2020-05-10 20:55:06

Paul, I think their might be a bug in the door transition programming.
I created a test map and set a building down that had a height of 2 just like the map.
I then went into the building to the bottom right and selected the door transition, but it keeps asking me for a map name and won't let me proceed without one.
When I add the map name and take the transition, it restarts the
music as if I'm entering a new map.
I just heard a demo from gamulation who had a map transition that didn't change music, so I'm probably doing something wrong?
If I am, I'm still learning this, and I will learn it, just maybe not quite as fast as some other people...
Later!

Thumbs up

2020-05-10 20:55:17

If they do. I will be in the skys.

My discord: the_real_amethyst
Join my accessible Pokémon discord server

2020-05-10 21:07:19

hi
i dont stand

what I'm doing wrong I want to build a building but when I press shift and arrow down then right then up and then left. and then release this shift
i got error

Thumbs up

2020-05-10 21:12:20

The building must have a lenth of 5 and a with of 5 minimum.
Gamulation, I figured out how to make that transition work.
Now I just need to take building size into account when building my maps.
Here's hoping I can build what I want within the map size restrictions...
Later!

Thumbs up

2020-05-10 21:20:54 (edited by jack 2020-05-10 21:21:07)

@pates: I think cluttering the thread with class-type requests is rather unproductive if I can say so myself. Also, within the final product I am sure there will be more variability that you can use to add things like evolutions and pokeballs and the like.
Cool your jets, and remember that they did say that the main focus here in this alpha build is hunting bugs.

Thumbs up

2020-05-10 21:28:04

Since my internet is so slow it will take a fiew hours to complete the download, but I'm still downloading it now, come to test it.

73 Wj3u

Thumbs up

2020-05-10 21:31:37

Hello I did try running the program as an admin but still no luck. It says failed to create new directories.

Thumbs up

2020-05-10 21:42:43 (edited by amerikranian 2020-05-10 21:43:28)

Am I the only weird one in here?
I sat down with the engine and truly tried to use it before promptly quitting. Everything just feels incredibly odd. The keys are all over the place with no seeming logic to their placement, the map building is incredibly slow, and overall I just feel waded down by the product.
I can try to write more detailed feedback about this, I just... don't know. There exists something odd about this that I can't place my finger on. It's like this is simplified too much and I'm being talked down to.

Thumbs up

2020-05-10 21:47:47

Hi.
I found out how to add Pokemon ass enimis. This will be fun!

My discord: the_real_amethyst
Join my accessible Pokémon discord server

2020-05-10 21:50:10

please listen to
about my error
https://wetransfer.com/downloads/457464 … 457/75e8f9

Thumbs up

2020-05-10 21:58:35

@amerikranian: yeah, kind of feel that too, but not too much though since this is an alpha afterall hopefully they could  change things a little in the full version.
then again I am greatful that I can give this a try, I have no codeing knowledge so something like this where I can pour my  ideas is like a dream for me.
Great job so far though smile

Thumbs up

2020-05-10 22:02:42

I couldn't find the documentation in the folder at all, am I missing something

Blindness isn't a disability, but a diffrent way of seeing things

Thumbs up

2020-05-10 22:09:30

I agree jack, but i don't know where I can put my ideas.

jack wrote:

@pates: I think cluttering the thread with class-type requests is rather unproductive if I can say so myself. Also, within the final product I am sure there will be more variability that you can use to add things like evolutions and pokeballs and the like.
Cool your jets, and remember that they did say that the main focus here in this alpha build is hunting bugs.

ice, fire, water, thunder.

Thumbs up

2020-05-10 22:11:01

@87
download from this link
https://ebonskystudios.com/sable-alpha-download/
then you find documentation

Thumbs up

2020-05-10 22:12:27

How to create a building? I have an error by clicking shift

ice, fire, water, thunder.

Thumbs up

2020-05-10 22:22:13

I've been listening to the YouTube videos today, and am in the process of downloading the Alpha now.  I have a couple of questions about whether a couple of things will be possible in the alpha or full game. 

If I wanted to create a very large indoor environment, like the first area of the game would take place in a kingdom's castle and castle grounds, would it be better to create large buildings in an area, or just large indoor areas with stone walls?  The way I'm understanding things as of now, is that adding buildings only add square or rectangular locations.  Can the interiors of buildings be customized, so I could let's say, create an Inn and have an open common area with the inkeeper, but have a hallway and X number of individual rooms up and downstairs? 

My other question is more for the full game.  Is it possible to have an event trigger that would take effect after a key point in a game's story that would effect the entire world from that point on?  For instance, early in my created game, I had general enemies like bandits, wolves, bears, etc.  Then something happens that curses the land.  In addition to, or in place of these original enemies, can the world reflect this, and now I'm fighting more powerful cursed versions of these enemies?  This could apply to the entire world, or specific user definable regions.  I hope that made sense. 

I've actually just started trying to come up with a story, so that when the full game does release, I have the stories for the main and side quests, locations, characters, enemies, etc., and can start building the game.  I'm just not sure if a few of my ideas will work within the engine. 

On a similar note, will there be a day night cycle, where different enemies can come out or change their stats based on time of day?  I'm thinking of my cursed example above, where fighting at night becomes more dangerous. 

Thanks, and I'm really looking forward to trying the alpha.

2020-05-10 22:46:21

Hi I'm liking it so far I need to redo the music and add some more music and to decide what sounds I'm going to add to start my project

Thumbs up

2020-05-10 22:52:27

helo 91
i'm not a dev, but as far as i experemented with the engine, aside from the day and ight cycle stuff, you can do all of your ideas with the curront version of engine
just create an other map and replace the game world with that

2020-05-10 23:06:42

in the extremely unlikely event I'm going to attempt to create an RPG based on the Forum I talked about it before but I'm going to do it now. I doubt I'll be able to use this in the time frame because my computer chose the worst time to go bonkers one more. Congrats guys keep up the hard work

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

Thumbs up

2020-05-10 23:08:51

Will we be able to publish our Creations in the meanwhile?

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

Thumbs up

2020-05-10 23:28:41

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the late replies,  with  this being day one of the public release, I think its fair to say its been a bit of a hectic day for me. I’ll try and answer the questions which have come in, since there’s a lot, I’ll try to keep my answers  as short  as possible (which for anyone  who’s been following the ‘creating a code free RPG using Sable’ topic on the forum over the past year, will know I’m not good at short answers hahaha). Actually that’s a good point, if anyone wants to check out Sable videos I’ve created myself check out the topic below , they are all listed in post one  on  the below topic:
https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/2687 … y-studios/
for anyone interested, my favourite video  is the last one listed in   post one called ‘Sable extra features demo part 2 - the play through’. Right, on to question answering:
-@pates, thanks for all the suggestions, at the moment the focus on the alpha build is around identifying bugs/issues and ensuring all of Sables functionality is all working correctly, rather than looking for tons of new features. , obviously though if anyone has good ideas we will listen to them, but can’t promise what will make it into Sable.
@ Jack, thanks for the continued support and comments. As for your screen reader bug, I’ve had a couple of people mention this, screen reader support is still a experimental at this stage, so it’s something I need to look into , so I can work out what’s causing the problem and maybe look at adjusting my calibration functions. Thanks for the spot, its added to my list. Also saw your second post about this too, so thanks for that extra feedback. BGT does have some issues with Sappie speech lag, I’ve actually got an idea to fix that. If you use input boxes in sable, these are something I coded in myself, that’s why the input window is built into sable, rather than using the standard windows GUI input boxes which have their own external window. In hear I got round the Sappie speech lag issue, so I’m at some point going to try implementing that into the rest of my code to speed up speech responsiveness, although until I try it, I can’t promise anything there, but I’m hopeful since I got it working so well in my input boxes
@ three blindnoises, sorry for the delay in answering your questions: with ambience, although when first setting a building or map pressing escape will set no ambience/music. Once in the actual map not selecting anything  leaves it as what it currently is. You could definitely add just a blank sound file in there for a fix for now. Maybe  for full release an option for no sound or something at the bottom of the options? What are your thoughts on that? Also saw your second question about doors to buildings, but saw someone beat me to the answer with deactivating walls. Just seen your third question, good suggestion about changing map names, that could come in handy. Ok, now seen your forth question, you’ve been busy hahaha. It might be easier to answer your building/music question off list, frop me an email at [email protected] and we’ll get this sorted.
@ Greg steel, again, sorry for the late reply. panning sounds are in the sounds directory, in the folder called map sounds.
@ Gameulation , at present you can’t delete a map and you can’t resize a map once its already been created. The map resizing thing is a good idea, and something suggested by the private testing team. These are just the kinds of areas  which need  expansion, but aren’t there yet as its only in Alpha
@VazBol, , to answer your questions:
-   
-Is it possible to set alternative vital statistic values to perform certain functions? can I implement a resource system for my characters  - sadly neither of these are possible but they are interesting suggestions
-     Although speed isn’t a stat in Sable, you can affect initiative  which can affect battle order, in a similar way to speed
-    Omar, thanks for your bugs,  I’ll reply to your direct email and we’ll get this sorted.
-    @ Matthew, I think you have written me off list regarding this and I am looking into it. If you are a different Matthew  , drop me an email to [email protected] I’ll look into it
-    @Mojsior, , sadly one of the restrictions of this alpha build is you can’t share your games with other people. You can make videos though and share your videos, just please mention Ebon Sky Studios and Sable, also point out that this is just an alpha build
-    @scarlet, great to hear you are enjoying Sable. for the purpose of debug mode it will continue to show all classes, ust in case you have your game set up to maybe gather new players mid game, you would still want a way of testing these, which is why all classes show whilst in debug mode. when you go to play game mode, if you  have selected only one party member, that’s all that will be there in play game  mode.
-    @ an idiot , how to access the other game mode are: Play game mode can be accessed from the main title screen, you need to have set a starting map and starting player location in creator mode first (creator mode is the mode you are in when you first create a new project or load an existing project). Whilst in creator mode, if you bring up the edit menu (alt and E, select project options  and the bottom option is enter debug mode, this replicates play game mode, but with some additional features,  in here you can battle, talk to NPC’s etc. all changes in debug mode are temporary , when you want to head back to creator mode, simply head back to project options and select exit debug mode
-    @ Naruto, sorry there was an issue where the  first download link didn’t include the Documentation, if you redownload it, the documentation is now included. If you only want documentation rather than downloading the whole thing, just drop me an email at [email protected] and I’ll send you over the documentation.
-    @toto, listening to your recording you are sizing the building as 0 in both width and length. I think where the confusion might be is how the sizing works., I think you are assuming you start at the central point of the building, but in fact you start at the corner of the building. So moving out to the left stretches out the left side moving upwards stretches your building northward. However if you then press right or down you are shrinking your building  back down. If you listen to the prompt each time you press a direction whilst placing the building it will say its current length and width, and you need it to be at least 5 in length and width.
-    @pates, regarding your building issue, once you have set all the building information , you need to first press enter where you want the corner of the building to be, then follow the instructions, hold shift down, then move the left, right, up and down arrow keys to stretch your building out until it is the right shape and size, then release shift and follow the instructions to place the door
-    @BGFH, with your building question you could do it either way. I’d probably personally  just use an indoor map. If you want different music  to play for different rooms you could set event triggers on doors to change the music. You can change encounter rates as an event trigger, and you could have it so certain event triggers opened up new areas with tougher monsters, but you couldn’t currently actually change enemies on an old map. Day and night cycles aren’t possible either. I can’t say what will and won’t make it into future versions, as I don’t want to over promise, so will only discuss what is currently in sable, but do remember this is just an alpha and we have lots of exciting ideas.

Finally, just want to say a huge thanks for all the positive comments  I’ve seen come in from everyone, its really great to see so many people enjoying Sable. Oh, and sorry for the long message, hopefully I answered everyone’s questions Though,

Paul Lemm
Ebon Sky Studios
email: [email protected]
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/ebonskystudios/
Twitter: @ebonskystudios

Thumbs up +1

2020-05-10 23:34:58

Hi Jaiden of the Caribbean, sorry I’d just sent my last post before I’d seen yours had come in. pleased to hear you are going to give Sable a go. In answer to your question. You are unable to share your projects with anyone else, they are tied to your build of Sable and your PC., you can however use play game mode in Sable to play through your own created games as a player would experience them. You are also welcome to make videos of your game and share those videos,  we just ask you mention Ebon Sky Studios and Sable and point out in the video that its just an Alpha build of Sable.

Paul Lemm
Paul Lemm
Ebon Sky Studios
email: [email protected]
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/ebonskystudios/
Twitter: @ebonskystudios

Thumbs up

2020-05-11 00:13:34

Just a quick reminder here. Remember what Paul said, "If you running into any bugs." Please send them an email.

Hearthstone Tag ID: RobotWizard#1265216

Thumbs up

2020-05-11 00:21:51

Hi. I just downloaded Sable this morning and I love it so far. The only thing I'm confused about is the brush size. I was reading the documentation about it but it still doesn't really make sense to me, I kind of thought that it meant if you drew one tile to the right for example, it would also draw on the tiles above and below it. But when I was trying it and I looked at what I had drawn, it looked like a lot more tiles. Not sure if that made sense. Also if you accidentally put terrain on too many tiles, is there a way to delete it?

Thumbs up

2020-05-11 01:38:01

So, uh, silly question... But when I downloaded the copy of the software from the link in post 1, it came with several folders and documentation. But I don't see an .exe file to start sabel up? What am I missing here.

Thumbs up