2014-04-29 12:58:39

This is my today's discover and this is fairly great game. I didn;t played anything like that before. Simply you are a blind swordsman who is trying to get his sight back.

you can play this game here:

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/636785

Some warnings:

Main menu and every button isn't labelled so use the mouse to click on these with jaws  / nvda.

Game is played with arrow keys or WSAD instead.

Left/ right or A / D - move left and right
Up or W: slash with your sword
Down or S: Block / parry.

That's it, you have story mode with with the levels and survival mode.

Nice  slashing!

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2014-04-29 14:02:04

Hi,

I don't even find a menu to click on. All I get is a flash object with one button, but it takes me to the homepage or something, not to the game.

2014-04-29 14:10:02

I have another problem for me nvda sees several buttons as blank obiects.
I am clicking on obiect which propably starts a new game but I can jot do any action, because nvda is blocking all in game commands.
I was turned off my nvda but I also could not did any action.
In the main menu you should find propably four obiecs from the left.
One of them is scoreboard, but it is so hart to exit out of this window.
I have a troubles with this game yet, but i think that buttons should be labelled if it is audio game.

2014-04-29 17:13:38

Hello, there are story mode, survival, credits and histores.
Use OCR there to click  in main meni. When playing, remember to click insert Space to play without any problems. After a level you must use NVDA revie's cursor and click on the last button on the right.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2014-04-29 18:53:50

I can't find a download link on this sight, or is it to play online? Please help me, can't download!

2014-04-29 20:17:54

It took me over an hour and a half just to get into survival mode using OCR and random clicking. After slightly over 983 attempts (I didn't start counting until I had tried 4 or 5 times) without a single successful Perry, I can say with confidence this game is 100% unplayable.  That's an afternoon totally wasted.

2014-04-29 21:06:57

for me ocr won't see the names of main menu, but I know where is needded option.
It is playable you should using ocr alot of times.
I am playing a store mode and I have to say, that it is great game.
Do not say that it isnt playable onymore, try and try and dont give up

2014-04-29 21:26:21

I can't even find the way to get it started. the best I can get is a button that says click to play and then an unlabelled button and version 1.3 displayed at the bottom. If anyone could explain it a little more... that'd be good.

Discord: clemchowder633

2014-04-29 21:47:22

I will do that.
Forst go to the heading where is the title of this game.
than go to the obiect and press enter on it.
After that click on the button which is lbeled as click here to start playing.
Than you should hear n introduction.
You can skip this by clicking sometimes on skip button which is labelled.
When you are in main menu press insert plus 7 until you hear somethink as document mode.
Go to the left part of the screen by pressing 7 on your numpad key.
after that go to right until you hear firs obiect, which is button or empty obiect .
First obiect is story mode, second is surviwal also some where is credits and option which shows you your high scores in surviwal mode.
I dont know where this options are, because ocr shows me only blan window.
As lirin said after every level in story mode you have to press the last button.
If you will die in story mode you can press control plus spacebar. It will restart the level for your next try.
If you still have some problems I can make a recording about this game.

2014-04-30 00:17:04

I don't know. I think this game is pretty awful accessibility-wise. I think version 1.02 was at least better since it automatically advanced levels (if memory serves right). Now you have to click a button between levels that's not at the same place for each level.

Its using some funky font so even though most text is white on black, it might be fooling a lot of OCRs.

When the game starts, the first thing to click on is anywhere in the top half of the window "Click here to play". Then if you want to skip the intro, there's a "skip" button on the corner at the bottom right. (Don't click "Skip" too many times or it will bring you to the Newgrounds front page!)

Then, there's a main menu. All menu items are flushed to the left. But the items aren't equally spaced. From top to bottom, they are

- Story
- Survival
- Achievement
- Highscores
- Credits
- More Games

I don't think "Survival" is advisable before playing any "Story" mode. And even "Story" is very difficult (seems to involve a lot of guessing for what you should do). I couldn't beat the second level without a walkthrough found in the comments. Still, instant death is quite annoying and I haven't gone past the fifth level (which requires 12 successfully timed actions).

In this newest version of this game, there are hints whenever you die. These hints that only show up as (non-selectable) text in the bottom left.

2014-04-30 01:05:07 (edited by stewie 2014-04-30 01:19:13)

The game seems accessible so far.

When you actually start the game note that distance is deceiving. You have to be extremely close to the enemy before attempting to block or attack. Generally within 1 to 2 steps.

If your using nvda and object review, in the menu the second button within the menu part of the flash object seems to be survival mode, the third being some kind of score/achievement thing.

One problem I'm having is that when attempting to play story mode, I can't use nvda to move the mouse to the button. For some bizarre reason the flash control is causing nvda to click outside of the Firefox window.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2014-04-30 01:38:00

I am clicking on the story mode with the OCR and it's working. I can't beat the 10 level, last boss, extremely hard but the game si FULLY PLAYABLE. Button mashing is totally wrong. Listen carefully and react, react fast enough.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2014-04-30 01:47:00

Doesn't look playable to me. I can't activate the click here to play button no matter how hard I try. Not to mention I have no clue how to get the mouse pointer there to even try and left click it. lol

2014-04-30 02:27:35

Ah I figured it out. I'm also stuck on the last boss.

When on story mode, at least with nvda, tab and shift the focus to the button then left click. It's annoying, but it is due to the fact that each level's button is in a different location, so visually it makes sense.

When playing remember that you are basically stationary and rotating in a circle.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2014-04-30 03:41:53

so trying to figure out this game too, can't find the play button either
all I see in the object is the title, version and a button which takes me to the games page of that website

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2014-04-30 07:12:45

I can't find this game on the website, I see persons voice acting and programming, but I can't find a download button or link on this website, can some one help?

2014-04-30 10:05:14

This is ONLINE GAME without any download options, if this can be downloaded noone will be stuck with these problems probably.

Hmm, what about the button to activate next level in the story mode, if you are moving with insert plus 4 and 6 it's the last button on the right everytime here.

You must click on the button with your mose cursor to actvate these sadly.;

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2014-04-30 11:22:08

Hi,
how do I beat the first level of story mode? the guy keeps running away.
Also,  @fastfinge, I have played some survival. It's a bit tricky but it's kind of cool. You have to parry fast, and it's all about timing. If you are familiar with mainstream game style timing, then you are all set. Read: Right as they are about to attack.

2014-04-30 13:39:29

I passed the first boss of story mode. now I dont no how to advance. I press all the buttons but nothing happens. and does it save my progress? because when i reenter story mode, I cant get it to start. i get it to tell me about the enemies on the road thing but cant advance passed that.

:D happy to help out with games and the like... maybe :D

2014-04-30 14:13:08

hi mojsior
yes please recording
thanks

2014-04-30 16:37:11

Hi,
So I've now gotten to the evil warlock! It was actually quite easy to figure out, each battle is basically a bos style fight where you have to figure out each enemies patterns.
Well, the warlock seems quite tricky to beat, spoilers below.
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
I'm not entirely sure what to do. You ahve to block fireballs, but the troble is some of them either come toofast or slow for you, and you can't get to them in time. My worry is that this game is going to rely on, basicallly, randomness to beat, which would be a real shame. Also, what's with the birds?

2014-04-30 18:33:58

Same questions as bladestorm. I'm still trying to figure out how to get the mouse pointer to go where I want it to to click that button.

2014-04-30 20:19:52

Wanna play this game too, but it looks impossible. lol

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2014-04-30 21:44:30

Ok a brief overview on how to get it working with NVDA:

When the page loads, unless yo uhave something along the lines of firefox's addblocker, you'll receive an advertisement. Wait for it to end. After that, the game's main flash object is enabled.
Move to the heading that has the name of the game, your looking for the very first flash object after that. To jump to this in nvda, at the heading press O.
Once the flash object is selected. You'll hear "pane", use nvda's object review to open the list of child objects for said pane (nvda shift down arrow) for laptop. Once done, move through the objects with the appropriate gestures until you see the button that says "click here to play". Route the mouse to the button with nvda  shift m for laptop, or the appropriate gesture for a desktop layout. I suggest reading your NVDA key guide or manual for any appropriate key gestures. After this a left click in any form will activate it. Saddly you can't skip over the cutsceen that follows.

The main menu:
The buttons are in order, left to right ignoring the graphics: Story Mode, Survival, credits, and some weird score/achievement thing. To activate any of these the process is achieved in the exact same way.

After selecting story mode, the button for each level is random. This is due to the fact that visually the levels are layed out in a certain way. Within this dialog however, tabbing will shift the focus to the button you are tabbed over. So you can tab, route mouse, then left click. This process repeats after completing each level. It is annoying, but at most it takes a few seconds to find the appropriate button.

The actual game
During the game, you are stationary and can rotate 360 degrees. Enemies will attack you from any angle. Obviously the enemies need to be nearly centered to defend or attack. The game is somewhat realistic about that, as you have leeway of about 10 degrees or so. Though the realism falls apart after you knock arrows out of mid air
and take on an army of men single handedly. As has been mentioned above the down arrow blocks or parries, where as the up arrow attacks.

2014-04-30 22:28:11 (edited by fastfinge 2014-04-30 22:29:45)

@stewie and others: that didn't work for me, at all. The flash Window was just blank, no matter what, OCR or no OCR.  The way I had to do it was by using the touch pad on my laptop, moving the mouse randomly, and clicking until I hit the right spot by trial and error.  I'm thinking this has to do with what versions of flash/firefox/NVDA/Windows people are using? The assumption that people are stupid and haven't read the manual for the screen reader they use is unhulpful and unappreciated.