2020-11-05 12:20:57

Hi there everybody!

Firstly, we've just rolled out a new build, it will be active on iOS by tomorrow night. We've also just rolled out a new Android build, again it should be available shortly and will make the game compatible with more devices. The update includes two new thugs to take on, and a couple of small changes to make the game slightly easier, as well as a 'wrap around' menu, as suggested.

Now to specifics, in order to dodge you swipe to the left or right side of the screen. If you hear a punch coming to the left hand side, swipe to the left. If you hear it to the right, swipe to the right.

Make sure you have any accessibility features turned off, as this game does require them and they may interfere as some players have found.

We can't wait for the full launch tomorrow, we'll be launching the PC and Mac versions then. If you could tell your friends about it, we'd be hugely appreciative. This has been a huge amount of work for us and a success here could seriously help the company, as well as speed up development of A Dusklight Story.

All the best
Harry, Connor and Jordan.

2020-11-05 14:41:51

Nice update. I have told one of my friends about the game. I love the soundscape in the game. Keep it up.

2020-11-05 17:23:31

@slj so they are buttons? I thought i had to swipe left and right lol I guess that's what I'm doing wrong

follow me on
twitter
now go away, don't talk to me

2020-11-05 17:37:27

Hello Harry.
I installed on my android, a redmi note 9s and the game starts to choke the sound after loading, making it impossible to play.
When I started a new game I couldn't do anything.
I even activated the turbo mode but without success.
What to do?

2020-11-06 00:15:32

Hello. Thanks for the release. I can't wait. So will this be the full ep for tomorrow? Also, tell Applevis, please.

2020-11-06 02:33:58

wow!
wow!
amazing!

thanks!

meet the eternal legend, accessibility group for games and applications in Brazil. main group to bring accessible games to the blind.
official website    
our discord server
youtube channel

2020-11-06 08:08:57

Hey there everybody!

@animal metal, you are required to swipe for the peripheral enhancer, it doesn't use buttons.

@Diego, sorry you're having issues, I'll look into that for you later today.

@Erick, this is the full release, the update that was rolled out today adds a little more content, and we'll be updating the game as we go, but fundamentally the game is finished. We'll certainly be telling AppleVis today!

@Azure, thanks for your support!

2020-11-06 08:23:29

Also, just to let you all know, the PC version is now available! - https://www.purplejamaudio.com/product- … e-pc-64bit

All the best
Harry, Connor and Jordan

2020-11-06 09:25:47

Hi.
I look forward to try out the new version.
I thought the dodge feature used buttons. Lol.
Any answer to my previous question about the compass and navigating around in the game? I always bump into the walls, and don't find any sound sorces to track.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2020-11-06 15:25:33

Hi SLJ!

Be sure to get the latest version, we've made things a little easier in the most recent build, as regards the compass, using south and north should head you in the correct direction wink.

All the best
Harry

2020-11-06 15:50:47

hello, there, i got a little problem, i bought the game and stole it, open it, and it seems the game is not optimized for my device, just yet, it does like, i mean, it throws me out of the game, wow, i will keep wearing and i will not refund my purchase.  the beginning music, seems very promising.

2020-11-06 15:56:13

Hi there Sam, what device are you using? I'll look into it for you.

All the best
Harry

2020-11-06 16:08:03

also, i'm having an audio error.
I open the game, audio is fine.
It loads, then when it starts in the main menu, the audio gets extremely staticky and same when i move in the menu.
Is there anything i can do i want to play this.

2020-11-06 16:15:22

it is

PitchBlack wrote:

Hi there Sam, what device are you using? I'll look into it for you.

All the best
Harry

HUAWEI Y6 Prime 2019
Model 
MRD-LX1F

2020-11-06 16:18:20

ok, sorry for the double post, i fixed it.
If you go in to compatability options, there's a check box, to put the screan in a certain resolution, hit that and your good to go.

2020-11-06 16:43:20 (edited by queenslight 2020-11-06 17:06:08)

Running Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 (OS Build 20241.1005)
, I am having no luck starting the game (even when checking that resolution checkbox.

I Trenton ain't giving up though... I'm truly happy that I purchased it!

Update!

I think a restart may have fixed the problem. Not sure what was going on with my thinkpad X240 there... All should be good now.

2020-11-06 18:08:03

@PitchBlack, how will we get PC game updates without buying the game all over again? an example of this would be audio pong for me. I bought the game a while ago but didn't get the endless mode. then when I got it on my new pc I had the endless mode cause the new version came out at that time. so that is basically my question. how will we get game updates?

I love audio games.

2020-11-06 18:41:01

@PitchBlack
Just bought the game and happy to support you guys!
Two questions though.
1.  Are you planning on releasing the PC/Mac version on other platforms like Ich and Steam as well?
2.  Does this game have any graphics?  If so, how in depth are they.
Thanks!

2020-11-06 19:10:29

@defender, these games do not have grafics. none of their games do. at least don't think so. but dd's intro tells you it doesn't when you click new game.

I love audio games.

2020-11-06 21:33:43

@sethgamer
Gotcha, thanks.  Also, to your question, I assume they would send it out via the same email that you used to make the purchase.

2020-11-06 21:51:29 (edited by Honk 2020-11-06 21:57:37)

So I will not read through this thread just yet because I don't want to spoil myself. But I will just give a quick feedback that might be helpful for you people or Purple Jam or no one... Either way.
Just listened to the first five minutes of gameplay at Liams stream. And the game already hooked me with its great sound design, solid voice acting and cool cyber punk / film noire aesthetic and humor. I will buy this one, five bucks are definitely worth it even if the gameplay wouldn't hold up.

Also glad that Liam will not play the whole thing through just yet. I think Purple Jam deserves to earn some money on this one imho. If nothing else other to build some trust towards the monetary side of the audio game market.

Edit:
Is their studio even called Purple Jam? Maybe I'm mixing up something here. I know next to nothing about Pitch Black yet, I will need a couple days to catch up tongue

2020-11-06 22:34:53

Well, I think I finnished the game but to be honest I am happy I payed 4 us for it and not more.
So my review.
Nice ambience and story.
Move about.
S
p
o
i
l
e
r
Try to get the peg leg early.
At least thats what I did at first.
Find the drugs guy, the girl with the weird tech and well give you jacket to the robber.
Next you are supposed to get into the club I guess but you find the boss, bash him up, and his thugs but there either is 1 more or there is no happy ending.
Other scenario, find the boss and beat him up.
Peg leg becomes sttationary and will kill you if you get to close.
Then again, unless these are the only 2 endings in the game and unless there is more I'm deleting this.
Seriously all the dusklight games were interesting to play but once played they are not much.

2020-11-06 22:49:22

Well what do you expect, they are just parts of the actual story-plot and everything.
Anyways I bought it, the price's fair, and I can't wait for the full release!

I choose to be happy

2020-11-06 23:23:44

have to agree with post 172. But I can understand. They are working on it and updating it. So I don't know.

2020-11-06 23:54:37

Oh so this is only part?
Ok that makes sence.
How do we get updates.
Or do we buy extra parts as they appear.
I think I understand this now if its an episodic thing, in that case this reminds me of an interactive radio serial.
Now I want the next part.