2020-08-15 22:14:24

Hi everyone, I have a very bad takeaway/takeout adiction like thing I do when I get bored, I'm working on it but it's hard.

I'm making this post to say don't be like me, make sure you eat small portion sizes, if you have to only use half the plate, do it, even if it doesn't feel or look right.

Drink tuns more water than soda or sugary drinks.

Go for a walk each day, if you can.

I've ordered 3 or perhaps 4 croissants, 3 saussage roles, and I was meant to order a egg bacan sandwich thing but it didn't arrive, that's just tonight, this morning I ordered subway.

yesterday I ordered a burger with chips.

I know I've ordered more than that and really need to get my act together. I'm telling you all this to show you what not to do, don't become like me, please. It's not fun being overweight and having breathing issues plus a little bit of back fat and a big belly, it's really not a good idea.

If you must drink sodas, drink diot sodas, from what I read they're not as bad for you, but the best thing to do is to drink water.

This is very important, for those of you that htink you'll not lose weight or that you can't stop, you can, it's hard but the more you work on it the easier it becomes.

I'm gone for real :)

2020-08-15 22:31:05

rofl you try to be safe with your foods 2.

You see a signature that is 800 characters and 8 lines long. You quickly report it to the administrators

2020-08-15 22:34:55

@moaddye, I will try.

2020-08-15 22:59:13

Laughs in losing about 5 pounds overall and growing about 2.3 inches

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-08-15 23:10:55

@jj, that's great!

2020-08-16 00:30:14

Brad, I sometimes take food as a source of entertainment, I mean something that makes my mood-boosted and my boredom let go. You know we sometimes go through times where we struggle against boredom in our blindy life, especially in these Covid19 situations. Any recommendations?
PS: I'm not necessarily whining about the blindness matter, but you know it's just those times at when you literally don't know what to do to break boredom.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2020-08-16 00:31:00 (edited by Dark 2020-08-16 00:31:23)

"Brad, if your living on your own, do you know about Morrison's new phone service for disabled people with troubles with Kovid?

We've had a friend doing our shopping recently, since ordering online has such a massive kew, and actually going out in lockdown is a bad idea due to virus issues and not being able to social distance (as I've mentionned previously, with Mrs. Dark hopefully having just recovered from Cancer, and the bloody government not knowing what they're doing, we are being careful).

You might want to consider looking at that, since that way you could order better things, and so not need to resort to takeaway as often, which might help.

I've also mentioned previously that zombies run is awesome! I've been unable to do this for the past few days due to the bloody hot weather and/or my weird sleep schedule, but I was able to get back to it today, which was good.

Really sorry to hear your having trouble with this brad, hope you can sort things out.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-08-16 00:52:05

On another side note, Dark I'm pretty glad to hear that your wife is recovering from cancer, wish you both a very happy and healthy life. Stay safe everybody.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2020-08-16 03:28:36

Wish you and her the best for the future.

2020-08-16 04:07:48

@Muhammad  and Gorilla, thanks for the good wishes.

Bare in mind when I say "recovering", here I sort of mean, that her last scan was negative, the side effects from the radio therapy are still slowly fading, and she's having trouble with anxiety and worries that the thing might or might not come back.
This is part of the reason I've not exactly been diligent with the weekly updates recently, since things have honestly been quite difficult, heck, I've not really had the heart to even do much gaming, albeit hopefully things are improving somewhat now, and I'm at least getting back to games.

Sorry to slightly derail Brad's topic there.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-08-16 06:01:56

Not pretending to know what you're going through, since everyone's situation and condition is different, but I hear you on the uncertainty of the next tests.  I'll say that I won't forget the day when mine called me to tell me she had breast cancer.  I was standing in a driveway at a jobsite when she called.  Those hospital stays, struggles, seeing your wife like that, man there were so many emotions going through me.  Seeing as how we're on a gaming message board, I'll say that we had some long nights of playing Mario Odyssey during her recovery, and I'm thankful for that game.  Now that I think about it, I can look back at certain points in my life, and can correlate games that had impact on me during some of the tougher times.  Like I said, I can't relate to whatever happened, but I definitely hear you.

2020-08-16 06:13:58

@Muhammad Hajjar, I'd recommend ppodcast, youtube, fan fiction, or walking around if you can. Buying food just to fill a gap for an hour or so isn't a good idea.

It's hard to not buy food, but try your best and if you do buy takeaway, make sure its healthy as much as you can.

@Dark, I'd not heard of this service, my nan still manages to buy food but htanks.

I hope your wife feels better soon.

@NortheasternGorilla, I hope your wife feels better.

2020-08-16 10:58:19

i gained 10 kg when I was working in Madrid, because I was too lazy to cook sometimes. I ordered takeout twice or 3 tiems a week, + if I went out for lunch over the weekend... It was pretty bad.

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2020-08-16 18:44:48

@Gorilla, sorry to hear about your wife, hope she's okay.
I'll admit having gone through six weeks of radio therapy just in time to be put on the kovid serious risk list wasn't good, neither was being just about kicked out of the hospital's cancer support group with a facile excuse which has nothing to do with them disliking blind people honest gov.

We're coping with things as usual, but I will admit the last few weeks have been hard.

Interestingly enough, I found while my lady was in radio therapy that games which were low key in terms of major engagement with the source were actually pretty good going, since just being able to whack away and win, or explore interesting landscapes was sort of what I wanted, even if the games themselves werent' necessarily the most inervative.
Thus, I completely finished blind gladiator and did a lot of alien blasting on space encounter on my Iphone whilst waiting in hospital, and for the rest of the time, I think I'll always have a bit of a soft spot for blindquest, button smacky combat and over dramatic voice acting and all, just because it was sort of the perfect thing at that point.

@Brad, one idea might be to consider making a couple of miner switches. For example, in my early twenties I lost a lot of weight when I switched to ultra dark chocolate, since I realised I had a coco addiction.

i've also found myself zombies run helps a lot with exercise since it appeals to my generally gamer mentality, being able to complete missions, get supplies, build up my base etc, indeed I am probably doing more exercise now with zombies run (certainly more running), than I have at most points.

2020-08-16 21:12:38

The best cure is don't watch the news.  My wife and I got so sick of the brainwashing during this virus so we just listen to music on the alexa while we're home.  It's good background while I work.  As far as the food thing goes, we are lead to believe that this is bad and that is bad.  Oh, don't eat this, oh, don't drink that.  You only live once.  Eat all you want and as my dad always said, "drink big, kids!"

Please support me by checking out my ko-fi shop:
https://ko-fi.com/kjsisco56927

2020-08-16 22:33:21

Thanks gents!  Wife has been doing great for the past 2 years, going strong.

2020-08-16 22:56:47

No offense to OP because I honestly get it, but jesus fuck I thought I was bad those few times I ordered 1 meal a few days in a row.
People really under-estimate how addicting the action of eating can be, Especially when you're stuck inside like this, and you're bored, or just down about other shit.

NevEd.NDO#4838
My community discord:
https://discord.gg/2duutDtGFa

2020-08-16 23:24:41

@Gorilla, glad to hear it, also though my lady doesn't have breast cancer, it's nice to hear about someone whose okay, since yee gods! everytime you turn around in fiction someone is dying from cancer! You could almost get a complex big_smile.
It is true that you shouldn't be generally paranoid about what you eat, and take time to enjoy yourself, however there is such a thing as a happy medium, indeed in this I'd follow Aristotle's philosophy about moderation in all things, since while we all know health freaks who see diets as a kind of personal identity and probably spend more time obsessing over food than the most hardened gourmet, there are also people who are the gastronomic equivalent of heroin addicts and have a genuine problem.

Plus I'll say myself at least as far as exercise goes, I notice general benefits, especially at a point like this when other things in the world are so grim, it's like free antidepressants without the numming effects, which is definitely a good thing.

2020-08-17 04:42:44

@kjsisco, eat all you want is not healthy at all.

You may only live once, in this body, but stuffing it to the extent you can't move each day is really bad, not only will you gain weight but you could have issues with your teeth and bones and heart, it's really not a good idea.

@dark, it's not chocolate for me but if I ever want chocolate; I'll keep that in mind.

@NevEd, oh I know smile It's not good at all.

Yeah; eating when you're board is totally a thing and it's horrible. You eat to feel good then afterwards, you feel like crap.

2020-08-17 11:54:04

I have the same problems, and I blame it on the covid, though I'm not sure if it's the case any more. Ever since this horible pandemic, I developed this habit. It's not that I eat too much or too unhealthy, I eat as I always did before, but the problem is that now, I am almost 24/7 in front of the computer, and the weight I didn't put on because of the little movement I did before, I'm doing it in full now.

2020-08-17 15:01:43

@bgt lover, Same goes for me there, this however, is again where zombies run helps, I suspect I would be in the same fix without it,  indeed they've been putting up free weekly workouts corresponding to each week of covid lockdown which is good.

2020-08-17 18:45:26

well I am like #20. I think I should like walk more around the house or something since we don't have any space good enough I could run in, but even standing on my feet for 5 minutes makes it all cramped up.

You see a signature that is 800 characters and 8 lines long. You quickly report it to the administrators

2020-08-17 20:26:11

oh there are  plenty of ways to exercise in an apartment, when there is little space.
I was  excited when I did my first 10 pushups, now i manage to do about 60 non stop.
You can also do jumping jacks, step touches, and all of the other things. You can do static running too but be wary of your knees as plyometrics are to be done slowly and in a controlled manner.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2020-08-17 20:48:21

@UltraLeetJ, I should try to do more pushups and squots, thanks for the idea.

2020-08-17 21:59:17

@Brad, check out zombies runn's lockdown homefront series for some great exercise instructions.

For running, I use a mini trampoline, which is actually rather harder than running on the ground because you take more weight with each step  and bend the nknees more, yet it's much easier on the joints since the surface your running on is bouncy.
It also doesn't take up as much space as a treadmill either which is nice.

I also do a weight routine with two sets of hand weights, though I admit those were showed to me by a physio therapist, and isn't something I'd recommend unless you've had the input since you could potentially do an injury.

Btw, can anyone recommend any good Alexa workouts? My lady is looking for one, since zombies are less her thing.
I did try eight minute workout, but the instructions for each exercise are not as informative if you've not done them before.