2019-10-06 15:13:10

I wish the patapon menus had more sound.

2019-10-06 16:13:42

Yeah, that's definitely a problem as well.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2019-12-23 02:57:45

OK, so just checked out neogeo heroes ultimate shooting. This game is seriously cool! It's definitely something I would have imported back in the day if I'd known about it.

2019-12-23 03:53:48

Considering getting it off the psn for my vita. Its gonna be rad now that I can read the text.

2019-12-23 04:58:35

@stirlock, is this one similar to all the metal slug games or is it completely different?

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2019-12-23 06:44:23

It's more like a bullet hell shooter than metal slug. But one of the options lets you turn on infinite health, so you can just sit back and enjoy the game. The options are nicely laid out as well, none of the menues wrap.

2019-12-23 08:27:31

Lol even without infinite health you still have infinite continues. Also it has another game within the same game which is cool.

2019-12-23 15:32:36

any other shooters or RPGS that are playable?

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,

2019-12-23 16:53:53

I'm looking into gungnir. Will get back on that. I tried black rock shooter but there are some free roaming sections that make it unplayable. Not shooters, but if you can ocr then the corpse party series and Hakuoki demon of the fleeting cherryblossom may be playable.

2019-12-24 07:47:41

@kenshira, how's your progress on gungnir? did you figure out anything in the game?

2019-12-26 05:11:45

So I had some time to throw gungnir onto my psp, and here are my initial impressions. There is no voice acting, so being an rpg, you are going to have to ocr, a lot. From the first few minutes I spent with the game I found no free roaming sections, however you are still going to deal with a grid that doesn't wrap. And that's about as far as I been able to figure out. Ocr doesn't work on my PC with ppsspp which is where I played it but with it being on my psp now it should be less of a hassle to get to away from my pc, so look forward to updates unless you want to try your hand at it, in which case more info is welcome.

I did try princess crown and couldn't get beyond the first area eith the cat. Reminds me of the start of odinsphere. Would be vreatful for tips on that dection.

2019-12-26 05:52:13

@kenshira, at the first section where you have to take a book, you have to walk all the way to the right and press the D-pad down to pick up an item. you'll ear a sound if you pick something up. go left while pressing the circle button to interact, then if a menu comes up, press right and circle to go in to the first book.
you'll get some text and a little battle, just keep pressing the circle button to attack. once that's done, you are in another area, but you still won't hear any footsteps after a scene. walk to the right, but you also have to press up on the D-pad to check if there are any buildings to enter. once you are in the next area, go right and do the same thing. once that's done, you are now at the castle. go right, while at the same time pressing the up button on the D-pad and the circle button to talk to everyone.
if you enter a building, you'll automatically be thrown in to a tutorial buttle. hear you have to practice swinging your sword and trying various attacks that you can do. once you've defeated the enemy, there is another cutscene and now you have to talk to the two sisters in the castle.

2020-02-17 03:30:20

For those who played dissidia duodesim 012, does anyone know how to activate character assist?

2020-03-04 08:13:06

So I finally got around to playing a bit of gungnir, and here are my impressions. I really think that the game might be doable. Importantly, the grid doesnt wrap, and you can cancel a move with circle like ygdra union. You can also use the shoulder buttons to move between units. There is a specific sound for when tutorial messages come up, and you can press right or cross to change to the next page, or left to go back. Honestly the hardest part might just be knowing which way your opponent is facing. That's kinda important since attacking from behind offers a critical strike. O and there are hights in the game, so your character cannot jump down a hight taller than your character without taking damage. Those might be hard to find as well.

After finishing the first mission, I was taken back to the base with some dialog before and after, then I was allowed to shop and customize equipment using a menu. The main menu wraps, but you can use triangle to take you back to the top. This is where I stopped, so thus far, my options in order are to proceed to the next battle, customize, and shop. Pressing start will pause the game, and pressing circle will take you to the system menu where you can save, load, access game config, exit, and close the menu in that order. So yeah, gungnir might be doable with patience. Give it a try if you're feeling adventurous and report back if you decide To. I will certainly write a follow up impression when I continue.

2020-03-18 05:18:19

Hey y'all, I've done a tutorial on getting started with Dissidia Final Fantasy. It doesn't cover things like setting your name and difficulty, but it does cover how to use the menus, fighting, and the story mode. Find it at:

https://youtu.be/4XFFAVvdk3U

There was some feedback due to my headset microphone probably having too much gain or something, but it isn't too bad.

You can find more information at
http://devinprater.github.io/about/

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2020-03-18 05:49:04

I have found that simply pressing start when prompted to enter a name in dissidia will enter in my psn  name by default. That might work with other games that use the cross media bar's keyboard.

As a side note, I tried to go back and play mk unchained and just wasnt feeling it anymore, so I just watched all the character endings and all the videos I unlocked, then listened to the soundtrack. Gotta say that I do like the ost for that game, since it features a few tracks from mk 1 and 2, and even most of the newer tracks were great and full of energy that made you want to kick some arse. I just feel like music in mk became lesser in quality after mk9, since even that soundtrack remixed a lot from the original trilogy. Speaking of which, those are still much easier to get into, and you can find them on midway arcade treasures extended play for psp.

2020-03-18 15:03:40

Going back and playing games from the unchained era just feels super clunky now.  I still watch the opening movie from Armageddon from time to time though, sadly the best part of that game.

2020-03-18 17:04:46

@366: The thing I was blathering about was that if you don't change it, on PPSSPP, your name is PPSSPP. You can change that in PPSSPP's INI file, I think I've written about that, somewhere… before starting the game for the first time, and it'll have that already filled in. I began playing DFF before then, though, so yeah, I'm PPSSPPDevin there, lol.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2020-03-18 17:19:05

O interesting I'll have to go back and fix that on my pc.

2020-03-22 01:25:31

So, regarding my tutorial on Dissidia Final Fantasy, would you all want a further one, dealing with customizations? Is there anything you want changed about the next one? Any feedback?

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2020-03-23 02:02:43 (edited by devinprater 2020-03-23 06:27:30)

Great news! We *can* play Dissidia, at least 012, online! Join the Dissidia Discord for more info. It involves installing Zero Tier One, a networking program, connecting to their server with it, and, when ready for a match, adding their IP address to PPSSPP's networking settings, in this case we'd have to edit the PPSSPP.ini file. But I got it all set up in a good 5 minutes, so it's not hard at all. There's a zip file you can download with their standard PPSSPP version, with a 100% completed Dissidia DuoDecim save file, meaning we get all maxed out characters without having to go through story mode, and a file with directions. You have to have the ROM yourself though. Discord link:

https://discordapp.com/invite/a44rneC

About ZeroTier, just use the CLI. On Windows, you have to run it as administrator, on Mac and Linux, you may have to use sudo.

zerotier join 8056c2e21c000001

To join the server, then if you want to host, run the ad hoc server EXE, and get your IP from
zerotier-cli get 8056c2e21c000001 ip4
and put that into your PPSSPP.ini file, in tournament_pack\ppsspp\memstick\PSP\SYSTEM

If you want to fight some one else, or a group battle, put the host's IP in the PPSSPP.ini file.
Also, change the PPSSPP's Mac address. To do that, open PPSSPP, and using OCR, go to Settings, Networking, and press enter on Change MAC Address.

It sounds harder than it is. Believe me, if I can do it, you can to! Come, let us meat on the battlefield!

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2020-03-23 07:46:47

@devinprater, in your dissidia tutorial, can you add how to customize a character, like adding new ability, addimg summons, buying items from the shop, and equiping items?

2020-03-23 21:13:43

Focusing more on playing online and getting better at the game through that, and loving online play, but yeah I'll get to it if more people find the tutorial helpful.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2020-03-24 10:18:12

Hi. I am a naruto fan, but when I trid shippuden ultimate ninja heroes 3. The voices ehere in japanice. Can I change that. I trid messing around in the settings with no luck.

My discord: the_real_amethyst
Join my accessible Pokémon discord server

2020-03-24 14:23:44

They should be in english by default if you have an english copy of the game, and you can change languages in options.