2019-11-10 04:53:20

@424 I can't really speak for everybody, but I'd personally make use of it in a heartbeat. It's definitely a small difference in terms of time saved, but over all for people like myself it makes things much, much more convenient, especially when using a certain item to look for... things. big_smile

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2019-11-10 06:34:45

Hello, I talked to the gentlemen in 5 Mamia but the detective says "The evidence for that is shaky at best." what should I do?

2019-11-10 07:24:02

I'm in full agreement with BlindNinja. I personally hate when programs ask me, are you sure you wanna quit this program? Click yes. Are you absolutely sure? Really? Are you positive? One last time! Please make sure you want to quit this program.
Most people remember things relatively well, and I don't think they need to be told every time they hit 1 that they've just engaged their pocket copter or their manamon blender. It would definitely spare my poor enter key some mashings, too.

Kai

Spill chuck you spots!

2019-11-10 10:30:24

Aaron, I will send you a link to download my save file. Maybe this will help you out. If you press enter while inside the picture map, the program crashes. Check your private messages for the link.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2019-11-10 10:40:15

Can we please get an autosave feature. Maybe it would save after a couple battles or something. I have also notice I can't move far at all with out getting into a fight. This is kind of a royal pain.

2019-11-10 14:41:48

Auto-save is exactly what this game does -not need,. Or, if it's got it, it needs to be togglable, and off by default. If I go through a really rough battle, waste too many items and still win, I am the sort of player who will analyze my strategy, reload and do better next time. I would be very upset to have the game auto-save after fights or story bits or whatnot, because then I might well lose those items and essentially have my bad fight graven into my game experience. No Bueno.

If the feature request from a few posts back (no notification when you use an item) is not hard to code, I think this would be a very good thing. As far as cluttering the options? Just leave it on by default, but if players want to go through in options and turn it off, let 'em.

Now, one thing I'd like to see is an inverted type matrix. Right now, there's a file which tells us which types do well, but there's nothing to say which are weak. Of course, you can infer it, but it's more of a pain that way.

I'd personally rather see something like:
Flame resists flame, insect, plant and steel
Flame is weak to earth, water and stone

This will give a better look at how damage will be calculated when you're being hit, vs. how well it's calculated when hitting. It looks like a small thing, but for me at least, it makes a difference.
Hell, maybe I'll get bored and update the type effectiveness file on my own that way, just piecing it together backward.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-11-10 15:21:51

Insect is efective agains undead now, right? I discovered it in a bad way confronting my phiendour with a sinphonid haha.
BTW I'd like to be able to remove equipment and held items from the mons in the transportal without needing to geting them into you party. I'm playing postgame with some of my old mons and some of the new ones and I'm using same equipment with some of them, and it is anoying sometimes have to store one of the party, retrieve the one that has the equipment I want to use, store it againd and retrieve the other back. Thanks for fixing the fly thing Aaron, it works just fine know.

2019-11-10 15:49:37 (edited by wlomas 2019-11-10 16:21:41)

hi all any spoilers please how unlock first stadium? been to the art museum and the house, but now where? Lo ,

2019-11-10 17:08:45

You haven't finished the art museum part of the story. If you had, you'd know, and the stadium would be open.

2019-11-10 19:43:08

So... I know this is probably a longshot, but would it ever be feasible and/or even possible to get a Manamon 2 soundtrack? There's some really good stuff in here that I'd love to just be able to put on and listen to every now and again.
On the subject of music... suggestion time! I'm not sure who else would be interested in this, but I'd personally love it if after you finished the Requia story, you got access to a sort of music menu where you could choose your battle music for feral encounters and tamers. Like you could have classic Manamon, Manamon 2, Requia... if you were so inclined, you could also have this option for stadium leaders or bosses, so if you wanted to hear, say... Eshkan's battle theme, you could also do that. This one would also take considerably more work than my previous one though, I would assume.

2019-11-10 20:01:40

I'm not a fan of autosave, either. Would be a shame if it saved a match that you just wanted to try again to see if you could do better, etc. However, I do wish we could hit f4 or something to save our game right away. I hate having to go to the menu every time, since I'm kind of a paranoid player and like to save at almost every new turn of the game.
Conversely, though, I also kind of wish there was an ironman mode of Manamon which disabled the save function, only autosaving after important events (such as cut-scenes or tamer/boss battles). Perhaps have some cool manamon that you might be able to get only through ironman mode? I love challenging stuff like that.

Kai

Spill chuck you spots!

2019-11-10 20:56:23

Ok, I need some help on the box puzzle. How do I get it to go to the last switch on the right? The ones on the left and center have been switched already, but I can't seem to get the box to the right one. It always seems to go to the right most wall, and I'm not able to get on its left side since it's pushed against the north wall. What am I doing wrong?

2019-11-11 00:02:10

I'd love, love, love a music player feature. Plenty of games have this. Releasing it as an outright soundtrack might come with some legal issues, especially since some of the songs were sourced from somewhere else. But enabling us to manually play the music within the game itself would be awesome.

2019-11-11 00:39:04 (edited by Vulcan 2019-11-11 00:42:18)

the music audio player is a good idea but with birds or city sounds in the background to prevent vertual recording software from recording.  it would keep those thieves away and not encourage thieving.  see if people can't get a clear sound of the music, no using it in other games. hahahahahaha.  That is why I like that you can't turn the music alway down, no stealing sounds in that front.  Anyways arron, i loved what the demo has to offer, and I hope to be buying it soon.  Great job with the puzzles and i hope to encounter many many more.

Their is no such thing as a master.  One is never done learning, and those who claim to be a master at something are far from becoming one!!

2019-11-11 00:47:50

If a thief really wanted to they could already record the music where it naturally plays, and for area tracks, they can simply enter a menu to get rid of the background noise. So this wouldn't really make it more possible for them to do it.

2019-11-11 01:34:23

Yeah, totally agreed with in-game music player. And I personally love the idea of being able to switch wild encounter music as well, especially if original manamon encounter is included. I love the wild-encounter theme in Requia, but I'm not quite so much a fan of the happy upbeat-sounding encounter music in Manamon 2 in Kiarre. Personal preference though.

2019-11-11 01:59:50

That suggestion was actually inspired by something else I saw a while back where you could change music like that, also had a randomize option so you never knew what track you'd get the next time. Kinda neat, actually.

2019-11-11 02:31:35

Hay Aaron, I found an error In swingwen's description.
This Manamon is similar to a penguin but it is dark blue in color with an ice blue belly and yellow bill. Extending from its hind quarters is a long tail feather which ends in a heavy disk shape.
When hovering with its small flippers/wings this pendulous appendage is hangs below its yellow feet.
That last line should read
When hovering with its small flippers/wings this pendulous appendage hangs below its yellow feet.

Well that's it for now.
Really enjoying the game thus far...
Later!

2019-11-11 03:52:20

Hello.
The download link is not working

2019-11-11 06:04:10 (edited by defender 2019-11-11 06:05:31)

I'd really like to see the ability to copy Manamon analysis reports to the clipboard, so I can save them somewhere for later and not have to return to get them so often.
For instance the x stadium leader at the Manamon research center.

I was also thinking that, since many people won't be able to buy the game until Christmas or a birthday, it would be really nice if we could somehow get past gifts we've missed in the meantime.
Since they are limited time offers, people who don't have the spare cash right now will miss out.  I wouldn't mind paying another 5 bucks or something to get all the past ones...  Or maybe we could buy them on an individual basis and only grab the ones we care about.

Anyway, I'm really enjoying the demo, and my bearnus is definitely my best catch so far.  Can't weight to see what limewyrm will evolve into though!

2019-11-11 06:23:20

that would be cool if we could get all the past gifts. does anyone know where save files are located? in case I want to back mine up.

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2019-11-11 06:28:18

Hello again.
Can someone upload the installer on a dropbox or provide me another link to the installer?
I've always incountered a 404 error that says this page cannot be found after clicking the link provided in the first post.
Thanks.

2019-11-11 06:29:33

Is there any way to prevent a manamon from transforming? I'd kind of like to have one of each manamon in my transportal, but would love to level them all one by one to explore what they get, and transformations kind of ruin that.

Kai

Spill chuck you spots!

2019-11-11 06:41:35

Regarding past gifts, the value of them is that they are temporary. Paying for them would maintain that special factor, but I question whether they're worth it and how people as a whole would react to paying for something like that. VGStorm will never go freemium!

2019-11-11 06:47:05

V1.2.0 is out with some fixes, some balancing tweaks, and more!