2020-12-24 18:21:00 (edited by Dakonna 2021-01-02 17:50:45)

Covid sucks. And most say this year sucked because of Covid, too. But the games that came out in 2020 sure didn't... well at least most of them! And you know what's even better? There's a lot of mainstream games this year! So feel free to vote in the pole above, and as usual, leave your voting explanations, praises, or rage fueled rants down below! The pole's open right up until December 31st, so you've got plenty of time to get your vote in during the holidays.
If none of the games listed are your favorite, then simply choose "other" and tell us what game you think should have been on the list.
***Quallifying games must either: Be fully accessible out of the box, or: Be fully accessible with mods, or: Be reasonably playable using aid software like OCR.
They must either: Be fully completed and finishable, or: Past concept demo or Alpha phase***
Oh, and since you got this far into my ramblings, here's a little something I made, because Fuck the normal Spotify yearly rewind since that's just done by an Algorithm.
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3ahDU … G1mKUwY0mg

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2020-12-24 18:35:47

a western drama.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem. All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them going again. I trust you are not in too much distress.

2020-12-24 19:06:12 (edited by omer 2020-12-24 19:07:08)

the last of us 2 man, pretty much, audiogame whise, i'M not sure
edit
scarlet shels

2020-12-24 19:15:33

Couldn't add Scarlet Shells because of the rules I set.

2020-12-24 19:36:58

It was a bit hard to pick between Spire and TLU II.  But ultimately I chose TLU II because third parties did the hard work to make spire accessible, not the dev team them selves.
TLU II isn't perfect, nor can we enjoy the game as much as we should by now, but that's the fault of the publishers for the most part, not the devs.
It represents a big step forward and a potential turning point for triple A gaming, so I'm not surprised it got so many of the votes thus far.

2020-12-24 20:02:57

sequence storm, it is an epic game, and it is an indi developer taking onboard all the feedback and making the game completely accessable

One of the lead developers of the Final Hour audio game, currently in beta.
https://finalhour.lowerelements.club

2020-12-24 20:59:18

For me nothing particurally impressing came out in this year, only the finishing of 1942 but who wants to read about that? Maybe TLOU is that huge bomb, but I didn't play so I haven't voted for it. Also, Dragonium is very good.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2020-12-24 21:18:33

I didn't have a favorite this year.

Who am I? Simply me!

2020-12-24 23:26:31

Hi.
I haven't played TLOU since I don't have a PlayStation, but I still picked it because the devs did something that we hadn't seen in a mainstream game

Contact Discord Telegram Threema Signal Facebook Mastodon
PSN ID, Rich_Beardsley

2020-12-25 00:42:38

Although I haven’t play TLOU 2 yet because of me not having a PlayStation 4 anymore, I still vote the game cause it’s a huge step forward for accessibility in a mainstream games, and it may probably set a new standard for developers of triple A games who wants to implement accessibility features. Although not perfect, but it really payed off. Huge thanks to naughty dog for creating such an already beloved games of recent years and making it even better with accessibility features. With this, I hope audio game developers can make a game with an excellent story, solid gameplay, excellent sound design and much more.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2020-12-25 00:59:20

Although I didn't like where they went with the story in tlou 2, I'm still gonna vote for it, because the accessibility's extremely great and the sound design's pretty good too. Oh and Ashely Johnson and everyone else rocks!

"Hello Jerry."
"Hello Newman."

2020-12-25 01:11:05

Well, I voted for TLOU2 but after that Hades is the same great as 13 sentinels. I just love these three games a LOT!

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2020-12-25 01:18:41

Had to give it to 13 sentinel.

2020-12-25 01:20:56

Well quite a hard one, it|s a close race between Tlou 2, Hades and 13 sentinels.

Lookking at audiogames on their own, I|m going for scarlet shels. Yeah yeah, it's not up for voting, but screw it, it's the best one we have right now.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2020-12-25 01:27:47

The last of us part II, hands down.

2020-12-25 01:48:24

The last of us part no contest

2020-12-25 02:45:44

I voted for tlou2 since i have not played it myself, but the devs made a great job at adding accessibility support. With this game, i feel a new standard has been made for aaa games.

2020-12-25 03:34:54

Gotta address Sequence Storm. I get why you'd vote for it. Thing is, it's not a 2020 game. It came out last year, and was indeed up for a vote in the 2019 pole.

2020-12-25 05:59:33

Close tossup for me between the last of us part 2 and 13 sentinels. I just couldn't get over not being able to control item scans any more than how far the range went. It personally felt a little clunky where 13 sentinels, though with less accessibility, felt like an overall smoother experience. The story wasn't also quite my cup of tea, but I definitely enjoyed my time with TLU 2 and if I could've voted twice, I would've voted for it. TLU 2 has set a huge bar very high up for accessibility in triple A games going forward and I look forward to what comes next. If I was to review the game it'd get a solid 9.5/10.

Discord: clemchowder633

2020-12-25 07:25:53

TLOU2, definitely. I haven't played Sentinels yet, though mean to give that a try sometime soon.

2020-12-25 09:13:31

revenge of the undead.

2020-12-25 10:36:33

Hey guys. What is Hades? It seems really interesting from what I read about it. Does it have sound or is it text-based?

2020-12-25 10:58:08

@22 hades is a realtime game, so yes, it's mostly sound. There are passages of the game that are fiddly to get through, but people have done it. Plus, the voice acting and amount of dialogue in the game is pretty fenominal.

2020-12-25 13:50:13

I will never never never play last of us 2.
because I just got pissed off with this whole wretched dystopia. I can't take it anymore!
Slay the spire was the best we had this year and i liked it a lot!

2020-12-25 19:24:41 (edited by Cornettoking 2020-12-25 19:29:14)

@21: I hope that was a joke. Don't get me wrong, ROTU isn't a bad game, but it's just not that good.
@1: Why do you include half-finished games in that list? That is too early praise in my opinion.

I don't play mainstream games (and I don't want to praise them just for including accessiblity, we're past that point, but that's another discussion) so for me, there wasn't really a game I consider worthy of the title "best blind-accessible game of 2020".
Sure, we had some decent games, but none were really that good.

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW