2020-11-22 22:00:23 (edited by blindLightning 2020-11-27 18:46:15)

urgent message from Tunmi13, one of the developers:
Hello guys,
So I'd like to say that I am very sorry. Yesterday, I went and removed all my excludes, and performed a full scan on my system. 25 threats were nuked, along with Wocatac, the regular BGT virus.
Until the next version though, I am removing the game from my website until a clean version is released to prevent anyone from getting the viruses.
Until that time, anyone that has the game, please scan your system and delete the version so that you can avoid getting the malware. Blind Lightning will also be putting this in post 1.
Thank you.

original message:
hey every one, tunmi13 and Mohamed Sulaiman, have just come out with a python rewrite of a open source tutorial game tunmi did a while ago, taken from the readme
"Welcome to Shooter Extreme, the Python rewrite!
A while ago, Shooter Extreme was a small little project I had made in BGT to help people figure out how to make games. I then abandoned the old source code and moved onto redesigning a newer version in BGT, implementing more tools of destruction, such as aircrafts, missiles, and robots. However, I soon set the project aside until recently, when I decided I would rewrite it in Python.
Also recently, Mohamed has teamed up with me, and we have come up with something pretty good for an offline shooter. So Shooter Extreme is now extreme indeed.
Shooter Extreme, or Shooter XT, is a 2D sidescrolling game in which your goal is to kill the enemies that are thrown at you. But this time, Shooter Extreme is back, and now lives up to its title!
Using health drinks to keep yourself alive, picking up ammo around the map, dispersing robots and missiles to help you bring down the enemies that await you, and participating in long standing sky battles, this game is full of action and violence that the old version could've never offered before."

I hope you enjoy this rand new game, you can get the game directly here:
i have removed the link until the version of the game is clean.
you can check out tunmi13's website here:
https://tunmi13.dev
have a great time.

One of the lead developers of the Final Hour audio game, currently in beta.
https://finalhour.lowerelements.club

2020-11-22 22:36:59 (edited by Charles 2020-11-22 22:41:21)

Oh boy, this thing takes around 6seconds to start, sometimes the landing sound plays before the woosh when you fall off a platform, surviving for more than 2 minutes is something I'm failing to manage right now, and it seems like you automatically gain items as soon as you kill an enemy instead of making them spawn on the map, I could be wrong though, as I haven't gotten to testing it enough to make sure yet.
Alright, more feedback, the menu music volume doesn't save, which is annoying in my opinion.
I'll edit this post incase I find something new.

2020-11-22 23:14:08

This sounds interesting. Downloading now

Though our eyes may fail, our ears prevail!
User Karma, every little helps

2020-11-23 01:13:13

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "sxt.py", line 23, in <module>
  File "shooter_xt.py", line 27, in shooter_xt.main
  File "shooter_xt.py", line 46, in shooter_xt.mainmenu
  File "shooter_xt.py", line 39, in shooter_xt.mainmenu
  File "game.py", line 51, in gameloop
  File "game.py", line 499, in heliloop
  File "lucia\audio\bass\sound.py", line 114, in pitch
  File "sound_lib\channel.py", line 515, in set_frequency
  File "sound_lib\channel.py", line 279, in set_attribute
  File "sound_lib\main.py", line 61, in bass_call
sound_lib.main.BassError: 20, an illegal parameter was specified

2020-11-23 01:15:00

Also this really isn't the same project, well it is, but wasn't the initial version to give people a base to base things off of? This is not open sourced. Not like I really see it as a huge issue, the old code made me want to rip my ears off, but just saying. I don't think it should be called the same project. Nice job using ShooterCD sounds, too.

2020-11-23 01:28:56

And lets get prepared for the curse of non-developer released games lmao. Meh, shouldn't be talking as I was gonna announce it, but its nice to sit back and watch the curse work its obia magic

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-11-23 01:37:18 (edited by defender 2020-11-23 01:38:36)

@Charles
Does the game taking 6 seconds to load affect the gameplay in any way?  I remember other games I enjoyed taking much longer, like Entombed for instance.
I've found that coders often have to make the choice between loading the sounds the first time they play (slower in the actual game) or at the start (slower when starting the program).  I don't know about you, but I'd much prefer the latter.
Automatically gaining items for kills doesn't seem so bad to me...  After all, it's still the same in the end right?  And I don't much like running around frantically gathering items while trying to listen to the enemies my self anyway.  I guess it's just one of those mechanics choices that helps make games a bit different from each other.
I bet you'll get better at the game and survive longer after practice, I had the same trouble with Oh Shit for a long time too.

2020-11-23 01:40:23

@JayJay
Oh I wouldn't be so sure, I mean if the game is fun to play, that's what matters most right?  Everything else is secondary.
Besides, it's good practice, who knows what we might get 5 years from now from these devs right?

2020-11-23 08:24:46

Hi.
This game is cool, but the AI spawning is too fast for me, to fast that I can't even check my items and use them, I can't even take off with my air craft, if I did, the helicopters will shoot at me, and by the time the aircraft is fully set and moving, it would be too late, as my aircraft will explode after being shot sevral times.

2020-11-23 10:24:46

Why can't we make games like these first person? At least it would sort of fill the new offline fps gap.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2020-11-23 13:19:10

This game is very very stupid. Cand start aircraft can'd kill chelicopters. No savet time its very very sorry for this shitty game. Sudden attack is better. Or kotillaroini.

2020-11-23 13:25:44

@11 oh take your clone and go cry a way... this one is better than 10000 clones

2020-11-23 13:56:06

I'm going to assume part of the reason this game is not quite up to scratch yet is because this is the first version of the rewrite. But here's the thing. It is a rewrite, not a clone, and I think that's very important.
As for sounds from ShooterCD: well, I don't recognize actual sequences (note, I said sequences, as in sounds put together, not just individual effects) from that game. If you're going to come out and say the footsteps, or bullet impacts, are from there, let's get real, they could be from anywhere. I certainly don't recognize the fist swinging sound from anywhere, and the punching sounds sound like, well, punching sounds. I am also not familiar with most of the weapon sounds either.
The metallic aircraft hits have been heard in a few projects before, it does not seem to be taken from one specific, project. Essentially more like a stock sound.

2020-11-23 14:16:44

Nah, i think for a re wwrite from BGT to python, the game is not too bad.

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2020-11-23 14:31:03

well yes the game is hard, but i mean come on people, we can't like all the time have a game where easy go play and the player has like a huge sniper that shoots for 100 tiles and kills for 1 hit, i mean yeah it's hard, but you could e.g. take a aircraft from some enemy dropped items, and then take like 4 robots, and then you could like enter your aircraft, wait a bit, if you noticed that lots of enemies are attacking you, launche the robots, they should at least kill 95% of enemies that are attacking you. and then when launching, since the launche sound is long, take your 2 weapons, and reload them, note that helicopters doesn'tstart attacking you till the aircraft is already going, so at that time you should be fine if you know what are you doing, and then when flying, i like to do the following, reload my rocket, walk away from the helicopters, lets say i have a helicopter at my left, i face right, higher my speed, wait a bit, and then face left, wait a bit that i be close but not that much close infrunt of the helicopter, fire my rocket, and again face right, repeat the thing over and over, that way i most the time battle in air since battling the helicopters with the energy blasters is a bit of headache mostly if like 3 helicopters attacks you at once lol.

2020-11-23 14:36:50

OK, I played it last night and 2 things.
1. When you're in the aircraft, the sounds of being shot, plus yoour own aircraft engines and others around you are a tad bit overwwelming, perhaps maybe you can lower the sounds of other helecopterswhile in the aircraft?
2. The waiting time is a bit long, I get it you have to load sounds and that jazz. Perhaps to make it mentally feel less long you can open the windoow and play some music, and aannounce wwwith the tts your loading the sounds, please wait.
3. Um, not sure if i'm doing something wrong, but the aircraft commands seem to be out of wwack. X and W performs the same function, and ctrl to my understanding does nothing.
Lastly, the large health boosters should give a wee bit more health, but otherwise goood games.

Hey, @11, you know whats one thing this has on Sudden Attack?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            This was built from scratch, in python! Sudden attack can't boast that! So, the next time you're bigging up your little shitty clone, in which there are about 24 others just like it, remember the dev of it most likely stole the code and did very little work to it and is a lazy schmuck!

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-11-23 14:40:45

@16, i letted the x when launching the aircraft let you select a weapon to avoid players using normal weapons like gun and machine_gun, yeah i just now noticed that normal numbers draws them anyway, but i thought that i disallowed that, should be fixed in the next update.

2020-11-23 15:46:26

is it open sourced or closed sourced. i am confising of post 1

if you like this post, please thum it up!
if you like to see my projects, feel free to check out my github
if you want to contact me, you can do here by skype. or you can follow me on twitter: @bhanuponguru
discord: bhanu#7882

2020-11-23 15:51:47

@16 96% of that long time when lonching the game is python's falt

2020-11-23 15:53:59

but I do not think i'll be playing this unles a reason for that is given
Downloads\Compressed\sxt\sxt\sxt.exe

Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software.

2020-11-23 16:16:47

I still get this when trying to use a aircraft.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "sxt.py", line 23, in <module>
  File "shooter_xt.py", line 27, in shooter_xt.main
  File "shooter_xt.py", line 39, in shooter_xt.mainmenu
  File "game.py", line 51, in gameloop
  File "game.py", line 499, in heliloop
  File "lucia\audio\bass\sound.py", line 114, in pitch
  File "sound_lib\channel.py", line 515, in set_frequency
  File "sound_lib\channel.py", line 279, in set_attribute
  File "sound_lib\main.py", line 61, in bass_call
sound_lib.main.BassError: 20, an illegal parameter was specified
Also yes, a lot of the launch time is due to Python being Python. Well, actually, it's pyinstaller. It literally has to extract everything to a temp directory and run it. Plus pygame, lucia, etc.

2020-11-23 16:47:53

@21, think that i know what's doing that, it's the helicopter messing around with pitch, hopefuly, it's fixed in the next update.

2020-11-23 17:15:03

Hi why i say that game is stupid? Not  save game options. What i can play in this game when when start i death. That is that stupid as blood rain or same. Sounds are super but no normally chance to play. When jet start helicopters death you. Jet start very long its ok but i have 0 chances! I am very very frustratet! This game is for brutals slayers.

2020-11-23 17:32:27

Hi, not a bad idea! but there are some problems.
When the game is open, my computer seems to be lagging, severely.
I have an i7, 3.50 ghz and 16 go of RAM. I have also a nvidia card.
the inventory seems totally buggy, I can get item, but i can't see items with tab. But i can press enter to use it. WTF. So, I think the game is far too difficult with the little ammunition and health when you start.
Oh, and the music level go back to maximum when you die or when you press escape.

I usualy speak french, so please excuse all my english mistakes. Thanks!

2020-11-23 17:38:07

tab totally works with almost everyone that tryed the game only you @24, and the lagging problem seem weird, never happened to me, i mean yeah it may lagg for a second or 2 when launching that's because pyinstaller is slow in launching+sounds are beeing loaded into memory, so that's totally normal, but the inventory problem? never herd someone have it, are you sure that it's not a problem from your computer?