2017-10-30 15:44:17 (edited by Niklas 2017-10-30 16:06:59)

Another Thing you could watch are rituals and such of kults for the demons for example. And yet another idea, you could even be involved in a fight. For example, while exploring, you Encounter a Monster and have to fight it even yourself. That could be accomplished even with the actual structure, similar to the fights in gamebooks and for the attacs and such, you have to press certain numbers. Maybe turn based Events could that be, you simply haven't to end the turn manually. Such mini fights could happen in Caves, forests or Slums.

2017-10-30 19:44:01

Found another typo, sorounded him and said to him that he is a member of the rebels. Haha, in the throne room, if the hac appears because the magic apple is stolen, if you select 1 to give her the gold, there is something missing. It says just "you the gold"

2017-10-30 20:18:40 (edited by Niklas 2017-10-30 20:31:09)

And again some typos. BTW: I don't read the games texts but let them read out with the speech synthesizer, so I hope there's nothing wich I declare as typo and it isn't. Now two typos in the library: In the arena betting guide who says there are exceptions to this rule, the are for example etc. Thee may be a mistake. Another one is in how to make the best of mercs. It says he is a guide. I assume it has to be here is a guide. Okay, all little typos, but in such a massive game, the earlier you find them, the better I think. Ah, found another one in the northern guide, it says the near north is the closes, i think closest it means? Ofcourse, should you like it more, I can Email you with such typos as well, if you don't want that everyone can read mistakes. Should you want that, tell me and I'll do. But, for such a massive amount of text, with each update getting more and bigger, there aren't many typos, realy.

2017-10-31 01:03:45

And two ASCII bugs I found. If you request a knight to join your ranks in the throne room and if you talk to the leader of the shallow rock mine, the green skin mining company. And haha, a trubblemaker formed a bandit gang and promissed my dead, but I showed him what happens if he dare again. Hired a few mercenary groups and invaded the land of this fool but unfortunately i don't got the leader as of yet. But hey, it was a success. BTW: a book in the library gave me the idea that jungles could be even a cool thing wich can be explored in the future as well.

2017-10-31 13:29:30

Oh, and it would be good to have text for the goblin dances as well.

2017-11-01 12:31:12

A little suggestion: It would be cool if you, while exploring, could order drinks and food in some taverns as well in addition to all the other things you can do. And maybe some could have rooms for the night where you can rest and the game automatically saves there at this moment. This could be usefull in exploration, since you haven't to leave the lands you explore and it could be usefull if big expeditions come into the game. Another cool thing would be quest chains, with a quest and then some follow ups, for example for little stories to tell within the game and at the end you and your army could have kind of a boss fight were you fight a leader or something else with his group of helpers personally. If you like my idea with the little fights in gamebook style for example while exploring, one to one battles and could be even possible.

2017-11-02 09:40:48

I hope that wasn't to much reports and suggestions at once. *smile*

2017-11-03 09:35:47

Just another idea: It would be funny if in some Areas would be even Castles to explore.

2017-11-03 13:46:15

@Niklas, it's a lot to process but can't have too many bug reports, though I fear that half of this update literally has your name on it now haha

Last Free Version of Warsim (0.6.8.7) - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ewnm4cehswu6m … m.zip?dl=1
Steam version of Warsim (0.7) - http://store.steampowered.com/app/65954 … na/?beta=0
Itch.io Version of Warsim (0.7) - https://huw2k8.itch.io/warsim

2017-11-03 16:09:53

wow, awesome. Like I said, the earlier you found a bug and hunt it down, the better especially in such a big game. I am already excited regarding the upcoming update. Hope you like the other suggestions with the fights while exploring and maybe some of the other stuff.

2017-11-04 15:05:26

Haha, if there's enough in process for the next update, maybe you can overjump a few version numbers with that Hehe, just kidding.

2017-11-05 02:02:19

Hi.
I apologise this is a little later than planned, but I have updated the database entry for Warsim, read it here with more information and links to the Itch.io and steam versions of the game.

I  be picking up the on from Itch.io myself next week so I should be able to expand the description a little more, though if anyone would like to give a few pointers, particularly on the differences between the free and commercial versions I'd be interested to know, since it sounds like the game has had pretty gigantic amounts of expantion since I last tried it.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-11-05 15:03:23

as far as I understand, the free version is simply an old version wich don't gets the updates as well as gigantic ammounts of content. So the free version could be seen as a demo and if you want the most actual content and new big parts of the game you don't want to miss out, you'll have to buy the full version, wich is more than worth the money.

2017-11-05 15:14:19

I know the free version isn't getting updates anymore, however I'd be interested to know if there are any specific systems or entirely new parts of the game in the current commercial version that aren't in the free one.

That way I could say on the db page "the commercial version has access to x y z" which aren't available in the demo and thus will hopefully encourage more people to buy the game.

I know there are god knows how many updates and far more randomness in the parts of the game that are randomised which obviously makes a massive difference, but it'd be nice to say something concrete.

I also wonder how updates work with the Itch.io version, since I imagine that is the one most people will use being as steam is still a pain in the arse access wise, eg, does the game have an auto updater, or do you just download the new file from Itch.io with a password etc.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-11-05 15:58:28

For the more concrete differences between free and commercial, I think wastelander can say it better. Obviously, there are more features and areas to explore as well as expansions to existing ones. About the updates, if you buy from itch.io you get a order confirmation with the direct link to your purchase. From there, you can download the updated versions. You won't be disappointed I think, it's worth a try and the new content and features, not only the randomness and things to discover could be something you will like, I am sure.

2017-11-05 21:54:04

personally, I have no worries about buying the game at all, I'm just interested to know so that I can do a complete writeup for the db and hopefully interest more people.

Speaking of buying the game though, I'm running into a problem. When I use the buy now button on itch.io and have logged into my paypal account I get this:

Error Message
We can't process your payment right now, so please try again later. We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Paypal is working fine, but I have no idea what is happening with itch.io, rather disappointing since I was quite looking forward to seeing all the cool new stuff added to the game big_smile.

2017-11-06 01:37:31

Hmm, I haven't encountered this error. I would try it later, perhaps itch.io's servers had a problem. If it doesn't work, I am sure a solution can be found for you. Perhaps wastelander has an idea or could help with this.

2017-11-06 02:05:47

Okay this is rather crazy.

I went through most of the payment process for Code 7 (a game I might well pick up anyway once the Vi accessible version is out), and everything seemed absolutely fine including the integration with Paypal. So, whatever the issue is, it unfortunately seems to be confined to Warsim, which is a right royal pest.

2017-11-06 10:11:19

Hmm, this is Strange. Okay, maybe Wastelander has an Idea or could make an arrangement with you on this if itch.io doesn't work well. I can't be more helpfull here, since that hadn't happened to me as I bought the game a while ago.

2017-11-06 12:44:07

I just bought this game, and I got a .zip file that's about 50 MB. Upon opening it, I click on the .exe file, and this loud music starts playing. So loud, that' I can't hear my screen reader. I'm trying to use Jaws, can I use jaws? Do I need to use the Jaws curser? Would NVDA work better? Or, it says that this game is also available on steam, is there a key combination I need to  press to get it working for visually impaired people?
Thanks so much for any help you can give me.

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2017-11-06 13:38:17

I am using NVDA and it is working fine. You can turn of the Music by entering the Option Menu pressing two, enter and than 4 to turn it of. The rest of the Options should be self explainatory i think.

2017-11-06 13:41:13

Thanks. What about updates to the game? As I see, the game is still under development, so how will I get the updates when they are available?

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2017-11-06 14:02:36

Hi again,

When I press 2 in the main menu, it asks me for a name of the slot I want to load the game from. Are you sure it's two to get into the options menu? I'm not sure still not sure how to turn off the music, and my question still remains about the updates for the game.
Thanks.

2017-11-06 14:18:44

Okay this is really crazy, my credit card isn't working either.
I don't get this, since the payment for code 7 seemed absolutely fine and I know my Paypal account is working okay on other things, it just seems to be Warsim.

The only thing that occurs to me is that there is some sort of weird issue with trying to use Paypal in the uk to buy something from someone selling in the Uk, which is truly whacky and not something I've seen before but maybe it's an Itch.io thing, I did notice that there was no address field on the payment form for Warsim where as there was for code 7.

2017-11-06 16:32:45

Hmm, than I think only wastelander can help with the payment issue. @staindadict: Sorry, my mistake. It' not 2 it's 3 for Options. If you buy it from itch.io and an update is available, you have to redownload it from your order confirmation Mail. There's a direct link in it.