only way I see somebody able to do that from what I seen when I went to blind training school I noticed young folks having there speech going so fast, you could get ear burns.  Now, granted when I was sighted I was able to speed read and had a 100% comprehension.  But, going from sight to total blind and then useing audio, nah, ain't going to ever get that fast.  Sure I can speed it up that fast if I doing things that I've done over and over and know what I'm doing, but, to play a game that requires understanding what your clicking on and reading history logs.    I just wanted to hear a simple demo of starting the game, maybe running a Tutorial  that in the game.

Oh well.  I'll just get the game and figure out how to play the game.  All I know is from what only shown on you tube is go into the game and just a bunch of rubish talking fast no oh you go to this to bring up menu and so forth stuff.  Maybe I need to start a you tube channel showing off games for those who want to hear a game play with normal speech and not speed listening tongue.  Either way, No worries and not trying to be rude about it, just wanted something a bit normal.   Wish I got the game when it was on sale though geesh dang game is a bit pricy with all the add-ons they should make the base game litterly free as it is.

2024-03-26 13:42:17

Okay got the game, have the mod from workshop installed, put the pxe file in the proper place, load up the game, so do I have to hit enter then / every time I make a selection?  Also when I started the game and click on tutorial  it seemed it just drop me into a game with a woman from irilan, but there was not one thing telling me what to do just a alart, notification and shortcut tab I'm guessing and the date and game speed that was it.  Not one Idea what to do next.  and really Alt F4 doesn't leave the game I couldn't exit the game with nvda going had to turn it off then I could exit.   This is why I was seeking how to play the game from start to make sure it was working correctly.

2024-03-26 16:28:57 (edited by zkline 2024-03-26 18:27:58)

This may not be the game for you if you struggle to read text. The tutorial does provide a lot of instructions which you should definitely be able to see if you are using OCR correctly. It sounds like you are in the right place.

You don't need to use enter to select things, slash should just do a left click and re-run OCR automatically most of the time.

You do need to slow down, literally, and read carefully. All this stuff is explained by the tutorial at great length.

2024-03-26 18:22:34

Hmm, then it could be me hitting enter then the / causing the issues then, will try again.  Thanks.

2024-03-26 18:31:49

One thing you want to do if you've modified your NVDA settings or are using the laptop keyboard layout, is to press ctrl+caps lock or whatever your NVDA key is to make sure the autohotkey script can correctly use it. Some of the other commands depend on having that be set properly. It will show a dialog to confirm it was done.

It has been a while since I played last, as I've been distracted by other games, but I'm happy to help if I can.

2024-03-26 20:12:43

Holy crap, I've fallen into a hell of a game. Dang, this game is freaken deep.  Yeah, I seem to have it working. though I wish it would refreash when you hit like F1 and other hotkeys instead of having to hit groove key to refreash the screen.  But, dang wow.  Its going to take me a bit to remeber all the freaking things  you have to do and manage.

2024-03-27 20:46:12

Hi everyone,
So, I am playing for a while now, and so far, I think at least, I understand the basics of the game.
One thing, I couldn't find so far is though, how to ask one of my allies to join me in a war. I know, you can do that, since it appeared in the suggestions tab earlier. But now, it doesn't show there anymore. Is there a way for us, to do that?

2024-03-27 20:59:27

the only way I ever do it is through the suggestions tab, but I'm pritty sure if you right click the ally in question, it'll come up as an option in their.
Don't quote me on that though, never actually tried it that way.

2024-03-27 21:07:09

Yeah. I do it from suggestions. Keep in mind it costs prestige, which varies depending on the size of the ally.

2024-03-27 21:13:22

That is interesting. I actually tried that, but it did not show up for me. Well, I am still in the tutorial world. I will give it another try.
Last time, I wanted to ask one of my allies to join me, I got raided from someone, but the option did not appear in the suggestions tab.

2024-03-27 23:54:06

Raids are a little different. They don't technically count as war, from what I remember. They have a short timer until they end. Alliances are for longer-term things, like someone actually trying to conquer your land.

2024-03-28 01:08:49

Ah. Yeah, that would explain, why I couldn't call upon my allies.
Well, I will do some more experimenting, before I start my first real realm. My first king died already, leaving nothing but chaos behind xD.

2024-04-24 13:37:55

Hi,

Does anybody knows why did the OCR Mod start working badly since yesterday? It OCRs a lot of wrong stuff and the screens I used to read are strange.

2024-04-24 16:41:33

Can you provide any examples? There have been no updates to the game itself for the past month or so, as far as I'm aware. So something has changed in your setup.