2020-10-09 10:55:40

hi guys as you know that tomorrow is the national day of Taiwan
but a few days ago China Wrote a letter saying that no one should celebrate Taiwan's national day.
what is your take on this?

want peace to be there everywhere around the world also I want an immediate sollution to be given for this war so that the bloodshed could be ended. live peacefully, let others also live peacefully

2020-10-09 11:42:56 (edited by omer 2020-10-09 11:44:46)

lol
i wonder how will you react if I bring indiea up with its not good sides
man you never learn

2020-10-09 11:52:46

Moderation:
Omer, I'm gonna go ahead and issue a caution here. Not a warning yet, but seriously. You are trying to start a firestorm.
I'll grant you that this topic is very controversial, and we'll be keeping a close eye on it, but last time I checked - about eighteen seconds ago - it's not against the rules to criticize a country, particularly if it's done factually or respectfully. It is not unfair or unreasonable for a forum user to make a thread about a country. Let's be real here; a good deal of the 2020 American election thread is me and a few others annihilating Trump and, by consequence, the United States. If China is speaking ill of Taiwan or trying to de-legitimize them, Aryamansingh bringing it up is not problematic in and of itself. The reason we're going to watch the thread is because, while it's okay right now, Aryamansingh has definitely made objectionable statements in the past.
You, on the other hand, came in here and basically tried to start stuff for no good reason. If he says or does something racist, call it out or report it, and we'll deal with it. Until then, for heaven's sake put down your torch.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2020-10-09 12:18:36

hello,
i'll totaly understand what your saying and I have nothing against it
the way I reacted was not professional but if you go ahead and check the last 50 posts of the OP, you'Ll get what I mean
but either way, this wasn't professional I'll kindly appoligise

2020-10-09 12:22:53

bro everyone does mistakes. so did I.
and I vow to not repeat such mistakes again.
I just asked for opinion.
I didn't write anything that is objectionable.

want peace to be there everywhere around the world also I want an immediate sollution to be given for this war so that the bloodshed could be ended. live peacefully, let others also live peacefully

2020-10-09 12:28:37

and post number 2
I do learn from my mistakes and thus, this is the reason why I am thinking a thousand times before posting any post on this forum from now on.

2020-10-09 12:43:45

i'M happy for you then

2020-10-09 12:56:50 (edited by George_Gaylord 2020-10-09 12:57:59)

My opinion is china do bad things to their people so we should move our manufacturing back to the west. Move our factories out of China and bring them to mexico, South America, the Caribbean, and Africa. Regions where they could get away with low wages and still be humain. Ah. If only Good old Pat was still alive...

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-10-09 13:01:04

Where that letter can be read? In chinese preferably?

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2020-10-09 13:13:24

I'm not a fan. I feel like we could put a mighty big dent in their economy by pulling our manufacturing business out of there.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2020-10-09 13:37:34

thank god.

2020-10-09 13:40:03

@Ironcross. Too bad the big boys over in Detroit and California shipped away miliioons of American job. Europe and India are also pretty guilty in this Chinasiation of our manufacturing.

_____

2020-10-09 13:44:28

Couple things:

Contrabercial things are done by every country. Disney is in all kinds of trouble, and a part of it is because they took the time to thank the chinese government for letting them philm in the northwest region. Thats problematic because that region is where you can still find consentration camps today, just like the US government did to the japanese back during world war II. So they ordered their media not to cover disney's movie that they shot there. I mention this because i think its important to be specific when you call something like this out, otherwise you cast a bad light on some people who may be entirely innocent. Saying things like china did this, or america did that is way over generalizing in my opinion. Bet some of you guys  didn't know that people living in latin america find it offensive if someone from the united states tells them that they are from america, because guess whatz? People living in south america are also from america. Thats why i always take the time to point out the states specifically when refering to america,.

2020-10-09 13:45:19

let me post the letter here

The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) on Thursday reiterated that the Indian media is free and it reports on issues on merit. The Ministry spokesperson’s response came a day after the Chinese Embassy sent an email to around 250 journalists asking them not to refer to Taiwan as a “country” or a “nation” while covering a special event on October 10 to be organised by the Taipei Economy and Cultural Centre (TECC) in India.
“There is a free media in India, that reports on issues that they see fit,” said Anurag Srivastava of the Ministry of External Affairs in response to a question during the weekly online media interaction.
The MEA response came a day after the note to the Indian media urged them to follow the “One China principle” with regard to the upcoming celebration of the “109th” anniversary of the “national” day of Taiwan.
The Chinese Embassy reminded the Indian media that Beijing does not recognise Taiwan as an independent country or a nation and the Indian media should follow that while reporting on the Taiwanese event.
“We hope Indian media can stick to Indian government’s position on Taiwan question and do not violate the One-China principle,” the Chinese statement had said.
India has officially followed the “One-China principle” and there has been no change in that stance. . The TECC does not have a diplomatic status here as India does not recognise Taiwan as a separate entity.
The Chinese statement drew widespread response on social media. Comments poured in from Taiwan, including from persons in Taipei. A social media post from Taiwan's “foreign ministry” hit out at the Chinese Embassy and accused Beijing of attempting to impose restrictions on Indian media.
However, the Embassy spokesperson reiterated Beijing's position on Thursday and said, “There is only one China in the world. Taiwan is inalienable part of China's territory. One-China policy is international universal consensus and long-standing position of Indian government, which China appreciates. It is wishful thinking to seek any “Taiwan independence”.”.
The exchanges took place hours after External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar participated in the Quad ministerial meeting with counterparts from Australia, Japan and the United States in Tokyo where all sides reiterated common commitment to uphold a free and inclusive Asia-Pacific region of which the Taiwan Strait forms an important part.
The issues related to the Asia-Pacific region are expected to feature in the 2+2 dialogue between Dr. Jaishankar. Defence Minister Rajnath Singh and their U.S. counterparts Mike Pompeo and Mark Esper. The MEA on Thursday confirmed that the meeting will be held this year but Mr. Srivastava did not give a specific date for the important event when both countries are expected to seal an agreement for geo-spatial cooperation.

2020-10-09 13:57:08

Just say you're from El Norte, they'll get it.

End racism
End division
Become united

2020-10-09 14:33:21

Yeah it was pretty bold of the US to just  swoop in adn call themselves America. From what I can tell they were gonna call themselves Freedonia, or Columbia but Grand Columbia in the south emerged, and Freedonia fell out of favour, so America was chosen.

_____

2020-10-09 14:42:24 (edited by electro 2020-10-09 14:45:40)

That's the reason why there shall be an unified north American republic. US, Mexico and Canada together.. And eaven I really don't know why they call themselves Americans on the U.S, but I like to call them as "United Staters" or "Usonians". Just that there's "Estadounidense" in Spanish language, there shall be an endonim for them in english, and "American" shall be "A resident from the American continent."

73 Wj3u

2020-10-09 15:01:14

I always just tell people that I'm from the states

Over here, we believe in the freedom of speech and expression, so what the chinese embassy is trying to impose is wrong in my opinion. Thats like telling me that I can't selebrate independence day. Thats also why I could never stand to make my residence in such places that limit what you can say, because if someone does something wrong, I'm going to fall them out.

2020-10-09 15:27:37 (edited by Tuohai 2020-10-09 15:30:15)

@18
Taiwan can always only be Taiwan Province. This is a matter of principle and has nothing to do with freedom of speech.
If Texas in the United States celebrated its independence, what would you think?
One of the reasons I dislike freedom of speech most is that it No principle and dare to say anything. Some words can only make people feel arrogant and unreasonable, and they seem to have no knowledge.
I still stick to my point of view.
Some things can be said, but some things are better not to be said, and freedom of speech must also be a degree.

2020-10-09 15:32:37

What is my opinion on China?

Well china has been around for a very long time, virtually ever since humanity started making ceramic pots, however it was the development of glazing techniques and the formulation of coloured glazes that utility changed to art form, leading to many asian customs such as tea ceremonies which exist to this day.

of course, with Victorian expantion and the obsession with eastern culture, glazed pots, and particularly tea became very important in England as well, indeed I have something of a fondness for willow pattern tea services myself, since I appreciate the ancient fairy tale story of doomed love.

Wait a minute? What do you mean this topic isn't about pottery?

Delicate subject matter, ancient cultures, and above all potential for lots of high heat flames to turn previously malleable substances into something hard and brittle?
Sounds about right to me.

Anyway, as I don't like the heat I'll get out of the kiln, and will have a nice cup of tea, or coffee in my case big_smile.

Oh, and for other matters, I personally agree with Kenshira in post 13,
generalisations are always wrong, America is a big place, and since I have no knowledge of what the situation between Taiwan and China is, I'll leave well enough alone before I break any crocks big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-10-09 15:46:14

@19 Texas has their own lone star flag and no one complains.

And in regards to your pointnon freedom of speech, I agree that some things are better left unsaid. However, shaming, harming, and putting people to death for criticizing others, or for not sharing the views of the general public is wrong, and thats the bottom line.

2020-10-09 15:48:04

No one is brainwashed by their government in this thread, are they?

End racism
End division
Become united

2020-10-09 16:10:26

No, but unfortunately for what they call as "Americans" will call them as "Usonians" or "United Staters" instead of the first. American for me sounds like someone from! the continent, but not from the USA. As for MRS. China, I really... Or ever don't know. All I know it has very advanced technology that I can even communicate with aliens!

73 Wj3u

2020-10-09 16:51:26

@拓海
I'm confused why Taiwan is regarded as a province of China. During the civil war the Kuomintang government retreated to Taiwan, and it was never conquered by the communist forces that took over the mainland. So it's not controlled by the same government. It seems to me like north and south Korea, where each country claims all of Korea, and the goal is to reunify, but at the moment they are two different countries with different governments. China claims Taiwan and wants to reintegrate it, but at the moment it is a separate country that has its own government. I also heard Taiwan claims all of the territory that was controlled by the Qing dynasty, including Mongolia, but I don't know if that's still true.

2020-10-09 17:29:04

@Zakc 93
I agree with you. are you celebrating Taiwan national day tomorrow? because I am celebrating it.
and I am going out for a lunch with my family tomorrow.