2020-08-20 16:14:10 (edited by PitchBlack 2020-11-06 09:08:31)

Hey everyone! Just thought I'd let you know we've got a new game launching in a few weeks, final launch date TBC. It's one we're really excited about, we don't want to give too much away but it features a couple of mechanics that will show up in A Dusklight Story too. With game play that'll give you a little taste of what to expect from that. 

In it you play a detective searching for his missing love, whilst battling crooks on the mean streets of District 5, all a few hundred years after A Dusklight Story is set. The first trailer just launched which'll give you a good idea of the tone. We'll be following this up with a couple more trailers and a little gameplay walk-through from Connor prior to release. As with all our games, it'll be available on PC, Mac, iOS and Android and on sale for $4.99. 

https://youtu.be/LV6ra3CgVdM

*EDIT* The game is now available on the App Store, Play Store, and on PC through our website, with a Mac build coming next week.

iOS App Store: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/a-detecti … 1537231967
Android Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … ivesDemise
Windows (64bit): https://www.purplejamaudio.com/product- … e-pc-64bit

All the best
Harry, Connor and Jordan

P.S. Hope you're all enjoying Sounds Of Eden, the 'strategy' update is coming soon.

2020-08-20 16:19:12

What types of controls are they? Turn-based? Text? First person? Very excited

Is this the real life?
Or is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide,
No escape from reality

2020-08-20 16:21:17

First person! It's a fully binaural (3D audio) experience. On PC/Mac you'll use simple keyboard controls. On the phone you'll use a virtual joystick, which is positioned anywhere on the screen that you touch, as well as a couple of swipe based actions.

2020-08-20 16:24:56

You guys are awesome

Is this the real life?
Or is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide,
No escape from reality

2020-08-20 16:48:35

hey. This is cool. Looking forward to it.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2020-08-20 17:06:30 (edited by Talpaiute 2020-08-29 11:41:58)

It would be great if you added an NVDA readable text option for the actors' lines.
I have edited this post.

Start of signature: I'm using a translation app.

If you like this post, please press the appropriate button.

2020-08-20 17:49:51

Link from first post not work. please post again

2020-08-20 18:47:08

Just to translate what @6 said:

"It would be great if you added a text that can be read by NVDA to the actors' lines."

For any audio game with such detail, wouldn't that be more time consuming than not?

2020-08-20 18:47:12

Thanks for the heads us Milos, we forgot an apostrophe and had to re-render the video.

All the best
Harry

2020-08-20 19:01:40

Hi,

I enjoyed the Trailer and am Looking Forward to the game.

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2020-08-20 19:08:48

I really hope there is an endless mode to this.

2020-08-20 19:11:29

if there are dialogues, could you please duplicate what the actors say for nvda. let's say you press a key and it reads what was said

2020-08-20 19:33:02

Fantastic, I'll be looking forward to trying it.
There's a lot of details about the dusklight world I've been waiting to find out, so a chance to explore it will be great.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-08-20 22:33:01

Hi.
Sounds awesome. I don't get much out of the trailer, but I look very much forward to hear more about the game.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2020-08-21 11:55:12

any plans for gamepad support? Would be nice to see that.

But sometimes the world is better without sight...
Because You can see the world how it really is...
Dark.

2020-08-21 12:00:36

These side projects are definitely cool and help flesh out the world, but I thought that the main hurtle of finishing the game it's self was the focus?
You guys have given your self a pretty big task with Dusklight, not to mention promised quite a bit and raised allot of money.  I just wonder why what essentially seems like DLC/spinoff games are being created before and not after the main story is safely finished.
Sorry, I don't relish being such a skeptic and I genuinely do enjoy these games, but past experiences make me fear that these are distractions or money traps  which could end up negatively impacting the schedule/completeness of the main title.

2020-08-21 13:35:43

Hi everybody!

Glad there's some excitement building, we're loving working in this sci-fi noir genre, it's a lot of fun.

Game-pad support is certainly doable, we'll look into it, is there a big demand for this kind of support?

As regards finishing the main game, I don't want you to worry. We're always working on the main game in tandem with these side projects, and the main game will be all the better for us getting feedback on these smaller projects.

From a development perspective, these side projects push us into slightly different areas and allow us to try out new ideas which then feedback into the main game. For example, for Sounds Of Eden we developed our own footstep system because it had specific requirements, which turned out to be a significant improvement on the one that was in the main game, we've now been able to implement that new system in to the main game. Audio Pong pushed us towards creating an online leaderboard and a menu system, that experience and code can now be implemented into the main game for a few online features. The code in A Detective's Demise that manages the little fight sequences wouldn't exist if we had not been pushed to make it for this short story. That code will now feature heavily in the sewer level and other places of the main game. There are countless examples of this and means that the main game will be a culmination of the most enjoyable parts of these smaller releases.

More broadly speaking, being able to release and promote smaller games increases our following and back catalogue. It develops trust in the company, which is vital considering the cost of the main game, and most importantly, pushes the genre of Audio Games forwards through new experimentation and consistent releases.

I hope that sets your mind at ease, these releases certainly aren't distractions or money traps, and contribute to rather than detract from the completeness of the main title.

All the best
Harry x

2020-08-21 18:21:02

I saw the video before the topic was released! I am already subscribed to the channel of the first game!.
laughs.

excuse me
English is not my native language.
may the sun and moon be with you!

meet the eternal legend, accessibility group for games and applications in Brazil. main group to bring accessible games to the blind.
official website    
our discord server
youtube channel

2020-08-22 03:21:20

@Harry
Thanks for explaining, that makes allot of sense now and I'm glad that so many lessons have been gleaned from these games.  Sorry if I came off like a jerk.

2020-08-22 03:52:49

Awesome! Can't wait to try it! Thanks for all the great work!

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2020-08-22 09:01:02

@Azure, thanks so much for subscribing. We'll be back on track with getting the developments vlogs out as of next week!

@defender, not at all! I appreciate that there was a lot of hype around the main game during the Kickstarter, and now that we're also releasing other projects it can look as if that has taken a back seat, but I can promise that's not the case, it's all part of the master plan to make it the best audio game ever made smile.

@Jeffb Absolute pleasure! Glad your digging the releases!

2020-08-22 17:58:12

I’m sure this is been said somewhere, but I just can’t remember at the moment. When is the main game scheduled to come out?

Is this the real life?
Or is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide,
No escape from reality

2020-08-22 19:15:55

Hi Jimmy

Main game was originally planned for the end of October, due to COVID 19 hampering work flow we're now aiming for end of November for Kickstarter backers, and then early February for general release.

Cheers!
Harry

2020-08-31 12:44:16

Hey everybody! The 2nd trailer for A Detective's Demise is up, with a bit small bit of game play coming later today.

https://youtu.be/XRjlVhDZaok

Hope you dig!
Harry

2020-08-31 17:09:43

Hi pitchblack! I watched both of the ¨trailers and I love them both. I look forward to this game. What platform will your games be released on? I don't remember exactly where this game will be released on.