2018-12-21 05:46:59

yaaay! it worked!

2018-12-21 06:15:02

cmerry wrote:

Hey Jonnyboy,
Could you possibly look into getting my stuff set up, like, rellatively soon? From what i can see, it seems like most of the others who baught domains like me, which is only ivan as far as i can tell, have already gotten there stuff setup, and since i put real money into this and since i currently don’t have the cash to invest in qs hosting or similar, i’d apreetiate it if you could set stuff up ASAP. Sorry if this comes across as bitching, that’s not what i’m trying to do at all, it just seems kinda wierd you’re setting up new customers and basically leaving existing customers in the dust, especially when said customers payed. Ok, i know most of that money was spent on the domain but you know what i mean, it’s still money. I’ve been trying to take my own advice up until this point, i guess just seeing people get set up within days of registering where as i along with a few other people have been waiting almost a month. Just saying.

Hi,
My recommendation is to contact qs-hosting at [email protected]. I have little doubt that they can work with your budget regarding plans and pricing. They certainly seem to have efficiency under control as my services were set up in literal hours, not days or even weeks, let alone a month. That is not what paying customers should be putting up with and I feel like there's favoritism going on here.

I'm also a little appalled at the interactions I'm seeing from Johnnyboy. Is that really how one runs a business? Cursing, swearing and laying blame everywhere but at yourself?

just my thoughts. Take them with a grain of salt.

Something something something insert canine related comment here

2018-12-21 08:57:07

timberwolf1991 wrote:

Hi,
My recommendation is to contact qs-hosting at [email protected]. I have little doubt that they can work with your budget regarding plans and pricing. They certainly seem to have efficiency under control as my services were set up in literal hours, not days or even weeks, let alone a month. That is not what paying customers should be putting up with and I feel like there's favoritism going on here.

I'm also a little appalled at the interactions I'm seeing from Johnnyboy. Is that really how one runs a business? Cursing, swearing and laying blame everywhere but at yourself?

just my thoughts. Take them with a grain of salt.

Hi, I honestly don't mean any favoritism when it comes to this stuff and if it seems like that to any of yall, I do truly apologize. I try my best and I'm learning here. Not gunna lie and say that I do everything perfectly, in fact we all learn from mistakes and if it seemed like I was playing favorites, that was not, my intention at all here. I had some stuff going on out side of business that had to take care of and was taking a break from stuff for a bit. Again, I'm sorry if if it came a crossed like that and hey, on the bright side, no one is forcing anyone to use jc-hosting. Not even me, I just provide a service that is affordable. and me, in general, I like helping people. Lol. yes, I may have my own way of doing things, but you know, I try to make everyone happy but realizing that it's not that easy. But there you go. Again, I'm sorry for everything. and post 48, check your dms on twitter when you have the chance.

Jonathan Candler, A.K.A, Jonnyboy

2018-12-21 12:05:31

Hi.
@ timberwolf, I didn't noticed favoritism on his side, I actually noticed only disconnection of the thingy or missing of constancy but come on, that happens us all most of the times. We do have troubles at home, at work and stuff and it happens, yeah.
Take care.
Mike

Take care.
Mike.

I don't play games as much as I wish, but you can know that it's me if there's a John Weed over there. Ha ha!

2018-12-21 17:58:03

Thanks jonnyboy, i replied to your DM.

2018-12-21 18:00:25

Oh and btw, @timberwolf, thanks for the tip regarding qs. I’ll definitely keep them in mind as an option.

2018-12-22 01:12:41

jc hosting is awesome! also johnyboy could you send me a pm with my db name, username, password, and table prefix... because it is not working!

2018-12-22 15:38:32

I am waiting like 24 hours now
and no respond to my email sad

2018-12-22 16:19:59

Hey, Johnny, question. I was checking out signing up earlier but didn't find an answer to my question and aparently my support email didn't send.

Am I able to get web hosting, then host a forum on it that I install myself, or would you support people be able to instal a forum or other site stuff?

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Jace's EA PGA Tour guide for blind golfers

2018-12-22 16:43:00

Well if you buy a domain you can do all that yourself, i think there might be a php bb install option in there as well but not sure since i use punbb. If you’re free he’ll usually be fine creating databases and stuff, at least he was for a friend of mine. Btw, loving the new servers.

2018-12-22 16:45:54

Oh and, speaking of forums, you guys might wanna look into getting one of those set up. Could be pretty helpful for sichuations like this, also since, ya know, not everyone uses twitter.

2018-12-22 22:10:17

Post 57, we are working on your database in a bit. Just doing some transfers over here for another person. And post 58, I'll look you up and get you setup. What did you go by when you registered so we can find you? And 61, Honestly, havn't really thought of a forum discussion, just wanna try and find the best one out there before we do shit. I know this is using pan PB, which is like pun, but I know that pun is pritty much out dated and don't like .php7 all that much which is what we are using. I'll have to look into this. I know how to setup one, because I done it before so there you go. Lol.

2018-12-22 22:19:05

@Johnny.

Just a heads up that I went on your site to register, and the support page is giving a cannot connect to DB message. Also, you may want to simplify the registration form. I don't get why you need *every* method of contacting a potential customer, it jumped out at me as sketchy asking for all my contact info, phone, Twitter, FB, et cetera. Aside from that and my question over can I do X Y Z with your stuff....yeah I'm definitely intrigued, but....

Also, another +1 for an oficial support forum on yer site, even if it's punbb

Also on Linux natively

2018-12-22 22:41:16

Jonnyboy1991 wrote:

Post 57, we are working on your database in a bit. Just doing some transfers over here for another person. And post 58, I'll look you up and get you setup. What did you go by when you registered so we can find you? And 61, Honestly, havn't really thought of a forum discussion, just wanna try and find the best one out there before we do shit. I know this is using pan PB, which is like pun, but I know that pun is pritty much out dated and don't like .php7 all that much which is what we are using. I'll have to look into this. I know how to setup one, because I done it before so there you go. Lol.

eemail
[email protected]

2018-12-22 23:25:42

post 62, thanks for replying, and good to know you're working on it. I can wait another few days. also can you delete the huge clutter of fluxBB installations on my site? winScp does not like them.

2018-12-23 01:26:23

62, punbb is actually working just fine over here. I got a bunch of depricated function errors when installing, but it did install none the less and now it’s working fine. I wouldn’t recommend panbb, main reason being language issues. A lot of stuff is still in russian or whatever, also judging from the tests a friend of mine did a few weeks ago, it doesn’t really support php7 the way it clames to. We’re on php7.2.something i think, it’s 7.3 which breaks stuff and even then, i’ve herd it’s still fixable if you know how.

2018-12-23 03:45:48

Omg the level of people not getting their stuff is atrocious and clearly indicates that this guy is *not ready* to be a web host. The topic was created to talk about issues. In post 3 JC, himself, indicates that they went through a migration. Of course, it is now obvious to me -- an was obvious to me quite a while ago -- that he clearly does not know how to do a proper migration. Considering that I just migrated a BSD server to a Linux server and all is working perfectly fine, and it took me less than a week to do it, and I even migrated a big database over too. So yeah, go for QS hosting, at least they know how to host things *properly* and will actually give you reasonable waiting periods. That doubly goes for those who paid for this; paid customers should *not* have to suffer this bullshit.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-12-23 04:23:41

@ethin
I'm planning of doing so, actually I went free because I have no money at the moment even though I'm freelancing, but I'm spending it on courses I'm taking and stuff. I'll rather wait till... I don't know, december twenty fourth. If it doesn't get set up i'll contact qs.
Thanks.
Take care.
Mike

Take care.
Mike.

I don't play games as much as I wish, but you can know that it's me if there's a John Weed over there. Ha ha!

2018-12-23 05:44:44

give him time. if you must have something hosted contact me about it and I'll use MY jc hosting until you get yours. I wouldn't want you to have to spend money when I and others didn't.

2018-12-23 06:44:06

@Post 68 (Mike),

We sent you a private message concerning your financial situation. Same with you, @Post 66 (cmerry). We definitely are willing to work with all situations concerning web hosting, pricing, and other concerns and/or inquiries about our services.
@Post 67 (ethin), thanks for the good word. We don't mess around when it comes to reliability and stability of a customer's service. Glad to know of your approval.

Best,

QS-Hosting

2018-12-23 08:43:39

@70, I thank you for the compliment. I admire reliability and stability of ones service, and the dedication one shows to it. I also admire those who ensure the security of that service as well. Those who fail to adapt to the modern age and do piss-poor migrations will suffer in the end.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-12-23 10:59:22

Hello at 63, thank you for your thoughts on this matter. Phone, facebook and twitter contact things are all optional. You don't even have to put them in. We actually may take out a couple of them just to make it a bit simpler. And sense noone hardly uses some of them anyways. When I coded that part of the site, I was just thinking of other methods of contacting and wasn't meaning anything by it looking like being a scam at all. Another reason is some people may want to be contacted by phone or twitter or stuff like that in case they don't check email often, but let's be honest here, if you signed up for something, I would think that that should give ya enough reason to check your shit right? Lol.

2018-12-23 11:31:32

Ethin wrote:

Omg the level of people not getting their stuff is atrocious and clearly indicates that this guy is *not ready* to be a web host. The topic was created to talk about issues. In post 3 JC, himself, indicates that they went through a migration. Of course, it is now obvious to me -- an was obvious to me quite a while ago -- that he clearly does not know how to do a proper migration. Considering that I just migrated a BSD server to a Linux server and all is working perfectly fine, and it took me less than a week to do it, and I even migrated a big database over too. So yeah, go for QS hosting, at least they know how to host things *properly* and will actually give you reasonable waiting periods. That doubly goes for those who paid for this; paid customers should *not* have to suffer this bullshit.

Wow. I'm sorry that I like to help people and the fact that you're trying to start something clearly doesn't help matters. and let's see. When all this migration was taking place, I was on vacation at the same time and doing other stuff. And where I was at, I had sucky net there and stuff like that. And to make shit clear, was on a laptop that didn't, have all my stuff that I use to do server shit on and didn't have time and was in a rush to get a person's stuff transferred over and dealing with a partially accessible terminal client at the same time. I would say this. If ya can't say anything nice, keep comments to yourself. I'm not here to start anything, but you're making me want to do stuff that I don't even wanna do right now and that's to report this post. This thread was to talk about issues that some people were having and I properly came on here and got info. I honestly wasn't even going to check the forums that day but I saw this post and that's when I started posting in here. For the rest of you, I thank you for your support and people choose to stay and some choose to go and that's okay. I do state that if you don't like the services I offer, that we'd take stuff off and help them transfer to whatever they wanna do. I actually did, when all this migration was taking place, offered one of my paid clients to qs-hosting but he said that he didn't wanna go for it and that's, also fine by me. qs-hosting and jc-hosting sound so similar that if I had to put them in to play on of words, that it sounded like that qs-hosting created this just, because, they're in a competition with us. People, I'm not doing it for the competition so stop thinking that in your heads. If you're making a web hosting company just to get back at another person's hosting company and to show them that you're better, yes, you may have stuff, but that has no reason to start something just because you wanna get back at another company. You should be wanting to be doing this shit for well, if your matters are money then sure, go for it, but don't go for it just because you wanna compete. I'm not buying that. Yes, I may have a long way to go, but that doesn't stop me from trying stuff out and seeing what works and what doesn't. A lot of what I know in sisadmin I was self taught in a lot of stuff so soo me if I didn't take any classes on this kind of stuff. Lol. hahahahahaha! Anyways yall have a good day and I would like this topic to be closed for mods who see this. Please for the sake of myself and others. If anyone else has questions, tweet us on twittter. I'm off today because you know, we Christians, Gods day of rest and I take that to heart. wink smile so there ya go. Hey, and I have an idea for qs-hosting if you all wanna take my advice, or leave it,. Some people may not feel like paying out right and, the only options out there are paid stuff for web hosting. How about, you make a try before you by sort of thing. I'm actually trying to help you out this time by making this offer appealing to you. You may get more customers if they like what they can do. Just my thoughts on the matter. Okay. Now I'm seriously gunna go.

2018-12-23 11:52:10

Post 68, we actually got your stuff setup a long time ago. Did you not get our email about it? I've sent you a forum email as well so you might wanna check there as well.

2018-12-23 12:19:09

@72:

You'd think, but...nope. It just seemed skeevy to me with all the news about data harvesting and such, and then looking into signing up and finding al the forms that (by the way,. it doesn't state anywhere those are optional. I got the impression since it wasn't clearly labeld, everything was mandatory, I'm not okay giving out my FB/Twitter/Discord/carrier pgeon's name tag/etc to a company when al I wanna do is sign up for hosting. You certainly can get why it may look skeevy to some people, right?

Also on Linux natively