2023-12-30 21:14:31

No, if you subscribe on Steam workshop, it will download. If you had it installed previously you will want to remove it from the mod folder, to avoid conflicts.

2023-12-30 23:10:05

And where is that? I can’t really remember. Thank you

2023-12-30 23:18:03

Your documents folder\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings 3\mod. It should contain the OCR support folder, and a  .mod file, both of which should be deleted.

2023-12-30 23:51:45

To be clear, you don’t need to do this if your doing steam, it updates automatically.

2023-12-31 00:03:39

Thank you again

2023-12-31 10:44:21

Oh you gods! Can you ever forgive me for my shameful transgression over the last 12 months by always downplaying this mod in my mind?
Seriously, I have to apologize deeply!
After my first hour of CK3, all I can really say is that I have already found my highlight for 2024!
I mean, I basically stick with the fact that constant OCR plus relying on fixed screen coordinates is a shaky concept. But that's just the tip of the tip of the infamous iceberg.
The additional work that went into the mod deserves and literally screams for the highest recognition and respect!

HAHA, even though I really can't stand Game of Thrones to death, I'm totally going to play this conversion. I really hope that at some point we will also have the opportunity to enjoy other conversions that are, in my blind eyes, much more interesting. But I just can't make an exception in this case and miss out on such a great gaming experience.

My donation is definitely safe for you!

My deepest thanks for all the future fun!

2023-12-31 11:40:21

In the general form topic there was a game guide which was really helpful because it told you how to play the game. You had to download it via dropbox if I remember correctly. I could not find some thing like that in the wiki if I’m not mistaken. If there isn’t it would be a great addition to tho wiki

2023-12-31 18:00:46

apostolosm7 wrote:

In the general form topic there was a game guide

Probably this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/uf32qkryv4zzrb0/ck3_guide.md

I'd say read up to the Golden Cursor section, but after that it's outdated. We don't use Golden Cursor anymore either.

There is also this good article that can serve as a guide to the game:

https://space4games.com/en/games-en/cru … s-3-guide/

it's written for the sighted audience. but the information still applies. it's also slightly out of date, with the clan governments getting an overhaul, but otherwise, still solid.

2024-01-02 01:50:54

Mod updated to 1.0.3
Fixed some typos in Autohotkey shortcuts and vassal contract window.
Added Shift F one and Shift F2 to Autohotkey as replacements for Page Up and Page down, if you don't have them.
Download here: https://github.com/Agamidae/CK3-Autohot … tag/v1.0.2
Mentioned the new hotkeys in the tutorial.
In the title window, made the whole line with the de jure parent clickable.
Restored the default fonts for German, French and Spanish to get the accents back.

If you have Page Up and Page Down on your keyboard, you don't need to redownload Autohotkey.

Regarding other languages, I've tested playing the game in Russian. If I set my OCR language to Russian, it sort of works. Garbles some English words, but seems functional.
So, firefly, you could give it a try with German. I still recommend using English, but it may be possible to do both.

2024-01-02 02:17:55

Oh my god, how great!
Thanks alot!
I'm coming back home today where I can finally play the game on my own computer.
So the update comes at just the right time!

2024-01-02 03:15:08

Would it be possible that I could help in translating the mod into German if that is even possible? I know how to translate properly and would be willing to do that, this would enlargen the number of people that could play the game, if you are not used to the English names of certain items, this might it harder for people interested.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2024-01-02 03:17:28

Unfortunately, proper translation is still kind of tricky, because of the way the mod works. He hopes to make it easier to do later down the line.

2024-01-02 03:19:16

@sightlessHorseman, eventually, yes. I would need to set up text for translations, so it's all in a separate file instead directly in the UI.
Let's plan it for the February. I'll have other work to do this month.

2024-01-02 03:19:55

Hmm ok, it would be awesome if this could be made possible, even I who is pritty knowedgeable about historical events and how the monarchy system worked has to look up certain words as well.
Also something that could be helpful is when you for example scrol through the OCR results is a short tone to indicate that there is something you can clikc or that has a tooltip, if that is possible.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2024-01-02 03:27:01

@39: Please let me know if you could use someone else to read your translations.

2024-01-03 20:12:54

From ck's discord:

Rulers, today is the last day of the Steam Winter Sale
Don't miss your chance to get up to 50% off of CK3, expansions, and flavor packs!

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2024-01-03 22:51:17

I think I only have the main game so far. So are there any expansions that I should buy quickly?

2024-01-03 23:04:13

Tours and Tournaments is pretty nice, as is the latest DLC for Persia.

2024-01-03 23:44:41

Thanks, I'll take a look at that tomorrow.

I have another question.
In comparison, the third part is said to be quite slimmed down when it comes to side activities. The second part is said to have been much more playful and freestyle. Has anything happened in this regard since ck3 was released? Or is the main focus here entirely on intrigue and Warfare?

2024-01-04 00:03:31

I'm not sure where you got that from, but there are definitely a lot of activities to do, especially with the DLC and mods.

It's worth realizing that CK2 was around for about a decade, and had a lot of extra stuff bolted on. CK3 is a little slim in comparison, but is rapidly growing.

2024-01-04 09:26:44

@44, Standard Paradox game problem. Game is out for many years. Game gets bunch of dlc support. Game 2 comes out. People are upset because many features from Game are missing from Game 2, Paradox makes many dlc's again. Repeat with Game 3.

2024-01-04 13:11:41 (edited by apostolosm7 2024-01-04 16:31:08)

First of all thanks for the original poster for the awesome work he has done implementing this.I’m still on the tutorial and I’m learning my way through slowly slowly. But this game looks or some very deep strategic and I can see how much work has been put into this. After hearthstone it’s the second game that I will sink my teeth into it for many many years hopefully. One observation though. It should be more apparent in the first post that there is a very very easy and thoughtful tutorial for the game which takes the difficulty out of the game. I don’t think that the 80s mentioned enough. Furthermore it’s the first time I use NVDA with OCR and it’s still easy to use. Like everybody else here I was bitching and fretting and the use of it but it’s so easy and so fluid. People need to know about this that it is not a huge problem anymore. Again thank you original poster for the great work you have done pretty pretty amazing. And of course I already donated.

2024-01-10 22:47:46

Update 1.0.4.
Added 2 more rings of adjacent counties and a directional filter for them.
Here's a little video preview of it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMxDK7TGKac
Added holders of adjacent counties.
Added a toggle to not auto-close adjacent rulers.
Added a sound when someone joins your multiplayer game.
Added debug info in the character interactions menu.
For dead characters, added the debug tooltip to the word dead.

2024-01-25 12:21:52

Good news, you can now play A Game of Thrones and Lord of the Rings mods!

AGOT is still in development, LOTR is in a finished state.

OCR AGOT page
OCR LOTR page
Latest OCR Support download link, version 1.0.9
The mod itself had some small fixes, plus distances added in more places.

Next, I'll start work on setting up translations and probably adapt another total conversion mod next month. I'm thinking of The Fallen Eagle, the one set in the fourth century, in the Roman Empire time.

I'm not sure how much time I will have next month, with other work.
If you can, you could donate on ko-fi, it's basically buying me more development time. I'll definitely appreciate it.
https://ko-fi.com/agami

2024-01-25 12:53:26

Yay! Fallen eagle please. smile I'll see how much i can donate if anything, you deserve it.

Hail, Daughter of Hatred. Creator of Sanctuary. Hail...Lilith.