2020-05-18 18:03:46

To clarify, I personally don't care, I just think it's kinda funny how as soon as I released endless runner, then boom you have perilous marathon and then boom we now have this thing. It makes me wonder had I not released that if these games would exist in the first place. I am about 99.9% sure they wouldn't.

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!
Follow on twitter! @ItsBrynify
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: brynify.me

2020-05-18 18:53:37

Mason, you should be flattered to know you're an inovator

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-05-18 19:07:28

Did you even get any permission fromt he dev before deciding to post this? it kind of seems you were just like, hey! Let's go write a post about this ono AudioGames.net, I'm sure everything will be fine!

-----
YouTube
GitHub
Discord: @tunmi13#1880

2020-05-18 19:13:51

Re, disrespecting others’ work.
Two wrongs don’t make a right, isn’t that how the saying goes? Just because he disrespects someone’s work does not give the said individual to do the same to him.
As for runners, come on! There’s so much you can do with this. The question is why aren’t you?  Masons runner didn’t even come close to exhausting the genre. Blinded guide was more involved, but it’s still didn’t do everything it could have.  Speaking of originality, if we have anyone to thank for this it’s Liam. I believe he started the runner trend.

2020-05-18 19:17:04

@masonasons don't worry, blinded guide came before your game, so you didn't invent the runner concept. Not to mention that you were most likely either inspired by that game or a minigame in crazy  party in the same way someone was probably inspired by your game.

2020-05-18 19:19:16

@29 I always forget about that game. Blinded guide. I definitely didn't get my idea from that though, I got it mainly from constant motion, honestly. My idea wasn't to copy cm but to see what kind of runner I could make on my own, so I guess there's a point to be taken there now that I think about it.

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!

2020-05-18 19:19:57

@30 now that I think about it you are correct. However as I said in post 31 my inspiration wasn't from BG but from CM, so point taken

2020-05-18 19:35:12

but what could go wrong tunmi, this thing is not a clone and i know he wouldn't be angry if i would post it, so, yeah.

2020-05-18 19:39:29

@33 the thing that could go wrong is that the developer (Bran) has been banned from the forum and there is a rule against posting on behalf of a banned user.

2020-05-18 20:03:57 (edited by Dakonna 2020-05-18 20:05:26)

So what the fuck is wrong with it if he decides to make a game just like every other runner? It's only a truely bad thing if he actually steals source code. I don't see anyone complaining about cp having side scrolling games where you run to the right and jump over shit, even though battle zone, super liam and 1234567890 other side scrollers have done the very same thing before. I never saw anyone jumping down Yukio's throat for making world of war which was basically judgement day for the japanese. For once, I'm with the few people who says that we should give op a break. They didn't even develop this, and just posted it for Bran. Also, since when is posting games made by banned individuals against the rules? It's only against the rules if it's an unaughtherized code fork, and so far, no one has come up with any proof that it is. Similar mechanics don't mean unaughtherized fork, for the eleventeenth time.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2020-05-18 20:08:47

hi all, I like to inform yall that every sidescroler will be deleted and will be counted as a clone of super liam because its the first audio sidescroler

2020-05-18 20:10:36

and can anyone show me the rule for posting in behalf of a band user is a rule break

2020-05-18 20:22:18

it is a rule break if you post with like saying exact things he say and i didn't do that.

2020-05-18 20:27:19

hmm, es, yes, all sidescrollers are unauthorized forks of super liam, yes, dang it.

2020-05-18 21:08:45

It's either rule 7 or 8.

_____

2020-05-18 22:06:38

Liam wrote:

fighter2005, has been permanently banned for continually attempting to distribute games using unauthorized source code. This is further exacerbated by the fact they short circuited the ban system by posting on behalf of Mahdi. I will be discussing with the moderation team to decide if this should be a 60 day ban, or stay permanent.

2020-05-18 22:12:56

A better example was when lawrence McSchmuckface posted on my behalf and was warned

_____

2020-05-18 22:24:12 (edited by KenshiraTheTrinity 2020-05-18 22:26:37)

Anyone remember that time when someones account was hacked and they needed someone else to post on their behalf to clear things up because they got banned?

2020-05-18 22:30:24

yes but I looked again at the rules and there is no rule says that, about fighter, well he posted about sudden attack, which is a clone

2020-05-18 22:34:10

he posted a clone, this is not a clone, so eah, big difference, and we had topics in the past like this.

2020-05-18 22:52:26

You still fail to answer the main question: do you have the permission to post a link to this game? If you do, you are posting on a band user‘s behalf and thus breaking the rules. If you don’t, you are breaking the rules by distributing something which the developer did not wish to release to the public.  You lose either way.

2020-05-18 22:56:10

To be honest, concept clones are made in arcade all the time.
Now some of them are better than others.
True this aint much more than a simple time waster to get rid of stress or to jog the brain.
Well while not really much use, I mean look at branble, for example there really isn't much substance to it, ie you don't really win, but its nice to get your mind out of the rutt especially now the world has ended.
In new zealand I am fortunate that our lockdown is entering stage 2 of 4 and downgrading.
Life will be tough for a few years and travel may not exist as it was for a few more but we are getting out of it slowly.
To be honest, I have a million apps like this and this one I decided to keep because the sounds were good and it gave enough challenge that I could role with it.
However to be honest I'd actually like games like this to have a manual mode.
Ie, you had to run or walk yourself, jump your self, avoid blades or maybe smash them, get stones instead of destroying them, and when near a blade throwing them at them and destroying them, and run to some sort of story.
These automatic games are a dime a dozen but if a game like this had a manual mode, maybe with no score but a story, beginning middle and end, and a good plot on top of it it may just be a load better.
As for the sounds, the more brootle the better.
For those that havn't heard it I would encourage you to listen to some of those mk streams especially liam's ones.
Fact is clones are not the issue here.
They never were.
Stolen code and sounds, well depending how things came out well who knows.
I have also had some sounds I guess I could say put on a free sounds pack and generally released without my permition.
Firstly they were mine, given to a company well rsgames for one of their games that never made it as a full version.
They were not as especially good recordings, in fact they were used in the age of slaughter game which doesn't work.
Also battlezone.
I also played both these games.
And do play battlezone from time to time.
I gave the sounds to rsgames, but others got them somehow.
These people used them for a lot of epic programs better than their initial use.
I even have the pack with them in.
They seem to make it into ever battling game.
I never put a licence on these and they are used everywhhere.
I made these sounds for enemy unit types, originally for guards but warriors and soldiers would work to they are generic.
Now, imagine for a moment that I decided that I didn't care for this and made a song and dance over it.
We may have banned the clones, but the stuff is out there.
Pandora's box is opened, and we can't close it.
There needs to be some point in time where we need to say, well mistakes were made, but like rabbits etc its everywhere now.
I think its time to let it live as one of those thhings.
As long as they are good.
Now saying that in my case I gave those freely.
I never sold rights to rs so they are technically mine.
I never licenced anything, legal or otherwise so if you really want to be technical about it, they are public domain.
Technically they are being missused but they are being used for their intended purpose.
The project that was going to have them never made it past public beta, so I don't feel bad that someone is using them for what they were.
They were 1 shots anyway.
Now if rsgames had payed me something like 100000 bucks or any amount of cash over say 1 or 2000 then maybe I'd have grounds to sue but they didn't.
And at any rate they are like 10 poor quality crappy sounds not worth legal costs.
Code is a bit harder, but companies steal eachother's stuff all the time from ideas to what not.
Sometimes they get away with it or sometimes they will battle for it but eventually things play out as they do.
On here, we are generating more drama over the stupid  clones than the damn clones themselves.
If an idea is cloned and its just the concept then be happy if it sparks so many look alikes.
And if that doesn't settle with you its another portable program to put on your memmory stick.
While you need to get through antivirus scanners the point is especially in a restricted network environment, the portable app, cloud app and web app are essential because you don't have to install them.
Now any port or clone  of anything needs to be registered.
But you can base something on something else, even using the same concept or idea as long as its not exactly like  the one you used it for.
But the differences between that is quite small.
For example, changing the sounds and releasing the same code just isn't a good idea.
However if the thing can be modded releasing the sounds etc on the same engine in a pack is not especially if you can do so.
Releasing using a slightly different name, your own code and sounds but base it on whatever was before just your take on it is good.
Companies do it all the time.
Now granted it can be a bit hit and miss.
If its to close to your original idea you may feel its threatening your idea or rights or market value and take action but all the person that is doing whatever it is needs to do is change the name and its probably ok.
Now bgt is old and yeah we are recieving a lot of little time wasters like this but the industry hasn't generated any really big projects for ages now bar a few companies like vgstorm most are quiet or havn't released in a while.
Nothing big has come out for the pc and that could be because some mainstream stuff is going on phones and consoles.
Who knows.
For me my focus on gaming has shifted.
I used to be a diehard adicted gamer but that aint so much of my life now.
Granted some of the people on here are still teenagers like I was, so there will be drama but as it stands, the forum is getting a bad name for being a drama fuled pit where if you say something someone doesn't like you get jumpped on.
If I ever was a dev, while this would be where I posted my stuff it wouldn't be the first place I may do it necessarily.
It used to be the place I'd gladly post to but even I need to watch what I say here.

2020-05-18 23:32:33

Lol, you know the rules on here are taken 600 percent too far when you are disallowed to  post a game release. There, our forum now has a new purpose.

2020-05-19 01:27:59

If that is not an actual rule, then I stand corrected. However, I have seen many people get moderated very harshly for posting in behalf or as a result of a banned user. If this is not a rule either officially or officially, then as I said, I stand corrected.

2020-05-19 01:56:33

if its a rule ffeall free to paist it here, I looked at them a tun of times but found nun that prevents posting on behalf of a band user