2019-05-26 18:31:22 (edited by david_oliva 2019-05-29 07:27:09)

Hello blind musicians from all around the world!

We, at myTrueSound, are very excited to invite you to become a part of our enthusiastic team. We hope to launch by 1st September our new audio game called AudioWizards (for iOS and Android), and we have thought that it could be cool if your music can make it also to the game, so it can be listened and enjoyed by hopefully tens of thousands of people.

AudioWizards is a battle mode game where the player is a magician in a world of might and magic. The task in the game is to defend the village from the attacks of evil creatures taking the form of the four basic elements; water, electricity, ground, and fire. The game includes very basic visuals, and the main game mechanics are based on 3D-audio. The game includes ten levels, each of them lasting 5 minutes, where each new level has a different background music. Therefore, after playing and unlocking the ten levels, you have gotten to hear ten fantastic music tracks created all of them by blind musicians.

Our goal is that all music and sound effects in the game are being created and played by blind musicians and audio designers. So far, all sound effects were created by English audio designer Justin Macleod, and the music by Finnish musician Mikko Herranen. But that is not enough! We also want your music, if it has what it needs.

So, we have decided to launch a competition for the game music and we invite you all to take part. The goal is to select the work of five musicians to be featured on the game.

Here are the rules and most important info:
1.    1.    Listen to the demo songs included in this post (also direct links here https://youtu.be/uJGEigQxgZc , here https://youtu.be/o7AEOMf_qWI , and here https://youtu.be/adE4FGx4Blg ), and get the feel of what kind of music and atmosphere could work in the world of magic. Your music does not need to be very similar to what Mikko did already, but it needs to suit the game anyhow.
2.    Compose your own song to participate. The length needs to be minimum 1 minute long and maximum 5 minutes long. The final song for the game needs to be 5 minutes long, but you don’t need to do it so long for now.
3.    Send the song to [email protected] in MP3, MIDI format, or just by sharing a link where we can download it.
4.    Deadline for the song 30.6.2019, but you can send it as soon as you have it.
5.    The best five compositions, not the best five productions wins. This means, it’s about the music and the atmosphere, not about mixing or sound design. Concentrate on the composition and make it really magical. Consider that some players might need tens of times to pass the level where your song is located (yeah, some levels are going to be pretty hard), and therefore, the music needs to be cool, nice, enjoyable, and so on, so people don’t get bored of it too early!
6.    The winning songs will be finalized (mixed, arranged or whatever needs to be done) by Finnish music producer Mikko Herranen together with the winners.
7.    The winning songs will be released in the game as game music.
8.    The winners will get a payment of 150 € (please, understand our budget is very limited) plus their name on the credits of the game.
9.    The winners will get an economic bonus of 200 € if the game is downloaded over 10 000 times from the app stores in a period of 1 year (we hope you help us here with the marketing, ‘smile’).
10.    The IPR of the selected songs will be shared. That means, the musician is able to use that music further for any personal or professional purpose, except when that will damage the reputation or honor of myTrueSound (very unlikely because we all are cool). The company, us, will be able to use the music for an unlimited period of time on any future launch, update, or any activity related to the business activities of the company, e.g. marketing.
11.    The competition is only open to blind and low vision musicians, but certainly we won’t ask any evidence.

If you have any questions, just ask!

Best regards
myTrueSound team

mytruesound.com - we hear the difference

2019-05-28 04:34:38 (edited by defender 2019-05-28 04:39:13)

This is cool! But you may want to give this topic a catchier title like"
"blind musicians! we want your work in our upcoming game!"
or
"Work opportunity for blind musicians, add your personal touch to our upcoming game!"
Maybe try posting this on blind.reddit.com and some blind facebook groups as well.

2019-05-28 04:50:00

Um I thought the title was fine. I've certainly seen a lot worse.

2019-05-29 00:07:51

I would do this for free. And I may if I can come up with any thing.

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.

2019-05-29 03:17:50

Yeah I just mentioned it because it may grab people's attention better, since not many know what audio wizards is and when you say simply (music competition) it doesn't really convey the purpose very well either, but maybe that's just me.

2019-05-29 03:52:26

title is fine

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-05-29 07:27:45

defender wrote:

This is cool! But you may want to give this topic a catchier title like"
"blind musicians! we want your work in our upcoming game!"

Title has been changed. Thanks Defender!

2019-05-30 13:26:52

Hello folks! Is there a maximum set of entries per person? I wanted to send a song I wrote but it is slightly below the requested duration. I wouldn't want to waste my chance if only one entry is allowed, so that's why I'm asking. Thanks in advance.
Best regards, Haramir.

The true blind is the one who refuses to see.

2019-05-30 19:12:15

This is verry cool. I may do this if I have time

2019-05-30 22:44:18

Haramir wrote:

Hello folks! Is there a maximum set of entries per person? I wanted to send a song I wrote but it is slightly below the requested duration. I wouldn't want to waste my chance if only one entry is allowed, so that's why I'm asking. Thanks in advance.
Best regards, Haramir.

Hi Haramir
You can send as many as you want, but I prefer you will send the very best one! We are really looking for good music (and I can say that we already got two which were pretty good).

Don't worry about the duration, because we can loop it, or we can make it larger. Once the melody is good, doing it larger is kind of easy (kind of, but not really). Anyhow, if you want to take part, take your time. That is why we gave over one month time, so there is time enough to compose something new and great.

Hope you send us something!

2019-05-30 23:59:40

Hello folks. Thanks for the kind words David. I'll send the one I have, I think it may fit nicely to the theme. Hope we have similar opinions big_smile Jokes aside, luck to us all.
Best regards, Haramir.

2019-06-02 12:56:36

Hi
So far four musicians have delivered music, and some are good!
Those are awesome news.
We are sure there are many other talented musicians who might like to hear about that, so please, share if you know any.
Regards and thanks

2019-06-03 04:04:10

Does it have to be orchestral or can i make it sound different?

2019-06-11 08:47:27

jacerbt wrote:

Does it have to be orchestral or can i make it sound different?

You can change it as you want. We would like that the music reminds some middle age or fantasy world, but if you use electronic instruments or others, and the music fits the game, then why not.

As we said in the text, it is all about the composition. Mikko Herranen is our music professional, and his tasks will be to make all the arrangements so that your music sounds orchestral. We just need ideas, and then together with you, we make the final production to get them to fit in to the game, and with the others.

We are really happy about this competition. I think it is going to be awesome that the music of so many blind musicians could be listened together from all around the world, within the same product. Let's see how it works, but please, send us something. If you like your music, most probably is good!!

2019-06-11 08:53:14

I sent this to both coolblindtech and blindbargains but sadly neither responded...

2019-06-21 10:49:05

Hi

Regarding the competition for the music of our next game AudioWizards, we got so far 17 songs from 13 blind musicians. Awesome!.

Most of them are really fantastic, but still we want to catch the attention of other great artists. If you want to make a career into game music, and you think you might have what it takes, this would be a good chance.

Perhaps soon, some other indie developers will follow us, and one day it will be common that your names are in the credits of great games. Wouldn't that be cool?!

Competition will be closed in 9 days, but still you have time!

Please, visit our site where all the rules are described.
https://www.mytruesound.com/post/music- … -on-a-game

Very best regards
david

2019-06-21 12:56:42

Wow, 13 musicians! that's awesome!
Maybe see if you can put an advertisement about it on the RS Games client at rsgames.org?

2019-06-22 15:29:56

Hmm, I may take a stab at this.    I already have a lot of music finished that's not even uploaded anywhere, so let me go through and see if any of it would fit the bill...

My Solo album, "A Life Seen Through Broken Eyes", available now:
iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2019-07-05 17:03:13

Remember the music competition we had?We put up a website where you can take a listen to every song submitted by awesome musicians all over the world and tell us what you think about them!

Listen to the AudioWizards music competition entries here!
mytruesound.com/audiowizards-music

2019-07-05 17:58:23

Hey neat. If I was able to get things sorted sooner I probably would have at least attempted something. Man I'd love to know what samples were used for 33 - Of Wizards And Wisdom. I'm guessing it's some sort of kontakt based thing, very realistic orchestral pack. But that's just me geeking out, so don't mind me. lol

2019-07-05 18:43:06 (edited by defender 2019-07-05 18:44:55)

I'm not seeing any songs there...  Is it supposed to be that way?
And thank you for involving the community in the voting!

2019-07-05 19:41:11

Hello folks. Defender, I got the same thing when trying it out with firefox, try using a different browser, chrome worked fine for me.
Best regards, Haramir.

2019-07-05 22:36:44

I used both chrome and FF

2019-07-08 09:28:36

defender wrote:

I'm not seeing any songs there...  Is it supposed to be that way?
And thank you for involving the community in the voting!

Hello Defender! Sorry for late answer but our site is using Soundcloud embed player to display the music on the site. Some reader softwares or browsers might not be compatible with it. Unfortunately we don't have a way to change that at the moment. If you or anyone encounter any other problems on the site let us know!

2019-07-08 19:50:53 (edited by defender 2019-07-08 20:11:02)

Hmm, it seems to be working now, cool!  Addblock plus was blocking it I guess.