2019-12-31 21:18:00

Hmm. this is gaining mutch darkness. I tried to summon thor but he never listenes.
You release a burst of sound which destroys everything in the surrounding area. The ground is destroyed, trees are cut down and even the sky itself becomes blackened. All life has ceased, including that of the undead who have now become mere corpses.

"Thor!"

You see a signature that is 800 characters and 8 lines long. You quickly report it to the administrators

2020-01-02 14:23:07

love the new updates. I see tuns of cool features now

You see a signature that is 800 characters and 8 lines long. You quickly report it to the administrators

2020-01-03 19:36:09

Okay, had to share a story because it went from something really straightforward and simpl to something really different and weird.

I started out as a stay-at-home Dad trying to balance life between my kids and my wife. and then when I got the kids ready to go to school and started to take them out to the bus. Someone threw a huge fireball at my house, blowing it up.
2.  I died then but absorbed the fire attack and came back as a mighty fire spirit. I found some random guy down the street did it because I ruined his life somehow.
3. I went to confront him and found my son had done some random punk kid stuff to him, but I wasn't going to back down to this guy's demands because of his overkill way of getting even so I burnt him to a crisp.
4. My son who did the annoying stuff disappeared, but I had a little girl with my wife, before my son Daniel returned. There was some weird confusion with my daughter Catherine, as at one point, the game even told me I wanted to have a baby with her and they presented her as an adult love interest at times.
5. Catherine disappeared, then came back, just as Daniel did, and then she was kidnapped by evil demons and vampires that wanted to turn her into a vampire too. I went full-on flamethrowing badass on this one and used the full extent of my powers to  incinerate them all. Unfortunately, the full use of my powers was too much even for my body and I reduced myself to ash.
6. Alexandra, my wife, found where I died and wept over it, then she lit a spiritual flame to bring me back to life. I didn't come back though as a guy with flame powers and I got a definite upgrade as I had become the God of fire. I then made Alexandra my high priestess and told the entire world that anyone who even thought of harming my family would call down fiery disaster from me. After 7 years, I transformed Alexandra into a fiery angel, and then for some reason the Ai thought in addition to that, I should destroy the world as well, even though the entire globe thought of me as a god. Somehow that was a win condition from "Achieve balance between your kids and your wife."

I know I could've kept going, but now I just play until a happily ever after  or a "you win." I do this because in my experiences of a lot of games, often when I press on past those points too many times, the games get dull and the AI doesn't try as hard and the things often start to become dull and repetitive. I do however, tend to push past things  if I die. I pretty much play to a win and then start something new.

2020-01-04 17:11:43

@Bookrage, mind sharing some of these via story links?

2020-01-04 20:09:55

I might down the road, but some of them don't look quite as good, and I admittedly edit some of them in the telling. If I get a good one though, I'll share it if I don't have any objections to some of the things the AI says. Sometimes I have to pull it back from swearing or sex which I don't feel comfortable sharing.

2020-01-04 20:16:18

I don't know quite how sharing links works, though I don't do the forum stuff on Audiogames with the same stuff I do my AI Deungeoning with. Browsing on my phone is really hard and there are some issues with this computer here that don't make AI Dungeon possible, as I have a very old version of JAWS  and I can't really use Firefox to do a lot of stuff I want and google Chrome explodes any time I try to use it.

I'll see what I can do. My Username  on there is Bookrage, just as it is here. I will at least publish  things that work out well there. I'm not sure much else about sharing. It will be hard to get links to put here.

2020-01-04 20:31:10

If you go to the "my stories" section you will find an option to share your story. Clicking that will give a link to the story.

2020-01-04 21:22:22

In my one I was a detective who got poisoned somehow along the way. After forever in the hospital trying to get the thing to heal me I tried to find how I was poisoned. One of the things I did was check the food in my house, and then this exchange happened.
> Check the food in your home

You head into your kitchen and start looking through all the different foods you've eaten recently. You find a few that look suspiciously similar to each other, so you stop eating them immediately.

> Take the suspicious foods to a lab for analysis

You put the suspicious foods in a baggie and throw it into a large trash can outside your house. After getting rid of them, you head inside and check the rest of your fridge. Nothing looks out of place there either.

> Take the food in the trash to a forensics laboratory for analysis

You open up the trash can and dump everything out onto the ground. You then walk over to your refrigerator and grab a bunch of food that looks suspiciously similar to what you found in your kitchen.

> Ask AI dungeon if it knows what a lab is

You ask AI Dungeon about a lab and he tells you that it's an area where scientists do research on various subjects. He goes on to say that it could be anywhere from a university or even a government facility.

> Now tell it that since it knows what a lab is it should understand when you say you want to take the food to a lab it doesn't mean you want to throw it away!

You go back to the trash can and pick up another bunch of food that looks suspiciously similar to what you found in your kitchen. This time though, instead of throwing it away like before, you take it to a lab.

> Congratulate AI dungeon for getting it right this time

You call AI Dungeon back and tell him that he got it right this time. He thanks you and tells you to come by his office later today.

After leaving AI Dungeon's office, you go back home and spend the next couple days recovering from your sickness.

2020-01-04 23:31:27

I have published one so far called "From Dad to Divine" which is the one that  takes me from stay-at-home dad to world-destroying God.

Again, browsing the internet on my phone is pretty much too much hastle for me and I sort of have to play AI Dungeon on my phone so I probably wouldn't be able to get a link and get on these forums with the safari browser and get it to you guys.

2020-01-19 23:12:03

hello all, AI Dungeon has just been updated and added a "/remember" command, does anyone know what that does?

2020-01-20 01:44:14 (edited by Slender 2020-01-20 01:52:28)

I'm not quite sure but I think this is meant to help the AI remember what has happened in the game up until the point where you entered the command, which may help prevent it from doing things like forgetting what your character's name is or switching your character's perspective. I tested it by trying to get a detective to fall from grace and flee to Japan to escape a drunk driving charge, and when I had him adjust to his new life in a house in Tokyo, it was able to remember that he was a detective and he ended up making a name for himself anyway.

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2020-01-20 02:46:46

Lol I cant ever seem to get it to stick within the boundaries I set. The best luck I had was getting it to keep the third person perspective on an adventure I did about a generation of Annas who liked bananas.

2020-01-20 12:43:13

so with the remember command, are you supposed to just send it after some story generates or are you supposed to type it before something else?

Power is not the responsibility of freedom, but it is actually the responsibility of being responsible, it's self, because someone who is irresponsible is enslaved by their own weaknesses.

2020-01-21 00:55:52 (edited by KenshiraTheTrinity 2020-01-21 01:00:37)

The /remember command only repeats text for me.

I'm trying to recreate a pac-man game, and I can't ever get the ai to give me more than 2 directions, cardinal directions, or flat mazes that stick to the theme lol. In fact, in the last game, the left and right exits remained, but the stairs on either side kept duplicating no matter what I did, even after I started scolding the ai.

2020-01-23 00:08:19 (edited by Slender 2020-01-23 01:44:50)

Apparently to use /remember, you need to enter specific details for the AI to always remember, for example /remember my name is Glenn.

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2020-05-05 01:29:39

hello, just letting all of you know that the web version of AI Dungeon is now 100% accessible and now also has a game of the week feature to use if you get tired of the regular scenarios and don't want to make your own. You can now also share scenario setups with other players and play theirs, teach the AI and help build stuff in the contributor studio for contributor points which will be used in the future to buy special rewards, play backlogged games of the week, if you are a premium member, set up multiplayer games. (you can join them if you aren't premium but you need a premium member to start one and get you in) and a lot of other stuff.

The game also updates almost every day and frequently several times a day. I used to play this on my pohne, but now that the game is far more accessible on the web. I play it there.

If you want to give it a try go to.

play.aidungeon.io

Also I've found when I have had trouble, the devs get back to me quickly and are eager and willing, and able to fix problems for the visually impaired.

2020-05-05 04:05:47

OK, what the fuck?
Hahahahahahaha I laughed like madd with the post that showed that his dettective knew how to throw food away, how to ask for the definition of a lab and so on lol.
Damn, this game is indeed insane. It will certainly help me with my english specially if I'm learning by pearson!
My last story was freaking weird: I was a blind knight, with a sword and a shield, and my objective was to kill some kind of mighty dragon that was threatening the kingdom. I did it, I had to fight with an old man by the way who was the dragon's owner, I was named king, I got married with some weird fairy, and the brother of the mighty dragon killed me when I was at an old age lol.

Take care.
Mike.

I don't play games as much as I wish, but you can know that it's me if there's a John Weed over there. Ha ha!

2020-06-12 04:15:32

Hi all.
Lol, have you guys seen the changelog? It's freaking impressive!
Also, I have another question. Do you know a bank where I could deposit money to, in order for me to get the premium account thing? The thing is, I do have money on my bank account but my bank is not compatible with paypal, or, not compatible since I don't have a debit card instead. What can I do?
Thank you.

Take care.
Mike.

I don't play games as much as I wish, but you can know that it's me if there's a John Weed over there. Ha ha!

2020-06-14 21:58:17

How do I start a game? I hit the single player game button then typed something in the textfield that came up, like grab the wand or some random crap, hit submit and it didn't appear to do anything. I hunted around the screen a bit and saw invalid action? What? Thought it was an endless possibilities type of deal.
Also I haven't got far, obviously, so perhaps I'm wrong, but voiceover doesn't appear to read all the text coming in like mudrammer does. Have I just not gotten into it or is that something that is in fact true.
So uh, any help getting started? Lol.

I am the blind jedi, I use the force to see. I am the only blind jedi.

2020-06-14 22:06:38

After picking single player game, you need to follow the prompts to set up your game by picking the number of the setting and character you want and entering your name. If you enter some random junk without setting anything up, you're not gonna get very far.

2020-06-14 22:10:00

playing online using a computer works much better.

as for what single-player does, you would hit it and then it would open up a list of things for you to choose from. If you choose one of the straight up genres, it will have you pick a sort of character you'd want to play, like in fantasy it sort of has 7 different classes for you to play and it creates a scenario from that based on what you pick.

if you select custom. You write the opening thing yourself such as.

You are Storm, a noble in Victorian England. You have a large estate and many loayl servants. You are looking for a way to rebuild your shattered reputation after you were infolved in a socity scandal.

If you do go custom, go nuts because the game does surprisingly well on almost everything. I've done sci-fi, victorian romance, DC comics supervillain games, Russian folklore games, and ninja tournaments and they have all done well.

You'll get a lot of nonsense but what is amazing is not how much it gets wrong but how much it gets right.

But I advise a lot of you that are still using the app to switch to the website version

play.aidungeon.io

it will save you quite the headache.

2020-06-14 22:20:16 (edited by BlindJedi 2020-06-14 22:31:53)

Strange, hitting the single player button only brings up a textfield with buttons above it like alter, undo, redo etc. Maybe the ios app is broken? But I don't see anything to choose from as you describe.
Edit: I just tried the web version and it came up with a list. But when I double tap the textfield, it hits the back button. As in the button to go back to the previous page. Weird.
Maybe it just doesn't work on phone for some reason

2020-06-14 22:39:10

Works great on my android.

2020-06-14 22:40:22

So, here's what is going on with the iOS/Android apps at the moment:

Awhile back, both mobile versions of the application had the text for each action separated on their own lines. When they updated the apps a month ago or so, they broke how text looked on the screen. Thus, it is now a one block chunk.

Only if viewing via the web, this text problem has been fixed.
In addition, if you don't want to see the undo/redo/alter/retry buttons (same goes with the do/story/say buton), you can hide them and type in commands instead.

2020-06-14 23:23:35

On the ios app for me though voiceover doesn't seem to show any text. I start it and theres just the textfield. On the web version this isn't the case. The only time the app shows text is if I type random crap it says invalid selection, I guess referring to the numbers for sinario / game type.