2020-11-25 21:55:25

@all, for the current minute, it's best to not download it as me+tunmi don't know what's the problem, because when i compile it, it's all right, although tunmi has checked his whole drive and nothing is there, so i don't recommend you stop defender from doing it if it warned you if that's the case, because it's totally, strange.
so for now, it's better to wait for the next update because as i test with people who had the problem, they said that it's totally fine if they used my compiled version.

2020-11-27 17:33:33 (edited by tunmi13 2020-11-27 17:34:21)

Hello guys,
So I'd like to say that I am very sorry. Yesterday, I went and removed all my excludes, and performed a full scan on my system. 25 threats were nuked, along with Wocatac, the regular BGT virus.
Until the next version though, I am removing the game from my website until a clean version is released to prevent anyone from getting the viruses.
Until that time, anyone that has the game, please scan your system and delete the version so that you can avoid getting the malware. Blind Lightning will also be putting this in post 1.
Thank you.

-----
YouTube
GitHub
Discord: @tunmi13#1880

2020-11-27 17:48:15

@77 well this will be the last time i’ll be trying any of your games. Never again

2020-11-27 18:58:19

coming to think of it, how do you remove exclusions

One of the lead developers of the Final Hour audio game, currently in beta.
https://finalhour.lowerelements.club

2020-11-27 19:14:57

I'm speaking with moderator hat off here, so this is my personal opinion.
@78 The developer is trying to learn from it, scanned the system, removed the game to help anyone. I myself have removed my copy as well just in case, but that doesn't mean I will be abandoning the developer at all. It's not like he's the one who created the virus, for goodness sake, now if that was the case, yes, I would be seasing support for him, and telling the staff as much as well. But, it's not. It's an accident, an unfortunate one at that, and from what we're seeing on here, he's trying to learn from it. Isn't that the best we can ask for, for now?

2020-11-27 19:22:46

Uh, well as a developer, he should make sure his software is 100% safe for his users. Scanning the generated exe file with virus total, etc. Also? How did windows defender not delete the file after he compiled it. Guess he excluded his entire drive lol

2020-11-27 19:38:02

@tunmi13, consider looking into something like GitHub Actions or a similar service to compile and publish your games, this will insure that whatever "crap" you have on your personal computer wont get distributed through your game to others, (well exluding assets, but at that point it's kinda meh)

If you like what I do, Feel free to check me out on GitHub, or follow me on Twitter

2020-11-27 20:21:42

infact. me and meatbag and tunmi were talking about github today, and tunmi was like. hating it. so i dout that he is going to use it.

2020-11-27 20:32:18 (edited by mazen 2020-11-27 20:33:45)

I don’t know why people prefer dropbox over github. That’s just so stupid imo

2020-11-27 20:36:29

@mazen to be fair, Github seems really confusing.

2020-11-27 20:58:53

i didn't use github my self, but i am sure if someone got the hang of it, it's easy enough, and my self i prefer dropbox but it's not that safe anymore as i herd.

2020-11-27 21:26:47

Git's confusing, until it really, really isn't. If you go on the path to learning it, get ready to make a life-long friend who'll never leave your side.

2020-11-27 21:33:51 (edited by queenslight 2020-11-27 21:40:58)

For storing/sharing files, I'd go with Keybase.

Desktop/Mobile clients are usable enough with screen readers, web site is quite accessible.

The big question, would 250 GB be enough for storing EXE's and/or projects?
They'd also be properly signed. As an example:

This file was signed by:

queenslight
Trenton Matthews

2020-11-27 22:19:23

@78 is the most stupid post I ever read, really

2020-11-27 22:34:00

@89, need I remind you, you did the exact same thing to Rory?

2020-11-27 22:39:57

@90 that is difrint story, rory was not having viruses but rather something else

2020-11-28 11:29:07 (edited by bhanuponguru 2020-11-28 12:15:55)

tunmi and mohamed, i have othing to work with, so i wana contribute with it. i have your contacts on skype. so, can i join in the game?
and, github repo is the safest than dropbox. by any hance the link of the dropbox is leecked, entire code will bee stolen. but github don't care of you opened link from other private repo. it allows only accounts which has access to the code. so, tunmi, better to shift to github.. if you wan't i can help you in figuring out it. i have your skype contact with me. so,

if you like this post, please thum it up!
if you like to see my projects, feel free to check out my github
if you want to contact me, you can do here by skype. or you can follow me on twitter: @bhanuponguru
discord: bhanu#7882

2020-11-28 11:36:13

sorry for double posting, but yeah, this is the stupid post i read from @78
it's not his fault. then why some people like me is defender is not capturing the file? and, i add exclusions for only bgt games to the perticular game folder. when i first time lonch the game, defender din't flag it. second time, and n time also it din't flag. it's not his mistake. it's totally unfare to blame developer. the code is same but for some users it's flagging and for some other it's not. and, dev is looking at the code and trying to fix it. it's unfare dude. it's fare to inform them, but it's unfare to abandent him just because of this. and, if you think the dev wan't to infect you with virus, why wood mohamed remove from the website dude?

if you want to contact me, you can do here by skype. or you can follow me on twitter: @bhanuponguru

2020-11-28 12:44:19

@83. lol.

If you found this post helpful, amusing or funny, please thumb it up!
To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

2020-11-28 12:44:31

Well and this kids is exactly why you should never set up exclusions for your BGT games because shit like that can happen and possibly will. And we have already seen that developers in the blind comunity actively spread viruses, Multy Extra anyone.

at 84 well ossibly because of the same reason as they use skype instead of discord.
We are poor blindys, we did it all the years like that, so why should we change methods. Funnily a typical german behaviour if I might say so.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2020-11-28 12:52:53 (edited by bhanuponguru 2020-11-28 13:08:38)

@95
i don't setup exclusions for any peace of software. i setup exclusions for only bgt because we all know that language is like that. some of my friends do disable antivirus lol. i say them you lol, it fucks up your computer.
and i agree with you man. that's what the difference. dropbox is different from great versioning system. dropbox is file sharing system. github is versioning system as well as colabirating source code and projects. it has many advantages for developers. it's better, i say this, great to use github. even i too use it if you see in my signature. github is great for group projects.

2020-11-28 13:41:25

Meh, @78 said the samw thing on bts when nobody was on to restore his account.

@90, Ty I believe lol true. At least 78 didn't, cough cough.

As for db, I don't really see how the source can get out unless someone shares the link. Also, if we're avoiding git why not google drive? You probably have room for 10
Arge audio games and a crapton of stuff

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-11-28 14:26:18

@97
in dropbox, you should exchange each one's sources by any chatting. but in github, you don't need to. if one make a commit, it get accessed to all the people who have access to repo. and they can pulll it if they wan't. and, it has great branching system. and it has may great features.

2020-11-28 15:39:07

@98, dropbox shared system does update whatever file you update and sends to other people with the shared folders, and if you want a old version of a file, easy. shift f10 on the file and then go down to version history and there you have all versions from since you uploaded it at first. that's why most people use it.

2020-11-28 15:40:24

sorry for double posting, but that doesn't mean that dropbox is safe to use, i am just saying that it's the easyest thing around.