2020-12-26 23:50:17

Well, trieed it for 10 minutes and that is enough really. I didn't expect anything from that and I was totally right so yeah... Nothing more to add to not repead myself again and again.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2020-12-27 00:00:44

I actually think this game has a lot of potential, if the combat is improved on and done ight. I love the story and really want to see where it goes, but the combat is just too clunky. Your enemies have a very unfair speed advantage, and even after using all of your skills and being drained of magical energy, you can't beat them because they attack too fast. And what kind of martial artist doesn't know how to block or dodge? I know there are items like armour that will increase your defense and dodge stats. But even a basic block button should be pretty much expected. Doesn't help that because arenas are so small, you can't even run far enough from an enemy to use a healing item.
@nuno, maybe record a few fights to show people exactly how it's supposed to be passable.. because I think a lot of people are going to be frustrated with the combat. And I really, really want to like this game.

Discord: clemchowder633

2020-12-27 00:22:46

The following are recordings in different ways.
http://www.fileconvoy.com/dfl.php?id=gb … 7634754f81

2020-12-27 00:44:16

@#77
You can learn from the above recording, you need to be familiar with the map if you want to win.

2020-12-27 00:54:57

Thanks. Will check this out.

2020-12-27 11:37:27

Hi @Assault,
I will record the whole demo today.
@Lirin Yeah, thanks for your opinion. Highly appreciated.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2020-12-27 11:42:55

By the way, I have learnt a possible release date. We might expect the game somewhere near the Spring festival, so in February.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.

2020-12-27 19:18:13

@Nuno.  yes, it was with the local emulator

once upon a time, a beautiful little girl who wore a beautiful red hood.  while she was passing through a forest, she was killed by Captain America.  The end...

2020-12-28 00:13:56 (edited by assault_freak 2020-12-28 00:39:08)

Yep. Played the demo a couple more times today, and I definitely hope combat improves. Or at least the amount of money you can gain up to that point so you can buy more items... the combat is still the only thing keeping me from liking this game. This is becoming a trend for me with the chinese games. I love the writing and story, presentation as well. But combat is either too simplistic unbalanced, or sometimes both. I love more about this game than not, unfortunately the one thing I don't like is a major part of it. Combat in this game does not feel like you are controlling a skilled swordsman. But I'm not giving up on it yet... because I'm always open. The writing in this story are fantastic.Also...
Nuno, send me a skype or what'sapp message please.

2020-12-28 00:52:34

Yeah unbalance would be the right thing I think. not to mention sometimes the movement is a bit cluncky.

2020-12-28 08:39:24

@Assault, I have changed phone, SIM, everything, so please send me your number in an E-Mail
nuno69a at gmail dot com. I am happy to talk to you!

2020-12-28 10:31:57

Hmm, the recordings do sound quite nice, the music does have a pritty awesome vibe to it. But generally, and i am assuming from here on out, combat still sounds like, mash a key till your enemy goes down, rince and repeat.
Depending on how story driven the game is, a large portion will be not really in depth for the western audience due to crappy translation. I will give the game a go, if I can get it to work and see for myself.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2020-12-28 11:58:21

Hi @SightlessHorseman,
You're not exactly right about the combat. You can find strategic positions to make the enemy less advantegous. Objects in this game collide, meaning that if you find a good enough space you can kill enemies one by one, for instance.
Glad you atleast want to try, not like some others before.

2020-12-28 11:59:48

Also, a question. When fighting the first boss it is possible to trip him down. He yells and falls down to the ground. Did anyone notice whether it gives us something? I just was about to leave home when  fighting him so I didn't care much.

2020-12-28 12:10:03

At Nuno well it depends on if I can get the game to run in the first place. i know how to use locale emulator, it worked fine with 1942, so i will see if I can pull this off somehow.
BTW. your link to the chinese games guide is still broken, I don't know if you new about this.

Greetings Moritz

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2020-12-28 13:14:02

No, I did not. I need to write a better guide anyway. Might do it even today since you told me the old one died.

2020-12-28 17:20:46

@Nuno: Can you give a more in-depth explanation of combat? I get that there are skills; I read the descriptions of the skills and everything. But to the uninitiated combat quickly becomes a key mashing fest because there don't seem to be any guides on combat. I assume this is something that will be rectified in the full release of the game, but would still like to know how to do combat effectively.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2020-12-28 17:33:07

Dont let enemies surround you. If you get surrounded, you can only mash space to try and survive. I might record a guide on how to beat the demo like a man lol.

2020-12-28 19:19:27

Hi.
A quick tip to turn on screen reader mode faster.
Open config.ini file.
2 change output value to 2.
If you like clipboard change outup value to 1

2020-12-28 19:51:32

The enemy's attack method is usually to rush up and besiege you from all directions.
Then you must first choose a direction to quickly break through.
You can use the f key skill. This skill usually kills the enemy in one shot and can help you quickly open a gap.
Then you can have 3 options:
1: Run to an open place, increase your own movable space, keep running, take the enemy to move according to a certain route and attack once from time to time, slowly consuming all the enemies.
Pay attention to supplement health and mana.
2: The game has an object collision mechanism, so you can choose a narrow terrain to reduce the attacked area. For example, there are obstacles in the front and back, and only the left and right directions have exits. Then you only need to occupy this position, then follow the object collision The mechanism, enemies will line up, you will only be attacked by one enemy at a time. After the previous enemy is killed, the next enemy can attack you, so you can destroy the enemies one by one and pay attention to replenishing your health.
Usually this kind of terrain rarely occurs, and the most likely to occur is terrain with obstacles in two directions and exits in the other two directions.
3: Let your partner be the main attacker, you can be used as an auxiliary attack, because your partner seems to be stronger than you, if you find that your health is reduced, you can quickly escape, let your partner contain the enemy, and then you can run to a room, Press v to meditate, restore health and sharpen, When your health and mana are fully restored, you are coming out to continue fighting..
It seems that the enemy will not attack during meditation.
You need to be familiar with the map to do all this.
The game is not perfect yet. I have suggested that developers add sound prompts at the entrance of the building, and let the npc also have sound prompts.

2020-12-28 20:02:52

I have recorded the demo. I will upload it soon.

2020-12-28 21:01:33 (edited by assault_freak 2020-12-28 21:03:10)

I've discovered everything that was mentioned here about being in the right places to help deal with enemies especially after playing the demo. But I still think this game needs a good combo system and a block button. But pohai and Nuno are right. Right now, the combat in this game is based on being in the right location and being familiar with the map. I think sound prompts will help a lot, but I wish there was a way to know the range of each weapon. And I didn't know about the v key... thanks Pohai!

2020-12-28 21:17:33

If anybody still wants my recording
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1By7Saq … sp=sharing

2020-12-28 21:41:08

Nice recording! Definitely missed the house at the beginning area.. I do hope navigation gets improved as well as right now having to follow the walls like that is a little frustrating. I liked Battle of Armageddon's a little better. And that reminds me.. is this game made in the same engine?

2020-12-28 21:46:11

no, this game is use epl.