2023-08-31 14:22:19 (edited by azure 2023-08-31 15:14:31)

Pocket bravery is more than just a fighting game! it's a game made with love, with affection, from fan to fan of fighting games!

Many menus are already narrated with a descriptive narrator. There are sounds for the super 1 and 2 bars, as well as the elemental bar.
there are sounds and warnings for triple counter, dunger for when life is low and much more!

high contrast, dautonic mode

stereo sound

acessible mode: This means that players who are not familiar with fighting games can still enjoy the game without having to use traditional fighting game controls.

great voice acting, great story mode, and many other amazing modes for you to explore, let's discover the incredible world of pocket bravery together!

Not all the menus are narrated, but they're working on it now.

The menus are narrated in English and Portuguese!

The game is available in several languages!

We at Eternal Legend, together with statera studios, are happy to bring accessibility to yet another game!

bout the game:

Pocket Bravery is inspired by 90s classics such as Street Fighter, Fatal Fury and The King of Fighters. And its SD aesthetic had an influence on games like Pocket Fighter and other Neo Geo Pocket Color fighting games.

But make no mistake, Pocket Bravery was created to be a new and unique fighting game, with original characters, vibrant colors and a combat system that will impress you, since the game was designed with a focus on high-level players. Even so, it has features that will teach beginner players how to develop and evolve in the game.

You control the game with the directional pad and four buttons, two for punches and two for kicks. You can execute traditional fighting game commands using the directional pad plus the button to perform special moves, super specials or even the Final Attack. What's more, each character has an element that represents their strength, either physical or supernatural. You can accumulate up to 2 attacks on the elemental bar. Through this system, you can perform elemental attacks that have different characteristics from the others and bring new offensive or defensive possibilities to the player.

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Windows
macOS
SteamOS + Linux
MINIMUM:
Processor: Intel Core i3-540 or AMD Phenom II X2 550
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Video card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 620, 1 GB or AMD Radeon HD 6570, 1 GB or Intel HD Graphics 530
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 16 GB of available space
RECOMMENDED:
Processor: Intel Core i5-2 GEN or AMD Risen: 2200g
Video card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 620, 1 GB or AMD Radeon HD 6570, 1 GB or Intel HD Graphics 530
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 16 GB of available space
©️2023 Developed by Statera Studio. Published by PQube Limited.

Only the steam version has been released, and the console versions will be released later this year.

Link to buy the game!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1555 … t_Bravery/

To give accessibility suggestions to the developers, please: join their discord!

https://discord.gg/EcF5qXGgtJ

meet the eternal legend, accessibility group for games and applications in Brazil. main group to bring accessible games to the blind.
official website    
our discord server
youtube channel

2023-08-31 14:46:22

Hi!
Right now I must say I'm a little sceptical. When I read not all the menus were narrated, I figured out it would main things like the galery, some bonus, nothing that would impact atleast the begining of the game. But from what I'm currently observing, I'm afraid things aren't as great as I anticipated.
The first screen wasn't accessible at all. Of course OCR did the job, but I'm not even sure I did things properly. But yeah, I've played lots of fighting games back in my days, so let's pass the first screen, assuming we'll configure the all thing in the options menu. Yes, but nop. The main branches of the options menu are indeed narrated, but you have to OCR your wqay through the rest, and that includes key maping and even the accessibility menu which is, well... not accessible, atleast not natively.
For the same price range, skuillgirls was far more accessible, atleast  natively, than Pocket Bravery, even at launch. I'll keep exploring the game of course, I definitly love the atmosphere and the sound design is funny enough, I'm just a little disapointed by the accessibility part, since I ended up doing nearly everything, tutorial included, with OCR, just like what I'd have done for any other fighting game.
I encourage you all to give it a try of course, it sounds like a great game. But regarding pure native accessibility, there are still many many things to achieve.

All the best,
Simon

2023-08-31 14:51:16

Well, if I got to do ocr and stuff, then the game isn't worth buying. cause I play games on my rod ally, I don't sit there all day OCRing my games to play, thats boring and takes out the fun of playing a game.  I'll keep tabs on it though and once it shows it has improved then I'll buy it, till then I'll play my skull girls game.

2023-08-31 14:51:20

Just bought it. Will try it after work.

2023-08-31 15:10:25

Yes @2 and @3, as I said, a lot still needs to be improved. I didn't say it was perfect and I understand that myself and we are already working to improve even more.

Another thing, the first screen that opens is a control screen for you to configure it.

I'm already doing a report on the critical points when improving the game in terms of accessibility

meet the eternal legend, accessibility group for games and applications in Brazil. main group to bring accessible games to the blind.
official website    
our discord server
youtube channel

2023-08-31 15:17:48

Does this have English dialog for story and character interactions? All the YouTube videos I've seen so far don't have it. Still waiting on console release. Do we know if there will be a physical version? I've played less accessible games than this so will likely get it. It sounds nothing like a neo geo pocket color, though, I used to own one, and have a few ngpc games on my switch. Its probably a good thing, some people don't like 8bit sounds, but the sound is nice, gameplay seems combo heavy and fun, and the elemental attacks seems like an interesting mechanic I haven't seen in fighters before. I hope it reviews positively also, comments on YouTube I've seen have been good

2023-08-31 15:24:50

Well, I'll hold a bit to see how it will progress. When I was working on Skullgirls accessibility I did everything to make sure the whole game will be accessible including all settings, story mode, versus and online lobbies. This is why We with Mike implemented screen readers to the game. SG speaks tutorialsm, movelists etc and I believe these are crucial parts of the fighting games experience.

I've tried to suggest options for adding the same but the developers ignored me totally so yeah.

There are multiple options for Unity but for some reason the devs are not really interested. Adding screen readers to the Unity project is not a huge deal (I worked with that before) so well, let's see where this goes.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2023-08-31 15:44:35

I just wish skullgirls had accessibility and stereo on consoles. The switch version doesn't even have fully voiced story from what I've seen, and the vita version has a bug where an additional sound channel is present in the right speaker, so that when you turn sfx all the way down, sound still plays from there.

2023-08-31 18:17:29 (edited by PeanutPablo 2023-08-31 18:20:31)

Yeah, I'll pick this one up when it includes more screen reader support but thank you bunches for spreading awareness and getting something done at least

Follow my new Twitter @peanpab: https://twitter.com/PeanPab

2023-08-31 22:01:38

@#8 Sadly Mike is no longer working on the game but I am still in touch with new developers. We're trying to make the mobile version accessible at the moment.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2023-08-31 23:00:05

hello! i tried story mode and tell me please in this mode dialogues are textual and i should  ocr them, or is there voices for it?

2023-08-31 23:50:52

@11. The dialogs are in text

official website    
our discord server
youtube channel

2023-08-31 23:52:06

@10
Its amazing! Notify if you have something new

official website    
our discord server
youtube channel

2023-09-01 01:22:11

Slightly disappointed avout story dialog, since having it read is kinda the point of being blind accessible, but o well. Maybe things will improve. Even if its just prerecorded tts for story and tutorials I will be happy.

2023-09-01 02:47:36

@14 agreed. I bought it to support the dev and I'm hoping that they'll get everything worked out with this, OCR is a pain, and I'm not liking to having to rely on that. It's all broken up English for me. I wouldn't mind if I can understand everything but I don't know, what's the point of a game like this being accessible if it's gunna be done half ass and claiming it's accessible to us people?  I can't even figure out how to do shit, let alone play the thing. I know things are being worked on and that's great, but honestly This is half ass! Tutorial is not accessible, I can hardly read a lot of stuff using OCR and ah, yeah. I don't mean to complain but when you advertise to us that a game is accessible, I expect it to be so and further more, narration isn't enough really. Yeah it's in the main menu and others and what not, but not all the menus are done. Fine, and they're working on that but what about the other stuff? The thing about setting your region, I accidentally picked the wrong one I think and I can't go back to choose a new one? Let this be known, if you clamed that a game like this is accessible, I'd expect mostly shit to be so. Tutorials are not accessible so I can't tell how to do what and what needs to be done, story mode isn't accessible and I'm not about to OCR every, single, dialog texts all over this. Sorry. If story mode was voiced, I can get by but saying that a game like this is accessible? This is a pure example of a half ass job at being so! This breaks the thing about it being blind accessible. Well, Still SG for the win I guess. I wouldn't mind if it was being advertising it as a playable game then I wouldn't be as disappointed about it. But saying that this is accessible and marketing it as so? Yeah, game play may be, but not the main parts of the game. This, in my opinion needs a lot more work! It's 2023 already! Cmon! Could you at least stated that story mode and the tutorials were not accessible instead of letting us find out for ourselves? I would have hoped that a lot would get done between the demo and this released version but guess not. I will be giving them feedback on this.

Jonathan Candler, A.K.A, Jonnyboy

2023-09-01 05:04:05

Its kinda the same thing with mk11, but at least there, the story and endings are fully voiced. There's still a market for old style arcade games, and to habe just text dialog is fine for indi debs, I understand this takes resources. Just when you say something is going to be fully blind accessible, and put into the new releases room, you set expectations high, so it had better be as you advertise,  or a lot of people are going to be disappointed. Brok the investigator is a good example of accessibility done right, and i don't even think it wasvput into new releases until access was all there, and by that point, the game had already been out for 6 months. I'm not going to knock the devs of pocket bravery too hard for this, because I see similar patterns from the original poster in regards to different things, like the android games website and eternal legends app. I'm not pointing this out to make a mockery, far from it, I just think that things like this need to be handled with more care and transparency, from the start, so that people know what they're getting into, not when people start asking questions  or after they dive in, otherwise they become disappointed and angry. The game is not fully accessible yet. Fine, put a topic in general game discussion with all the other playable and semi accessible games until the issue is resolved. If the devs are indeed working on accessibility, you are doing them and their game a disservice by overselling there game, because people are going to see a product that is half of what *you* advertise, then direct the anger at the devs, creating unnecessary conflict.

2023-09-01 07:20:22 (edited by ogomez92 2023-09-01 07:35:08)

So how do I enable accessibility in this game? I had to choose north america, South America, Europe, whatever, I don't even know what I chose, and then the main menu was not narrated. It looks like accessibility in this game was a bit rushed and it's not really accessible. Also the story didn't have much text in it, and I was moving around hearing little magical noises which I have no idea what they mean.

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2023-09-01 07:39:13

You have a pending refund request for this product.
Thanks guys.

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2023-09-01 12:04:15

See what I mean?

2023-09-01 13:40:06

Hi,
I fear I'm going to ask for a refund too. I'm not particularly happy with it, and I'm still not totally sure about it, but screenreader compatibility was the least I expected. If the storymode isn't read, fair enough, it's sad but it's not a game changer. But having the same difficulties to remap my keys as I'd have in every other fighting game is definitly not what could be expected, based on the announcements we read.
I used to do it for mk, sf, and others without complaining, but mostly because they didn't pretend anything. You bnasically knew what you were getting into when buying these games. Things are a quite different here.

All the best,
Simon

2023-09-01 14:00:35

Is the forum gonna need a released but working on access board?
This prob got announced too soon on new releases or it's on the wrong board.

Every day is a good day!
When life gives you a lemon, make lemonade!
Opinions are like arseholes - everybody has one, and they all stink.

2023-09-01 19:01:45

@19 yep called it too! Knew it! Sorry but this ain't it.  vary warily ask for a refund on games but I'ma about to do the same thing here. Pure mis advertising here and I'm not happy at the way this has gone about. This topic needs to be renamed and move to general releases like, now! Trust me, I wouldn't have been pissed if this was a game that was advertised as a playable partially accessible game, but it wasn't. Instead, this was advertised as accessible, which in my mind, 99.9 percent! Or at lease, story mode was accessible and also tutorials. Good job bud, you've completely ruined my trust and lost my faith in humanity here! They're working on shit, fine, but to put shit like this out there like this is dishonesty, not telling us what we were getting ourselves into? Yeah I'm done with this game until they work on this a lot more! I've never been this much pissed about a thing like this in my entire life! Usually I'd applaud devs if shit was mostly there, feedback and the like but the fact that this was put in new releases as a fully accessible game and half of it wasn't? Yeah, I'm mad! My expectations were high when I seen this as well as the demo but really, being put out as a demo didn't faze me because I was like, okay, maybe they'll have everything mostly worked out by the release. I didn't see story mode in the demo so I didn't know, and I couldn't have known about the accessibility, neither the tutorial was there either if I remember correctly. I just figured that shit was gunna be mostly done by the release which it why I kind of got excited about it when it came out and wanted to play. Yall, do fucking better! I'm glad they thought about accessibility in this game and they're trying but this, cmon! This is dishonest advertising! Anyone know how to refund a game on steam? I want my money back!

2023-09-01 19:15:21

and just like that, game has been requested for a refund! Thanks a fucking lot! Next time, I expect a trailer of some sorts about shit being advertised the right way.

2023-09-01 19:22:36

azure wrote:

great voice acting, great story mode, and many other amazing modes for you to explore

Great story mode? Nope, Great voice acting? That put me off when I seen that story mode wasn't accessible! Okay. I'm so done posting but I've just now... Called you out on this!

2023-09-01 19:35:28

@#22 and others:
You know me for being sceptical many times, you know I am always saying what I am thinking so the results are not that great as I wish but all the time I am trying to make your life much better and make you smile by giving you 100% checked and accessible games. I didn't achieve that much like Brandon for example who is working with triple A devs but that will not stop me for sure! I've delivered three games which are 100% accessible and I am talking about Narcissu patch, Skullgirls (PC Release) and BROK: The InvestiGator, my first full-time accessibility project I've put my whole soul and heart in to. What I am trying to say is before making such an announcement make sure you stated everything clear and I don't want to get the devs down by this post but I've also tried to contact them and I was totally ignored so yeah.
Hopefully this will change in the future as I can see the game is really interesting but for now? Well, few spoken menus and sounds for special bars is nothing new in video games without any accessibility (I should recall some PS2 and other titles).

Twitter
Add me on Steam