2020-07-24 19:36:34

Uh. looking in that direction, you're totally right. This is a breeder simulator and not something like Pokemon, but I guess I was too much entusiast because the battles simply reminds me of it.
Looking at the Monster book, the dog like Monster is called Normal and the Wild like Monster , Ryan i think, is called Green and i don't see that make Any sense.
Still there is at least a better translation, Like fairy, it sounds better than Pixy.

Regards,
The all almighty Alolan Ninetales!

2020-07-24 19:57:53

Yayde, agreed.

Jayde wrote:

Far as I'm concerned, that update to types actually made this game take a fairly big step backward, not forward. We don't want to be like pokemon; this game is nothing like pokemon.

meow meow.

2020-07-24 20:09:48

The personality determines what abilities the monster will have in competitions.
The trick is to learn what abilities belong to what personality.

2020-07-24 20:10:52

Actually, since this game is based on the monster rancher series, pixies and goblins are correct. Fairy is just another word for pixie. Check out the Monster Rancher wiki and you'll see what I mean.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2020-07-24 22:23:47 (edited by Wilson 2020-07-24 22:27:54)

Those things is more in to names rather than types. Also, is anybody getting this error while starting the game?
Error  dialog  #Error 7
-->Internal Error(7)
This error unables me to play the game.

With the hero duty out of the way, I find myself venturing far far away...
And I encounters many allies to share our pays.
In an old land, we build ourselves a shelter...
And we proceeded to call it the kingdom crafter.

2020-07-25 03:02:38

>1096
Is there a physical description of a monster like this?
Slime "It is a light blue creature. It has two round eyes and a small mouth. It seems that there are no teeth or fangs in the mouth. The body is like an airless rubber ball. It has no limbs, so it jumps. Move."

>1105
If you see an error dialog, it is likely that the files required to run the game are corrupted or missing.
Try the overwrite installation using ZIP or the installer. Or check the operation history of your antivirus software.

2020-07-25 07:31:18 (edited by tayo.bethel 2020-07-25 07:46:28)

@Morokuma exactly like that. If all the monsters had descriptions like that it would add immersion to the game and give an idea as to what the monster might be capable of.

Edit: There are no physical descriptions of monsters right now at least non in ENglish. I haven't played in Japanese so I'm not sure about that one. Here is how it would look properly in ENglish:

Slime:
"It is a light blue creature. It has two round eyes and a small, toothless  mouth.  The body resembles an airless rubber ball. It has no limbs, but is quite agile nonetheless."

I hope I was helpful.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

2020-07-25 22:16:10 (edited by Wilson 2020-07-25 23:34:46)

It would be really hard though. There are almost 400 monsters to give discriptions to.
@Morokuma, Thanks, I'll give it a shot. Edit. Its working as expected now, thanks!

With the hero duty out of the way, I find myself venturing far far away...
And I encounters many allies to share our pays.
In an old land, we build ourselves a shelter...
And we proceeded to call it the kingdom crafter.

2020-07-26 17:11:18

Wilson wrote:

It would be really hard though. There are almost 400 monsters to give discriptions to.
@Morokuma, Thanks, I'll give it a shot. Edit. Its working as expected now, thanks!

You could also run bm updator.exe, it works too. wink

pika-san, a pokemon fan! skype: luigimax127
Discord: luigimax127#5490
Pokemon show down username: pika127

2020-08-02 14:05:08

I am confused with the new names for the monsters. I found bordon better then flying or goblin better then fighting. What are your favourite monsters and how can you bring a monster to five years? My record was 3 years.

Why are we all arming ourselves for war if our arms can be better used for hugging on another? It is because with war you can get power, but wit a frendly hug only a smile and a good frienship.

2020-08-03 13:34:25

In V1.36, the problem that the broken translation dictionary was downloaded was fixed. This was a problem that occurred because the sheet ID of GoogleSpreadSheet was changed.
If you can not start the game, please try the update. Please run the included updater, or download the installer or ZIP from the official website and overwrite it.

2020-08-03 16:16:05

And previous names of the games dont are back!
Please change them

meow meow.

2020-08-04 01:04:31

There is a name that isn't correct, gow is ghoul i think.

2020-08-04 12:35:40

Hi.
I agree, please consider changing the names as they were before. Now, it's even more confusing than it was previously because we have a mishmash.

Take care.
Mike.

I don't play games as much as I wish, but you can know that it's me if there's a John Weed over there. Ha ha!

2020-08-04 12:50:16

when checking for dictionary updates the game switches to Japanese I think and NVDA just reads random symbols. JGT doesn't work to translate, nor does NVDA translate.

Guy Gavriel Kay

2020-08-04 13:31:58

Hello, I just updated to the latest version of the game and I'm experiencing random crashing from time to time. I started a new game and when I select a monster to bring up, game crashes. Running windows 10 64 bit over here. I've also seen crashing when training a monster as well in the farm. Just figured I'd bring that up.

Jonathan Candler, A.K.A, Jonnyboy

2020-08-05 00:36:13

Jonnyboy1991 wrote:

Hello, I just updated to the latest version of the game and I'm experiencing random crashing from time to time. I started a new game and when I select a monster to bring up, game crashes. Running windows 10 64 bit over here. I've also seen crashing when training a monster as well in the farm. Just figured I'd bring that up.

Did you take the zip file or the installation one?

2020-08-05 02:43:42

It is a very fun game. I love carring for wirtual peds but i can totaly agree, the names from version 35 and so on were better then they are now. :-)

Why are we all arming ourselves for war if our arms can be better used for hugging on another? It is because with war you can get power, but wit a frendly hug only a smile and a good frienship.

2020-08-05 10:07:08

I got it from the auto updater when I downloaded the latest version

Jonathan Candler, A.K.A, Jonnyboy

2020-08-06 11:31:51

Did the sounds in the game get changed in the last update? I swear I never heard my monster sound like how it is now.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2020-08-08 13:47:27 (edited by The Imaginatrix 2020-08-08 13:48:43)

Adding my voice to the crowd of others who want the old names back.

And Gau is some sort of dog thing if I understood correctly. There are zombies and ghosts to cover any ghoulish things.

As for monster names, though I don't want the Pokémonisation (or Manamonisation in some cases), I would like a bit more consistency. Sometimes "Birden" would be replaced with "Barden", and there were other inconsistencies like with Rian (assuming it's meant to be a lion or something?) I'd like more consistent naming conventions, but again, not Pokémon/Manamon references.

Are there people helping with the translation dictionary? Could this not be solved if some people helped out? I'd be willing if I knew more Japanese than I do. It's been a long time since high school classes and I didn't learn anywhere near the whole language. sad

2020-08-08 15:31:27

Raion ... looks like a dog.Birdon is bird. Gau may or may not be ghoul; names would be easier to figure out with fuller physical descriptions but the generic monsters at least  can be made consistent. A goblin is a goblin is a goblin, etc. rather than a fighting.

Guy Gavriel Kay

2020-08-10 05:36:38

Gau monsters sound like dogs, though. They even have a bark attack! And if their footsteps sound like anything it's webbed feet, not undead/ghoulish things!

Mind you, the Club (crab?) monsters sound like some kind of hoofed animal when they're walking and their cries are like some form of water bird, so maybe sounds aren't everything.

2020-08-10 13:36:47

True, but in this case it seems bark is just an attack that isn't specifict to a particular monster; Ryon gets it as well and it definitely doesn't sound like a dog, even though it looks like one, and has the characteristics of a good dog--obedient to the owner, and loyalty has a big effect on how it does in competitions, etc.

Guy Gavriel Kay

2020-08-10 14:38:18

I will admit I don't know what personality traits do, which may go some way toward explaining why two different monsters I've raised to similar stat levels can do so differently in different competitions. Where do you get the information about that?