2020-05-11 01:42:04

How to place random enemy encounters?

ice, fire, water, thunder.

Thumbs up

2020-05-11 02:01:13

Thank you so much for answering my question. I was also wondering if it's possible for my character to gradually heal their hp after a battle, or when they wear an item which grants them more hp. Currently my character ends up stuck at 15/85 unless I create something like a healing potion.

Thumbs up

2020-05-11 02:03:48

@Pates wouldn't the enemy groups work for that? Because you can randomise them and associate them with something like water. I saw it in the user guide anyway.

Thumbs up

2020-05-11 02:40:24

100 probably win defender deleted the appp, you gotta exlude it from the defender foldr
102 you can craft armor that modify the player hp
101 use enemy bands
now for my questions
is it possible to set the your char's stats i the beginning, hp, mana, etc, the only way that i discovered is to giving them a passive skill or a armor
and that is, not the thing that i want to do, a mage coms with 15 hp for example, i wanna raise  it
and, how does this encounter thing works, s it a persentage, or somethig else
thanks

2020-05-11 02:56:38

This, is unbelievable! This, is amazing! I don't know what to say! I really see the potential of this thing. I actually had my own fun with it already, but i messed it up just to learn things, I will start from scratch tomorrow.
But, I have a question of course.
How do I design my first party member? Literally myself? Because who am I in the game mode and how on earth do I refer to myself as me or you, if I am not even created in terms of name, gender and stuff? Thanks

I choose to be happy

Thumbs up

2020-05-11 02:57:33 (edited by threeblacknoises 2020-05-11 03:15:02)

Hay paul, I got the music thing sorted, just needed to add in the step where I tell Sable what map I'm going to.
If I use the same map, everything works fine.
I did however find a miner bug.
When setting the starting map in project options directly after  creating your project, a bug occurs if you're in your starting map when you do this.
I think the project options menu is trying to update to include the option to set a starting point, but it instead just creates an endlessly looping menu without said option.
Once you back out of the project options and reenter it; or press home or end, everything works fine.
One final question, within the battle sounds folder, their are files for victory music and victory.
What is the difference?
Also when the final build of Sable is released, options for defining battle music, battle transitions, victory songs and the like; and especially battle music volume, should be added.
Good night! or morning! whenever this message finds you...

Thumbs up

2020-05-11 03:20:30

A couple questions. I can’t get any enemies to attack me on my map. what could be the cause for this. I’ve made enemy bands and all that. Also, how do you change the battle music?

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.

Thumbs up

2020-05-11 05:32:51

Hi I am going to make a project called animal rescue where you have to rescue animals that are trapped in different locations.  Can I make the same animal sounds as objects and the same ones as panning sounds?  I'm still getting my sounds and music ready to start creating a map.

Thumbs up

2020-05-11 06:05:04

Hi there,
I'm having some difficulty. I tried to make some pannable sounds as a transition point between maps, meaning you would hear this and know where the map transition is. I accidentally made a few of them that overlap and sound horrible, but cannot figure out how to remove them. Does anyone have the answer to this?
Thanks!

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2020-05-11 06:34:54

May have to give this one a try. I've been working on a fantasy novel for the past six or seven years and I thought it might be cool to convert it to an RPG. This might be a good way to do that, particularly once the full version comes out. The main character would start out on Earth and at some point in the plot be transported to another world where the majority of his quest would take place. Hopefully vehicles and things could be added, since a lot of RPG's tend to give the player access to ships and things.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

Thumbs up

2020-05-11 07:11:10

@109, go over to the panning sound and press delete on it, if you forgot where they are, press alt e, go in project options and move to it.

2020-05-11 07:28:55

Thank you. I have a second set of questions.
One: Why is it that by transitions, there are two random tiles that change back to the main terrain? For example in my main city, the travelpoint to the cave is on the far east of a dirt road, but two of the squares nearest to it randomly change back to stone that were formerly dirt?
Two: How do you change walls of a building? Do you have to go and manually set them tile by tile with the wall collision creator?
Three: I'm trying to test out one particular character in debug mode, and set my party to one at start, with the warrior class selected. Why, then, does it put all four party members into the battle?
Thanks much.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2020-05-11 07:34:52

I have no idea as to the answer to your first question, however my  thoughts to your second are that it is not yet implemented for debug mode to alter the party accordingly. However, I haveo ne solution for you, which is put an item in the inventory which instantly kills the party member, and then have that removed on release.

2020-05-11 07:54:36

I personally want to see the final product and have the power to create my own custom game. I'd happily pay for the final product if the client allows for me to do that in the final version.
I'd happily once fully created that were a thing. i'd release that game to the public too.

Thumbs up

2020-05-11 08:26:07

Man!! I like this program already! I have so many ideas. I'm having fun just creating different maps. I would buy this when the final product release!!

Hearthstone Tag ID: RobotWizard#1265216

Thumbs up

2020-05-11 08:34:31

I will also by Sable when it comes out.

My discord: the_real_amethyst
Join my accessible Pokémon discord server

2020-05-11 08:37:48

count me in on the buying list for sure!

2020-05-11 08:48:04

I will too

Thumbs up

2020-05-11 08:57:35

Is there a way to create fences or walls? That would help me a lot.

2020-05-11 09:04:29

@gamulation, Pressing 2 will present the collisions menu. This tool is used to place unnavigable terrain, e.g. walls or even furniture.

Thumbs up +1

2020-05-11 09:07:48

Thanks. That sounds amazing!

2020-05-11 09:28:41

Hi there. I'm loving this product so far. But, some questions though.
To encounter an enemy, is it always necessary to make a band, not sure about the spelling. Yeah, band of enemies? Can't you encounter them one by one? And, why is it that when encountering a band of enemies, the battle music is so loud? Can't we change that? If not, can we turn it down? Thanks for the advance reply, keep up the good work guys, you're doing great! big_smile

Hurt me with the truth, but never comfort me with lies

Thumbs up

2020-05-11 09:32:06

And another thing I forgot to mention. When I didn't made a band of enemies yet, the sound when you encounter an enemy is still playing, but no battle follows. Is this a  bug, or I am just being my stupid self. big_smile

Hurt me with the truth, but never comfort me with lies

Thumbs up

2020-05-11 09:35:34

That happend to me as well. I fixed that by creating an band.

2020-05-11 09:47:49

hi all.
I am having some problems.
I have created a game, set the starting map and all that, but when i click play game and load the game, it just says unable to open map or something like that, and I get a bgt runtime error. is there any way to fix this?

me and a friend of mine have made a youtube channel where we upload beats that we make. If you want to check it out, you can find it at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD0CxF … PFlCqjOtOA

Thumbs up