2018-12-12 16:31:10

So, i've sent requests for both a site and teamtalk server, twice for the server, and never got any responses. It's been 48 hours sense the site, and about 30 sense the teamtakl server, any ideas? or, if it's just broken, any other good places to host tt servers for free? and sites

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2018-12-12 17:26:04

I did the same, but I am waiting for more than a month, so...

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2018-12-13 17:37:49

Hello, I'm the main founder of jc-hosting and I'm so sorry that you have been waiting all this time for your services to get setup. We have been actively transfering stuff over to a new server because we had a major meltdown with our web server a couple of weeks ago and slowly are getting things back up and running again. We'll look at your info and if there's anything else we need from you, we'll contact you about it through the contact method you chose. We know that we had a shit tun of customers that have just signed up and we're aware of all of this and we'll get you all setup as soon as possible. Again, thank you and if you need anything else, email [email protected] for right now and we'll do our best to help.

Jonathan Candler, A.K.A, Jonnyboy

2018-12-13 21:19:43

Thanks, I apreciate that.

2018-12-13 22:39:34

i also requested wordpress installation in august still not there

Lamas with hats, but with sponge bob as carl Stay tuned.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvAUQt … subscriber

2018-12-13 22:47:30

Post 4, would you mind resending your details to [email protected] so that I can  get you setup. And 5, I think I knew somewhere that you have requested a database creation and if you requested a wordpress thingy to, we can also get you setup with that. Going to see about your domain and stuff sense you posted it here as well.

2018-12-14 06:57:04

hi johnyboy. basicly all i wanted to say was could you put up a teamtalk serve on my jc hosting, it is rorygames.jc-hosting.me which by the way I cant login to. good to see its getting back up though, I thought something had happened and I was like, oh no, do I really have to find a new web hoster? (I have been trying for many, many years now.)

2018-12-14 09:00:51

You all need to learn how to do all of this yourself. There is so much more you can do without having to wait on a particular person to set up all your services. And if you don't want to learn all that, you might as well get yourself a full qualified web host.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-12-14 13:39:44

at post 8, some people just don't have the patients to learn Linux and how to manage servers. that's why we're here. Just happy to help. and before anyone asks, no, we're not a fully qualified thing yet, just like helping people and this is the result. Yes, while it's easy for some, like myself because a grew up with a lot of that stuff, it may not be as symple as some of us linux administrators might think. There's a lot to learn, mysql, apache and that's just a tip of the ice burg. So before you go around and saying, oh you need to learn, while I do agree with your logic and I would love for people to learn server management as I do, ya may wanna try to think of some of the logic that some people either, a, don't have the money to get a server or don't have the ability to host off of a home network, oh wait, that's gunna shit the bed real quick. to bying a server to host things off of. And Okay. I'm not gunna lie, we use a control panel, but that's because we have customers who go in there and like to do things like add databases to their web hosting accounts and more and oh, need I say that I don't intend to provide ssh access? No. So, back to what I was going to say, I'm not making people use my services but it's there for people who want it. and most of all, we like to have a relationship with our customers as well. Hints why we're kind of a small thing. I do plan on adding things to do other things but we're kind of working on other things at  the moment so there you go. So anyways, rant, over.

2018-12-14 15:04:49

Not to mention that as far as free web hosting is concerned, this is really as good as it gets. Just about every free webhost has a very tight grip on controlling every aspect of your page to requiring a them to all this other crap, most of all not allowing ftp access which is essential. This does, however, and offers 5gb of space for free, and the paid plans are also extremely reasonable. And Ethin, you forget the fact that some folks are highly Linux-proficient yet are tight on funds and can't afford a server or maybe even a vps. And let's not forget that some ISP's will lose their shit if they catch you forwarding port 80 and 443 to a machine to host your server, and if you're on a metered plan you might as well not even try. So, while you're right in that some people do actually need to learn Linux, hell I agree completely, just because you know Linux doesn't necessarily give you a free pass to hosting a server, especially if you aren't in the states and are in a country that has shitty exchange rates with e-commerce.

2018-12-14 17:17:49

My email is:
[email protected]
I wanted a site and a tteam talk server, but I can not actualy remember what domain I wanted, I will look into that, if I saved it sommewhere lol.

2018-12-14 17:35:00

10 is right, if I could learn how to make my own servers, I damn well would, and if i had time and money oor it, I damn well would!

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2018-12-14 19:57:49

@12 What server do you want?

Mao!
--
TD programs website available under new address.
https://tdprograms.ovh/

2018-12-14 20:10:31

I'll be the first to admit that if you wanna to learn some stuff about linux administration, I'd be willing to teach some things. Linode has some cheep plans if you can afford it for 5 bucks a month. I have a test server that I run everything on before porting it over to our main servers and that's about as good as it gets without breaking the bank for me. Lol.I will say between my other job that I have as being a professional musician, this and college, things get quite dizzy but it's all good. and post 10, thumbs up from you.

2018-12-14 20:58:35

o? I thought it was a lot more expensive than that, what is it, coding? just knowing how to manage a server, I don't understand exactly what it is.

----------

2018-12-14 22:48:00

No, Digital Ocean has $5.00 per month servers too, which is damn cheap. And you don't need to have a server to learn Linux. All you need is someone who will teach you and a good VM infrastructure. And I haven't found a web host that I know of that "strictly control my page content" and "deny FTP access". Every web host (such as X10, but others, too) that I've tried have allowed FTP, there was one that even allowed SSH.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-12-14 23:10:14

Oh yes, Digital Ocean got some pritty good stuff as well and as far as ftp goes, we do offer ftp hosting, but that's included with web hosting.

2018-12-15 01:09:51

a few posts ago, I heard about adding databases to my account... how do I do that? could you do it for me? I'm totally not experienced with this stuff. I got the html down pat, but the server hosting? no no no.

2018-12-15 02:05:00

We can add your database for you. That's not a problem. email [email protected] and we'll figure it out.

2018-12-15 03:35:51

@Jonnyboy1991, if you want to become a true web host, then you'll have to go get CPanel and all that other jaz, and go through the hastle of setting that up. I assure you, it'll make your life a lot easier. And how about WHM, too, couldn't hurt.

My Github

2018-12-15 07:23:16

I believe if you buy a .com domain through them, they have c-panel come with it. Free webhosting I'm not sure of since that's a subdomain. As for websites not giving you ftp, I'm talking those sketchy drag-n-drop website builders like Weebly, webs.com, and all that other ungood stuff. Also while X10 does indeed allow ftp access, I refuse to use them because of their fineprint policies, such as the infamous clear/not so clear 10mb limit for uploads. So I wouldn't go throwing that out there as an option. Lol.
As for the poster talking about money to learn Linux? On the contrary. Learning Linux can cost you nothing. It's just deploying a server that could cost you, which is why services like jc-hosting are around and providing a quality service for either free or low-cost.

2018-12-15 09:07:11

@19: thanks so much! now I know why poster3000 wasn't installing on my website. lols.

2018-12-15 17:58:41 (edited by Jonnyboy1991 2018-12-15 17:59:34)

ehcp is what we're using for right now, been wanting c panel for a good while now and helped installed it on other servers too so it's actually not that hard to setup if you know what you're doing. The problem is, we're using ubuntu here for right now and porting shit that we have over to centOS, is a bit tricky at the moment, oh well, you learn and you make shit not happen the first time around. Lol. However, if we bought c panel, we wouldn't really be able to offer free shit now would we? hahahahahaha. Web hosting free shit would have to be toned down a bit and we wouldn't be able to offer the 5 gigs of nice starting disk space that people love so much. That's what makes us unique from other web hosting things. We use a different panel than mosts, and we have a different strategy that we do that makes us great. There is a panel for centos that I'd like to get my hands on and I'm helping out another person test. It's called centos web panel. It's free, but there's a couple of issues with it that I'm seeing that I'm helping with their tech team to make it all nice and  pritty. Database creation doesn't work per user account and we've been kind of on the ball with that for a bit. I think once we get to dealing with that, we may be able to port over to that. there's a payed version of that for like $11 a year and it comes with a bit more security and that's, what I don't mind paying to keep shit the same as it has been. It's like c panel, almost identical. I have access to a server that is running it and been playing with it for a bit and it's not bad at all. Also, installing that thing is like easy as cake and I do believe you can get WHM moduals for it too. You'd have to install it, don't come with it, and you'd have to by it, but I already have someone offer me stuff for it if I want it. Lol. But trust me, Porting over to stuff that we want will happen in the future, just, not now but we all learn now don't we? And what we have right now, people like. email accounts, databases manageable domains and a lot more. Sorry if this post comes off long but you see, being a server admin can't help but talk about all this shit. Lol. hahahahaha!

2018-12-15 21:50:43

Lol, I know what you mean. CPanel is a pain, though considering its a great panel.... especially with softaculus. Now that's a great little platform. I've tried all of the major control panels out there; most of them require stuff that I can't just manage like they want me to (i.e. DNS, email accounts and so on). And Postfix is an absolute bitch.

My Github

2018-12-15 22:16:50

Postfix is a bitch to setup in general. I had to setup a postfix server for someone from scratch a long time ago and that included, a lot of shit, that I don't even remember what I've installed to make it work, and that was a long time ago but I did get it to work, but Yeah, it's better if you get one of them panels to get shit setup for you and shit hosting wize. Yes, I have the ability to setup stuff and maintain shit myself if I wasn't hosting but only for myself but if someone, lets say wanted to add an email account to their account, that's where control panels are good for you. True, I can go in there and do it for people, but some shit is just better if people are able to do it with one click of a button themselves.