2020-06-24 18:50:17

I posted on the devs reddit thread, let's see what happens.

I'm gone for real :)

2020-06-24 18:58:09

Okay to find workers, at the moment the game reads all the names of workers for a different type, EG resources, production, and then gives you plus and minus buttons.
So if you swipe right from resources it'll tell you "farmers", then how many you have and max possible, then lumberjacks and the same information, then quarrymen and the same information, and when you get hunters they go on the end there.
After that are plus and minus buttons, so at the moment you need to count, Eg if you want to assign quarrymen to get stone for you, you need to go to the third plus along.
it's a miner pest but doable.

the one thing which is mildly irritating me at the moment is a total and completely utter lack of battle information. I get that the enemy units are displayed first and you can  through them to see what they are, but when you hit "start battle" there is no log or report or indicator of what happened, it  updates with the next phase information.
it also seems is even if you won, you need to hit "retreat" and then hit "send army"immediately after, and indeed the only way of knowing you won is that the phase number changes, where as if you lost and your  enough you might catch a "army retreated", if your lucky.

Is there any more way of getting battle information? or is this it, since I'd really like a bit more indication of what's going on, especially since sometimes my army seems to run away even if I outnumber the enemy and I'm not entirely sure why.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-06-24 19:25:55

hey dark.
later on when you have like 200 stages to defeate a trib you wouldn't even want to keep looking to the battle history. i don't think sighted players have much more advantage in this aspect, because the strategy is building an army strong enough to defeate the entire trib in one go.
if you are retreating you aren't waiting to get a balanced team for your current situation.
if you lose some people during battle you retreat automaticaly.
that's the idle aspect of the game.
i think i'll have to deal in the future with more than 1000 stages with big tribs, i can't even imagine how hard it'll get.
then you go a few hours later, check the world screen, get the reward and move on.
right now i'm exploring the settlement which will take 3 hours and scouting new territory to kill more and collect more souls

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2020-06-24 19:45:44

I'm having a weird problem on my Iphone 8 where I boot up the game and it freezes effecctively at the loading screen. I'm still early on in the game, just building my first units but I'm stuck somehow and now that I've left the game. I can't really get back.

2020-06-24 19:47:49

What seemed to be happening Drg, is I'd defeat the stage, then go on to the next one, then not see the "start battle" button, even though I think I had enough units to prevail.
But we'll see, I'll try attacking next time with a bloody huge army and see how that works, hopefully the elder shamans won't know what hit them big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-06-24 20:19:37

Yeah the unit numbering for the enemy doesnt make sence to me at the moment. It doesnt even decrease when you advance stages.

2020-06-24 20:25:18

the unit numbering refers to the maximum numbers of enemys in any stage of that particular fight.
it doesn't always decreases between stages, it's just a reference value

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2020-06-24 20:30:26

Overkill is the answer to all your problems Dark. Never forget it!

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-06-24 21:06:18

O so it's not the overall army. Thanks.

2020-06-24 21:29:41

Okay, I definitely think either I am not getting these battles, or the system is really weird about when it calculates that your army runaway.
I began fighting the elder shamans with an army of 34, comprising 18 warriors, 7 archers and 7 wolves.
When I got to wave 17, my army suddenly wimped out, despite still having 17 units left, including 12 warriors and 5 archers, and despite only fighting about 10 enemies.

i definitely think there is a weird thing in how attack order is calculated, since once again, all the wolves die first before the supposedly tanking warriors.

Again I'll just have to wait until I get more food to make a bigger army, but it'd be good to  kno how the battles went down, since I do believe sighted players can physically watch the battle in terms  which units die, and possibly even condition status indicated by something like text colour so they can bale out if units are close to death.

Next time I'll try more wolves.

2020-06-24 22:05:47

Here's what the dev told me on reddit.

Hi! Yeah I think that's amazing! I have looked at it in the Accessibility Inspector since, and will make sure the jobs and resource screen work better with voiceovers. Battles are a bit more tricky to read out, but I'll can add something like a "5 Alive, 3 Wounded" label, so it should give you a general idea of whats going on.

I've asked the dev to become a member of the forum so let's see how things go.

I'm gone for real :)

2020-06-24 22:13:22

Glad to hear that Brad,
I suspect this could end up turning into the next Evelyn's farm or a dark room, and goodness knows we need more complex strategy games with good story.

2020-06-24 23:01:03

Yup, I do think it's odd that everything else is dying before my warriors when their category is tank. Wonder if we can organize them into formation or something.

2020-06-24 23:43:28

I rarely double post but got a question. How do I get jade for my healers?

2020-06-25 00:34:33

i believe i got it when harvesting souls

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2020-06-25 00:38:08

Ok will try to do that.

2020-06-25 01:13:15

My suspicion is that the warriors are not actually protecting anything, per se. They're just providing themselves as targets, and since their HP is high they don't die so easily. So the wolves die because random enemies hit random targets, and wolves aren't so hard to kill. I could be wrong on this, of course, as I haven't played the game, but it sounds like warriors aren't actually protecting anything, aren't blocking attacks or whatnot.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2020-06-25 02:22:16

I have enough resources to build a second monument, but I can't. Any idea why?

2020-06-25 06:26:49

@KenshiraTheTrinity, I'm not sure, I just built a second one myself this morning since I had a bunch of bricks and boards going spare.

Againn, this seems the most wwimpy army ever! I attack with 40 troops, and they wimp out after only 12 waves with just 20 of them left, despite the fact that they outnumber the enemy, which again I suspect is because all the wolves got killed.
I definitely think there is something odd going on here in terms of army composition.

2020-06-25 13:35:57

Got 2 of them now.

I kinda wish we could change some of the units, even at a cost would be nice. I think I have more warriors than I need right now, like 17. On the plus side, I have 3 healers now and my group has enough strength to sustain itself against the regular underlings at least. I'm just waiting for enough resources to build a new Baraks, then I'll up the attack and heal capability of the army to go after the next group.

What I started doing is watch the army number while idling on the army tab, and start training wolves to replace the ones that fall. If the numbers start to quickly drop, I jump over to the world tab and call them back. I'm thinking maybe it isnt such a bad idea to have so many warriors, since they take longer to kill. Just wonder what the right balance is to make things go quicker without taking casualties.

2020-06-25 14:35:34

Is this game online?

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2020-06-25 15:05:53

No It's completely offline.

2020-06-25 15:33:08 (edited by drg 2020-06-25 15:40:16)

guys, i'll give some spoilers below, so be warned.
i already have two civilizations, already discovered upgrades to items and buildings, the resource management will get insane from now on i believe.
the game is getting much more complex, with new settlements you also get new materials. for example, to get glass i'll discover sand soon in the third settlement.
if you guys are having difficulty with those enemies, be prepared, i'm repeating myself because it's fun, frustrating and rewarding at the same time, but keep trying.
kenshira, your strategy sounds good, and eventualy when your warriors die you can replace them with more offensive units until you get the marauder which has 150 hp

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2020-06-25 17:39:22

Spoiler:

I unlocked the plantation, but now I need glass. Where do I get that?

End spoiler.

It looks like they do actually arrange themselves accordingly, since swiping left unit by unit, I notice that the healers are on the way back, then the archers, then the warriors, then the wolves.

2020-06-25 18:04:59

spoiler:
i got the glassmaker when defeating someone, then you can find sand in the third settlement, it helps immensely because you can assign farmers in the first settlement to gather wood, or other useful resources.
plus

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com