2019-12-26 19:08:15

Thank you for the answers. Maybe it's obvious, but since I haven't a 3DS yet I don't know what NVision is or how you use it... Could you explain this a little more please?

2019-12-26 19:29:15

If you play oon a DS, I would use Seeing AI. If you are playing on an emulator, I would use OCR.

2019-12-26 20:39:21 (edited by Loxias 2019-12-26 20:42:35)

I've tried OCR on the computer itself with an emmulator many times, it almost never reads anything back to me, and when it does it's mangled beyond recognition. Seeing AI works a little better, but is still pretty inefficient. In the end it's faster for me to just use a save editing program to check things like stats and my items. PKX Delta is a fantastic program for generations 1-3, and Pokesav, while a little clunky, works for gen 4. I haven't found anything accessible for later games. This is all a lot easier to do with an emmulator.

2019-12-27 20:50:08

Hi,

@51

NVision is an app on the iphone, and to be honest, i find it working way better then seeing ai, but it is all about personal preference smile

One major downside is, that NVision after 14 days requires a paid subscription or a one time payment of 100 euro's, don't know on how much this will be when dollars or pounds are kept in mind, but i asume they stick with the 100 amount. That's where seeing ai is very strong, free and in my oppinion reasonable recognition.

Greetz mike

Visit the following website to see what games we have:
http://www.nonvisiongames.com
Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:
https://www.retro-kingdom.com

2019-12-28 05:58:39

@53

Really? I use it all the time. Have you made sure that the emulator is full screen? To make it even more accurate, you could make either the top or bottom screen full screen, depending on what you're trying to read.

2019-12-28 09:09:15

Also can confirm, OCR with the newer games works fairly well right from the get go.

2019-12-28 12:53:27

Ok I'll try NVision, just to compare it with Seeing A I. Thank you for the tips, I didn't know you could check your inventory by checking the save files.
The thing is, when you play with an emulator, how do you manage to aim with the mouse when you have to select something on the touch screen? For exemple, at the beginning of platinum you have to click on the pokeball that is in the center of the screen, I have never managed to do it myself except by pure luck! And you have a moment like this in black and white, when you have to select costumes for your pokemons...

2019-12-28 14:58:39

Think in both instances you can use buttons.

2019-12-28 16:00:09

If you're talking about on the actual hardware, that is incorrect. You absolutely need to use the touchscreen. Believe me I've tried buttons in both those cases.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2019-12-30 02:34:03

@55 Yeah, I've tried going fullscreen. At least for generations 2 and 3, it doesn't help with OCR at all. I don't think I've tried with later games.

2019-12-30 08:51:41

Couldn't we now play pokemon games with Retroarch and OCR?
Unless Retroarch doesn't support ds/ gameboy roms?
Grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, β€˜It might have been.
Follow me on twitter