2020-06-25 22:23:06

is this game multiplayer as well

2020-06-25 23:19:58

No.

2020-06-26 12:39:58

after playing for some time you can't open the app no matter what you do. You have to delete the app and download again (it makes you lose your progress).  Why?

2020-06-26 13:26:23

I've had this issue too, I deleted the app and haven't installed it again.

I'm gone for real :)

2020-06-26 13:55:17

Hello, dev here! I've been following this thread, thank you all for the feedback!

First, the issue that the app isn't launching is my highest priority right now. It seems like a rare bug, I haven't seen it happening yet, so I'm not sure what exactly is going on. There will be a new version in a few days, that improves stability and adds automatic savegame backups, as well as the option to manually import and export savegames. I hope the improvements will fix the issue, but should it happen again, there will at least be backups, until I can pinpoint the exact problem.

Other than that I think it's amazing how you're able to get so fast so far using voiceover. I haven't even considered accessibility until now, so after reading all the feedback, I've tried using voiceover myself, and can understand some of the problems you are having. (also pretty funny having some of the story being read back to me hehe) Fortunately it's not been hard to optimize the game a bit, since it's mostly text based, so the next version will also have improvements for voiceover. For example, the job rows are now properly split, resource numbers are much easier too hit, the tabs button are labeld better, and hovering over armies will give you a count of how many units are alive and injured. Not an expert on this topic yet, and haven't had time to label every image, but I hope this will help!

2020-06-26 14:06:17

Hi jan.cs and welcome to the forum. I've been playing on Android and quite enjoying it. Android has a screen reader called Talkback that is similar to Voiceover on iOS. Please make the same accessibility improvements to the android version as well.

2020-06-26 14:34:51

@jan.cs, I'll download the game once it's updated and try it again.

Maybe if you tap on a unit to make it, like a wolf, it could say something like, 5 minutes to train the next one? I waited around and could train them but wasn't aware how long each one would take.

I'm gone for real :)

2020-06-26 14:52:20

@55 Welcome! Thanks a ton for this. Also playing on android and would like to see accessibility fixes there as well. Otherwise, I'm quite enjoying the game.

@57, The time left to train a new unit, at least on android, is just a couple right swipes away after the train button. There is a counter that continues to go up, and when it reaches the appropriate number, it will vanish and you can train again. For example, the number might say something like 2/60, so when the second number reaches 60 you can train again. This is the same counter that exists for building things.

2020-06-26 15:25:13

yay Jan.cs! i'm so happy and thankful to see you here reading how much enjoyment everyone is having with the game and even better to know the accessibility fixes will come!

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2020-06-26 18:14:23

If you ask me, it's kinda sad talkback and voiceover don't use the same accessibility tags and structure making it harder on the devs sad

Every day is a good day!
When life gives you a lemon, make lemonade!
Opinions are like arseholes - everybody has one, and they all stink.

2020-06-26 19:07:17

Ok here is a general tip: If you notice your number of army units start to drop, and you are quick to retreat, like within the first few seconds, you will save yourself from taking any permanent losses which would otherwise take you time to rebuild. For this reason, I have taken to waiting on the world screens for major fights that I'm not so sure I can win. Also, this wasn't clear to me before, so I think it's worth mentioning that some of the later units take up more than one slot, but their attack and or health are more in one than that of 2 single units of the same types combined.

Performance wise, the game feels much less clunky than other mobile idle vanes I try to play, and I think that's part of the reason why I'm able to get into it so easily.

2020-06-26 22:50:59

kenshira, that's exactly what i'm doing as well, it's a pro tip indeed!
i've finaly killed the ogre kingdom with 220 army and finaly unlocked the knight, but i'll still need many resources to train them.
the game is consuming my free time!!
the next boss will have 300 units and i can't even imagine how harder it'll get.
it's so fun, especialy for an offline game

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2020-06-26 23:11:08

Wow I did it with 180 units. Just got impatient to wait around for enough resources to build another baraks. I am also not bothering to replace the wolves anymore, since everything else is just stronger, and I'm only keeping some of the warriors because they protect the archers. Over time though, I suspect I will have less of those as well as stronger units become available.

2020-06-26 23:32:14

hmm, i could have killed them with 180, problem is I didn't like to run everytime someone got injured, so decided to use brute force overkill as always, lol.
when I had 180 units and damaged a bit of the ogre kingdom I decided to attack someone else which would give a new settlement as a reward, so it was easy to build the other two barracks on the fourth settlement, and I'm going to discover the usefulness of gold soon.
as for units, i'm not using warriors and wolves for some time now. only marauders and arbalests, I got a good production of plated armor to help.
i'll probably have to start tracking metal to have a good income, because i want to start testing more factories to see their advantage. right now i only have two of them in three settlements

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2020-06-26 23:41:48

sorry for the double post, but i finaly found this bug some people were talking here: the game is simply stuck in the loading screen, it says 0 after loading and looks like theres an image...
i really hope i don't lose my save, but i won't unninstal, because i believe the next update might solve it.
otherwise i'll start again, i won't mind, because there will be better accessibility.
btw, this bug happened when in low power mode on an iphone 8

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2020-06-27 08:35:22

The update came through on the android side. Wow, things definitely read better now. The information is much more concise and appropriately spaced, with less need to swipe to obtain it all. There are still a few unlabeled images, but they definitely dont get in the way. Heck we can even read information that wasnt readable before, like how many are wounded and such. Thanks a ton for the update. smile

2020-06-27 12:28:44

that's awesome to hear kenshira!
i suspected that accessibility would be delivered across all platforms because the interface looked exactly the same both on ios and android.
now you made me curious and i'll have to download the game on my android phone and test it until apple approves the update

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2020-06-27 14:17:41

@jan.cs, thanks for the accessibility considerations, I'm doubly glad I bought the gold version of the game now.

I admit myself I haven't played as far in home quest as I normally would've done, mostly due to lots of things coming up at once, but I look forward to seeing more of the game with a friendlier interface that lets me get through battles with less hassle.

Once the  update comes through I'll see about adding home quest to our index of accessible games, and if it isn't already on the Ios access site applevis, I'll look at adding it there as well, so hopefully more people will know about and support the game.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-06-27 15:22:30

@Jan.cs great job on the accessibility improvements. A few suggestions:
1. Both Talkback and Voiceover have a way to indicate which tab is selected. I would recommend adding this to the tabs along the bottom, as well as the tabs in the town, workers and army tabs.
2. I would recommend making the worker buttons show as disabled when there is no worker to add or remove from a given type.
3. I recommend changing the label of the button labeled X that appears during building or training to Cancel.
4. This isn't necessarily an accessibility recommendation, but, when focusing on a building or army unit that you don't have enough resources for, it would be nice to have a timer for when that item will become available.

2020-06-27 15:48:55

The settlements tab now shows which one is currently active. The tabs on the bottom showing which one is selected doesnt bother me because I can tell what tab I'm on from the content on the screen. I'm curious if the units are being read from front to back.

2020-06-27 16:09:59

hi! so i've played the android update for 10 minutes and am really impressed with the improvements, it makes gameplay a lot faster even though i didn't have time to test the battles yet.
i bought the gold upgrade there as well as a double thank you for listening to us.
kenshira, probably it's being read front to back, since the tank units seem to always take the first positions  due to having more hp, so better protection.

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2020-06-27 19:44:41

double posting to suggest the addition of headings for the resources page, so you could instantly jump to a resource by using this feature of all screen readers. i don't know if it would be easy to add. it could be simple headings just like on a website.
the heading would be in the line of the resource's name.
it could also be used in the workers tab to jump to different sections like resources, production and common.

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2020-06-27 20:02:00

Still would really like to see the summary of resources gained and lost when you reopen the game be put into some kind of dismissable dialog or something. It goes away too quick for me to read it all.

As for general game mechanic suggestions, a way to convert or upgrade your units would be super handy, otherwise right now I have to kill off a group if I want to replace it with anything else, and that just makes me feel terrible.

2020-06-27 20:02:10

Still would really like to see the summary of resources gained and lost when you reopen the game be put into some kind of dismissable dialog or something. It goes away too quick for me to read it all.

As for general game mechanic suggestions, a way to convert or upgrade your units would be super handy, otherwise right now I have to kill off a group if I want to replace it with anything else, and that just makes me feel terrible.

2020-06-28 18:10:36

guys, the ios update is also live with the same improvements of android!!

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com