2019-12-29 11:22:22

Alright, one small clarification here. I never had a project called bloodbath. Actually, I never coded any propper games to begin with. I merely talked about this game before release.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

Thumbs up

2019-12-29 13:38:49

ok got the update and now getting server lost.

Thumbs up

2019-12-29 13:48:32

I downloaded yesterday, server lost. I updated today, server lost.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2019-12-29 14:14:43

same thing here. Probablz the server is down again.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

Thumbs up

2019-12-29 14:28:55

Same

Thumbs up

2019-12-29 14:41:58

@connor142 It's a different connor.

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.

Thumbs up

2019-12-29 14:48:47

the server is back i believe

2019-12-29 15:12:48

I do have some questions, and not because it is my intention to bash people, but because I'm genuinely curious.

1. How much was this game actually tested before release?
2. When the game was tested, how many people played at once? And how often did people run into lag and false speedhack detections?

The reason I ask is because these appear to be pretty recurring problems in games like this, and while that doesn't justify bashing at such a high level by any means, I could've seen this coming from pretty much the other end of the world. Most players don't appear to be crying because they want something to cry about, but because there are huge and very foreseeable issues.

This entire thread just appears to be a pretty spot on reminder of why I don't try out these kinds of titles anymore. Even if I wanted to attack people personally (which I do not), there would simply be too many to name.

Thumbs up

2019-12-29 15:19:25

Hi
I tested the game and I have two issues.
First, when I unzip the file, the antivirus of windows detect virus. I must disable antivirus for work, how to do for enable the antivirus and lunch he game?
Both, there are very a lot of lag in tame.

Thumbs up

2019-12-29 15:33:36

ok so i have a couple questions.

firstly what are coins for? secondly can you regain health if so how?

Thumbs up

2019-12-29 15:40:10

ultrabombs, press enter one and deploy it, 2, gather 50 coins, 3 go above the ultrabomb and keep inserting those coinis, you need 50., when you insert 50 coins, the bomb will explode, killig almost everyone in the  map

2019-12-29 15:42:30

Hi!
I really like this game apart from the lag, which hopefully will be fixed soon!

My main interest is tech.
Follow me on twitter if you would like, my username is @stealthy153

Thumbs up

2019-12-29 15:44:23

Hi there,
You can get health by picking up health items. I may add antibiotics or something in the future for those who would rather be able to have health items in reserve should they need to use them.
To the person asking about testing with lag and speedhack detection.
Speedhack detection wasn't actually added until after release, when we noticed several people abusing it. As for the lag, the most beta members we could usually get on at a given time was around 3 or 4. We were never truly able to test the game with massive amounts of players. Even when it went public for a week in september, we never noticed any real lag issues then, probably because the player count was about the same. We just had no way of  preparing for this, and no way to see this coming.
Speaking of lag, we're about to release an update transitioning back to the old server. I was hoping this one would help fix the lag issue at least to a degree, but it seems to have if anything made things a lot worse.

Thumbs up

2019-12-29 15:46:17

the server is down and no update detected. i can't wait for the old server, back to 70ms pings and killing everyone!

Thumbs up

2019-12-29 15:49:02

@163, you had more than 4 people in your skype group for beta testing, though. You could have, you know, communicated to them that you need them to hammer the server at a set date and time during which you'd monitor the game's performance. Just saying dude, you had the resources. Whether you've used them correctly is another issue.

Thumbs up +1

2019-12-29 15:49:37

This is his first online game, so cut him some slack.

Thumbs up

2019-12-29 15:51:09 (edited by omer 2019-12-29 15:51:40)

4 players and 15 are verry diffrent, 165
the old server never had such lag with 4 5 players

2019-12-29 16:00:06

nope, it's not his first, he was working on SBP too. Whether it was his code or he bought it, I don't care, technically it is his game now. When you buy the code you buy the responsibilities of it as well. Ping does not matter? That's the best thing I've heard a developer say.

Thumbs up

2019-12-29 16:03:17

So, sounds like you have an alright game if you want to allow people to host their own servers. A central server for what you have set up is unreasonable.

The universe is a rain storm. We are droplets sent to quench the problems of the world, yet we are blown sideways by the winds of distractions.

Thumbs up

2019-12-29 16:04:58

Also, I downloaded the update this morning. It says there are sounds available, and asks if I want to download them, but before I can say yes, another message pops up and says stuff about speed hacking detected, and I can't get past it without closing out of the entire application.

The universe is a rain storm. We are droplets sent to quench the problems of the world, yet we are blown sideways by the winds of distractions.

Thumbs up

2019-12-29 16:08:27

@166, see, I am all for giving people grace. Hell, if I happen to release one myself I would ask for some slack, but for an entirely different reason.
1: Charlie asked people to beta test the game for him.
2: His request was granted, giving him around 10 people to play the early version of the game with, including yours truly
3: There was little (if any) communication between him and us as testers. No ideas were bounced around to the Skype group, no feedback was requested... nothing.
4: When he posted a topic stating that this game would be released, I told him all the reasons why he should keep it under wraps until he had something new and until all the bugs were polished (fun fact! The needing to close and re-open the game client after being poisoned bug was still there yesterday. It was around ever since Charlie added poisons, and he knew about it because I have pointed it out to him and he has seen and experienced it for himself.)
Had he been developing this project with 3 or 4 people, I would have given him more grace. Had Charlie flew solo, I would have given him more grace, but knowing that there's a bug in your game and still going through with release speaks of pure laziness and or the need to get something out which, shocker, you don't.
So, no, I will not, as you say, "cut him some slack".

Thumbs up

2019-12-29 16:08:31

Oh god no. Never has letting people    Host   their own servers worked.  It seems to  decentralize everything.

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.

Thumbs up

2019-12-29 16:09:32

Yep, just tried the game with the same results. Why does it even try to detect speedhacking before you even log in or well, do anything?

Thumbs up

2019-12-29 16:13:26

@171, i was not aware of this, i apoligize.

Thumbs up

2019-12-29 16:29:13

Few things here.
@amerikranian, you may recall me messaging in the beta skype several times after an update was released for people to come online so we could make sure a new feature or whatever was working without issues. You weren't around in the few days leading up to release, but then when we were recoding the weapon system I asked several times for anyone available to come online because we needed as many people as possible connected so we could make sure lag wouldn't be a problem before release. Usually about three or 4 people would help, but a large number of people in the group basically did a hole lot of nothing for most of the beta period.
You may also remember me asking for ideas. I was sometimes given some, but usually they were impractical to add or just too outside of what I could do at the time. Often times my messages simply went un replied to.
So no, it's not like I didn't try, because I did. It's just that most of the people in that folder weren't around when we needed them, or weren't around all together.
Regarding custom servers, an idiot is completely right on this one. Custom servers basically murdered sbp, tk, rtr and up, for usually the same or similar reasons. Sorry, we're not doing that again.

Thumbs up