2020-08-14 22:49:37

@Rich_Beardsley, Personally, my view that is I'm too old for all of these things, but a little reminiscing never hurts.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (@Minionslayer0). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Mastodon at @Minionslayer.

2020-08-15 02:15:25

I'm not sure about the voice actress. Yeah, you can change your nickname. I think she comes with like 6 nickname choices.

Add me on Skype, search for The Evil Chocolate Cookie

2020-08-15 05:44:31

Personally, there are definitely toys that I have outgrown and now want no part of as an adult.

That said, there are some absolutely huge bits of nostalgia that'll take me right back to childhood. An old NES game, for instance, or Power Rangers/Ninja Turtles cartoons (the early Power Rangers stuff, none of this Lightspeed Rescue or Zeo crap). I'm a child of the 80s and 90s, so a lot of this will take me back.
But for instance, I wouldn't want someone to decide to buy me a BopIt toy. I might play with one if it's handy, if I'm bored, but I don't have any real urge to collect them. Ditto all kinds of other things, like the old wrestlers and action figures I used to have.

All that having been said, I don't judge, either. If you want to relive a part of your childhood through a toy, I say go for it. It isn't necessarily for me, but that doesn't bear at all on you.

I voted "yes" in the poll because yes, I do think that for some people - self included - you can indeed grow too old or mature for a favourite childhood toy. But just because some people can doesn't mean it's a hard-and-fast rule.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2020-08-15 06:48:25

Hi

I'm 16, and I still play with my remote-controlled cars sometimes. There's this one that's really cool. Like it can flip over, and the durability is just Bad-ass!

Founder and Managing director of Vidyadrishti.
Check us out on twitter at https://twitter.com/vidya_drishti
Check us out on instagram at https://instagram.com/vd.vidyadrishti
Check my YouTube channel out at https://youtube.com/c/techwithphoenix

2020-08-15 07:43:43

I don't think this one in particular would be a big deal for me if I had actually gotten to enjoy it. One week with something like that is just not enough, especially for the prices those things sold for. Also, with dolls like that one, they fascinate me. I still like to watch their faces movie and things like that. Looking at it from a computer/gadget standpoint, it's still cool. Now if the thing in question was one of those popcorn popper things that 2-year-olds play with, I wouldn't bother.

2020-08-15 14:49:50

its so wierd,
kids want to be adults,
adults want to be kids,

2020-08-15 16:04:10

Because you don't know what you have til its gone.

And this topic isn't about wanting to be a kid again. Its about reliving old memories. Thats a little something called nostalgia  and thats not weird at all.

2020-08-15 16:48:37

If my kids knew the responsibilities I have as an adult they'd never want to be an adult again.  As such, I do try to give them a taste of their own medicine every once in awhile.  Alright, ya wana be an adult?  Clean this house from top to bottom; no playing aloud until it's done.  Do you think they still want to be kids then?
When they become tweens?  Alright, wana be an adult?  Make sure the house is cleaned, the grocery order properly placed for this week, and breakfast, lunch and dinner served in the morning before everyone else is up, at noon and at 6 in the evening, respectively.  Until those things are done, no going out with your friends allowed.  By the time they're 18, they'll be wishing they were kids again.  What people tend to forget is that you only spend 18 years as a child; you spend many more as an adult.  I grew up far too fast, so I'm still learning what it is to be a child, and sadly, I'm having to do a lot of that through my own children and some past reflecting on things I don't want them to go through.
I've already commited myself to helping them out with homework once they start getting it, because to me, homework is the most pointless pile of garbage a school can slap a child in the face with, particularly if they spend a fair amount of time at school already, then a fair amount getting to and from school on the bus.  If by the time they're home it's almost dinner time, that doesn't really give them much time to do anything else other than homework.  No, I won't help them cheat their way through it.  I'll make sure they're properly learning the material. Obviously if they're not then they really should be doing homework because that'll more than likely be the only way forward, but otherwise, it's just another way for the system to keep you locked in, and then they wonder why they have a load of troublesome teens.  Keep them working like they're adults during their childhood and, what do you expect?

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2020-08-16 00:45:34

TheEvilChocolateCookie wrote:

Well, you guys may or may not remember Amazing Allysen. She was one of those interactive dolls that you could have a conversation with. She came with a bunch of accessories that you could put in her hand and she could recognize them. My favorite thing was she actually learned things about you and remembered them. For example, she might ask you if you liked to sing, and she would remember what you told her. Like I said, mine crashed after a week and never worked again. I still don't know why.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't she that doll that comes with a cup, a harmonica and a biscuit as accessories?

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2020-08-16 01:45:00

She came with a smoothie cup, her cell phone, her magazine, and I think some things to put in her hair. I haven't seen her in over 10 years, so I don't remember everything.

2020-08-20 06:35:50

Well, the votes are in. Thank you guys for all your advice. Looks like my plastic friend will hopefully be showing up at the end of October.