2019-12-28 02:39:28 (edited by haily_merry 2020-01-03 23:21:33)

Hey everyone,
After 6 months of hard work, we would like to finally present to you the public beta of bloodbath, our all new online first person shooter!
The game features a variety of weapons and items you can use to aid you in your killing, along with high quality original sound effects for each of them.
Throughout development we have been doing our best to innovate, bring new ideas to the table as well as put interesting spins on existing ones from other games.
The readme should prepare you for most things you'll have to encounter in the game, but always expect the unexpected. You never know what might come your way.
You can find out more about the game, as well as download it if you wish, from
http://cjm-productions.net/bloodbath
alternative link in case the above link fails,
https://www.dropbox.com/s/p5bze9eji9ryk … h.zip?dl=1
Please note that while we have tested the game extensively before release and have done our best to make sure it is as bug free as possible, be aware that this is still beta software. There may be issues. Please be patient with us in these first few weeks / months of release.
With that said, we hope you enjoy bloodbath, and a slightly belated merry Christmas to you all!

Thumbs up +1

2019-12-28 02:46:33

Hi. Congratulations on the new release. Since I just woke up at 2 am and I haven’t anything else to do, I’m going to give this a try.

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

Thumbs up

2019-12-28 02:51:33

Waswaiting

Thumbs up

2019-12-28 04:00:02

I can't download it it says the website doesn't exist.

2019-12-28 04:07:38

I love this. It's, the best fucking game.

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

Thumbs up

2019-12-28 04:07:57

It's, totally not stolen or coppied or stolen or ah fuck me.

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

Thumbs up +1

2019-12-28 04:22:22

Actually, my dear, its not stolen. Charlie got the original game source with rights to it. So go learn your facts and stop trying to start things.

-
"There is beauty in simplicity."

2019-12-28 04:22:41

Wait, how come "This version of bloodbath is no longer compattible. Please update to the latest version in order to continue playing.", when I've just downloaded it?

We live on a hunk of rock and metal that circles a humdrum star that is one of 400 billion other stars that make up the Milky Way Galaxy which is one of billions of other galaxies which make up a universe which may be one of a very large number, perhaps an infinite number, of other universes. That is a perspective on human life and our culture that is well worth pondering.
Carl Sagan

Thumbs up

2019-12-28 04:24:03

You must update the game. They're trying to add autoupdaters that work.

-
"There is beauty in simplicity."

2019-12-28 04:25:34 (edited by Mads 2019-12-28 04:38:06)

I literally "just downloaded it now, like now now.
Oh, and yeah, I tried downloading it again  with the same result, so something is definitely fishy here, or Charlie decided to update the game two times, each time just after I downloaded it, which seems highly unlikely.
Running 0.84

We live on a hunk of rock and metal that circles a humdrum star that is one of 400 billion other stars that make up the Milky Way Galaxy which is one of billions of other galaxies which make up a universe which may be one of a very large number, perhaps an infinite number, of other universes. That is a perspective on human life and our culture that is well worth pondering.
Carl Sagan

Thumbs up

2019-12-28 04:38:01 (edited by Dan Gero 2019-12-28 04:39:13)

I'm going to give this a try, albeit I usually don't like online games because of the trolling that goes on. Nevertheless, I'm still gonna try it and see how it is, and I'm going to go with the benefit of the doubt and assume it's not ripped off of somebodies source.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2019-12-28 04:40:48

@mads, guess you just had bad timing. Try again. We just released an update.
Now, I'd just like to clear something up. This was *not* made using stolen code. Multiple people who have seen this thing when it was a very early beta can testify to that. Also, @redfox, coming on here and complaining just because you were given a very legitimate ban for breaking rule 4 isn't a good way to go about things.

Thumbs up +1

2019-12-28 04:42:40

Great. Thanks. Guess the 4 AM gaming will happen after all.

Carl Sagan

Thumbs up

2019-12-28 04:43:11

I was waiting for this! And oh man, I'm excited to try this. Thank you so much. let me tell you this could be an awesome star wars game as well, since I have almost every single star wars sound effect this could be an epic game! Let me know if this is a good idea.

Thumbs up

2019-12-28 05:46:44

OK, here's my take on this. This game is OK, but there's too much lag and this honestly isn't my type of game anyway. I'm really sorry, but I just didn't get into it. As for whether or not it's a, quote, "clone", it does take a few concepts from the Killer, but it has so many things different about it and so many things that were aggravating about the Killer that were removed that I honestly can't tell. I will say this, however. I am drifting slightly towards the side of it is not ripping off any code. I'm pretty sure you guys don't have to worry about that. Once again, cmerry, I'm sorry that I didn't get much into it. I do have various reasons for why I don't get into these games which you can find if you look into my past posts far enough, but it's nothing personal against you nor Ivan.

TWITCH

2019-12-28 05:56:24

downloading it now

Thumbs up

2019-12-28 05:56:55

@15, it's ok. Everyone likes different things. I myself find games like these incredibly difficult owing to my autism giving me huge sensory overload, assentially meaning that I hear all these sounds and things and weapons and... it all kind of blends into a cacophony of noise. It also doesn't help I feel just about every emotion about 10 times harder than a regular person. I enjoy playing these games though partly because of the challenge, and partly because I like the concept so much anyway I can usually laugh it off when I get killed.
In other news, I just pushed an update adding F4 to toggle beacons, as well as a server update which should hopefully fix our crashing issues with poisonstars.

Thumbs up

2019-12-28 06:23:04

I will say this though. One feature request I'd like to make would be to add language support so that people will be able to translate the game. Speaking as someone who has the desire to get into a possible career as a translator for many different things among other possible career choices, we love to see programs that have the ability to be translated into other languages out of the box. If you're going to do that, I'd have a language folder in the main directory so you can add language txt files and be able to test them right away. This is just a suggestion though.

TWITCH

2019-12-28 07:04:31

@Cmary, I ment my posts as jokes, not actually saying you ripped any code off, just being an ass as usual.

----------

Thumbs up

2019-12-28 08:16:27

Moderation:
Redfox, you keep doing this. You keep screwing with people when new games come out. You've been asked about this, asked to better manage what you show to people and the way that you manage the impressions you project.
If you're stirring the pot just to see what happens, that's not a good thing.
I am issuing a warning for this. It is not needed. I don't care how funny you think it is. If you are the sort who thinks it's funny to essentially run up behind someone, punch them and run away while laughing, you are not going to last long here. We don't need this. At all. Ever.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

Thumbs up

2019-12-28 08:56:01

Erik wrote:

this could be an awesome star wars game as well, since I have almost every single star wars sound effect this could be an epic game! Let me know if this is a good idea.

If you want to get this game struck down by Palpatine, the deathstar, or worse, or in non-intergalactic terms, a copyright strike, then have on...or not. I know you're excited, but you need to understand that an indie developer, much less an audiogame developer, will never be able to straight-up do a Starwars game. Starwars content licensing is at expensive prices payable by game studios who can put millions into development. Telltale games tried it with The Walking Dead, and while it got them a game award, they funded the game by losing all their money. So probably not a good idea to go all hey, let's use every Starwars sound effect we have. Then again we do have light battles, which is just as much a legal grayarea but both games are free, I mean at least I assume Charlie doesn't plan on making money on this game yet. But there's a stark difference between an fps like this, and Light BAttles/Star-Trek Final Conflict and company.

Thumbs up

2019-12-28 08:57:34

Also, congrats on the release. I'm definitely going to download this and have a look.
@DanGero: Could the lag be your internet connection by any chance? Otherwise it depends on what machine hcarlie is using to run the server. IA VPS would be ideal as it avoids residential internet barriers, but at the same time where the vps is located may have a speed impact when it comes to rapidfire packet-flow.

Thumbs up

2019-12-28 09:04:45

Part of it could be my Internet, but all the other players who were online at the time reported issues as well. Plus, my download speeds were at a peak of 4 megs through out the day until about 30 minutes ago.

TWITCH

2019-12-28 10:44:45

15mb, with a lot of features? wow!

Thumbs up

2019-12-28 11:06:09

This game is not my type, dont know if more because of the game or the players, but I can happily help you get started with the server stuff by evenh hosting the game for you for some time. Keep in mind I have no interest in getting some kind of a BGT server and spinning it all arround the internet.
This is just a friendly offer.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com