2020-03-22 09:38:41 (edited by aryamansingh 2020-03-22 11:28:14)

in India 341 cases and 28 recoveries I am really glad to share this news with you all. I wish that the world recovers from this pandemic as soon as possible

want peace to be there everywhere around the world also I want an immediate sollution to be given for this war so that the bloodshed could be ended. live peacefully, let others also live peacefully

2020-03-22 11:43:13

Yup I do not think we are all screwed. As stupid as they are, humans are resilient creatures, they will find a way to go on. Even if we are screwed, I am not afraid of dying, because as a God-fearing christian, I know where I am going. I would probably be more afraid if I didnt know what was in store for me beyond the jaws of death, or angry if I had to repeat the endless cycle of life again for better or worse. So no, I'm keeping a clear head, because panicking and thinking such thoughts of dire doom and gloom is just too depressing.

In such a time as this, it's important for us to come together. And to that end, I have put my names in the annals of the thread where people put their names in general game discussion thread, in case anyone is feeling particularly lonely and depressed and wants to chat.

2020-03-22 12:08:06 (edited by Hrvoje 2020-03-22 12:12:05)

Here in Croatia, currently 235 people are affected by COVID 19. Today, there were 29 new cases, and 78 yesterday. Additionally, there was an earthquake here in Zagreb this morning, that happened thrice in the time between 6 o'clock and 7 o'clock. The earthquake destroyed the tower of the church and the tiles on individual buildings, it cracked wires of trams, also in some parts of the city roofs and walls of houses were destroyed, one child was seriously injured and fighting for her life as a piece of the roof fell on her. The women with born little babies are standing out infront of the hospital in slumber, people are running out massively, and were told to go outside and to keep a distance of one meter to prevent further virus spreading. Thanks god that all of my family is ok. Here as well, everything is closed including shops, all the public transports are closed, the police tracks people who get out of there homes, and only one person at a time may go out, not two or more. Kindergardens and schools are closed as well.

2020-03-22 12:14:45

Wow yeah, glad you all are safe. I heard of earthquakes raddling at least one other place in the states in the last couple weeks.

2020-03-22 13:53:14

South Africa has 240 cases so far, no deaths though.

2020-03-22 16:56:59

today at 5 pm all of us expressed our gratitude to the medical staff treating korona virus patients in India

want peace to be there everywhere around the world also I want an immediate sollution to be given for this war so that the bloodshed could be ended. live peacefully, let others also live peacefully

2020-03-22 17:51:56

If we want to see change, we should start it ourselves.. Be kind to people you would find yourself being a jerk to, even if it is just on line. Do even something small for somebody else. Implement change.

2020-03-22 18:13:08

@Turtlepower, I want to take a closer look at your last post. I considered just private messaging you, but the odds are decent that you'd never see it, and I'm not a fan of "so-and-so, check your PM".

Anyway, here's what I want to say.
I'm an agnostic or an atheist, depending on the day and how philosophical I feel. I don't fear sin or whatever, but I don't want to die either. In that, I promise you that you aren't alone. The thought of just...ending, well, it's scary as hell, or can be, at any rate. There are things we can do to increase our likelihood of staying alive, and I figure I'll try and do that as best I can. If you do the same, then you're pretty well off.

I want to reassure you that from virtually everything I've read, this isn't a doomsday scenario. We're not all going to die. You are reasonably young and healthy, correct? This means that even if you do get sick, you have a very good chance of coming through this. If you have unfinished business as of right now, there's a very good chance you'll get to resolve it, or, if nothing else, you'll have more time to cope with the things you can't fix.

And this next bit goes out to all of you. It's very easy - as given testament to in Turtlepower's post - to start thinking in life-ending terms. And yes, that's possible. But there's another side to this. When something comes along and makes you feel powerless, that powerlessness tends to spread, tends to cross barriers and contaminate virtually everything. So if at first you're simply worried about what may happen to you and yours, suddenly you're looking at every bad choice you ever made and staring mortality in the face at the same time.

Don't do this. Please, please don't do this.

Your choices are, in and of themselves, no different than they've ever been. Maybe you hurt someone. Maybe you lied. Maybe you abused someone. Maybe you abused yourself, neglected yourself, harmed yourself. It doesn't matter. You have whatever time you've got here, whether that's measured in weeks or decades. The fact that it might be measured in weeks is only occurring to you more now because of this virus that's gotten loose. But we are always virtually the same distance away from death. That's what I'm getting at. If you want to do better, then just try and do it. Fix the things you can, and do your best to make peace with the things you can't. If you've been letting things go, rather than feel paralyzed and broken and helpless, turn it into a learning experience. "Okay, now I'm legitimately scared. I don't want to die this way." Great. So that person you hurt? That lie you told? That bad decision you can still maybe, possibly do something to unmake? Give each a look and ask yourself what, if anything, you can do about any of them. And maybe the answer is nothing. Maybe it really is best to leave it alone; what's done is done. I guess what I'm trying to get at here is that your current fear and sense of helplessness is magnifying all of your mistakes to the point that they're getting way out of shape (believe me, I've had a little of this, too, albeit not so much, thankfully). If you think it's wise, take some of your bad decisions and put them back into context.

And as for shame, I don't feel that it's helpful. If you haven't been self-isolating too much till now, maybe this is a good time to start. We're all still here, right? That means it's not too late.

Once more for the folks in the back.

It's not. Too. Late.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2020-03-22 19:40:05

@Jayde, fully agree with you, very well said indeed.

2020-03-22 21:31:21

Yup well said. smile

I'm reaching out to all of my personal friends and family across the state that I can reach. That is a part of how I'm coping. My other half is worried about me as well, and a million miles away on the other side of the world, so I have to be strong for both of us, and keep my reassurance cannon loaded.

And of course, my invitation for new companions stands. We're all in this together, no matter if you bleed green or have pointy ears.

2020-03-22 21:34:06

I went through a rough patch when I first joined the forum, but I've changed a lot in my life.. I'm a better person for it, and invite you guys to get to know me better. If not, thats cool too..

2020-03-22 23:41:38

So, I'll shoot straight and short.  My name is Andrew; I can be reached by PM's or email at [email protected].  You can find me on skype by searching for live:.cid.e66a231b8e11073c or alternatively by using the email address [email protected].  I know I don't have much else where social networking is concerned, but if you do feel the need to talk to me or if you feel I can help at all during these tough times I urge you to work with me and I'll meet you where you feel most comfortable.  I know that even a hi can changee your outlook for the day and as such, I welcome you to as much and more if you just need to hang out and relax.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2020-03-22 23:44:44 (edited by Ethin 2020-03-22 23:45:02)

@287, lol is that email address really yours?

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2020-03-23 01:34:23

Yes, that email address is really mine.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2020-03-23 04:07:26

Well, right now it may be the end of the world.
My country new zealand has just moved from stage2 to stage3 and expects to hit a full service lockdown by wednesday.
We have 102 cases and are determined to stay ahead of it.
Restrictions will be for a month, but it could be up to 3 of those or 6 or who knows a couple years.
Looks like we are all in this war now.
No cafes for me, but we can walk with family, and everyone must work from home.

2020-03-23 04:46:31

Welcome to the club! Y'all stay safe now.

2020-03-23 12:23:52

Lockdowns here, lockdowns there, lockdowns everywhere, as India tries to fight the stage three.

But WHO says that lockdowns are bad way to fight this virus, since it could resurge once more.

2020-03-23 16:17:56

Dallice Texas is going into lockdown this week also.

2020-03-23 18:24:23

I was relieved today in the morning when I heard that 14000 people around the world were declared dead but 98000 people were discharged I was relieved by the recoveries that had happened all around the world

2020-03-23 19:11:09

If TX is on lockdown, than we aren't far behind..

2020-03-23 19:13:08

Currently in the UK vulnerable people have been told to stay inside for twelve weeks, this includes Mrs. dark (thanks to her cancer), both my brother and his fiance due to their asmer and certainly my dad who is 72.

Whether we'll end up doing the hole twelve weeks I don't know, since numbers of cases in the UK are still rising, but judging by countries further along than the UK such as China and Italy, matters will hopefully tale off after a shorter time.

Still, none of this changes what I said earlier about just keeping calm and being careful.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-03-23 19:53:38

The entire state of New York is on lockdown. It started last night.
I'm not in the state, but I've heard a lot about it from a couple people I talk to, and I saw a small part of an interview with their governor

2020-03-23 21:53:49

To be honest, thats one of my main fears to.
I just hope this is actually worth it.
I will for now accept the current situation, but I know a few things or facts.
Firstly, yeah, no one is saying that it won't come back.
While I think most of this country will accept a lockdown now, I doubt we will accept another if we power back up, and have to shut down again.
I certainly will not.
We get it right now as they are saying or we die.
Fine, but we do all that and either more die than expected or they suddenly say we screwed up and have to lock down again, then well I have a life.
If the government are being hard on us then I will be hard back.
Next, even with all those so called echonomic packages, there are several scenarios that seems not to have been conciddered.
Everyone hopes things will tail off and then we will have a new normal.
No one actually realises that the new normal will probably be a perminant lockdown of sorts.
Without tourism and travel, everyone will be stuck in their own country of origin.
With all the public transport stopped and lets face it who knows if that ever will start everyone will be stuck at home.
With the banning of all plastic bags and now guns due to the terror attacks in christchurch, defence for ourselves is surely down a lot.
Having listened and watched many apocolipse movies and played the games, this is what ahppens in all of them.
While the zombies may not be coming, and maybe not the bombs, in everything there is a limit.
I know that the world can't stay frozen for to long.
Europe and the us are big places so its going to take a long time for them to die back to a managable space due to land mass as is australia.
Borders will continue to remain closed for ages which as I said before means no holidays at all.
I do see an aunt I have so I can walk in an isolated bit of bush I know of and maybe I can go to the shops with my mum and walk with my parents.
I have a home gym and enough stuff to do.
I just hope everyone gets it right.
Also as I said before there is an limit about how the world can stay frozen like this.
No one has really mentioned this on radio till basically a day before shutdown.
It also seems that searching for a vaxine seems to be on hold till lockdown exit.
So that potentially means that we could just stay in lockdown.
One assumes the government aint sitting on its ass and smoking weed but we have no idea of knowing.
The official line is that we will survive lockdown and get through this then we will recover and things will be at a new normal.
Not many appreciate this but a new normal will involve, less businesses, low or no echonomy, low to none education, no jobs, a shut down government probably, in some places no rights.
Our world is quite fragile as it is.
And someone will be nuking someone else.
We havn't had a year yet and allready we are at the apocoliptic levels that are a backdrop to most apocolipse movies, dramas and games.
We probably won't see the bombs and zombies for another 2 months or so.
These movies and such have been in the back of my mind and I've always wandered what it would be like to go to the next world, or to survive.
But there is no glory in any of this.
This may be a war of sorts but in this case it is doubtfull that many of us will see some action unless we are hit by a stray shell that is.
Like most I'd like to help in this war, but all I can do is subscribe to the update broadcasts like many civilians did during the last war and hope essentials like food, power, etc don't shut down.
We will aparently have enough to live on though my old man has stocked several stews and tinned things for when it gets really bad.
I guess a difference to this war to the others is that we will have supplies and food at all times that we can buy, the echonomy is being supported as much as  humanly possible at least in new zealand and we do have our cars,  our communications and water and power.
Oh and we don't have air raids, yet.
I just hope it works.
This is after all an election year,  as it is in the us.

2020-03-23 22:51:00

Um vaccine research and trials are ongoing as far as I can tell. And people are already being stupid. All the people that packed the beach in Florida tested positive from what I hear. And last weekend parks and beaches in California were packed with people in open defiance of the government shelter in place order. How much you wanna bet many of them will have it also? See people, this kinda attitude is why we can't have good things, because people don't want to cooperate, so now recreational locations are being closed off to discourage gathering in them because people dont take proper precautions to help minimize the spread.

2020-03-23 23:10:18

Hi.

Yeah, vaccine testing is actually ongoing, last week a woman from the US received the first experimental corona vaccine shot, we'll just have to see what happens.

I don't think that this will be the end of the world, but it will hopefully turn some things around and open the eyes of those in charge.

you also gotta see the good things in it, the earth is recovering because almost all aircraft are on the ground and powerplants are not running at full capacity and what not.

Greetings moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.