2020-07-19 12:09:24

How do I know if it's the peek though? Would be fun to mess with them all.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2020-07-19 12:16:07

I'm not really sure. I think its about 400 to 500 base stats.

With the hero duty out of the way, I find myself venturing far far away...
And I encounters many allies to share our pays.
In an old land, we build ourselves a shelter...
And we proceeded to call it the kingdom crafter.

2020-07-19 14:11:18

No I mean, wouldn't it let you combine any more if you reach the peek?

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2020-07-19 17:47:51

What I do is get the monster's stats as high as I possibly can, which means training and competing till I get the "warning: monster cannot survive longer", and their age is listed as "lasty", which I presume to mean "on their last legs" or "about to die". You can sometimes get another few weeks out of them, but death is imminent. Usually by this point, my monsters are in the 700-800 range, easily. So I train two separate monsters up till this point, then fuse them with whatever item I want, and end up with a new baby monster of the type that I wish and better stats than before.
I'll point out that training multiple generations is probably not necessary, as I have easily gotten into the 900-999 stat range from a second-generation monster with a bit of care. Hint: you can use a few training items like mega proton and whatever, but don't overdo it. Also, train a lot, using the weaker single and dual-stat items; the bigger ones are almost never worth it unless one particular stat needs quick catching up, and the ones that raise two or three stats while dropping one or two...just don't bother. They tire out your monster too fast for the overall benefit, IMO.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2020-07-19 19:49:16

@Jayde: Is there a safe way to use the training items? How many can you use before they take a toll on the life span? and are the monthly stat boosters at all safe to use?

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2020-07-19 20:05:08

And is stretching better than resting?
In my opinion, it actually is.

2020-07-19 21:36:19

You'll want to rest sometimes, though, because it does lower stress and in fact seems to have a net positive impact on the monster's relationship with you.

I am getting so, so tired of all the fan mail. I get one almost every competition I win. I wish there was a way to suppress them or vastly shorten all the clicking. Ditto the Taurus shop. A quick message of "The Taurus Shop is having a sale" would be enough. But I don't want to go through a cutscene I have seen literally over two hundred times. At least now I don't have to click so much when doing battles; that was a very welcome change.

2020-07-20 07:20:48

Just raised a monster to five years and one months of age--it may have been able to live longer but I used a health and reflex booster on it which may have shortened its life a bit. No stat boosters or anything, just train, train, train and rest. Too much training can actually make the monster get thin, which isn't something you want to happen if possible. I'll try raising a monster to lasty, then using the two monthly stat boosters to boost stats in preparation for fusion.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

2020-07-21 00:07:49

>1067
When you switch windows to the background and the sound of the game is playing, you think it will interfere with your work. Still, do you think that functionality is needed?

>1072
You can move the cursor to any position by pressing the number keys. You will be able to make a few shortcuts by learning this operation.

>1074
I want to fix that bug. But that will take time. Because the cause of the bug has not been identified yet.

>1076
Little spoilers
The peak period comes when the monster consumes 40% of its lifespan. It ends when it consumes 60% of its life.

2020-07-21 13:12:52

@Morokuma, one way I can produce bug 7 is by submitting the first monster in the save to the arena. It gives that bug then kicks me out of the game.
And for the competition, I think having an option to toggle between having it played and not played would be better, since some competitions can be automated and I can leave it running in the background with volume turned low and do something else at the same time. That way, people don't have to worry about switching windows back and forth. I autorun most of the competitions anyway when I can't focus.

2020-07-21 13:47:31

i only autorun flag and marathons but wish we had a bit of faster sped for flagraces

2020-07-21 14:45:55

Same, actually. Colossium and contest are better manually operated. Marathon and flag race are both super long sometimes.

2020-07-22 14:29:33

Whoa thank you for the update! It's hella cool!

2020-07-22 14:43:51

Thanks seconded. It's awesome to have a developer who listens to feedback and acts on it whenever possible.

Guy Gavriel Kay

2020-07-23 02:23:26

Hi.
Lol? I just opened the game, and now this appears.
#Error 7
-->Internal Error(7)
What can I do?

Take care.
Mike.

I don't play games as much as I wish, but you can know that it's me if there's a John Weed over there. Ha ha!

2020-07-23 06:03:26

Hi:

I'm using the latest update, but the installed version still says 1.21. Should I install the latest update from the website so it shows I have the latest version?

Guy Gavriel Kay

2020-07-23 08:09:43

>1090
If the error occurs while the jingle is playing, the installed data is corrupted. Try getting the latest installer, or ZIP version, and overwriting the data.
If you get an error after the jingle has finished playing, it's probably because your "userdata/options.dat" is corrupted. Try deleting this file manually and then launching the game.

>1091
The files provided by Automatic Updates do not modify the version information registry created by the installer. Therefore, in "Apps and features", the version number that was last installed using the installer is displayed. The version number displayed in the "Readme" or in the game window title is the correct version number.

2020-07-23 12:53:21

yo.
Thanks a lot, it helped. Trying the new ver out!

Take care.
Mike.

I don't play games as much as I wish, but you can know that it's me if there's a John Weed over there. Ha ha!

2020-07-23 16:56:34

When playing marathon in new version, and selected no, when it ask do you want to operate monster, when is something to jump over it, it dont jumps over

meow meow.

2020-07-24 00:49:55

>1095
I'm sure your monster has a "Fighting spirit".
Monsters with a "Fighting spirit" will not jump over them as they will not be affected by hitting logs.

2020-07-24 03:26:59

Would it be possible to include more in-depth physical descriptions of the monsters in the game? That would be nice. The  encyclopedia could include both a physical description and other information of interest as well. This would add to an already immersive game. And maybe some NPCS that you can encounter on search? This is not high priority, just something that could be added to the game if it becomes possible.

Guy Gavriel Kay

2020-07-24 08:41:56

How to heck, if mine have fighting spirit?

meow meow.

2020-07-24 14:49:10

Tab key while in a marathon will open options, and you can check the abilities there.

I wish I knew about some of the abilities a bit more, and wish the wording was a little clearer. For instance, I have absolutely no idea what Loyalty Correction does. I also wish there was a way to figure out which traits I would have, and how things like being freaky, impatient, cool, gentle or whatever would impact gameplay. I think there's a bit too little info on this.

2020-07-24 17:24:40

Hi! loving the update so far. i was already writing this message but i pressed something accidentally and updated the page.
I don't know if the translation dictionary was updated before, but the last update of it also is great. before, monster species were pixy, goblin, and others. now, it says dark, fairy, fighting, rock, and that really surprised me.
I said in other topic that coliseums reminds me to Pokémon, and with this change, it is more apropiate!
This game's great and is geting more great with every update.

Regards,
The all almighty Alolan Ninetales!

2020-07-24 18:15:03

Far as I'm concerned, that update to types actually made this game take a fairly big step backward, not forward. We don't want to be like pokemon; this game is nothing like pokemon.