2019-01-16 07:06:31

I'm sorry if this post is a revisit of someone else's.
I was playing the game fine, had a Worm class ship, did some stuff, and was killed.
After that, keys basically didn't respond at all in piloting mode.
I even tried deleting the folder and reinstalling it, which makes me think it's a problem on the other end of things, as everything is stored locally in the folder, right? But I didn't change anything after I Died, so it shouldn't be different...
I love the game and really want to play it, hence my frenetic posting.

2019-01-16 07:28:51

In star trader i just opened the nabi and all planets belonging to a giben faction was listed with the distance from your location.

2019-01-16 07:52:43

Hey, I just want to say that I'm delighted to have a game like this at long last. smile I've wanted to play Elite or something like it for years, but never had much luck with it.

Thank you so much for your work on it, and I can't wait to explore what this game has to offer.

2019-01-16 09:26:10

I have been playing this game for a day. I am not sure what to do once I launch my ship.
Also I don't understand what the different selections are before you choose how you want to start the game. Can someone please explain to me these things?
Thanks.

2019-01-16 09:46:58

Hey Freeman! You created a truly addicting game! It is stealing a lot of time, haha.
I got two sugestions:
First what about something like a rescue-joob or even a rescue-ship-class. Or a rescue-upgrade. With this you can pickup emergency-signals from other ships. After you received a signal you have to navigate to the ship and use somekind of a tractor-beam or gripper to towing the ship to the next freeport or planet.
This could be a nice job in unpopulated sectors.

The other sugestion is about the "asking for directions menue"
Maybe it would be good to have an option to ask for the nearest system that you have not visited yet.
With this option it would be easier to explore the hole universe.

2019-01-16 12:43:25

Hi,
another Suggestion from me: A nice Addition would be to have, or can hire some People, robots or the like to build a Crew you can have. That could be something for bigger ship classes, but to have a Crew wich can help or assist in some situations could be cool as well if that is not possible already and I just haven't discovered it yet.

2019-01-16 13:33:41

the 1 thing i'd like to see is the character making their own mark on the universe. right now i don't see that the game allows for that.

2019-01-16 14:14:10

While there are lots of expantions that could be made to the game, the main thing I'd like to see at the moment is some actual reason to visit other systems, one reason why I thought the courier mode was such a good idea.
At the second you can pretty much just hop around the same sectors and make money, and while there is a huge variety of stellar objects, other than the special locations for missions there isn't a lot of point in exploring for the sake of exploring, since you can generally find rich resources or asteroid fields kicking about somewhere.

I would also like to see the cash worked out a little, in the later game, since currently as I can't complete that bloody mission I'm pretty much just grinding cash to get enough to buy a moon as that is something I've not done before.
While robotic miners are awesome, it'd be nice to get some more addons to your ship that facilitate making more money, EG cargo expansions, or maybe owning factories.

I also at this point am not exactly sure what more I can do with my ship, since the gecko is pretty damn awesome, and while there are a couple of bigger ships out there, even the anaconda doesn't seem as good.

Then again, I still have to work up enough kills to get to elite rank, assuming I can't solve the mission problem, so I'll still have plenty to keep me busy.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-01-16 14:38:35

i want to own a thargoid i always wanted one back in the elite days lol. is it my imagination freedom or do the thargoids release their thargon drones when attacked?

2019-01-16 15:19:11

Hi.
I have noticed any think so I think that it is a bug.
I have zero units of fuel, but I see that I still can fly.
I can not create a vortex or land but I see that my ship is moving.
My question I how it moves if I dont have fuel?

2019-01-16 15:35:55

That's normal. The fuel is only used to create hyper space vortexes.

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2019-01-16 16:00:26

that fuel is for hyperspace only.

2019-01-16 17:42:24

Well no luck with the missions but I'm now up to 302 kills, and am officially dangerous big_smile.

I wonder if I get to elite at 500, I also wonder which will happen first, earning enough cash to buy a moon, or getting elite ranking.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-01-16 17:50:04

if it's elite rank at 500 kills then that's probably a bit too easy if yu ask me.

2019-01-16 18:54:28 (edited by Luel 2019-01-16 21:49:07)

I became Deadly after about 500 kills.
Fugitives, beware!

Now I am wondering which ship to get, Gecko or wait until I can afford Thargoid.

2019-01-16 19:02:16

So I found a ... I'm not gonna call it a bug, because its probably doing what its supposed to do, but you can just hit x too many times and go clean out of the game. Could this be made not to happen? For example, stop working on the main menu?

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-01-16 20:11:12

i wonder though if the ranking system is dependent on the killcount alone or does it depend on the type of ship you kill?

2019-01-16 22:10:37

how do I defend myself in the game?
I keep getting fired upon every time there is a hole bunch of ships ganging upon me.
it's either that or the combat is harder.

2019-01-16 22:16:08

Yeah, that spawn rate is nuts and if you're in a moderate to high danger area, everybody is an enemy. Don't end up in like 5 or greater danger with 1 population, because ever new spawn is likely to be an enemy. I'd get down on my knees and beg at this point for the enemy thing to get balanced out. I'd do it myself, the source comes with the game, but the BBC basic compiler suite you need is like $40USD which I can't afford right now. What is it with basic languages that make them charge, isn't pure basic like $90 or so? Listen, C has been around for just as long and anyone can download gcc and start compiling.

Onto game news, I managed to get myself a better laser, the 800 credit one, can't remember if that's the pulse or beam. I can kind of cut through them now, but the fact this little cobra will, not, turn is an issue. I can fire stuff out though and hope to get their attention and come around and blast them.

Also, I don't know whether to classify it as a bug or just an oversight, but there is no feedback when the laser inhibitor is going on and off. I know it works, because it cuts out when firing on an enemy and another ship crosses the line of fire, but it would be good to have a sound for that, or just say on or off.

End racism
End division
Become united

2019-01-16 22:54:06 (edited by Luel 2019-01-16 23:01:24)

I stopped dying or having to replace armour constantly after buying the hull regeneration upgrade.
The only problem is that it costs 10000 credits and the equipment is lost after buying a new ship.

2019-01-16 23:03:19

@dark
Spoiler below!
_____
____
You can land on the ship with a thing you can buy before - it's pretty expensive and maybe you are thinking about getting it already. But after destroying the ship i'm rescued and lose my ship - getting a worm instead. Is this realy the only possibility to finish the mission beside dying at police hq?

2019-01-16 23:11:32

the hull regeneration unit does that regen armor as well or does it regen just hull?

2019-01-16 23:27:07 (edited by Luel 2019-01-16 23:29:03)

Just hull.
But I do not need armour anymore because most enemies die before they can hurt me seriously enough.
The only thing which can kill me is something in the corona danger zone.

2019-01-17 00:05:48

what ship do you have now then. am using a cobra with milatary lasers.

2019-01-17 04:59:10

I see no point to armor. You're constantly buying it, it seems like its just a waste of money. It doesn't even protect you that much, then its spent up. It's a resource you shouldn't sink your money into, just keep stuff to chuck out at them so they go after it and keep moving. If you see something like freeport beyond Jovian or beyond Tarran or whatever, do not fly through the planet's atmosphere, go around, you can sort of point at about a 45 degree angle off the planet and skip across it, then come about and line up with your station. The difference here is that at any time during this process, you're not mass locked like you would be in the atmo, so if something comes, you have options.

End racism
End division
Become united