2020-10-17 12:24:15

hi all
the Halloween festival is approaching, so on that occasion maybe someone could recommend horror novels about Halloween
thanks

2020-10-19 02:16:00

Halloween?
what is special about the festival?

want peace to be there everywhere around the world also I want an immediate sollution to be given for this war so that the bloodshed could be ended. live peacefully, let others also live peacefully

2020-10-19 03:15:42

Goosebumps is an easy recommendation of series to read and bindge watch if you want some good fun with a dose of spook. Also, most things from stephen king, most notably It, and The Shining. Just be careful you don't lose sleep due to being too freaked out. When i was younger, i finished reading the shining, and the same night i woke up hearing a girl scream in terror despite not having a nightmare.

@2 Halloween, celebrated on the 31st of october, is the day when the vail between the living and the dead, or the physical and spiritual realms are temporarily lowered. Kids celebrate it by dressing up in costumes and knocking on people's doors for treats, usually candy, but it depends on whoever is giving them out. People generally tell ghost stories, or watch horror movies and try to scare themself silly for fun. Some people take things a step farther and practice dark rituals to try and communicate with the dead. Me, i just like to have fun, because sometimes a good scare is thrilling and reminds me not to panic when things get scary for real, but I make a concious effort not to take things too far. Mucking around with the spiritual and/or tramatizing yourself is dangerous business.

2020-10-19 03:27:34

I was going to suggest the shining but you beat me to it. Thanks a lot, Just joking
You should read cell by Stephen king

2020-10-19 03:44:48

I can recommend some scary books, but they're not Halloween-themed.

Scott Smith - The ruins
Nick Cutter - The Deep
Stephen King - The Shining
Tananarive Due - The Good House
Paul Tremblay - A Head Full of Ghosts
Peter Straub - A Dark Matter
Clive Barker - Coldheart Canyon
Bram Stoker - Dracula

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2020-10-19 04:12:55

okay, here's a possably large list of horror books.
though first, they're not Halloween themed and second it might not be large since this site likes to move all its books into another website every 2 years or so. could be some security problem. sheesh

You see a signature that is 800 characters and 8 lines long. You quickly report it to the administrators

2020-10-19 10:45:26

thanks to all

2020-10-19 15:27:16 (edited by rayshow 2020-10-21 15:40:27)

Personally, I an't pick out one book per say as a favorite. I've read everything by King and Koontz. Kings work scared the crap out of me as a kid! I can seriously remember being about 13 year old ..sitting the book Cujo down and the lights going out from a storm! :confused: I've always had a huge imagination, once it was engaged by books like these.. Man I could scare myself to no end. I've always found horror novels infinitely more terrifying than horror movies because of this. Probably my favorite out of King's work was The Dark Tower series. Koontz .. My favs could have been the Odd Thomas books, just because they were engaging characters and quick reads.  I usually read books through e-books torrent sites