2019-11-03 19:16:46

I think I just bulled through the second stadium with friggle of all things. So far I have friggle and colovaird and gowater. The rest seem like dead weight and I'm not quite sure what to replace them with yet. Also holding onto training points until I can be fairly sure which attack stat they're going to be making the most use of. Is it still a viable strategy to jack up their main attack stat to max and then bring speed up for the rest of the way after that? I figure something that's fast and already beats out everything it's going to fight isn't going to get to go any more first by being any faster.

2019-11-03 19:30:55 (edited by Vazbol 2019-11-03 19:34:29)

** SPOILERS  **

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

So, that fight with the hyperform spider was much easier than the possessed master fight. There's a trick to never triggering it's instant death counter attack. The color of the web it spins indicates if a physical attack or a special attack will trigger the counter hit. White will punish special attacks, while red punishes physical. Also, the torch dude using sunlight song with diabolic fire may of chunked nearly half of it's hp in one hit.

And darn, so Normalian doesn't keep up in the latter game? That's disappointing. I actually should look into getting a geminar up to Geminai for that trade early in the game. I want to see what that guy has. 

bombasct finally got an undead move to go with it's moveset. It's been unusually tanky, surviving critical hit super effective moves while wearing a wooden helmet which hurts it further from fire sources. Don't recommend taking the hit, but it happened. The grass starter also learns divine barrier, and that came in handy against the special sound attacks from the boss to limit damage. I did mention the torchant and it's been vicious, especially equipped with a nymph's wand for a glass cannon build without setting up first. Noralian is okay, but I'm starting to notice it slow down a bit. Maybe if it got other moves soonish, it'll keep going. Friggle is friggle, and just learned downpour to go with it's ability and an upgrade to splash. And lastly, everyone's favorite earth/magic statue is starting to come to it's own, but still doesn't have aura master or meteor rush yet. Didn't it learn that early in the first game, I haven't seen it, as it was replaced by mana boost of all things. At least diversity makes it hit wel with all attack types.

Also, if Dussocket is gotten by giving a Soulless heartstone to it's previous form, one can get it before the first boss fight in Soulfear cavern. Press enter around the right-side hallway until you pick it up. An NPC mentions the cave is good for finding a unique stone. Still can't find a Lindworm in the wild though.

The answer to your question is forum.audiogames.net/search

2019-11-03 19:33:05

Maybe spoilers
Ok, so I've been looking all over the place and I can't figure out where to go after the fourth stadium? I am not sure where I am supposed to head.
On the other hand, I found this one area, called something swamp, with a bunch of little walls to move around, but a few good items. There was a treasure chest key in there too.
End sp

-
"There is beauty in simplicity."

2019-11-03 19:33:25 (edited by Shadowcat 2019-11-03 19:33:54)

@128
Isn't that still a viable strategy in Pokemon too? If I'm not wrong, that's what a sweeper is... jack up the attack and the speed, try to do as much damage as fast as possible before you die.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2019-11-03 19:37:19

Sweepers are the terms for already speedy attackers. Generlaly one wants to max out the speed stat to always assure you go first. Granted, walls will generally ruin your day since they can take the hit, and if they're the attac kind, smash your face in through your non-existant defense. Admittedly, the first few bosses in the game would make it ill advised to go with a full team of sweepers since I thought you can take the boss out in one turn. However, as I discoverred, there are bosses that aren't bulky as hell, and usually a barrier-setting mon can help shore up that weakness.

2019-11-03 19:44:10

After the fourth stadium, you should get a call telling you where you ought to go. And after you get that call, and go meet up with the person who called you, a crapton will happen in the story, which I won't spoil because it's...actually pretty huge. If you mean that you've done that already, here's a hint.

slight
spoilers

You know the person you met? In what city did you first meet them? Maybe have a look in there. And make sure you can climb.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-11-03 19:54:07 (edited by Loxias 2019-11-03 19:55:48)

Spoilers:

For people giving up on Impanzee, my crystal ball AKA 5 Levelup Herbs tells me she's going to transform pretty soon, just shy of level 40. Gets some good stat boosts, and upon transforming she learns a 110 power, 100% accurate fighting move that lowers your own defenses, much like Close Combat.
My starter's also reached final form, and he's still pure Flame type. He's quick with good magic attack though, and just learned Torch and has Manatize, so he's got a solid formula going on right now. He also got a move that puts me in mind of Body Slam, decent standard power with chance to paralyze.
Plumirage just learned Nature Smash, which is a stronger physical grass move than Berserk Branch.

I just beat the Desert Dragon. Once I figured out what the gimic is, I found it pretty easy. Definitely the easiest hyper boss so far, well other than that first one in the Power Plant. I guess it kinda helped that I have 2 Air types, though.

2019-11-03 19:59:59

Yeah. That one isn't bad once you figure it out. Not super dangerous, either, which is a good thing.

I was thinking the flame starter would go either magic or undead, if only because I think the other two starters are dual type.

And do you mean that Impanzee evolves again after Normammal?

2019-11-03 20:00:19

Is it morbidly bad considering the teams and levels people are posting, that the game does an appropriate job at punishing players relying on 1-2 creatures, and that I'm happy about this? Honestly that type of mindset of just bulldozing through the game with just one creature was one thing I hated about the POkemon games. The games weren't difficult enough to properly punish that until you starrted doing end game stuff, where that tactic is now impossible to do. And then people just struggle hard getting an entire team together rather than 1 strong creature and having the mindset for it.

I mean I struggled a lot as my team actually wasn't the best for handling the ghost boss (between the 2 manamon that instantly died to staff slash/eclipse rocket/elemental fury and the fact not all my manamon had a stab attack to use for their type yet (I'm looking at You Groler and bombasect)) I still manage to push through the fight with an lv 20-22 team?

An easy way to handle that fight is to either:

.Have a manamon out with a type that other manamon you have can use. The obvious one that comes to mind is having a standard type and the rest using standard attacks like pounce, headbutt etc. Not the highest damage, but if you can't do the next thing, better than doing nothing

-buffing/debuffing: He's only immune to damage, not stat drops. Though stat drops are limited to only 1 stage on bosses, it'll make a difference on outgoing/incoming damage if you hit it. As well, if you can't do anything, go use a mana boost/call to arms/whatever to make sure when you're turn comes up, you'll smash him hard.

-Set team defenses: If you have anyone who can use Divine barrier/shield, have them always set it to avoid taking in so much damage.

-Don't bring a ghost type:  Oh lord, my poor torch. he's not friendly to ghosts or anything weak to shadow/undead/ghost attacks.

There, now for one's second try, that can probably get through the boss in far less time and herbs compared to before.

2019-11-03 20:04:28

Guys any tips how to get past the third Quartantula? I am very annoyed about must have the musical talent. I don't have it and I have  almost broke my keyboard because of  nonsense thing, I want battles and not musical festivals

Stella rossa di Belgrado
We Love you Red Star, we do

2019-11-03 20:07:56

Quick item tip...
In Vermicaw city, just a few steps north of the gate leading south to the valley is a hidden premium meganet.

2019-11-03 20:14:43

I just finished the demo. Sad face, really sad face.

Add me on Skype, search for The Evil Chocolate Cookie

2019-11-03 20:20:28

Spoilers:

@Jaide, Yes, that's what I mean. Impanzee transforms twice. and yeah, I was half expecting my starter to become part magic type because of Manatize, but nope. To be fair, learning Manatize doesn't have to mean being Magic type.

2019-11-03 20:31:40

I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeealy hayte master dious

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2019-11-03 20:32:57

At 139:  Didn't someone post on that purchase thread that you were one of the 5 posters that they'd buy a copy of manamon 2 for?

2019-11-03 20:37:48 (edited by Vazbol 2019-11-03 20:38:43)

You know, I'm noticing a theme with all the premium net types being found near exit paths. Just got a premium giganet nearing the end of the Jungle area.

to be a bit more exact, on the right side of that long path after the boss fight, right befor ethe cutscene there, it's a few steps down from that.

2019-11-03 20:54:08

Would anyone happen to have some tips on finding a few level up herbs anywhere? I want to be able to look up some future moves... but I haven't found a single one yet.

2019-11-03 21:00:00

Anyone know of any eastereggs for the telephone in brightenberg? I want to test something actually. Anyone remember the phone number one called Preston with in the first game?

1800 manamon doesn't seem to do anything. Assuming that is written as 18006262666

2019-11-03 21:10:40

So guys, I was just going to write a post about the master in shadow canyon, but it appears everyone has said what I was planning to say. In brief, don't bring undead ghost types, he hates them and takes them out first always, and also  bring a decent team with alot of defense that can soak up damage.  I did it with only my gowaiter and terrubble left alive.
I was actually preparing a recording, and recorded it all, but my microphone/speaker wasn't set correctly, so my pc ended up recording microphone instead of speaker output. also lost the file.
I am planning to do a recording series like I did before, to help players once I get through the game. It will at least be boss and stadium fights. Jayde what do you think of this? I plan to also use a recommended list of manamon, or ones that I know will be good and pull their weight.
But meanwhile, when I'm still figuring this shit out,  would anyone want any particular recordings of me figuring out things?

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2019-11-03 21:15:28

You folks go ahead and do whatever it is you're doing. lol I don't need help at this point, except for that big boss you folks haven't really gotten too close to yet, and I may be able to brute force it in a few levels, sadly.

A few things I've discovered:

moderate
spoilers

If you let Amber see a Lindwyrm, she'll give you a Yakshine. So far it's the only way I know to get one. Its stats aren't great but it has a neat ability where it takes less and less damage the more it gets hurt. Transforms twice, once at 18 and again at 29 or 30 I think.

2019-11-03 21:30:35

Jayde, I'd love to be able to powerlevel manamon like you seem to do. lol But I'm taking my time through the game, so I haven't gotten too far yet. So far I'm running Grekko/flarebra/rucroom/zapistan/frolop/owlaw. I need to just pick one of those two plants, but neither's really selling me on it yet. Limewurm looked to have some nice starting coverage when caught with stone, dragon and standard... but I haven't leveled it up yet. Frolop's got retribution which is neat, but I don't like the fact that it requires you to actually take hits, so maybe I'll swap that out for the dragon?

2019-11-03 21:32:04

I'm just trying to grind up things that seem like they might be usable and farm gold to get nets to get as complete a list as I can have. I don't mind grinding out levels but I'm not too big on grinding up stuff that's ultimately broken. And this game is still too new for most people to know what that is yet. Friggle seems neat, yet I wouldn't have even considered catching it in the first game.

2019-11-03 21:47:01

hi guys.
So I have a question:
I currently have 2 plant types on my team. One of them is the starter, and the other is rucroom that you get from the first area.
I'm probably going to get rid of one in the future and swap it out for a different manamon, but I can't decide which one to get rid of yet. Which plant type is better out of those 2?

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2019-11-03 22:03:17

So wait, Lindworms are catchable in the first section of Soulfear? Now that I can fly back, I think I'll go and try to get the 0.0001% chance of encountering one, at least for the yaksha too. May just trade out the Normalian if that's the stone dragon.

2019-11-03 22:05:46

Yes, they are. Super rare though... just be careful not to kill it by accident. lol I landed like 3 crits... at the worst possible times.