2020-11-11 14:25:35

Hi,

@Connor142: Yeah, that would have been great. Could this still be implemented with an update?

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2020-11-11 16:20:41

Hello Harry!
The problem may be the use of memory, but old phone problems are not entirely true.
As I said, I have a redmi note 9 s, launched in 2020, with 6 gb of ram.

2020-11-11 22:04:32

thanks for explaining, and by the way, i'm not too surprised about that, because i sound like, it consumed 799 megabytes of ram. and my room is 2 gigabytes, so i'm sure that is not enough.

PitchBlack wrote:

Hey there!

@Diego and @zargonbr, still working on getting the game running well on older phones, the cause of the issue is the amount of audio that loads once you enter the main area, and older phones don't have enough ram to stream all that lovely uncompressed audio. Thankfully my phone is quite an old Android so I'm using that to test any issues. I'm hoping to get an update out by the end of the week that solves the problem for you.

@defender, my other job for today is coding a new fighting mechanic concept, depending on how well it goes we'll launch one of our concept mechanic videos on it next week and get some feedback. Once the mechanic is decided, we'll be implementing it in an update into this game. Which I hope if exciting for anyone who's picked it up!

@mata, A Dusklight Story is the largest project we're working on, it's been in development since around March of last year, and we did a Kickstarter for it in October last year. It'll be the culmination of everything we've learnt from our smaller releases so far as well introduce a lot of new ideas. The plan is to release episodically initially, for those that backed the Kickstarter each episode will obviously be free, then for PC and Mac we'll launch a version of the game that includes all episodes. We're hoping to get the first episode out at the start of the new year, but we've learnt from our releases so far to take a 'done when it's done' attitude and not rush out a product that's unfinished, so it may be further delayed.

Will be checking back here regularly to answer any other questions, and thanks again for picking up the game everybody!

All the best
Harry

2020-11-12 09:40:11

@PitchBlack cool that you've already experimented with having some audio indication when nearing walls. You say you've used "reflections". does that mean you reflected sound off the wall? if so although that would introduce some subtle realism , that I would imagine might not do the trick. Please Consider instead my white noise idea. I anm imagining a homogenous ocean sound, like when poring sand. alternatively, maybe muffling ambience might work.

also one thing I forgot in my last post is that I feel like the transition from normal mode to listening mode is a bit slow for my taste. Ideally, I would want to switch into it very quickly, hear my target, then come out of it and move a bit, then go back into listening to get a sense if I am going the right way. For this it the transition felt too sluggish. I would make it twice as fast. Possibly this could be toggled by a setting.

2020-11-12 10:50:45

I also support Connor's idea. I actually wasted far too much time this way; standing just where I thought the door might be, waiting for it to open, then trying to dash through. Took me a bit of repositioning and thinking I might just be bumping into walls before I finally gave up and realized that nope, no hidden things to be found here.
The main reason why it would be cool is because it would actually require a conscious decision on the part of the player. All the dialogs you can encounter are fun, sure, but they are mostly encountered at random. They do seem to appear at similar places each time, so you can memorize them eventually, but when you're new, the trick is just walking everywhere and hoping you stumble upon something.

Yes, I definitely left the forum. Mhm. Why would you have any doubt?
Code 7 tips: https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/4010 … or-code-7/
Don't forget to be awesome!

2020-11-20 21:28:50

man, buying this game was a total disappointment.  the game has not been updated, it still keeps crashing on Android devices.  I think the iPhone version is working without a problem, while the Android version has it all, which I think is kind of weird

once upon a time, a beautiful little girl who wore a beautiful red hood.  while she was passing through a forest, she was killed by Captain America.  The end...

2020-11-21 06:02:59

thinking about it, the game may be a loads everything at once, that's why i kept crashing, i think.

2020-11-22 22:10:47

Hey there everybody! We rolled out an update to android devices last week, but some are still having issues loading the game. We're still working on getting a fix sorted, the update will coincide with the update of the new fighting mechanic. So hang tight! We're doing it as quickly as is possible.

Thanks for your continued support.

All the best
Harry

2020-11-30 20:08:34

strange, the latest version is 0.9, Updated at
November8  2020. Android 5.1

once upon a time, a beautiful little girl who wore a beautiful red hood.  while she was passing through a forest, she was killed by Captain America.  The end...

2020-12-07 18:34:09

Hey there everyone, we've had the great honour of being nominated for 'Best Game' for the Apple Vis Golden Apple awards. If you enjoyed A Detective's Demise, it would mean the world to us if you could vote for us via this link:

https://www.applevis.com/blog/cast-your … pples-2020 

We're working on that combat update everyday, can't wait to show off the new system!

All the best
Harry

2020-12-07 20:58:06

hello there, i recently bought a new android phone and it appears that the game works, very, very good on the new one, this one, however, the cpu of it is weak, so of course it can not handle too much dead and one.

2020-12-07 21:03:25

I voted for the game already!

I choose to be happy

2020-12-09 06:19:23

I am wondering two things. How long is this game?
How do you know where to go?

2020-12-09 07:11:17

@cyco The game is pretty short. Even after replaying to hear the other ending and see if I'd missed any more people (and stubbornly try to get into that club; spoiler, you can't), it took me only a good 20 minutes, half an hour at most.

You have an audio enhancer and a compass. You won't get lost, don't worry.

Yes, I definitely left the forum. Mhm. Why would you have any doubt?
Code 7 tips: https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/4010 … or-code-7/
Don't forget to be awesome!

2020-12-14 19:16:17

Hey there everybody! Here's me (Harry) talking about the new combat system that'll be the main feature of the upcoming ADD update, it's been quite the undertaking!

https://youtu.be/sAv3oNKBxtQ

Merry Winter everybody!
Harry, Connor and Jordan

2020-12-14 19:28:42

Can't wait to try this out. Slightly off topic, but will the app be available on the Mac App store, or has that plan been abandoned? I can say that it's a lot easier to purchase from the app store if one can persuade someone to  purchase you a gift card. I would love to be able to play this on my Mac.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2020-12-15 05:47:46

@PitchBlack
Wow! This is fantastic news!  It really seems like you guys took this very seriously and I appreciate that allot.
To be honest I was expecting only a small improvement, but this is significant and I think it has serious potential to improve general opinion about your company and games from more experienced players.

Don't get me wrong, your reputation wasn't bad per say, but it was easy to tell that people were cautious given the big claims and past experiences with more mainstream studios.
Obviously there are still some points of contention like the level of difficulty/variety for Dusklight's puzzles, the trend set by the mechanically simplistic (if  sonically impressive) games released so far, or the somewhat inconsistent level of voiceover quality, but this is a big step forward trust wise.

I'm certainly excited to try this system and I commend everyone who helped make it a priority and spent the time and brainpower to really flesh it out properly and give this gameplay element the attention .it deserves.

2020-12-15 13:14:06

I don't know, I think I just lost my money with this game.  even more so here in Brazil, where the game was more expensive than the blind legend.  it was better to have waited to catch the a heros call or the dreany train.  even more than I could enjoy the game.  I think it will be very difficult to have many audio games for a top ten at the end of the year ...

2020-12-16 23:30:49

Mate, chill.
It wasn't even the full game yet

I choose to be happy

2020-12-18 15:40:36

cyberpunk 2077 was released with several bugs, but still came complete.

2020-12-18 18:40:22

So did this one, it was just really short and also the first chapter, which they told everyone.
I'm sorry you spent money you didn't really have, but you should have been more careful rather than blaming the devs.

2021-01-25 15:05:05

Happy new year everyone! We're really excited about the progress that we're making on our upcoming title, Pitch Black: A Detective's Demise.

We just wanted to update everyone that we've just released a competition for community members to feature in our upcoming title, we really would love for you to enter!

Competition Premise.

All you need to do is create an audio soundscape for one of the following concepts. This means you need to sound design an environment relevant to one of the given categories, just like we do for our games!

- Futuristic World (Sci-fi Elements)
- Industrial Factory (Gritty Feel)
- Jungle (Heavily Natural Feel)

We really want individuals to get creative with this. We feel we have an amazing strong community, and we’d love to see what you have to offer. As you’ll be aware all our audio is binaural, so if you want to go the extra mile and create a binaural soundscape, this would be very impressive!

What Your Need To Submit.

Once you’ve created your soundscape, all you need to do is submit a bounced stem of the final mix.

Submit the file via a link
with the header “Sound Design Contest Submission”
to [email protected]

If you’re chosen as a winner, we’ll contact you about collecting your stems used, so we can implement them into the game!
When/Where Will The Winner Be Added?

The winner of the competition will be added to the city level of “Pitch Black: A Dusklight Story Episode 2,” which will be released November 2021.

We’d like to thank you all in advance for all your incredible submissions, we can’t wait to hear what our community and beyond is capable of!
Purple Jam.

2021-01-25 15:30:46

i thought this game had already been releaased it's on IPhone isn't it?

2021-01-25 21:11:14

not fully

I choose to be happy