2021-02-09 12:08:51

Hi. I have a friend over here in germany xallwed detlef. He tolt me about a not good experience he had yesterday on SBYW. He heard rumors about the game that admins insult players but he still liked int concept, it reminded him off 2dp so he said i try it any way. He still asked the admin that did this named granny cheeseweel if this is normal. The admin then just checked his ip and tried to make him afraid by saying he was from germany, but the guy used vpn so no prob. I think it pretty ungood that admins just check ips if they want and also i belive these rumors now he insulted a player and said he had no intelegency just becuz he was friends with a banned guy.

I am now hunting for the custom srv version and will also host one, these admin practises are not good. Also it seams like admin can stop client from logging, cuz the friend told me that he wanted to copy the pms all out but they cleared his hole buffer.

bei mir ist immer Obst im Haus

2021-02-09 12:43:52

Um,... any proof?

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2021-02-09 13:53:33 (edited by Minionslayer 2021-02-09 13:56:23)

And I'm supposed to believe you of all people? Them some pretty bold claims buddy.
That being said, it looks like the server's down at the moment.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (Minionslayer#2980). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Twitter at @Minionslayer2.

2021-02-09 14:06:34

@3 Probably another blind kid bull shitting about a game because they don't like it and thing that other people will be like yes let's go against that game!
I've heard some conspiracy theories about Ivan and how he supposedly installs viruses on peoples computers, hacks everyone, ETC, which I personally don't believe.
About the admins on there, I've never seen them be not nice to people, that being said I don't say they didn't insult anyone, after all they'll all people, with human feelings.

Proud contributor to the manjaro project! www.manjaro.org

2021-02-09 14:10:37

TBH sounds about right until you get to the buffer clearing, that's pure BS

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2021-02-09 14:38:47

that's the level 15 bullshit that has goten to the point of hay, lets make up a story and make a riat. that's what they are doing

my new youtube channel. click subscribe if you like my stuff
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzL-l8 … YCkjOm3FIg

2021-02-09 15:44:50

@2 um sorry i think i forgot to tell that they killed the pm bufers. How could I? Wait i did not? I think that is called perspective reading. You did not read my post but already nkow wha you wan to read.

2021-02-09 16:03:50

Post 7 is Simtery as hell to be honest.

We are pleased, that you made it through the final challenge, where we pretended we were going to murder you. We are throwing a party in honor of your tremendous success. Place the device on the ground, then lay on your stomach with your arms at your sides. A party associate will arrive shortly to collect you for your party. Assume the party submission position or you will miss the party.

2021-02-09 16:13:43 (edited by GrannyCheeseWheel 2021-02-09 16:15:19)

This made me genuinely smile. OK, let's unpack this, because while there are a few truths here, most of it is bullshit. First, this person did show up, and they did confront me over PMs about something I had said when his account had not even existed yet. But let's get to the juicy stuff, shall we?

andy_the_blindy wrote:

The admin then just checked his ip and tried to make him afraid by saying he was from germany, but the guy used vpn so no prob.

Yes, I did check his IP, that is my prerogative as a member of staff. No, I did not in any way use this as a method of coercion, or as a means to try to threaten or intimidate him. Second, when I told him that, I theorized that he might have been on a VPN, which he confirmed to me of his own volition without any prompting from me. he then also told me his real location, again, without me having asked for it.

andy_the_blindy wrote:

now he insulted a player and said he had no intelegency just becuz he was friends with a banned guy.

I never insulted anyone directly, but I did remark how simter supporters seemed to be crawling out of the woodwork and that anyone who supports him can't be all that intelligent. After that remark, I was confronted by someone over PM that wanted to confirm what I had just said, which I did. His final question to me was something like, "So you're saying that anyone who supports simter is not intelligent, and since I've known him since 2018, that includes me" (paraphrasing), to which I said yes. I then explained to him that admins speaking without the hat on are not speaking as official representatives of the game, but instead, are speaking as a player. This has pretty much been a thing since Ivan took over the game, and I feel like most of the regulars know this. When I put on the admin hat (accompanied by a sound and a message) I write professionally and would never make such remarks, as I'm officiating over a situation.

andy_the_blindy wrote:

Also it seams like admin can stop client from logging, cuz the friend told me that he wanted to copy the pms all out but they cleared his hole buffer.

Ah, we come to the best part of all this. the part upon my first read through caused me to grin toothily. No, we most certainly do not have that ability. This player commented over chat how his logs were not being updated. I explained that if you pressed the shift + backslash keys, it would force the client to write the logs to file. He then apparently did this, and came back all affronted because now his ingame buffers were clear. I informed him that this is a normal behavior, the buffers get cleared after the logs are written to file. If you'll notice, I continued to be helpful to him after he had gone on PMing me for quite some time, and it was obvious that he was collecting information on me to spin a tale to try to get me into trouble with the developers.

He went on to say that the logs had not updated, to which I replied that it was odd, as after testing it on my own client, the logs updated. I knew this feature had worked solidly in the past, but because the 4.8 update had recently been released, I figured it was possible there could have been a bug introduced which affected the writing of the logs. Several others who were online at the time confirmed that they tried exporting, and that their logs had updated successfully, so I don't know what to say. Is he lying? Possibly, and given this latest post, probably.

he accused me of being irresponsible and mishandling player data. I'd like to respond to that as it's the one thing out of all of this that I do care about. As a member of staff, I do have the ability to check your IP address as well as a few other pieces of data about the machine that the game is running on. All of this data is non-personally identifiable. In other words, given this data, I could not link it to a singular person, only to the machine. We do this for obvious reasons of restricting alts and catching ban evaders.

I will therefore never apologize for using the tools given to me to help administer the game. But I do take players' privacy seriously and would never misuse that data or allow it to fall into the hands of people to whom it doesn't concern. I challenge anyone to find an online game that guarantees absolute privacy, even from the staff, because in all my years, I haven't found any

I challenge this person to present their evidence of mishandling player data, because I am confident that they can't. Further, I encourage them to give their permission for me to post the PM logs I have, so everyone can see exactly what transpired and draw their own conclusions. I will not do this without the permission from this person; however, as doing so would cross a line I'm not prepared to cross. This is only an encouragement though, it is not a demand, and no repercussion will follow from me if he does not wish to give permission. It is his choice entirely.

One last thing, I assert that the original poster has done more mishandling of data than I have simply by posting his friend's real name. Maybe he had permission to do so, but we don't know that. I consider that a form of doxxing, all be it, a light form, as we'd likely not be able to find this exact person by his name alone. It is certainly a breach of privacy though.

Edit: Corrected VM to VPN.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2021-02-09 16:17:33

the more this guy writes, the more i think that this guy is indeed simpter himself

2021-02-09 17:47:03

i think his friend =himself, so it means andy =simter, but who knows. again, maybe it's not true.

I love audiogames, a specially some offline ones like top speed.

2021-02-09 18:52:01

The more this guy writes, the less I give a crap about what they're writing about.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (Minionslayer#2980). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Twitter at @Minionslayer2.

2021-02-09 19:06:42

You know, a new account that is rumored to be #Simter trying to cheap shot at Brandon, well, I am susspicious of that.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2021-02-09 20:03:56

At seven what? I don’t understand a thing you just said. Certainly you must have some hard proof, because if you don’t, this is just the wind.

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2021-02-09 22:13:33

14, I think he means the proof they did have was destroyed by the vicious admins for silencing truth and democracy

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2021-02-09 23:45:02

@9 Personaly, I think that just checking ip and the go "... and i know you are from germany" doesn't seam so trustful, but I am not here to decide. Any way I will properly only have way to talk to the person tomorrow, but I think he wants the log posted.

2021-02-09 23:52:48

i thought your friend didnt have the log? i could be wrong, but i dout it

i am a system, i have headmates, and that is my life, and my discord is rings2006wilson#8609

2021-02-10 00:09:32

I will have to hear from him directly, not via a relay because they could just say anything.

End racism
End division
Become united

2021-02-10 00:12:54

Moderation:
First, a warning right out of the gate for andy_the_blindy.

andy_the_blindy wrote:

I have a friend over here in germany xallwed detlef.

rules wrote:

8. Do not under any circumstances share personal details of other individuals without their express written permission. This includes publicly unavailable details, which may differ from case to case. Examples include, but are not limited to, a person's given first or last name, street address, telephone number, email address, place of employment, and any unauthorized recordings to which you may have access. Sharing this information, if it is not readily available to the public with the consent of the target, will result in punishment, as we take the privacy of our users seriously.

To anyone saying the account looks Simter-esc? We hear your concerns and will be investigating this further. I personally am also noticing some strong similarities, but I encourage anyone with proof beyond a reasonable doubt to get in touch with us via reports.

2021-02-10 00:39:09

i never thought we should here all this from the direct sorce and not a third party. guess i'm just not a thinker

i am a system, i have headmates, and that is my life, and my discord is rings2006wilson#8609

2021-02-10 01:28:04

Well, if we hear it from the third party, there is no way to verify that this person has actually given their consent. Without that, it would not be appropriate for me to post the log.

End racism
End division
Become united

2021-02-10 02:10:46

@19 but his info is indead public. He has an elton account. Can you maybe write some email here so he can confirm or contact him on his mail?

2021-02-10 02:21:24

Is he a member on the forum? Also, I'm not sure how public you can consider an Elton account if profiles are not viewable by guests. and/or just anyone. But if that much is true, then we may consider rescinding the warning on those grounds, but you're still not off the hook re: Simter suspicions. So if you want to come clean about it, now's the time, because there will be increased length to any punishment if we find out through other sources.

2021-02-10 02:34:30

I would argue that regardless of his other social media accounts, he is not known here by his full name, and that is what matters. If I had my full name on one of my social media accounts, but chose not to attach it  to my profile here, that doesn't mean that someone has the right to out me here as that person, especially if I didn't link my other social media into my AgNet profile.

You can never be sure of someone's motives. Maybe they have an account somewhere with an anonymous username and no details because they want to shitpost, or maybe they do it because they know that their abuser or stalker is on this site but they still want to access it, just not with the looming threat of attracting unwanted attention.

End racism
End division
Become united

2021-02-10 02:35:32

@23 The elton profile is public for all. Can i send you his mail through the private messaging so you can confirm?