2021-09-01 16:55:04 (edited by dalen lewin 2021-09-05 01:57:59)

This is a fun, simplistic, yet slow to respond dungeon crawling RPG. It is completely accessible with voiceover, and despite its slowness, it is good enough for me, but if you wish to tell the developer about it, you can email him at
[email protected]
And here is the link
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/dungeons-such/id351939099
Oh, and apparently, there is the light version, which is free, and every bit as accessible.
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/dungeons- … d392298603

2021-09-01 20:41:23

What is the difference between lite version and full.

2021-09-01 22:39:13

Well, what the light version usually means is that there is less content, but I’ve played a lot of games like this and their light versions, and I never got far enough into them to tell the difference. However, if you are really interested, the developer seems ever ready and willing to talk. When I told him about the problems that I was having with voiceover, he responded pretty much immediately.

2021-09-01 23:15:39

So the title doesn't say, but is this not on android?

2021-09-01 23:48:00

I just checked, and it doesn’t look like it.

2021-09-02 00:01:32

how are you supposed to get gold? Apparently defeating enemies isn’t the way

2021-09-02 05:25:04

Yeah, I actually do agree there. You have to pick up items that may or may not, mostly not, drop from enemies to sell to the shopkeeper in town. That reminds me, now that I think this post has gotten enough attention, I will also send this to the developer.

2021-09-02 16:08:04

So, I’m liking this so far. I am using the free version and will buy the full one if I continue with the game. Sometimes when I go down to the next floor, there is an ad that I can’t get out of. So I have to close the app and reopen it. Does this happen with the paid version? Another thing I don’t like is that when you go back to town, you have to go through all the floors you have already completed once you are done in town.

2021-09-02 18:09:52 (edited by Dark 2021-09-02 18:21:20)

@dalen lewin, gave this one a try while I was sitting around feeling lazy, thumbs up for a great find, also really nice to see the developer has already made a few access changes with the cathedral and the barracks, so presumably the port and inn will follow relatively soon.

As regards the game, I played with the light version for an hour, then decided I was going to get the full version, partly to support the developer, since I'm more than willing to give a couple of quid to someone who shows this level of commitment, and partly because yes, that ap store add when going down floors which there was no way back from, was annoying! although in fairness, I suspect this is more due to the inaccessibility of Apple's crappy ap store popups, rather than anything in dungeons and such.

So the game is fun!

I particularly like the swipe attacks to divide your total damage by all monsters in the battle, it's a fun mechanic and makes even basic turn based battles interesting. Then of course there is enough of a frequency of rests and treasurechests to require some thought, and with magic, skills and status effects I can see this one is going to have a lot of things to play with.

The one thing I find a miner pest, is the game's screen refresh rate, and when it does or does not give automatic reports of information.

I seem to have to wait a while clicking on each npc dialogue before the text advances, which makes conversations feel a bit slow. I also sometimes find, particularly after battles, that the screen doesn't update with the loot options and proceed button unless I double tap on either the image of the dungeon floor, or the xp total.

Battles oddly enough are really good, with more than adequate Vo reports of what's happening, but sometimes on the dungeon floors, that's not the case.
also, occasionally when coming upon a battle, I sometimes hit the proceed button which seems to be some sort of pre fight run option, which is a nice idea, but it'd be handy if it was a bit more reliable, EG if vo made the sound for an upcoming fight and then immediately went to "flee!" button.

In terms of access fixes, I find it a little odd that there isn't a text box to click on for information about monsters, the way there is of all in game items, both because it'd be cool if monsters had descriptions, and because at the moment there realy isn't a way to tell much about a monster during a battle, including how damaged it is.

I suspect there might be some sort of graphical indicator here which is missing from the image label for each monster, since usually rpgs tend to tell you how alive the things you're fighting are big_smile.

So, perhaps info could be added to hint text to speak after the monster name, EG maneater, wounded, vulture, close to death or the like.
It also might be nice if the inventory had a few auto sort options, EG ability to have your equipped gear at the top, or display only sellable loot items like goo gobs and animal skins, just to save on the flicking, though I do like the way the inventory uses a standard Ios list on the items, complete with choices of actions.

Apart from that though, I'm definitely liking the game so far, and I'll be interested to see what's further down.

Unfortunately, when I transferred the Icloud save from the light version to the full version, my character lost all his items, home stone included, which makes me think he's probably dooooomed! big_smile.

But hay, such is the fun of dungeoning big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2021-09-02 19:28:00

You’ll all be happy to know that I sent this thread to the developer. Hopefully, he reads all of your suggestions and bug reports, especially losing the home stone. That really does need to be fixed.

2021-09-02 19:48:13

@dalen lewin, in fairness I'd only played for an hour and reached character level 5, so restarting won't be too terrible, though I'll continue on with my character and see how far I get.

it did seem a bit odd to start the full version and have all my character's items missing, including the armour and weapons.

It'd be nice if the developer could be on this forum, since it's always great chatting to creators directly.

Also, hopefully more people will give this one a try and provide feedback, since it really does look like a lot of old school monster slaying fun, but with enough tactics and atmosphere to keep things interesting, and a difficulty curve that doesn't seem too unforgiving, although manifestly I haven't got too far as yet, and this strikes me as the sort of game which adds mechanics and complexities as it goes along.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2021-09-02 20:09:29 (edited by mojsior 2021-09-02 20:12:59)

There is a problem with imp and port.
This is not accessible.
Pot is important think because I think, that there are some quests.
I am wondering why after returning from the town, I need to start the dungeon from the beginning.
Maybe this is a limitation of lite version.

2021-09-02 20:31:22 (edited by necrozma 2021-09-02 20:33:29)

hi i played this game. but i am using braille display so i cannot determine what is happening in battle. eventhough i set a battle speed to normal.

hi. i am a dark matter miner. yeah, i am setting mines that when something steps on it, it will explode and release huge amount of dark matters. oh sorry... i am a slave miner, i am mining dark matters...

2021-09-02 21:23:29

@dark, how do you get the swipe attack to work with voiceover?

2021-09-02 22:19:26

focus on anemy double tap and hold than swipe finger to the right while holding

2021-09-03 05:59:10

@lml5280, it is as mojsior said, though aiming it at specific enemies is a little difficult at the moment, say if you have 7 enemies and want to swipe attack two of them but not the other six.

Annoyingly enough, I got killed by the boss because I wasn't able to go back to town and buy better armour, and didn't have any healing supplies, and since I had no idea how much health the boss had, it could've been on it's last legs big_smile.

I actually suspect the need to go through the hole dungeon will be negated as you reach certain checkpoints in the game, so I'm playing on for the time being, though I do hope we see some fixes soon.

@necrozma, I'm not sure how braille displays work with incoming text. As far as I can gather battle reports are alerts that Vo speaks directly, indeed the game would be %100 inaccessible if it didn't, since the text for what's going on in battle doesn't seem to hang about on screen.

Indeed, I find it a bit strange that reading through npc character dialogues or getting the screen to refresh after battles feels so slow, while battle text is so smooth. Again, this is probably a relatively easy thing to fix.

2021-09-03 15:52:04

I went ahead and purchased the full version because I want to support a developer who is committed to accessibility. I do hope that the port gets fixed soon because it seems like it is a major part of the game.

2021-09-04 06:48:28

I found this app just by typing VoiceOver into the app store search.

2021-09-04 07:38:05

i went looking for it by typeing its name and nothing came up stupid australian app store agian!

2021-09-05 01:51:43

Good news, the game has been updated and the port and inn are now accessible.
And for those asking about the developer posting on this topic, the developer says he is going through the approval process and it is taking a while.

2021-09-05 11:00:03

I didnt receive any update fro the apstore

2021-09-05 18:52:38

Click on the link in post 1.

2021-09-05 20:05:56 (edited by mojsior 2021-09-05 20:30:27)

finally I got update for lite version.
btw Is it normal that I have to start a dungeon from the first floor after I am died or teleportation to the town.

2021-09-05 20:56:55

The next thing would be to fix hilltop bob so we can use the teleportation stones.

2021-09-05 22:19:29

I'd also be interested to know if some of the refresh or attack issues I mentioned in post 9 got looked at in the update, or could be considered in the future for some changes.
Faster dialogue and more access to things like the run option and controlled swipe attacks would be nice if at all possible.
Then again, I've not had chance to try the new version yet, so don't know what's been fixed there.