2020-06-04 02:18:43

@Dan_Gero: I agree with your sentiment re: slang. The posts you quoted made me wonder too what OP did to be called homophobic, since I have seen this slang used (and use it myself) to refer to "I'm good."

Where I differ with you is your justification for your anger. I live completely on my own too. The best thing I ever did for myself was delete both Twitter and Facebook. I also don't respond to posts on here that anger me. Given my lack of the two most popular social media networks, I'd say I'm even more alone than you are, if you have a Twitter.

So yeah, it's possible to stay sane even when alone. I have tons of things I could comment on here but frankly I just don't bother reading most topics on here anymore. Most flame posts just get a one-line read from me because I'm simply not interested in people going back and forth.

So to pin this on the lockdown and stuff like that isn't being realistic and honest with yourself. You have a trigger as I've seen from this topic, perhaps a tendency to fly off the handle. This tendency has some root cause we haven't figured out yet, but you can't pin it on other peoples' "stupidity." Everyone is different, and if you treat your friends like you do the people in this topic by smashing dishes because of everyone else but your own anger issues, well it's probably why you have a small social circle. I'd love to check out your Twitter one day and see what you post on there. Are you one of those negative posters, the type that made me leave Twitter a year or two ago?

2020-06-04 02:19:54

I have not been able to leave the house in two months. I take care of a 91-year-old woman. I've had very little contact with other people. guess what. I put my big boy pants on and deal with it. It's called being an adult.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2020-06-04 02:24:17

it is interesting how many people on this forum, including me, have severe mental instabilities, but instead of helping one another and trying to be understanding we hate on each other for it. I wish being selfish was much harder than it is.

2020-06-04 02:27:23

@78, try that when said mentally unstable person is actively blaming you for their problems rather than trying to work with you even when you try to help them, and who still holds the belief that their own life is of more importance than that of millions of others.

2020-06-04 02:32:26

you can get through to people, but it is very difficult when a lot of people are responding at once. Then you start focusing on reading each post instead of absorbing each post. For some people groups help them, for others one on one helps more. This guy is better with one on one. So telling him to step away for a bit and cool down, and possibly talking one on one afterwords will help. I may contact him on skype, but first I want to see if he can restore himself on his own. I hope so, we will see

2020-06-04 02:33:04

Hmm, I know someone like that,

A girl's children father occasionally hits her,
Then she comes crying by my mim

Eeeeeeeeeee! Snuff! Snuff! Iiiiiieieieieie!

Her mother offered her half an acre of land, plus some ply to build, she dont wanna do that. Okay, go to those homes for women. No. Well, she goes back home and the next day she starts cussing him in the street.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-06-04 02:33:45

@56
O come on.  You and everyone else on here can't have it both ways.  The media wasn't proven to anything.

There was a model, it claimed 60000 deaths for the U.S., everyone reported on it, everyone on audiogames.net said that that was exaggerated and how dare the mainstream media be so unrealistic, it can't possibly be that bad.  I believe including yourself but I'm not going to dig through literally a thousand posts to find it.  But now here we are at around twice that number in the U.S. and counting, and the media is still exaggerating.  Really?  When does the media stop exaggerating?  How many people have to die before it gets through to you and everyone else spouting bullshit conspiracy theories?

You have the choice to be mature, or to act like a winy teenager.  The world sucks.  I literally woke up this morning and had to look up safety information on tear gas because I'm in Seattle literally on the same block as the protests and it's getting into some apartments and I had to find out if it could get into mine, plus I've also been on lockdown living alone since near the beginning of march with basically no human contact beyond grocery delivery and work.  I don't enjoy these things.  Very little is good about 2020, and the way it's shaping up very little will be good about 2021 either.  But that doesn't mean I go on the internet and prolong drama as an outlet for it, and if I did, I'd sure as hell not expect people to give me some sort of covid lockdown pass.  Everyone else is experiencing it with you, and everyone else isn't deciding to stir shit up for the hell of it.

My Blog
Twitter: @ajhicks1992

2020-06-04 02:34:13

And Zarvox, its called

Crab ena barrel syndrome

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-06-04 02:34:41 (edited by Zarvox 2020-06-04 02:36:32)

I think the best approach to these topics is to kindly ask him to delete the topic and step away for a bit. The only problem with that is it would look like supression to him. So we would have to convey our message properly that this is not the case before anything else. Edit 83 I am going to look that up right now, sounds interesting.

2020-06-04 02:35:16

I agree with the sentiments of the original post of this topic, but I do think sometimes it's best to step away for a while, maybe get lost in a random audiogame and cool off.

2020-06-04 02:45:43

Also even if that one percent figure is entirely correct, that’s likely under the best of conditions. Some are not as lucky as us Americans.

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.

2020-06-04 02:48:30

I kind of get all sides of this topic. I can understand why saying certain things can be taken to be offensive. However, someone made an argument earlier about cultural differences and how assumptions shouldn't be made regarding language and their meanings. I'd argue it would be offensive to stifle, so to speak, the written vernacular used by certain groups and cultures based on inability to evaluate context. In other words, I feel there is much more to written text than just literal interpretations as we've seen time and time again. We could do best to inform ourselves of different cultures and their vernacular, which is fancy way of saying stuff that certain groups say based on regions or countries.
For the record, my significant other enjoys hearing about our little drama-filled community. So be my guest with these posts. smile

2020-06-04 02:49:02 (edited by defender 2020-06-04 02:50:11)

I honestly think I would have assumed that NevEd was being homophobic as well, though not seriously so.
Straight, used in a context that I've literally never seen (straight up) used in before, followed by a jab at the phrase woke, and a few posts later talking about lunatic leftists?  Yeah, I've read enough youtube comments to know when someone is trying to tell me something about how they view the world.
It's basic pattern recognition, and being misunderstood is a consequence of being a snarky sarcastic edgelord.  Don't like it?  Change your attitude.
I consider my self to be slightly left of center most times in politics, and for me it would have been a hard decision on weather or not to say something.
I honestly can't say for sure how I would have handled it, I think that I most likely would have considered it free speech but maybe given a general caution just encase and definitely not lectured him extensively on it , and unlike Jade, I'm not far left either.

2020-06-04 03:09:27

@danGero
The death rate is actually 1.3% as of the latest tally, as compared to the flew's average 0.1%.
Complicating these numbers is the fact that A. not all deaths have been counted as people have died at home and since many of them are elderly, it can be hard to say if COVID19 was what actually killed them; and B. The flew season fluctuates allot, with the highest recent death count being 61000 between 2017 and 2018, and the average falling somewhere between 3000 and 49000.
Either way, this virus is allot worse, and without social distancing we could have had several times that amount of deaths according to the most accurate models.
Also, do not forget that A.  This is on top of the flew deaths for this year, since the flew didn't just take a vacation, B. The suicide rate went up drastically during this time, C. Economic damage will lead to more homelessness and poverty, and D. Many of those who don't die from the virus but had serious symptoms from it are getting permanent, life altering injuries instead.

I say pick up some more hobbies, especially those like reading that allow you to immerse your self in other worlds, or playing a new instrument which requires allot of repetition and focus.  Use every possible opportunity to get outside while the weather is good, even if it means just sitting out there or opening a window all the way.  I spent 5 months alone and it sucked at times, even with a dog to keep me company for most of it and only moderate stress/depression at my worst.
Talk only to the people that matter the most, and don't obsess over what the rest of the world is up to, because you can't change it anyway and you'll have more to come back to if you give things time to happen while your away as well.
If you truly crave human interaction, than find a much more positive place to experience it in than this, and don't stray from that place.

2020-06-04 03:38:26

@56, you have got to be fucking shitting me right now. I wasn't going to respond to this topic at all (I rarely respond to much on here these days) but any sympathy I had for your cause, of which I had at least a small amount, is completely gone once you start spewing crap like this. Why don't you tell the families of the 1% your views? Do you think they'd like being referred to simply as the 1%? Don't you think that they already feel bad enough, not only because they lost a loved one before their time, but also because right now they, and everyone in their inner, outer, and concentric circle, is being scrutinized not only for statistical purposes, but also because, y'know, they were/could have been carriers?

Let me tell you something, when this pandemic first took hold, I was one of the naysayers, cavorting around freely and not giving a solitary shit about the possible consequences. I, like you, thought, "oh, it's just a glorified flu, who cares." One of my least proud moments as a human being, never mind on this forum, was spraying around such toxic vitreal. I leave it here as a testament to the fact that I am a mostly broken work in progress.

Then, the unimaginable happened. Someone I deeply care about was badly affected by this virus, this shiny pearl that you claim the media gleefully clutches to their collective bosom as though it were the holy grail of ratings. And, to be fair, it is. But are you shocked? Are you seriously trying to tell me, and everyone else, that you didn't know that the media feeds upon the fear, uncertainty, and weakness of others? If so, well, then I have no words for the amount of sheltered you are. If not, stick with me here, because I'm about to tell you how it feels to be circling that black hole from which there is no return if you find yourself sucked into it, flirting with the disaster that is the 1%.

If someone you love gets the flu, or hell, most other treatable, communicable diseases, even if they end up being hospitalized from complications of said disease, there is a semblance of understanding, because you know that medical professionals at least know, in theory, what to do and how to help that person pull through. With something whose origins are as murky as this, with no solid hope for proven treatments or vaccines in sight, there's a much stronger urgency to the situation. Add to that the fact that you're watching someone you love suffer from states away, and there is literally nothing you can do about it, because even if you took the next flight, you could not be by their side due to heightened restrictions imposed by what we don't know about the transmission of this virus... And lest you think it can't happen to you? It can happen to anybody. You know what one of the worst parts of my experience was? While someone who should not have, statistically speaking, suffered complications was doing just that, the hot story in the media was about this previously perfectly healthy 30-year-old dude who was struck down in the fucking prime of his life. And, yes, it was surely sensationalized, but just imagine how it would feel to be inundated with a story like that when both myself and the person I'm speaking of are the same age as the man who passed away.

Yes, I'm belaboring this point. Honestly, I feel I'm not doing nearly enough. Just because everything turned out ok for us in the end doesn't mean I have any right to let my guard down, or forget what we both endured. It also means that I must be humble and remember that, while I view what I went through as a traumatizing experience, I have no right to feel that way, since the 1%, as you so thoughtlessly and coldly refer to them as, clearly have experienced much worse than me. So, if you can be reached at all, and you're hopefully not as selfish as your post would have me believe, if you have a modicum of empathy at all, then quit whining about what for you is a mere inconvenience, which, I might add, literally everyone is dealing with to one degree or another. If social media is your only outlet for social interaction, think about the elderly, severely cognitively disabled, and abused who cannot or will not access any of the morsels of interaction you scoff at. When you despair of ever leaving the house again, try thinking of those whose grief has paralyzed them to the point they may never live a normal life, or the families wracked by financial devastation due to unemployment, or the mentally ill whose symptoms have been exacerbated by prolonged isolation, who are even now being brushed off as an afterthought and viewed as "those people" as per usual. then come back to me and keep talking about the 1%, after you've felt what the majority feels.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2020-06-04 03:41:17

@Dan_Gero, and with post 24 you just proved my point.  I said above that the phobes come out with time and words and you're not looking good.  There was no reason to throw the snowflake reference in to support your argument, but what really did it for me personally is the fact that you stated you just offended half the forum and didn't care.  so I guess Liam's right and you're seriously not trying to do anyone any real good.  I'm sorry for jumping into this argument, but I'm glad I did in a sense to prove post 4.
Whatever my issues may be with hot buttons that trigger people where words are concerned, the fact is that I do care.  I do care if I offend people.  I do care about respect.  I do care about making sure that my points come across as I intend them to and not as personal attacks or misinterpretations.  You?  You don't care.  At the end of the day, for all your apologies and I'm sorries and any post in which you claim you jumped the gun and you feel remorse/  It all comes to nothing when you do stuff like this.  Yes, this discussion needs to be had, but you probably weren't the best person for the job of initiating it.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2020-06-04 03:49:29 (edited by NevEd 2020-06-04 04:20:47)

Wow. I'm not even finished reading through the 3rd page but I figured I might as well post my opinion here now before someone comes along to close the topic.
@1 I definitely appreciate you having more patience than me to break things down and write a post about it. People are getting a little too wound up about the spelling remark IMO. But hey, like the reason for this post existing in the first place, that's how a lot of people are nowadays. Especially those who haven't seen how truly shit life can be and worry about frivolous trash like that. I don't think you should be getting as pissed as you are outwardly but I definitely understand where the frustration is coming from and I agree with you pretty much completely. It's funny that the people here talking about "don't care, you're stirring up shit" or implicating stuff without proof, and then being replied too, and then being sarcastic assholes about it are being hypocritical.
Make the euphomism excuse if you wish but that's not how things work. It's its own separate topic and it wasn't even that inflamatory to begin with besides the general point of "YOU GUYS ARE BEING RIDICULOUS AND OVERREACTING." If you don't care, just leave it, because being a snarky prick will definitely not send the topic into a downward spiral of insults sprayed at everyone. And the people claiming that others are acting as if their morally superior, are themselves thinking they're morally superior by saying that others should do what they themselves feel is appropriate and that's that, without any logic or reason, or for others to express their opinions/grievances. That's stupid. While I did go off on Stirlock harder than I really needed to, I still had a valid reason for answering him, being called "ignorant." Which any person with dignity shouldn't really appreciate. I don't make posts without knowing what I'm talking about, or without at the very least admitting not knowing everything, which I even did later in the topic. I did put a spoiler warning in my post however because I was informed that people may not want that particular bit of the story to be spoiled.
As for Jayde and the warning post, I definitely shouldn't have attacked Stirlock like that but I think people that have went through instances where one word is said and a blanket is thrown over you will understand where the fucking boiling rage came from. I definitely was the aggressor and IMO him calling me dumb wasn't even worth warning him for IMO. You get what you give. If I was calmer and he still flipped shit on me, yeah, me being me I definitely would've ripped him a new one. But back to Jayde, it's just another one of those situations where you have to agree to disagree and just stay out of each other's way. I'll take the warning for crawling up Stirlock's ass but I think my general statements that weren't really meant to throw absolutely everyone under the bus upset him a little bit, and I don't know what he went through in life, I'm not gonna even bother him or argue with him, as I said, the warning was justified, but taking bits of other people's words to throw them into another political extreme just because of gross coincidence irritates the shit out of me. Theirs no rite political side, party, wing, etc IMO, but that's another topic and I'm not getting into that because frankly I don't have the patience.
But everyone, collectively, just chill out a little bit, and don't contradict yourselves, even though we all do sometimes, and sometimes for valid reasons. And I'm including myself here. Because that's what I did, and I was wrong for that, because I effected others.
Now that that's out of the way, if people still have issues with me, and feel the need to snarkily reply to this post, I quite frankly don't give a shit and the entertainment would be welcome. Nobody is required to like me, or you, or anyone else. Doesn't mean you should claw their eyes out at the drop of a hat, either.
That is all.
PEACE!!!!
Edit: One more thing. Well actually 2. I've been living a relatively socially isolated life for a long time now, since middle school. Mostly my own fault. Social isolation is fucking horrible for the psyche and you lose skills that you didn't know you had until they're gone, and develop habits that you don't know you have until you try to do "normal" things that you haven't done in a long time. And when you not only have blindness to deal with, but also a progressive hearing loss that showed up in your middle school years that gets worse and worse, shit is fucking tough. Granted I didn't do much to try and counteract my current lifestyle and not make it worse (frankly because I didn't know any better at the time), but different people respond to their circumstances differently. Case and point, living like this definitely has made me (and others) more hotheaded, because when you live a life on the internet like I do because your anxiety makes it fucking impossible to do normal things that others do without getting a little high to quell your nerves but you can't do that because you haven't established those kinds of relationships yet, or any for that matter, when something comes along to "disrupt" the few activities you enjoy doing, you get very very angry. I was like that especially in my younger years and I think a lot of more social people, whether they ridiculed non-social people or not, are starting to understand how that feels. It fuckin sucks. But I don't expect others to just give me a pass because of that anymore. Frankly, in the grand scheme of things, none of us are "special", we all have problems. It's all a matter of perspective. And of course the moment I realize "You know what, I'm almost fucking 20 years old and I haven't had a major interaction with a girl since high school and I have issues that I need to deal with if I want to get out of my Mom's house with the kids and the craziness, maybe it's time to apply myself to things I enjoy and put energy out there that others may recipricate, let's see where I'll be by the end of the year." Covid comes along and sends all that crashing down, had to leave college and my dorm, I'm stuck at home now. Combined the fact that I never really was completely into college because of the fluffwork and ended up failing both of my major classes because I lost motivation because of said fluff work, I'm even more fucked up than I normally would be.
It's easy to ignore the media for the most part in normal life but now that your forced to basically masturbate 24/7 it's more difficult to escape. I watch YouTube pretty much every day. You know what's plastered on the front page? Covid19covid19covid19covid19covid19trumptrumptrumptrumpprotestorsprotestors, with a bunch of people in the comments flaming people because they have a view that might hint that they occupy an opposing party to them. It's ridiculous and it irritates the shit out of me. Nobody should ever believe what the media says at face value. As for others saying it's exaggerated, well, I'm sure it partially is, but not to the degree you want to believe. Lots of people have fucking died from this, and that's an understatement. I know people who know others that have died from it. Anyone who knows Hip-Hop, Westside Gunn had Covid, almost died from it, but still made a fucking album out of it. What a G. Fred the Godson unfortunately died from complications relating to it. Scarface was doing real bad from it but I think he's ok now because I heard about that 2 weeks after it was posted. Several YouTubers I know mention people they know or have worked with have died from it.
Shit is definitely real and 2020 definitely is blowing major ass. But we're all getting angry at the wrong things, we're getting angry period. Blind rage isn't gonna help anything or help others realize that maybe shit wasn't what they thought it was.
Just realized I made a pun unintentionally. Blind Rage. Heh. New audio game title? I want royalties for whoever takes that, god damn it. big_smile

NevEd.NDO#4838
My community discord:
https://discord.gg/2duutDtGFa

2020-06-04 04:02:52

And @Liam, post 77, hats off to ya, man.  Our situations may be different, but I admire you for taking yours on.  Mine consists of caring for four kids and a wife with an auto-immune disease along with other complications.  Thankfully, the arrival of her service dog has given her some semblance of freedom back, but I know she'd prefer it be any other way than this.  When it comes to physical work around here that needs done I'm going to do it.  when it comes to meeting and greeting people at the door, I'm doing it.  When it comes to checking the mail, taking out the trash, carting in the groceries, making sure the kids are fed, showered, cleaned after and their messes picked up, I'm doing it.  and at the end of the day, when she's hungry, thirsty, feeling like dirt and in pain, needing to talk, to vent, to pour out her frustrations because things aren't the way she wishes they would be, I'm here for that, too.  but I admire your situation for a completely different reason... I hope you're still reading.
So yeah, to all the danGero's out there, remember Liam.  If you don't want to remember me, remember Liam.  My grandfather died about a year ago, and my greatest regret to date is that I couldn't be there with him when he passed away, but I had my own wife and kids to take care of, but I learned from my parents that it's not all about myself.  They took care of that man through and through, while he slipped further and further away from them, to the bitter end.  I don't know who Liam is taking care of or why, but that he's doing it is honestly the greatest tribute he could honestly hope to give them... I wish him well.  You can sit on your high-horse and claim to hell and back that your life is being made miserable by other people.  You're nonsensical and not worth listening to.  If we all took that attitude we'd tell our parents and grandparents to kill themselves so we could get on with our lives.  I'd go tell my children to run off and never come back.  It's called having a heart for humanity... I'm sure Liam doesn't always feel it, and I'm sure he doesn't always know how to express it even when he does.  But that he undertakes the job that he's undertaking is more than coming onto a forum and spewing forth a bunch of crud about how the world has done him wrong and how nothing he can do is going to fix it for him.  He's not trying to fix it for him, because to do that, he'd tell that 91 year old, whoever they are to snuff it and do it quickly.
You can come out here and throw insults all you like; that's easy.  Or, or you can be like Liam.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2020-06-04 04:08:39

Heaven help me, 90 was a great read, too.  Every time I feel there's no hope for this place, I try to remember these little tidbits that are like little rays of sunshine.

2020-06-04 04:33:43

If I go on posting I'll be accused of tripple posting, at quad-posting, quintiposting and so on, so I'm just going to say, I've been jumping around this topic and there are others who have caught my attention with their words and I'll list them here.  @78, truer words were never spoken, which is why I said above that throwing insults on a forum is much easier than taking care of loved ones.
@79, hang in there.  the alternative is that you turn into the same kind of people you hate and who hate on you.  No, it isn't easy, and I wish I hads better words to offer, but I'm doing my best to take my own advice under all the crushing circumstances and duties and obligations I'm tasked with.  If there's any way I can help do let me know.
@82, you and I don't agree on a lot, but here's another post that I can definitely get behind.  sometimes the truth is harsh, but the message was certainly worth the atempted delivery.  Sadly, I don't think it'll go through.
@87, you can tell your significant other that I'm still the biggest dramaqueen to date on this forum, and that my name is still Nocturninja, and that I still hate pineapples and pineapple pizza, and that my house is full of monkeyfaced banana nosed rattling rabbit eared bouncing Burmese Pythons, and then I'll come back out here and call you a liar, as none of the above is true, which will consequently start another dramafest and... I'm sure you get the point.  Actually, no, wait, I still do hate pineapple pizza.  so that much is true.
At 88, you jumped well the blazes over my head with whatever it was you were trying to say, but you redeemed yourself with 89.  that's not easy to do.  congratulate yourself on having been able to hook me a post later.  Most everyone else would have lost my attention and kept it that way as I would have more than likely skipped over the second.  Seriously, good work.
Now, can I hit submit and hope this place doesn't explode or that, at least, the topic hasn't been locked down?  I need to work on my satire a bit here...

2020-06-04 04:50:16

So, this exploded. I go away for six hours, and I come back to this.

I'll actually keep this brief, as most of what I have wanted to say has already been said extremely well by folks like Defender, Turtlepower, Liam and Nocturnis. But a few things do need clearing up.

NevEd's first post was not all that bad. I believe I even said that when I stepped into that thread. Touchy, maybe a little, but not awful at all. You'd have to be pretty thin-skinned to automatically assume the worst from that alone.
Stirlock, ahem, stirred things up a bit, NevEd exploded, and based then upon the entirety of the interaction, I made a judgment call. As Defender pointed out, essentially it looks like the sort of thing folks do when they're phobic. Perhaps this was unintentional on your part, NevEd, and if it was, I do apologize. I am not wholly convinced, but it is not an open-and-shut situation. I have seen this sort of pattern literally hundreds of times in social media posts, and in nearly every situation I would have been right to talk about homophobia or transphobia or whatever. Whatever your intentions, you showed a pattern that is pretty easy to spot and recognize and pretty difficult to mistake for anything else. It is possible that I misread you. And it's also possible that, being keyed-up as I am lately from all the silly bullshit I'm seeing in the world at large, I am more primed than normal to call out things when I see them. There's another post on another thread where I do this pretty loudly (not to NevEd, mind you). Point is, this was a bad combo. I'm taking no crap from anyone when it comes to racism of phobic comments, and NevEd comes in and basically lights a bunch of signal-fires. I drew a conclusion, acted on it, but warned him for personal attacks, not for his beliefs.

NevEd was not warned for his first post in that thread, and we wouldn't even be having this discussion for that post alone. I'd have just shaken my head and moved on. Not worth getting upset about. But he did escalate far enough that he deserved a warning and got one.

I also had some of my personal observations under the moderation heading. I am used to sticking a moderation notice at the top of a post, but in this case, it was wrong to have done so. I fixed it last night and I'm sorry that I did that. I feel that I'm entitled to the opinion I voiced, but it is not a staff opinion, it's a personal one. I will be better about this going forward. I don't feel that I should have to not put personal opinions forth, but I have to clearly mark them apart from moderation posts, lest it seem to others as if I'm moderating based on personal beliefs. I wasn't, and I don't, but that line can blur, and I contributed to that. I'll own it, and I'll do better. Defender, thank you for pointing this out.

Turtlepower, great fucking post. Seriously. Also, I'm very sorry at what you've gone through. I feel extremely fortunate in that the only person I know who's gotten sick got well with few complications and is fine now. Many, many others don't have that privilege.

DanGero, I could carry on about your reactions and such, but at this point, I doubt you'll listen to anything coming from me, so I'll leave it to the rest.

Oh, speaking of the rest of you, we may want to ease up on the dogpiling a bit. I don't want to have to start moderating this thread. I think there have been some pretty serious tactical mistakes in how this was handled in this thread, but I'd like to see things scale back. Righteous anger is fine. Calling people out on their shit is fine. But taunting, teasing and beating a dead horse just makes everyone involved look petty.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2020-06-04 05:00:19 (edited by NevEd 2020-06-04 05:21:53)

@Jayde You have my respect. Didn't expect a post like that from you based upon what happened yesterday but you surprised me.
Whether people feel differently about things or not they'll learn a lot from you, seeing the guy that is sometimes perceived to have the big hammer at the ready all the time say that maybe he was wrong, or fucked up, whatever it is. That's pretty rare to see from my experience.
With that, I don't think it's necessary to dump on Jayde in this topic anymore. So from the guy that definitely didn't help yesterday's situation and received the warning from Jayde, don't belittle him about this situation going forward.
And just for the sake of clarity, I don't have a single problem with gay people, trans people, whatever the message may be. My belief is people are gonna do what they feel anyway and everyone lives different lives but we all do shit that brings us together. Problem is people focus on the differences and how they separate us rather than appreciating someone else's perspective. A bi-product of societies built off of class distinction. And why should anyone, let alone myself, be mad at gay people? There's stereotypes for all kinds of different groups because of patterns for sure, but a lot of times, the gayest guy is the guy you least expect to be, from my experience. As long as they don't force it on me, go ahead bro, enjoy life, as we're not the major power players in the world. But what I do have a problem with is entitled people. And when Stirlock indicated why he thought I was ignorant but even more so like I was supposed to understand why I was ignorant, the first thing that went through my mind was "Seriously? Seriously? This goddamn SJW shit again?" And I flipped the fuck out. Every different type of people, no matter what category you place them in, has some entitled assholes in them that have triggers that people that don't have major insecurity issues suspects them to have. Whether your trans, gay, republican, liberal, vegan. Chinese, whatever.

NevEd.NDO#4838
My community discord:

2020-06-04 06:45:22 (edited by defender 2020-06-04 06:45:42)

Yeah I've found that Jade is allot like me and you NevEd.  We come on strong as hell and then back it off as we calm down.  It's gotten me into so much shit you wouldn't even believe!
It does show people that your honest though, if impulsive.

Also, I would try not to worry about the whole being at home at 20 thing so much.  Our society and economy is allot different than it was decades ago when you were expected to leave at 16 to 18 years old with no exceptions, and to be honest allot more people live with their parents up until there 30s or 40s than you might think.
It's more about contributing to the household as an adult should than getting the hell out IMO.  If your helping out financially, even if it's just enough from your social security to cover your food, utilities, phone, and internet costs, or if your helping as much as possible around the house with chores and baby sitting with a minimum of bitching, than your doing your part.

It's hard to shake that lingering feeling of shame for not being on your own feet yet, and by no means am I suggesting that you shouldn't be working on school/learning new skills or trying to get a part time job or volunteer opportunity or improving your blindness skills when possible.
But you have to agree that logically, you are at a dual disadvantage with blindness and mental shit, and can't realistically be blamed for not being at the same level as some of your peers yet if the system isn't built well enough to help you get there properly as it can with others.

I don't know your specific situation.  Maybe cultural baggage, family troubles, or serious economic problems make things different for you, but I personally couldn't hold it against you unless you just weren't trying at all in any category.

2020-06-04 06:48:47 (edited by defender 2020-06-04 06:52:31)

@nocturnus
Yeah, I sometimes write my stream of thoughts without translating them to something actually understandable, but can't think of a way to express the same thing as well in a more normal way.

Basically, what I was saying in post 87 is that I would have had a hard time deciding weather or not to say something about the (straight) comment if I was a moderator too, despite the fact that unlike Jade, I'm not even that far left.
Also, because of how the word was used, I wouldn't have expected it to be short for (straight up) despite the fact that I've heard that phrase before my self.

2020-06-04 07:11:49

@98 Thanks for the thoughtful response.
**gets personal**
Lol! Definitely impulsive. Not the impulsive go to a party and get shitfaced and throw up in someone's hamper, but as for flipping out on people that irritate me, you're rite in that respect.
I am most definitely aware of how different the economy is here. ADoseOfBuckly did a bit about an article that stated that "melennials are killing industries", which cracked me up, even though I'm technically not a melennial. But fewer and fewer younger people are buying houses anymore.
Only thing that's really expected of me is to just handle my shit, laundry, phone bill, etc. Which is fine by me. Theirs a lot of kids in the house, another blind 8 year old, a 5 y/o that literally runs everywhere and get into every fucking thing, a 15 y/o sister and a 13 y/o brother, who I hang with a lot, even though he sometimes irritates the shit out of me but he's kinda supposed to do that, he's 13 lol. They don't really expect me to handle the kids solo, least of all the youngest one, but I'm usually down there with my brother anyway, just in case some shit happens. But I don't trust my ears anymore and I'm definitely not about to knock myself out trying to run after that little girl. lmao.
Lethargy is definitely an issue for me and I think it's just cause I'm so used to being socially isolated and relegated to the house, that any work (mainly school related) I do have to do is much bigger than it really is. Ironically enough I passed the class that made me lose motivation to complete my 2 majors was my math class, I hate math, and it's not even math directly related to computers. Passed the english one also, which while boring, it was business english and I understood its importance. That's all my fault though.
As I said before I wanted to kick shit into gear this year but covid, for the most part, shut everything down. I really don't ask for much either, I'd honestly rather room with someone/find a chick that doesn't make me hurl to move in with, just because I don't trust my ears that much anymore and to balance out the blindness vs sighted dynamic. I'm sure some people are gonna ridicule me for that but to each their own.
I definitely don't feel like I have the freedom I had when I was at dorms or could have if I wasn't here. Example. I'm a recording artist and I'd personally like to record whatever the fuck I please and be allowed to explore shit without someone telling me I can't say x, y and z. Not to mention the noise. I know I shouldn't give a shit but I also don't like getting into arguments over stuff either. Also doesn't help when you feel like you have to keep a section of yourself closed off from your family because you know they'd find something wrong with it. I don't enjoy that, either. Saying you don't like Trump is practically a dirty word in this house. And I don't occupy either extreme, honestly. I just don't want to get into arguments with the guy that's largely in charge of everything in the damn house. I guess I don't like answering to people and their expectations, really.
It's not all bad though by any means. I don't hate my parents at all. I just don't agree with them on everything, some little some big, one of my grandparents lives with us (old school religious type), and I hate organized religion. He's a good dude but I'd really just rather avoid the morality/difference clash and just take my ball somewhere else if possible.

NevEd.NDO#4838
My community discord: