2018-12-28 00:07:59

rory-games wrote:

@15: how absolutely rediculous! how, absolutely rediculous! omg omg omg i've never seen a post so ridiculous on this forum.

I have. The post directly above mine is simply nothing more than driveling nonsense.

There's a difference between being a hosting company and a hosting company that tries to appeal and appease to all markets without first taking prophet, security, and work required into consideration. None of which has been done by jc-hosting and therefore questions are being raised - questions that can't be answered in a manner that is satisfying to anybody.

I'm tired of people saying but I use it because it's free. Get what you pay for, lose everything. Learn a thing or two. Earn a dollar to pay for something that you value.

Something something something insert canine related comment here

2018-12-28 00:08:20

@125, what was so bad about post 15? They seemed to just be asking about how to go about server administration.

2018-12-28 00:13:53

deadPixel wrote:

@125, what was so bad about post 15? They seemed to just be asking about how to go about server administration.

I believe they were talking about 115. I could be wrong though.

Something something something insert canine related comment here

2018-12-28 00:19:00

@128,
Probably so. I don't see what was so pointless of it.

2018-12-28 01:33:54

I meant @115

2018-12-28 02:03:02

@130,
What do you see wrong with the post I made in post 115? I thought it was reasonable, just like all the other posts made thus far.

2018-12-28 07:27:02

I speak of the specific words "open your eyes" in post 15. opening one's eyes ain't going to accomplish anything for most of the community here, just saying.

2018-12-28 07:35:14

@132, you take things far, far too literally. Everything said thus far about JC-hosting and their bad practices is valid and undeniable (as evidenced by the fact that no one has stepped forth with logical and well-reasoned arguments to disavow them). If you want good hosting, actually earn some money for once and pay for it. Good anything is never free, and your putting your data, security an privacy at risk by going with JC-hosting. If you value your security so little, fine.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-12-28 10:28:29

@132, you are pretty funny. I'll give you that much. Its got style and snarkiness that's appreciable.
Post 133 pretty much summarizes it, however. Its a childish response because you want a destraction to the realities of an inefficient host. Its free, and that's cool, but behind the free, there are some asterisks.

2018-12-28 10:34:12

Oh you said snark? Fine, then....

@32: Actually,opening your eyes is still possible, even if it doesn't do anything. That's like expecting good support from a free host.

There *are* free hosts out there, but the good ones are like hen's teeth. And certainly not web host.

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Jace's EA PGA Tour guide for blind golfers

2018-12-28 10:39:15

@135, that's definitely some snark response.

2018-12-28 10:42:39

Er....@132 not @32. Missed a numbr, though......still applies.

Also on Linux natively

2018-12-28 19:45:56

hi
please fix my site it is megaser.jc-hosting.me

2018-12-28 22:29:17

ah, but what if some of us have been looking for a web host, finaly found a free one after 3 years? yeah, I know what I would do...

2018-12-28 22:58:37

Would that....by chance, be 'keep finding a cheap host'? I mean, no such thing as a truly free host.

Also on Linux natively

2018-12-29 03:11:27 (edited by braille0109 2018-12-29 14:31:54)

someone  on twitter suggested me to read this topic, and it was sure worth reading. now, what has to be said, has to be said. Johny was never professional, some of his tweets just straight up cross the line. and no, I don't care if it's your personal twitter or not. why do I not? because I see the same idea, even in this topic. professionalism was never your strong point. you have no issues cursing out people either. that's all cool, we just know where we stand. now what I really have issues with is more or less these people. around 40% of these peeps were JC customers, until QS hosting appeared. at that point, TC Johny, I'm off for good. Johny, with his lack of professionalism was good for years. maybe it's just me, but I think some of his x customers are bashing him a bit too far, given that they recommended him for years, and things seemed OK. plus, as you say, it's free. now if Johny is sick of his business, or no investment, why not just slowly and surely discontinue it? would be better than coming out here, and snapping. There is also a certain person, who has at least advertised QS hosting around 10 times. that's a bit too pushy, and if anything, if they really wanted it to grab attention, it could have been done in it's own topic. hell, since QS has it's own account (one of the highlights of this topic) they could have created the topic themselves. I personally never wanted anyone to host for me, I have no need for it, and was never that desperate. I kind of have the skills, and know people that do. if I was paying, which I can't, I would just get my own VPS, post 8 fucking nailed it. until then, I won't have my own anything. I will not rely on people to maintain my shit.

2018-12-29 06:03:49 (edited by Ethin 2018-12-29 06:04:30)

@141, don't you mean post 8? smile Or did you literally mean post 9?
The main reason I, personally, am bashing JC is because of their security and unprofessionalism. That, right off the bat, makes me distrust them, and I've *never* even tried them! If I go with any kind of web host, and refuse to host my own shit, I expect my stuff to be protected and secured as best it can be, even if such security is overboard and paranoid. That includes the secure delivery of passwords and the expiration of them, and requisite to change them, as soon as I log in; none of this "lets send all our passwords over twitter" nonsense.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-12-29 14:34:12

142. yes, my bad. I did mean post 9, and edited my  post to reflect my mistake, thanks for pointing it out. I can't speak to their security, but even their auto form NVDA remote and what not, always left me a little concerned. my issue is with those who were with Johny for years, and have now suddenly quit the business. not saying I defend him, I'm sure he did ask for some of it himself, but some of these people are taking it too far. perhaps with right reasons. but it was good when it was up for free. now it's not. smile

2018-12-29 18:30:47

@143, they probably had their reasons for leaving it. NVDA Remote isn't really much of a concern for me, honestly -- if someones dumb enough to post an NVDA remote key on twitter, they deserve what's going to hit them, since that's akin to handing your login credentials to the hackers who want to utterly destroy you. But the fact that he doesn't employ security, especially in 2018...

My Github