2024-03-22 03:10:17

Hi all.
Does anybody know of some good monopoly games that I could download?
I have PC, IOS and android, so any of these platforms will do great.
Good quality sounds and offline playability is a must, I already know of RS games but that's internet based correct me if I'm wrong.
Many thanks.

Though our eyes may fail, our ears prevail!
User Karma, every little helps

2024-03-22 03:28:15

You can try jim kitchens monopoly. The other one i think is called monopoly world. Both these for pc.

2024-03-22 04:20:18

It looks like monopoly planet may be lost media. The links are dead and it's not on audiogames archive

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2024-03-22 04:45:37

I might still have it. Will upload later if so. Its one of those games I decided to save in case I got a new pc lol.

2024-03-22 06:51:11

here is monopoly planet. I accidentally turned off the screen reader after deleting the original zip, so if you run this and its working, don't turn it off without knowing how to enable it again. If it doesn't work, maybe try to ocr and let us know, otherwise just go all the way down and press enter to close the game. W and s are to move up and down, and menus don't wrap.

2024-03-22 07:46:58

@5, OCR  only get the information on the desktop, haha,  also it's a quick rgame

2024-03-22 12:18:00

@6: did screen reader work for you? If so, how do I get to it so I can turn it back on?

2024-03-22 12:40:17

@7, i can not get any reading even my NVDA is on, maybe we need to  adjust the settings, but OCR does not work

2024-03-22 14:22:18

I can confirm renaming the settings folder to something else also does not re-enable the screen reader.
I have also noticed though that the nvda dlls are not located in the monopoli folder, could this be the issue as well?

2024-03-22 15:05:14

Is RS games stil around? I really liked the rendition of it on there with all the sFX.

2024-03-22 16:28:48

It is, but I'm not sure how popular it is any more or how much longer it will even be a thing.
They haven't done anything for two years at this point.

2024-03-22 17:53:14

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll look at getting them now smile

Though our eyes may fail, our ears prevail!
User Karma, every little helps

2024-03-23 02:15:59

Guys, I have wonderful news! After a bit of tinkering, I was able to get the screen reader working again. Before I share the link, a few words of warning so you dont accidentally turn it off again. First, leave the screen reader engine on default. Switching to nvda killed it for me, and I don't have jaws so I can't test it. If you want to try switching, press enter on the one you want and press one of the arrows to dismiss the pop-up and you should be back on the option to change engine. Enter on that and default should be on top.

Lastly, the default speech volume is 100, but there's no left right slider. If you hit enter here, you will set it to 0, so just keep hitting enter to raise the volume. I'm going to assume speech rate operates the same way. If worse comes to worse, you can actually edit the screen reader.luna file found in build/data/settings using a file editor like notepad and set the values manually.

Thats it. Here's hoping we can find the creator somehow, or have the link fixed on the archive. Til then, here is a zip of the game properly named and screen reader fixed.

2024-03-23 07:28:57

sadly, I supous that we won't be able to make new maps

i am the best bread in the world.

2024-03-23 20:05:53

@KenshiraTheTrinity have you tried putting the nvda controller client dll files into the monopoly planet folder(s)? I am wondering if this could fix the NVDA issue. I'll grab the new zip now, and I'm also genuinely thinking you should try submitting this to agarchive if it's working so this doesn't become lost media again.

2024-03-23 22:06:55

@aaron: I tried putting the controller client in various folders and nothing. In my first upload, it was already set to nvda, and there is already a copy of the controller client in the lib folder in data, so I think its the code. Its spitting out errors in the log as a result of switching, but I can't make sense of it. How do I submit this to the archive? I don't see a submission form or upload link on the audiogames archive page.

2024-03-24 20:05:51

Hi folks,
In monopoly planet, I discovered we're actually using Kenshiro's player. Do not delete player.dat, you will make the game freeze. I actually do not know if there is a way to completely start this game from absolute scratch.