2019-07-20 09:09:40

i would like to start first off by saying that this topic was inspired by a topic i saw showing appreciation for a dev, i can't exactly remember which one, but if it needs to be moved, sorry about that, but we are talking about games technically
i would like to show my appreciation towards nyanchan also known as Yukio Nozawa, i would like to say thank you for all the time and effort you put into making games like, bk1, bk2, bk3, world of war, laser break out, and many more
it must have taken a lot for all of those games to have come into being, and me, and others i am so sure, appreciate everything you have done for the A G community

2019-07-20 09:58:24

+1. Thank you Nyanchan.

2019-07-20 10:09:45

nyanchan, i appreciate your eforts and hard work makeing your games. and, translating your games in to english. thank you for that.

2019-07-20 10:14:55

Nyanchan, I also appriciate your games and the effort you put in translating them. I must say that out of all the games, the japanese ones have been my favourite along with the music. The storyline and music are both very interesting and captivating. So, thumbs-up from my side. big_smile

I am not someone who is ashamed of my past. I'm actually really proud. I know I made a lot of mistakes, but they, in turn, were my life lessons. Drew Barrymore
Follow me on Twitter, Discord and Instagram

2019-07-20 12:41:18 (edited by nyanchan 2019-07-20 14:32:18)

I honestly am sorry about the fact that maintenance of some games are stopping.  They have known critical bugs. I admit that I'm getting less active than 5 years ago, but I'm still doing game related things, and I will definitely respond to you all.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2019-07-20 13:14:52

hi. I love the bokurano debouken series. very, very well done!
if only bk2 and 1 was translated or japanese to english worked...
continue to create grate games, my friend!

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2019-07-20 13:18:39

Bk2 was the first pc audiogame I ever played, back in 2016. The bk games will always kind of have a special place in my heart, and I remember hanging out with friends trying to get through those dam mazes in bk1. Hahaha good times. So yukio, I thank you not only for three fuckin awesome games, but also for helping me really discover the world of audiogaming. Rock on!

2019-07-20 13:33:51

Firstly, @Yukio I also appreciate all of your games, I seriously think they are some of the best.
Next, @7 wow, what an awesome way to discover the world of audiogames!

2019-07-20 14:12:00

I must agree wholeheartedly. Thanks and when time and financial times allow it, [I will continue with this it was a small way to show some appreciation as well.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2019-07-20 15:49:33

Yep, same from me. I haven't played Bk 1 and 2, but 3 for sure, and screaming strike and marina break. I love all those games.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-07-20 16:12:50

I have also found your games very enjoyable, so much thanks from me as well. Keep up the good work.

2019-07-20 18:49:16

Great idea, SkyGuardian!

So yeah, I also step in line to praise Nyanchangames. I've only ever played BK3 so far but boy is that one a monolith! Probably still the best audio game gameplay and contentwise out there. It is also the first audio game I've played that could compete with the mainstream game experience I have been used to.
Whats even more awesome is that he also made the afford to translate that one into english. Otherwise I'd never have played it and would miss out on some truely inspiring piece of entertainment. After seeing Morokumas latest game also translated into english from almost the get go I have the sincere hope that thats a trend for japanese games and we will be able to play more and more of them without extern translation ressources.
I'm making my way through New Tia Story atm but boy japanese and english grammar must be deeply disconnected for the JGT translations are 50% ridiculous and 30% useless tongue So every human translation is a blessing. I'd also be more than happy to pay a few bucks for that as I did for BK3.

I will follow this thread for a while to see what games from Nyanchan you guys mention. I'll probably stick my head into some of them to see what this awesome guy still has to offer to me big_smile

Thanks, Nozawasan!

2019-07-20 19:52:41

Bk 1 is my favorite in terms of gameplay, followed very closely by bk3. I like bk1's gameplay because the overhead view let's me fully wander around an area and discover its secrets while the game keeps its combat phase to a side perspective. Since I can't play zelda 2, this is the closest thing I have. I only wished that it was longer, but that's why we have bk 2 and 3 right?

2019-07-20 21:46:21 (edited by Shadowcat 2019-07-20 21:49:44)

I agree, I loved the top down exploration aspect of bokubou 1, but I can also understand why it was simplified... making full maps can't be an easy thing.
But yes, I also deeply appreciate your work with games Yukio, I wouldn't have made that guide for Bokubou 3 otherwise. The whole of the bokubou/BD/BK series together is quite possibly the greatest audiogame trilogy I can think of, World of War's boss oneshot me the first time I fought it and is different from all the other space invader type games, Marina Break is fun even if I suck at it, Laser Breakout and Screaming Strike are just very fun games to play, Breakout especially if you have a friend to play with.
And as an aside, maybe I've asked this before, I can't remember now. But where does BK come from? lol Boku? I understand Bokubou, but...

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2019-07-21 00:13:29

here is how i play these games, i play baced on mood, he has games for every mood it seems
when i am mad, i play world of war
when i am happy and that is a lot, i play laser break out
when i feel like exploring, i play bk1
and other things, i play the rest of his games

2019-07-21 03:10:28

I have talked about rewriting bk1 with not-broken Japanese and better 2d map system, but the dream hasn't been come true yet.
As for the bk abbreviation, honestly, dunno. Someone started saying bk before bd.
Oh, I found that the project folder was named bk3. I named this when I first started coding the game (early 2012?). So... is the guy who started saying bk...
meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?

2019-07-21 03:46:00

I just found a new game that has taken a spot for awesomeness for me, it’s called marinaBreak, how did you make that one nyanchan

2019-07-21 03:50:56

How do you exactly mean by "How I made the game"? Development environment? Ideas behind? Mechanics / algorithms?

2019-07-21 03:53:10

I also would like to say thanks for the hard work that you do. Nyanchan has made some great games for the blind.

2019-07-21 04:34:49

O yeah! you should reright it. maybe you mite make a translation for bokurano debouken1?
I love yammajin's lafter, lolololol. have a good day, and a...
cuiiiiiiiiiiiiiihihihihihihihihihihihihihihiiiiii, to you!

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2019-07-21 04:38:06

Where did you come up with the concept, that’s what I mean

2019-07-21 04:54:34

It's like breakout in arcades and mainstream consoles. It might seem new to some of you because I think that this is the first audiogame that tried to do it properly and succeeded. Some similar games to this in the mainstream include blockblock I think it was called by capcom, and kirby's block ball by nintendo, and arcanoid.

2019-07-22 15:29:10

Yeah, thanks for all your games! BK one remains my favourite for the strategy you need against monsters and the real map feeling. I mean, I enjoy also bk3, but the fights in bk1 feel different to me, less crouded and more funny.

2019-07-22 15:42:44

It's true. One thing that you had in the first game that I personally didn't find as much of in the other two is that for a lot of a first playthrough, unless you grind the unholy hell out of the enemies, a single mistake can result in a looooot of damage. And I think I like that, lol because it's not a single hit and you're dead, but it's enough damage to make you have to actually play carefully.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2019-07-27 20:36:48

I've spent hundreds of hours on Nianchan's various games. Thanks!