2020-12-26 15:28:27

@48, i always do that when i install windows.

2020-12-26 16:03:50

Try using the compatibility mode with W7

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2020-12-26 16:08:09

as soon as I open the game, and when I get to the menu, a song starts playing.  that's where the problem comes from.  when I try to move the cursor, the game stops responding

once upon a time, a beautiful little girl who wore a beautiful red hood.  while she was passing through a forest, she was killed by Captain America.  The end...

2020-12-26 16:15:40

Do you run the game with LE?

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.

2020-12-26 17:13:44

got the game running. Win7 compat mode was the thing.

2020-12-26 17:30:17

Well... I got it running with translation but...

This is the first time I've visited this website, this is the first time i've seen a video of a Dog.

I heard that so many times, so went to the fighting bit, did that then closed the game.

When people said it was garbled, yeah it's so garbled it makes no sense at all.

I think i'll end up deleting the folder unless this is not the expected behaviour?

I'm gone for real :)

2020-12-26 17:42:50

Select "Chinese SImplified" as the language if applicable. I don't know, I don't use NVDA.

2020-12-26 18:20:47

@Nuno Unfortunately not. I get to the part where your businessman partner says he has rented a room in back .... at least that's what I think he says. This comes after spending the night at the inn. I went to all the places I could find in the village, bought some clothes and meds, then left by the east trail into the forest, where I was defeated by bandits.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2020-12-26 18:23:59

What should I comment about a game with at least 35 posts out of 57 complaining about endless problems? Should I give this a try? I love wuxia man...but this is just ugh...

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2020-12-26 18:26:09

@58, yeah, sleep in the inn twice. The first sleep does not actually refresh you, its just a cutsene (a bug that will be fixedi n the next version).
@59, its better to complain about problems which you have rather than miss a game just becausei t doesn't work on others people's machines.

2020-12-26 18:46:35

I do hope things get improved on. This is the first Chinese offline game since Battle of Armageddon that's actually captivated me and made me want to keep playing it. I hope the combat system sees improvements... as right now it's too simplistic for a game in the wuxia genre. I'm just glad translation software is one barrier I don't have to deal with.

Discord: clemchowder633

2020-12-26 19:27:21

wow ,this game is superb!

2020-12-26 19:41:24

Glad you two like it. I have completed the demo and eagerly waiting for the full version! Its good that I have a good relation with the dev smile

2020-12-26 20:01:39

@Nuno: Do you think the dev would be interested in joining the forum? He makes good games, and maybe getting feedback from western players may be of use to him. So far, there's Battle of Armageddon, Journey to the West, 1942, Heavenly Devil and now this  upcoming game. At least, I think he made all of these; I may misremember some.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

2020-12-26 20:03:43

No, you mixed tree developers.
Journey To the West = Francis Wolf
Battle Of Armageddon = Yulong
Heavenly Devil = Yulong
1942 and Legend of The moon = The Non-Mainstream Blind. I don't know if he would be interested, I can ask him.
What I know is that he does not speak English but he can always use the translation service.

2020-12-26 20:16:06

@Nuno: Some people might disagree, but the fact that he doesn't speak English doesn't really matter much; there seem to be quite a few people on this forum who don't, or at least not well. Thanks for the correction, btw.

Guy Gavriel Kay

2020-12-26 20:22:35

Combat in this game is a bit clunky at the moment. I'm at the first battle after leaving the village with the bandits, and it's another case of mash space as much as you can. It's hard to tell if I'm even hitting anything or how successful I am before I'm cut down.

2020-12-26 20:22:46

Yeah, I will ask him.

2020-12-26 20:31:21

@67, dont forget that you have skills to your disposal.

2020-12-26 20:50:22 (edited by assault_freak 2020-12-26 21:00:03)

lol. Yes, I know I have skills. It just seems weird t me that I can't go through one fight without using litterally my skills and blowing all of my magical energy. But anyhow, that's that... I don't really expect great combat from audio games in general. Most developers don't seem to care if combat is actually enjoyable or satisfying.

I just got to yunyang city and zhang zhong says we should go to the tavern. But I can't find anything to do in there... am I missing something? In the first tavern sitting down at one of the tables progressed the story. further.

Also, it might be good to ask the developer to implement a way to remind you what your next objective is so if you get o a location and do some exploring you can get a reminder of what you are actually supposed to do. I do like this game's atmosphere and story so far, and the music is fantastic. Reminds me of all the dramas I used to watch growing up.

2020-12-26 20:59:21 (edited by Nuno 2020-12-26 21:05:00)

The combat will be improved by adding more cues.
Now you must get out of the tavern. On your way out a boss fight will happen

2020-12-26 21:25:07

Ading more cues doesn't really improve combat... but I'll see how I feel about it when I actually play with the improvements. And leaving the tavern does nothing. lol I've gone in, gotten the wine, and bought chicken from the barman and eaten it. There's nothing else to interact with, and leaving through both exits do nothing.

2020-12-26 22:25:50

Leave through the eastern exit and go south to have one more bandit encounter

2020-12-26 22:33:04

@#72
It is a 最先楼。
on Chengdong Street.
Not a tavern。

2020-12-26 23:28:05

@74, ok I was in the wrong building. I was in the 小酒馆 which s tavern in english... thanks for telling me the correct place to look.