2020-12-28 22:02:28

No, Moon Legend is written in E, while BOA is written in some funny C/C++. BTW Boa2 is upcoming! Or atleast some kind of a sequel...

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2020-12-28 22:42:49

Cool. I'll probably try it out once it does come out. But this game has some of the same things I don't like about BOA.. namely poor inventory management and items that ave no indication which, while it may be enjoyable to some, feels a little frustrating. Would it be possible for your character to know what direction something is in compared to you instead of just how many steps away it is? Could one of the two people who can use QQ here suggst it to the developer? I'd love to come on board with this but QQ is still giving me trouble.

Discord: clemchowder633

2020-12-29 02:18:52

What about a map overview like the one in Journey to the West? If knowing the terrain is that important, getting an overview of the map seems doubly important.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2020-12-29 02:35:04

Don't worry, I have already advised developers to add sound effects at all entrances and exits, and add sound effects to walls and NPCs.

tayo.bethel wrote:

What about a map overview like the one in Journey to the West? If knowing the terrain is that important, getting an overview of the map seems doubly important.

2020-12-29 04:27:55

I think a map overview would be handy as well. smile But I'm glad the sound prompts will be added!

2020-12-29 04:57:11

I tried to fight the last two waves of enemies without wearing armor.
Finally succeeded。

2020-12-29 05:38:33

Congratulations. haha.

2020-12-29 15:56:11

I finally managed to beat the demo without healing. I did it one one fucking HP bar. I just replenished mana.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.

2020-12-29 23:41:58

The mention of sounds for doors, walls and npcs got me thinking, and this is a bit off topic. Why do so few of the Chinese titles have sounds for these objects. I can think of one or two games with NPC sounds, but none that I know of have either door or wall sounds. I could very well be wrong and won't take it amiss if I'm corrected on this point.  Back on topic: could there be a sound for trees, so you don't have to run into them to confirm that they're there? Like wind rustling leaves or something like that?

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

2020-12-30 00:34:37 (edited by Tuohai 2020-12-30 00:36:54)

There is a very real problem.
If there are too many sounds, will it affect your battle?
Make you unable to Hear something clearly.

tayo.bethel wrote:

The mention of sounds for doors, walls and npcs got me thinking, and this is a bit off topic. Why do so few of the Chinese titles have sounds for these objects. I can think of one or two games with NPC sounds, but none that I know of have either door or wall sounds. I could very well be wrong and won't take it amiss if I'm corrected on this point.  Back on topic: could there be a sound for trees, so you don't have to run into them to confirm that they're there? Like wind rustling leaves or something like that?

2020-12-30 01:33:23

That is true. But I think it would also depend on the sounds being used.

2020-12-30 03:08:58

That is a good point. The kinds of sounds I would personally use for trees and such wouldn't be particularly intrusive; think of the wind in the trees on an autumn day with a light breeze, something like that. Alternatively, a battle state could be enabled where all sounds but the relevant ones are faded into the background; I don't know if any games do this or if it is even possible. I'm probably just speculating wildly at this point. But the point about a crowded and cluttered soundscape is definitely something to consider.

Guy Gavriel Kay

2021-01-03 10:46:33

hi nuno
maybe you know when release full version?
thanks

2021-01-03 11:44:38

12th of February./

2021-01-03 13:06:58

good news
but game to be free or not?

2021-01-03 15:47:43

Paid.

2021-01-20 12:54:46

Hi everyone!
An obstacle detection mechanism has been added to the game. Now you know when the wall is approaching, ETC.
The demo of this feature is here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Os9_Jm … sp=sharing

2021-01-21 02:30:43

Cool. I do hope that in the game, the documentation will be updated with feature releases and changes detailed. This is the problem with every Chinese game I've played. New things are added, and help files or documentation is never updated to reflect that so the user either doesn't know what the new features are in the first place, or how they work.

2021-01-21 09:37:36

I assume the full version will have the updated docs anyway.

2021-01-21 09:48:55

I mean that even after the full version releases, with updates and such I expect there will be new features and things that aren't added to the documentation. But I hope so.

2021-01-21 10:24:02

This guy updates his documentation, atleast he did for 1942.

2021-01-21 18:10:18

That's comforting to know. lol

2021-02-01 22:30:05

hi
is there more accurate information when to release the full version?
thanks

2021-02-01 22:39:55

No.

2021-02-02 00:48:35

How do I translate this game into English?

Sound designer and music producer.