2019-04-03 00:07:18

Hi Arogandor,
Is it possible to restart your character, or delete the one you have and create a new one on your account?
I feel like I've already messed up my character, because I had no idea what I was doing when I started the game.
So I was just curious if that's an option.

2019-04-03 10:29:06

You can't restart your character.
Neither are you allowed to have multiple characters.

Personally I do not believe there is a way to mess up your character making it worth to restart but you can delete your current character at any time and start another one, if that's what you really want smile

@Wightfall: Thank you for reporting, I'll update that page still.

@Kelwl: I believe screen-readers don't easily pickup mouse-overs that appear when hovering over an item. The stats of equipment are currently displayed that way. Maybe I can add all the equipment information into the HTML alt attribute of the image itself.

2019-04-03 17:44:55

I am stuck. I can't continue the "A courier's task" quest. For an unknown reason. I have 15 breads, I have a cheap healing potion and, to my knowledge, I have equipped my weapon.

Any hints, please?

The name is Tisorin

Perfection is never easy. But after more than 21 years...
...I got the hand of it.
Sorin Ţaţa
Produse pentru nevăzători

2019-04-03 17:52:32

Tisorin, you have to travel from your town to the Grail Monastery.
There you have to consult your Questbook again.

2019-04-03 19:01:38

I'll keep going with this one then, and see what happens. :-)

2019-04-04 05:27:01

Hi,
the fixes Lord Arogandor has been making to this game are simply fantastic!
I am still playing, just need to choose a main proffession as its suggested by most people to focus on one skill and carry on raising it to max. the better you are at that skill proffession the better off you are likely to be.
I have a cow and a chicken so far, working on expanding my ranch still

I don't see the problem people are talking about when equipping the tools, I am able to do it just fine without any problems.
Hope all of you are doing well in TGL and I run across you some day big_smile
Grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2019-04-04 20:39:19

I am still playing as well, and one thing I'd love to see is headings. Headings will make the gameplay faster for us blind users because we can directly go to them. Doesn't really matter what level they're at. I'd stick a heading under the skills but before any major text, like in the ranch the heading would be just above it's description

2019-04-05 00:09:18

I agree. I thought about that as I was playing last night, how headings would make navigation so much faster.
Awesome game, Arogandor!!!

2019-04-05 17:24:58

yes please! arrogander! please bring on headings!    i havent loged in for a cuppel of days or tryed to equip the plow gain since i had trubble before the changes

2019-04-05 22:46:05 (edited by pelantas 2019-04-05 22:47:20)

Hi,

I agree with the headins for sure smile

Greetz mike

Visit the following website to see what games we have:
http://www.nonvisiongames.com
Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:
https://www.retro-kingdom.com

2019-04-06 07:38:56

yeah heading would be navigate faster but I don't have any trouble when you equip item try to read section your item already equippedbut could anyone give hint for how to pass first practice in chapter 42 of take a look of book or some thing
in question 2 and question 3 I don't know how to answer correctly
question 2 in radio button check it just said just one just one and just one
so lord arogandor if you read it could you fix this because I don't know the right answer in question 3 should I paste answer like
https://thegraillords.net/home/profile.php?id=4816
thanks for your help

the bestest reward for people who are working so hard they should receive their experience of their own life.
everyone can collect in everyday.
:d

2019-04-07 18:55:31

YEY! I completed my first carpentry! Its a bed.
Do i have to install it somehow in my residence? Or is it enough that i own it?

2019-04-07 23:18:21

firefly82, I can't remember exactly, but for the journal u have got to equip it, so I think it's going to be the same for a bed as well just go to your residence and possessions to check if u need to equip it or not.

2019-04-08 05:21:01

I saw someone mention something about maxing out a skill. Do skills and Professions have a maximum level?

2019-04-08 05:33:51

I still don't receive the answer about how to pass first test in quest book it seem lord arogandor don't read my post however I already send him via letter box
about question 3 if anyone know the exactly answer let me know since i'm stuck awhile
about my suggestion when traveling outside the town
since we are blind can't look the picture map you are provide in the game tracking system would be accessible for us
I will elastrate here from my town asetit sorry if my spelling wrong
after you go out side the town gate first you need to choose place which you want to go
then from your coordinate give detail like this
5 north 3 east 2 south 1 west
when you step in any direction number change after you go with tracking system like this you are arrive at destination
I hope my explanation quite clear if not difficult for implement this feature it would help blind people alot

the bestest reward for people who are working so hard they should receive their experience of their own life.

2019-04-08 10:36:20

Hello all,

Thank you for your feedback!
I'll look into headers as soon I can. I haven't used them often in the game and this might be a work that need to be done page by page.

@wightfall: I haven't checked the coding of the quest yet. I'll keep you informed whenever I find something. As mentioned before, I can only do that many things in a day, and sometimes it can take up to a few days before I'm able to reply or fix stuff. smile

@firefly: You have to "use" the bed you made. You can do that at your item chest in your residence. A bed you use will last exactly one year before it breaks. https://thegraillords.net/home/items.php?tab=1

@nolly: All the skills always start at 1 and can never exceed 100. This includes temporarily skill bonuses. So if you would have 80 on a skill and an additional bonus of 30 it would cap the skill up to 100.

2019-04-08 18:54:52

Is anyone else having any luck with recieving a reward for voting? Yesterday out of 6 sites only 1 successfully registered a reward. I understand that the site has to send back a positive response in order to give out a reward, but 1 in 6 is really low odds. I am fairly certain that noone is using my IP address to vote, but as I can't confirm this I suppose I will have to try to vote as soon as the voting sites roll over for the day.

How is everyone else fairing?

2019-04-08 19:16:29

Cool!  Another awesome sighted developer willing to put in the time to make their game more accessible for us!
And from a browser game too, just like "Greensatelite" the maker of "Trimps". smile
Thanks so much Lord Arogandor, your a great example to others and we all appreciate your extra work on this, as well as your interest in our community.

And thanks also to  Mirage and liseo for being proactive in contacting the developer to let them know about the forum and the CAPTCHA issue, and to Jason Blaze and Kelwl for giving feedback as well.

2019-04-08 19:29:21

The pleasure is all mine defender smile

@nolly: There are only three sites that give you a reward. The other listed sites are just helping to support The Grail Lords.
Maybe it's unclear for screen-readers yet, and then that must be adjusted -by me- , but there should be a HTML legend tag "Voting sites with rewards" with three clickable voting buttons:
- Top Web Games
- Browser-based Online Game Directory
- Top Browser Games

Each valid vote on these sites should give you a reward. Top Browser Games doesn't ask for a captcha, Browser-based Online Game Directory has a simple captcha in which you need to enter the sum of two numbers and Top Web Games seems to use the google captcha.

2019-04-08 19:39:18 (edited by nolly 2019-04-08 19:42:58)

Actually I think they are clearly visible, but I assumed the numbered links were also sites able to give out rewards.

The only one of those three to give out a reward to me was the one that asked you to solve a math question when voting. Unfortunately no matter what browser I used, it wouldn't show me the values, so I ended up registering since it removes the validation step. However anyone looking to register using a screen reader should know that you still need to answer the math question which will take sighted assistance. It's worth it to register though since you will never have to answer the math question as long as you are logged in.

Lord Arogandor do you happen to know approximately when the voting sites turn over for the day?

2019-04-08 23:19:54

I've had all kinds of trouble voting, and I can't remember the specific wording of the error message when I try to verify that I'm not a robot.
But it's something like, "your IP may be sending too many queries per second. This could be because the site you are voting for is being attacked, or," and it gives two more reasons. So to me, it kind of sounds like some of the voting difficulties could be due to malware either trying to attack my PC or the website.

2019-04-09 00:34:30

i wish other devs  wood be like minded its  sad realy  i still need to log back in and work out equipping my plow lol

2019-04-09 01:33:32 (edited by nolly 2019-04-09 08:40:24)

Mirage I get that issue as well, but if I come back a few minutes later it often clears up, until the next time that is.

I had to edit this to say that it's been 4 hours and it still says my computer is making too many queries. The only one that I can get to work without a hitch all the time is the site that asks you to solve a math question if you haven't registered and the last voting site listed. The first in the list either won't let me verify or when I do it on my phone, doesn't give a reward. It's not really the lack of reward that is going to make me want to avoid voting on the first site, it really takes no time at all, but having to vote on my phone is pretty tedious since I don't use a keyboard.

2019-04-09 10:23:23

Dear Seekers,
This post is all about voting, so if you don't have voting issues you can skip this smile

Each Seeker can only receive each reward once a day. This is checked in The Grail Lords itself and resets during the daily reset.
If you didn’t receive your reward, then most likely your vote wasn’t valid. When you -or somebody else using the same IP-address- already cast a vote for The Grail Lords -or for any other game- the last 24 hours, then your vote might not count and no reward will be distributed.

1) Top Web Games
https://www.topwebgames.com/in.aspx?ID=7619
For this site, you can only vote once each 24hours on 1 website. It checks your IP, so if you or anyone else sharing the same IP voted for this site, the vote will not count!
BUT -and this is a little secret- clicking on the link toward the site is sufficient to receive the daily reward. Even without voting on the website itself. If this doesn't work, it must be due to the screen-readers. I need to know that and we'll try to fix it. Of course, you can only receive this reward once a day and you must be logged into The Grail Lords.

2) Browser-based Online Game Directory
https://bbogd.com/vote/the-grail-lords
This site works with the captcha sum. Here the IP of the user hasn't been checked. This means you should always receive your reward even if you voted on other websites the same day. Using a different IP will not give you additional rewards, as we still check that in the game itself.

Maybe an ambassador of Audiogames can contact Browser-based Online Game Directory and request they update their captcha into something more accessible. Most likely they never thought about it, just like it was my case, so help them to open their eyes in this matter smile
If for some reason they don't want to change their captcha then The Grail Lords will look for another voting site that proves to be better accessible.

3) Top Browser Games
https://www.topbrowsergames.org/vote.php?id=123
This is the only website that more or less works as intended. The vote must count and they do check if your IP has been used in the last 24hours. I don't see a captcha of any kind. Only a submit button and afterwards you either receive a failed or success message.

All in all, the time where voting sites attracted new players are long past. Most Seekers now arrive through mouth to mouth advertisements and well written posts on social media. We mostly keep the voting section because people are counting on these daily rewards ^.^

2019-04-09 13:26:48

I still voting at tbg site it is only site that hasn't need any captcha or register to proceeded
i don't see any plobblem from tgb site though