2019-03-28 09:54:38

Aaah, great! Thank you!
HAHA, damn! Actually, I would have more important things to do. But they have to wait, haha.

2019-03-28 17:43:12

to make beer it will take 4 days. u will need to stir the barrel every day spending 20 or so stamina.

2019-03-28 17:45:34

hi Lord Arogandor,

do u think u can make the mood number readable with a screen reader? as of now I can only know what mood i'm in e.g. exultant now, but not sure if I am nearer to the 900 mark or the 1000 mark if u know what I mean.

also, is it going to be possible to make the cards in the blackjack game readable as well? as of now I can only know my final result.

2019-03-28 20:39:18

@Lord Arogandor:
First, welcome to the forum.
Second, a huge huge thank you for making the game more accessible. You have no idea how grateful I and the members in this community are.
I've been playing it for 3 days so far, and it's not bad... wish the time of playing was a bit longer, but that's the point I suppose.
I really feel like I'm actually working for something. Most browser games allow you to play for like, 7 hours a day, which means the person who has the most time will have an advantage over the casual folks. This game doesn't have that, not yet, at least.
Again, thank you for being willing to make changes and welcome to the forum, I most certainly be mentioning issues if I come across them now that I know you're willing to help.

2019-03-28 20:51:55

Hello all,

Thank you for all the positive reactions! I'm very happy that we already made progress.
The playing time is relatively short and that's not really going to change. You can only lengthen your playing time by socializing in the tavern wink

As soon my day start tomorrow, I'll try to see what can be done to:
- Improve the equipment section
- Label the buttons at the town ranch
- Add value to the blackjack cards
- Display numbers at the mood

I'll keep you posted and hope you'll let me know if it's helping smile

2019-03-28 20:52:04

just to let you guys know. I played Grail Lords a few years ago but have gotten back into it and have started over. My character is also called "Bookrage" and you can find him in Spero. I have no intention of stealing from other players so I would prefer I also not be robbed. I'm happy to help you guys with crafting skills and stuff but I'm a little weakling too so don't have  much I can help you with yet. I hope to specialize in ranching later or something like that.

Even so, hope to be helpful with you all. and really want to work with anyone who is willing to work with me in Spero.

Also, ahead of time I think I'd like to specialize in 2-handed axes if possible and if there is anything you guys need, I'll try to get it for you.

2019-03-28 21:06:37

Oh yeah, Bookrage! This would be very very cool! I could need some wood because i soon want to start carpen a bed for a little more stamina.
I am still in the starting town and i think i should not leave it so early.

2019-03-28 21:18:45

firefly, not everyone starts in the same town. Also, although I have some wood, I can't really go get more yet as I am too weak to leave town, myself. I've only been playing this character for a few days myself. If you want a lot of wood and don't intend to use it for the purpose you get it from though, my advice is do the "Scrawny chicken" quest. As for how to use the ranch?

the only buttons that matter on the ranch are "Feed all your animals" "place a work order" and the icons that represent your animals themselves. You get an old chicken when you do the scrawny chicken quest and on your ranch you will have a thing that will say "ChickenPNG" All those PNG buttons you see represent empty slots in your ranch and they will be replaced with stated animal graphics when you have animals. You click the chicken itself to slaughter the animal. Also, every there days you can harvest eggs. I think it can happen automatically when you feed all your hungry animals but not sure.  as I suddenly got two eggs when I did that. But doesn't hurt to check. Also when you click the Chicken PNG, that simply means you get the options with the animal such as sell or slaughter. I don't mean that you slaughter it just by clicking the graphic. Furthermore, it will make you confirm slaughtering. I used to raise chickens on my old character. Keep them and keep taking their eggs until they start to get old, and then kill them for their meat. If you don't wait long enough you'll waste time and money because you won't get enough eggs and if you wait too lon, they will just die and you won't get the useful meat.

When you finish that quest, which will take a few days at the least just because, you'll get a lot of wood and some nails. They are meant to be used to let you have more animals in your ranch, but you theoretically could use them for other things too.

2019-03-29 03:22:34

I discovered something while I was in the castle yesterday.
At least one of the castle games is fully accessible.
It's called Goose Run for anyone who wants to play.

2019-03-29 11:52:52 (edited by Lord Arogandor 2019-03-29 13:00:46)

Dear Seekers,

I've adjusted the Blackjack mini-game.
Please let me know how these changes works out for you.

You can find the blackjack by:
- https://thegraillords.net/games/blackjack.php
- going to The Grail Castle -> Play one of the Mini Games -> Blackjack

Edit:

I've adjusted the Lucky Udgar mini-game. It should be another mini-game working for us all.

You can find the blackjack by:
- https://thegraillords.net/games/lucky_udgar.php
- going to The Grail Castle -> Play one of the Mini Games -> Lucky Udgar

I've altered the equipment section. Again, please let me know how these changes works out for you.

You can find your equipment by:
- https://thegraillords.net/home/equipment.php

2019-03-29 18:30:57

Updated the town ranch as requested. Hope it helps to find your way faster!

2019-03-29 18:49:11

cheers!

2019-03-29 20:23:34

YEY YEY! Exactly what i needed for today! Thanks a lot Arogandor!

2019-03-29 21:45:56

Arogandor, I really appreciate all the updates you are making for the game.
It's amazing how quickly you are making them.
Thank you for being so willing to learn about accessibility and implement it into your game.
You're awesome!

2019-03-30 03:57:49

hi aro. thanks for the updates.

so far, I did notice some changes in what my screen reader has been reading back to me. but the mood points are still not being read yet.

2019-03-30 11:37:30

Thank you for the feedback!
Glad to hear we are on the right track.

The mood points still need to be added. It's in my todo list still smile

2019-03-31 09:10:24

Hi,
First of all, Thanks a lot lord arogandor for being so willing to make so many changes, the game is amazing by itself, but what makes it totally rock is your willingness to make it adaptable for our needs smile .

a couple things to report and to let others know about in case they run into them:
I travelled out of camaar to the grail monastery for the wanna III quest. I looked up the monastery on the towns tab of the character page, and it's position was written as 16x3y, while camaar is at -13x 8.y, but travelling to that  position  took me to the coal mine rather than the monastery. After asking about it in the tavern and a lot of trying with the people there, it turned out that the monastery is in fact at 0 0, not 16 3. So for all who want to travel, ask others first about the location of where you want to go, or you may lose something like 150 stamina smile .
Also, i'm not sure if its me not being able to read the surrounding map properly, or there's no way to know what tile lies to what direction. I was able to see the terrain names, but only way to find out what was east of me for example was to actually go east. Any tips would be great on how to read the map if it's me missing something.

Again, thank you lord arogandor for making so many changes in such short notice!

2019-03-31 15:58:23

Dear Seekers,

Making the Grail Lords more accessible to a larger public is a win-win situation! I'm very happy to be able to welcome so many new Seekers!
It's very motivating for me as well to have increased activity and enthusiastic Seekers smile

I've altered the mood display. It should display now again in plain numbers, making it easier to keep track on how happy your character is.
The Clock also has been updated, I hope it's now readable for screen-readers showing:
- The current server date and time.
- The time until the next daily reset.
- The weather currently in the Realm.

I've also received feedback about the map of the Realm, it still is going to take a bit before that's altered into something that fits every bodies satisfaction. But we keep working on it smile

As always, don't hesitate to contact me here or in the game itself!

2019-04-01 01:41:57

hi all. the following info on the shortest routes to other towns and places of interests is provided by framer ted. he asked me to kindly share this with all of you guys since navigating the map can be a little stamina wasting for now as we have to step on to the tile to know what kind of tile it is.

here goes:

Hey Kel!

This should be most of it. There are a few more locations on the map, but they have no interactions with them currently (an abandoned quarry, some future quest locations etc). If that changes I will of course be happy to add them.

If someone finds a mistake in them I would be happy to hear it, I may very well have miscounted somewhere. Same goes for the coordinates, I got those from the test realm which differs from the real game in some places. I think coordinates are not one of those, but I dont have the stamina to double check everything in the real game tongue

Hopefully it helps navigating a bit!

From Camaar (position -13x and 8y) to:

Grail Monastery (position 0x and 0y) = 7 north, 7 east, 1 north, 6 east
Nearest Forest (position -14x and 5y) = 3 north, 1 west
Nearest Shore/Water (position -11x and 8y) = 2 east
Iron Mine (position -14x and 0y) = 7 north, 1 west, 1 north
Coal Mine (position 15x and 3y) = 7 north, 7 east, 1 north, 4 east, 3 south, 17 east
Stone Quarry (position 0x and -24y) = 7 north, 7 east, 1 north, 4 east, 5 north, 7 east, 16 north, 3 west, 1 north, 1 west, 1 north, 1 west, 1 north
Witch Hut (position 3x and 6y) = 7 north, 7 east, 1 north, 4 east, 3 south, 5 east, 3 south
Ferry Express (position -2x and -7y) = 7 north, 7 east, 1 north, 4 east, 7 north
Forgotten Ruins (position -13x and 0y) = 8 north
Hrabrost Ruins (position 0x and 13y) = 7 north, 7 east, 1 north, 4 east, 13 south, 2 east
Azetyth (position -25x and -9y) = 7 north, 12 west, 10 north
Spero (position 11x and 10y) = 7 north, 7 east, 1 north, 4 east, 3 south, 13 east, 7 south
Sarmiz (position 5x and -18y) = 7 north, 7 east, 1 north, 4 east, 5 north, 7 east, 13 north

From Azetyth (position -25x and -9y) to:

Grail Monastery (position 0x and 0y) = 10 south, 19 east, 1 north, 6 east
Nearest Forest (position -22x and -6y) = 3 south, 3 east
Nearest Shore/Water (position -23x and -9y) = 2 east
Iron Mine (position -14x and 0y) = 10 south, 11 east, 1 north
Coal Mine (position 15x and 3y) = 10 south, 19 east, 1 north, 4 east, 3 south, 17 east
Stone Quarry (position 0x and -24y) = 10 south, 19 east, 1 north, 4 east, 5 north, 7 east, 16 north, 3 west, 1 north, 1 west, 1 north, 1 west, 1 north
Witch Hut (position 3x and 6y) = 10 south, 19 east, 1 north, 4 east, 3 south, 5 east, 3 south
Ferry Express (position -2x and -7y) = 10 south, 19 east, 1 north, 4 east, 7 north
Forgotten Ruins (position -13x and 0y) = 10 south, 12 east, 1 north
Hrabrost Ruins (position 0x and 13y) = 10 south, 19 east, 1 north, 4 east, 13 south, 2 east
Camaar (position -13x and 8y) = 10 south, 12 east, 7 south
Spero (position 11x and 10y) = 10 south, 19 east, 1 north, 4 east, 3 south, 13 east, 7 south
Sarmiz (position 5x and -18y) = 10 south, 19 east, 1 north, 4 east, 5 north, 7 east, 13 north

From Spero (position 11x and 10y) to:

Grail Monastery (position 0x and 0y) = 7 north, 11 west, 3 north
Nearest Forest (position 10x and 8y) = 2 north, 1 west
Nearest Shore/Water (position 11x and 13y) = 3 south
Iron Mine (position -14x and 0y) = 7 north, 13 west, 3 north, 4 west, 1 south, 8 west, 1 north
Coal Mine (position 15x and 3y) = 7 north, 4 east
Stone Quarry (position 0x and -24y) = 7 north, 13 west, 8 north, 7 east, 16 north, 3 west, 1 north, 1 west, 1 north, 1 west, 1 north
Witch Hut (position 3x and 6y) = 7 north, 8 west, 3 south
Ferry Express (position -2x and -7y) = 7 north, 13 west, 10 north
Forgotten Ruins (position -13x and 0y) = 7 north, 13 west, 3 north, 4 west, 1 south, 7 west, 1 north
Hrabrost Ruins (position 0x and 13y) = 7 north, 13 west, 10 south, 2 east
Camaar (position -13x and 8y) = 7 north, 13 west, 3 north, 4 west, 1 south, 7 west, 7 south
Azetyth (position -25x and -9y) = 7 north, 13 west, 3 north, 4 west, 1 south, 19 west, 10 north
Sarmiz (position 5x and -18y) = 7 north, 13 west, 8 north, 7 east, 13 north

From Sarmiz (position 5x and -18y) to:

Grail Monastery (position 0x and 0y) = 13 south, 7 west, 5 south, 2 east
Nearest Forest (position 7x and -20y) = 2 east, 2 north
Nearest Shore/Water (position 5x and -23y) = 5 north
Iron Mine (position -14x and 0y) = 13 south, 7 west, 5 south, 4 west, 1 south, 8 west, 1 north
Coal Mine (position 15x and 3y) = 13 south, 7 west, 8 south, 17 east
Stone Quarry (position 0x and -24y) = 3 north, 3 west, 1 north, 1 west, 1 north, 1 west, 1 north
Witch Hut (position 3x and 6y) = 13 south, 7 west, 8 south, 5 east, 3 south
Ferry Express (position -2x and -7y) = 13 south, 7 west, 2 north
Forgotten Ruins (position -13x and 0y) = 13 south, 7 west, 5 south, 4 west, 1 south, 7 west, 1 north
Hrabrost Ruins (position 0x and 13y) = 13 south, 7 west, 18 south, 2 east
Camaar (position -13x

2019-04-01 01:44:23

hi aro. thank u for the update! I can read my mood now, but time and weather is still unreadable from the character's page.

nevertheless, still thankful that u are still trying to improve accessibility for this game.

2019-04-01 11:18:59

hi lord arogandor welcome to the forum
this small community would like to thanks a lot of sight developers like you try making their games more accessible for blind player
while playing your game I see various thing change and congrats you are making your game in to the right way and so fast
one thing i'm unsure whether it has a bug or normal is when we purchasing some goods spending stamina with prently of task it seem number not updating when the page was refreshing
for instance I have 99 brondz I buy 1 meat soup for 19 brondz after purchasing still show 99 brondz
so if it a bug I hope it will fix soon to avoid confusing in the future
my suggestion if possible could you label your menu as link instead of image clickable I think will be more accessible of screen reader user
and finally thanks for trying to make improvement for us

the bestest reward for people who are working so hard they should receive their experience of their own life.
everyone can collect in everyday.
:d

2019-04-01 12:14:02

I will start by saying thank you for the hard work you have done so far regarding the accessibility. Often enough developers aren't aware or willing to take in consideration this aspect.

The game, in 95% of the cases, is very accessible. Today, however, I run into a major problem. I can't equip any of the weapons nor armors. I press the club, it appears next to the "main hand", but when I press the "equip" button, the page reloads and it says "no pieces of equipment are available", or something like that.

Am I doing something wrong?

Perfection is never easy. But after more than 21 years...
...I got the hand of it.
Sorin Ţaţa
Produse pentru nevăzători

2019-04-01 17:18:46 (edited by Lord Arogandor 2019-04-01 17:19:59)

Dear Seekers,

Today I've altered the coordinates on the Town Profiles. They should now match with those displayed on the map while traveling.
In addition I've updated the help-files and added a list with the most important locations on the map and their coordinates.

https://thegraillords.net/help.php#104

So far no sighted Seekers have reported any issue with the equipment section, so I assume this is something caused due to the screen-readers & the website. Often the website needs a full refresh to have any result, but in case of equipment, it happens instantly. So equipping is one click and you'll wear the item. Refreshing or clicking again will cause an error message indeed.
On the left side of your screen, you have a list with all unequipped items, while on the right side the equipped items are visualized. Maybe it lacks accessibility still and causes the confusion?

Purchasing something from the market almost always will need a page refresh before you will read the updated amount of money.

The clock seems still not fully readable, as I understood the weather of the day can now be read but the current server time and time until reset still is blank. I'll try to fix this still this week smile

Keep up the good work Seekers! smile

2019-04-02 03:09:47

hi aro. I notice when the screen reader reads equipments, whether my own or other seekers' on their profile page, it only reads out the item name. basically I understand that every equipment or item in the game has it's assigned item name? so what happens is that when u go through the equipment list of a much higher level seeker, u will see a bunch of item names and not what that item is. maybe this maybe be what is causing the confusion of the blind seekers like us. is there a chance that can be fix to announce the actual item name instead of it's number?

2019-04-02 13:20:38

currently I found one bug when you logout from tarvern screen reader do not read number of mood it keep reading about status only so this part should be fix either
I know you can fix it however I can fix by closing this tab still I think would be done on this part though
also thanks for trying to deal with accessibility user like us so we can enjoin the game than I expected

the bestest reward for people who are working so hard they should receive their experience of their own life.
everyone can collect in everyday.
:d