2020-05-17 02:38:30

I know, there's a whole topic in the dev room for sounds. Trust me I've looked. I can't find any good singular step sounds in sets of more than 2. Please help!
Also as a little sidenote, just because something is used in another game does NOT mean the next game that uses it is stealing from it.

2020-05-17 02:42:36

you have 2options. sound editing or buying sounds.

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2020-05-17 02:50:31

I think that anyone can make step sounds If they can get around, have a variety of shoes, a variety of terrain types, and a good recording system.

2020-05-17 02:52:09

well, I do have a stereo recorder somewhere, it'll be editing that will stop me. If I make the sounds, could someone on here edit them into singular sounds for me?

2020-05-17 02:52:42

actually, screw that idea, can someone teach me how to edit sounds? Just a little guide on cropping would be nice.

2020-05-17 02:59:05 (edited by Pineapple Pizza 2020-05-17 03:01:16)

Rory, just get gold wave. Trimming and editing in general is ridiculously simple with it. Zapsplat and the freesound.org Collection defender made probably have the most footsteps sounds that you can fine for free, actually fuck it, I'll post back here in a little wile with a few links.

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.

2020-05-17 03:06:47

I'm not technically skilled but used to do some nice editing with audacity. Just dont know how to do stereo panning with it..

2020-05-17 03:12:17 (edited by Pineapple Pizza 2020-05-17 03:21:35)

Before I paste these links, I’m going to stress once more that trimming audio is probably one of the easiest things to learn. This could just be me,, but it seems to be a hindrance to you that you can’t use even the basic functions of an audio editor. Just go learn it. It will pay off.

All of these are from zap splat, because it and the freesound.org package are the best places to find free footstep sound affects. There is much more where these came from. The quality could be a little better on occasion, but it’s better than nothing by a long shot.

Footsteps in high heels

https://www.zapsplat.com/sound-effect-p … igh-heels/

Footsteps on boardwalk

https://www.zapsplat.com/sound-effect-p … boardwalk/

Footsteps on stony Path

https://www.zapsplat.com/sound-effect-p … tony-path/

Dry grass

https://www.zapsplat.com/sound-effect-p … dry-grass/

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.

2020-05-17 03:51:19

thanks!
But isn't gold wave paid?
I have lots of money at the moment, so it's not a problem if it is. Well, that always depends on how much is it. So how much is it?

2020-05-17 04:13:53 (edited by Pineapple Pizza 2020-05-17 04:22:40)

15 u s dollars for one year, 45 dollars life time

2020-05-17 04:24:41

Audacity is a lot better and it's free  from what I know goldwave cannot even load more than one track

2020-05-17 05:02:20

That is incorrect. Goldwave can open many tracks, though it’s editing technically happens on a track to track basis.

2020-05-17 05:21:33

So, will this convoluted idea work?

I have a pretty large yard with a surprising amount of different teraines. So, what if I record the sounds with my tab,  post it to YouTube then use YTMP3.cc to download it then edit it? Or I can buy some.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-05-17 05:36:58

Gold wave or audacity depends on your preferences. I may be wrong on this but audacities accessibility has been questionable, and it’s interface at least in my experience it leaves a bit to be desired. On the other hand, it is completely free, where gold wave is, somewhat not free. But what gold wave does best, quick and efficient audio editing, it does very very well. You cannot make editing much simpler, and I mean Audacity and reaper are more multi track-based audio editors, and they work with projects instead of single audio files. When I need to make a quick alteration to an audio file, I will use gold wave every single time because it seems to be exactly what is meant for. Where with audacity or reaper, I would probably have to first paste the file into a new project window edit it, and then render the entire thing again.

@Jaidon, doing that would result in some loss to audio quality in some form during the process. I believe when you upload the video a bit is lost. I might be wrong on that. When youdownload it as a different format than either it’s original, you’re probably going to lose some Quality as well.

2020-05-17 06:09:07

oh, hmm, that's quite a lot but if I was sure I'd use it I'd definitely make the buy. I wonder if it has a trial.

2020-05-17 08:51:34

yes. it does have a trile.

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2020-05-17 09:56:30 (edited by KenshiraTheTrinity 2020-05-17 09:59:23)

Accessibility is fine with audacity. Never ran into an unlabeled button. I have used it to loop tracks, change their speed and pitch, layered them,  hange the reverb and rebound and amplification and cut them up and undo all of that when necessary. Just wish I knew of a way to use it for stereo panning, so if I need a stereo sound I try to find one that's already stereo..

2020-05-17 10:18:22

Hi I used audacity a few times with the jaws scripts you can pan tracks I didn't do it but I know it can be done.

2020-05-17 10:34:50 (edited by Still_Standing 2020-05-17 10:38:42)

at post 11 that's because audacity is a multi track editor, and goldwav  iss single track editor, just like sound forge, also, it seems to me that the  very basic  functions  of an audio editor can be grasped easily enough, post 8 was right on that,  i've used auacity before but honestly i wasn't used to the multi track editors at that time so i switched to goldwav, it was much better especially for editing and the effects, wit some plugins i was be able to turn it in to  my simple home made studio.
at post one, it was better if you've gotten your self a sound designer that mite be able to help you out.

And as anyone who's gone mountain climbing knows ,The serene snow-covered peaks that look so tranquil from a bdistance, Are the deadliest
sound is my vision
i rarely check my private messages on the forum, so if you want to contact me please use my email, or dm me  at oussama40121 on tw

2020-05-17 10:44:36

I'm sorry to ruin your recording plans, but it's almost impossible to record footsteps outside withoud pro equipment, trust me, I tryed it...
All the birds, winds, passing cars, screaming moms and kids, barking dogs, everything can be heard in the recording. Most of that can be ignored by using a gate and then a looot of equalizing, but it's still really hard to get something usefull...

check my sounds on
freesound

2020-05-17 11:48:51

@ KenshiraTheTrinity, This might not work at all, but I was able to press shift p to pan things. That was some time ago however and things may have changed.

2020-05-17 12:14:11

https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/1841 … -released/

2020-05-17 13:57:33

@20, I live in a quiet suburban neighbour hood so that's not a problem.

Hmm, goldwave costs 315 Trinidadian. Not bad

I'll look into that soon

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-05-17 15:55:30 (edited by Still_Standing 2020-05-17 15:56:16)

at post 23  same thing here., my location doesn't have much noise at all

And as anyone who's gone mountain climbing knows ,The serene snow-covered peaks that look so tranquil from a bdistance, Are the deadliest
sound is my vision
i rarely check my private messages on the forum, so if you want to contact me please use my email, or dm me  at oussama40121 on tw

2020-05-17 15:56:08

since when did gold wave require early subscriptions? I payed once for e licence

Their is no such thing as a master.  One is never done learning, and those who claim to be a master at something are far from becoming one!!