2021-02-04 16:42:28

I'm happy to announce that my game Serania - Path of the Scion is out now on Android and iOS.

It is a choice-based interactive fiction game with RPG elements like combat, character stats and free movement. Set in a Nordic culture inspired medieval fantasy world, you play as a villager, who is suddenly being hunted by the king's Blackblade soldiers for some reason. You must escape and explore the realm to find allies and clues about your ancestry to solve the mystery.

The game has sound effects and music to add to the atmosphere of the story. I had the privilege of working together with a few blind players during the beta testing to fine tune the VoiceOver and TalkBack experience. I hope you will like the result.

Serania - Path of the Scion is available on Android Google Play and on the iOS App Store. First part of the story is free to play. Unlocking the full story is $3.99.

Game site: https://fabletreeproductions.com/pathofthescion

2021-02-04 17:17:23

It sounds like fun, I will try it today and tell you my experiences.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2021-02-04 18:24:27

Great job. Game is amazing and have a fantastics potential!

2021-02-04 18:27:38

Congrats on the new release. I look forward to playing.

2021-02-04 18:28:50

Hi, this sounds fabulous. However, when I play it ... the word "next" before each new block of text is irritating. Can a sound play, as in time-crest when new text is highlighted instead? also, how will battles work, when using voiceover? Really looking forward playing this.

2021-02-04 19:27:37

I'll check it out. I like that we get the first part for free to see if we like it before committing to a purchase.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2021-02-04 19:31:57

Sounds amazing. Looking forward to playing it.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2021-02-04 20:33:53

Hmmm looked at this and the other stuff you have, pitty its not for pc though.

2021-02-04 21:57:20

yeeeee parshle free game, thanks

"But did you, in your three-piece psychology and 1950's technobrain,
ever take a look behind the eyes of the hacker?  Did you ever wonder what
made him tick, what forces shaped him, what may have molded him?"

2021-02-04 22:26:30

Great! I love the game./

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2021-02-05 10:59:08

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

Is it possible to win the brawl at the inn? Or its preprogrammed to be lost.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2021-02-05 12:22:08

wlomas wrote:

Hi, this sounds fabulous. However, when I play it ... the word "next" before each new block of text is irritating. Can a sound play, as in time-crest when new text is highlighted instead? also, how will battles work, when using voiceover? Really looking forward playing this.

Thanks, yes, so far VoiceOver has been very insistive on saying "next". I will try to find some way around it in a future fix.

The battles should work just fine with VoiceOver and TalkBack. Do you have any issues in the battles?

2021-02-05 12:25:34

Nuno wrote:

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

Is it possible to win the brawl at the inn? Or its preprogrammed to be lost.

It is indeed possible to win with some luck and/or the right tactics smile

2021-02-05 12:36:44

Wow. Amazing game. Thank you for making it smile

Hi, my Skype name is, anr1235, feel free to add me if you wish, i love to make new friends, and thanks.

2021-02-05 13:55:04

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
Is it possible to move the rack in the pantry without getting arrested?

Hi, my Skype name is, anr1235, feel free to add me if you wish, i love to make new friends, and thanks.

2021-02-05 13:59:17

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
yes, think of something that would muffled the sounds.
e
n
d
s
p
o
i
l
e
r

2021-02-05 14:12:31

Oh. thank you. I'll try again.

2021-02-05 15:06:36

Hi:
Spoilers:

How do you do the job for the brewery master? I keep filling and filling the vessel and don't know when to stop. Examining the vessel says its still empty.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2021-02-05 20:22:02

I got stuck on this too, just fill it once, then go fill the bucket again and go upstairs, and empty the bucket on the floor up there, then use the rake to even out the grain. Carl will then come back and you'll progress.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2021-02-05 21:13:13

I like it so far, I think I'm going to buy the full version. One thing though, the fact that you see next next next next before every snippet of the story is really not needed, and I don't particularly like it. As the choices are labeled with, "choose", I feel this is sufficient to get the point across that anything not labeled with that is part of the story.

End racism
End division
Become united

2021-02-05 21:50:21 (edited by Dragonlee 2021-02-05 21:53:59)

I quite like the game. next being before every single prompt is incredibly irritating for me as well. I would absolutely love it if that could be fixed. will almost certainly buy full game.
edit: also would appreciate if "choose" was not at the beginning. like if instead was at the end as "choice" or even better if it was replaced by a sound queue.

2021-02-05 22:08:09

Sound cues would work very well IMO.

End racism
End division
Become united

2021-02-06 00:23:55

when they fix next, I'm sure I'll play it, but with something that says nextnextnextnext I don't know, I don't really like it. I want to play something that has as few bugs as possible.
my english sucks really, so i use jieshuo translator. it tells me next instead of the story.

2021-02-06 03:25:09

It is an intresting game.  I like the story, however the point and click style is not my cup of tea.  I do wish their was more swiping for moving instead of just swiping to go through the story and having the story tell me that I am walking through the forest or me following the river.  I would rather do the actual moving, and button pressing. But the game is good.  keep up the good work.

Their is no such thing as a master.  One is never done learning, and those who claim to be a master at something are far from becoming one!!

2021-02-06 04:23:59

i love this game, story, music, and soundeffects. if there is some ambience in this game, it would be cool.

hi. i am a dark matter miner. yeah, i am setting mines that when something steps on it, it will explode and release huge amount of dark matters. oh sorry... i am a slave miner, i am mining dark matters...