2019-12-18 08:19:37 (edited by KenshiraTheTrinity 2019-12-18 08:23:46)

After spending some time with the android version, I have found it to be fully accessible. Below is a description and link to that version.

AI Dungeon is an AI powered text based adventure with infinite possibilities.

Imagine a world that you could explore infinitely, continually finding an endless amount of entirely new content and adventures.

What if you could also choose any action you can think of instead of being limited by the imagination of the developers who created the game?

This is AI Dungeon.

Any action you take, anything you choose to say, anywhere you choose to go, in any time period you want to play - there's an infinite number of adventures waiting.

AI Dungeon is the first limitless text adventure game of its kind built with  extremely advanced artificial intelligence using a massive deep neural network at its core.

Link to android version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … .aidungeon

And here is the iOS version if someone wants to see if it works.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/ai-dungeon/id1491268416

2019-12-18 08:59:47

do you know how much this game costs?

hi. i am a dark matter miner. yeah, i am setting mines that when something steps on it, it will explode and release huge amount of dark matters. oh sorry... i am a slave miner, i am mining dark matters...

2019-12-18 09:05:03

It costs zero dollars and zero cents.

2019-12-18 09:42:18

thanks for this game!!!!! Amazing haha

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2019-12-18 10:05:26

i downloaded this game but i don't know how to play...

hi. i am a dark matter miner. yeah, i am setting mines that when something steps on it, it will explode and release huge amount of dark matters. oh sorry... i am a slave miner, i am mining dark matters...

2019-12-18 10:20:51

It's like playing a mud, but its supposed to be more flexible, meaning you are not restricted to a specific set of commands. Also this was only just released, so expect some errors to occur from time to time. Start by choosing the number for your type of adventure and class and name your character, then off you go.

As an amusing side note, I had a knight who got jumped by a dragon but slew it and I was gravely injured in the process, so I cast curaga and felt much better and went on my way.  Totally didn't expect a square enix spell to work.

2019-12-18 10:35:54

So I launch the app, what do I get?

You either have to give them your email or sign in with facebook to continue.

Why can't these things just be straight forward?

I'll keep the game on my phone, hopefully they'll ad a sign in with apple option in future.

2019-12-18 14:51:02

Lol at 7.

How much more straight forward do you want it? This is an online service, so of course you have to make an account. See my bit about it being like a mud. If you saw the thread in general, then you would know that its using google to do the heavy lifting. Honestly, it really is not hard to enter an email, your user name and password. You did have to do that to have an account here, right? So what's the difference?

2019-12-18 14:57:36

I hope this works on IOS, I tried to work it online and it didn't work because they shut it down or something. Hoping to really enjoy this one.

2019-12-18 15:24:02

i love this game. but, i want to ask a questions. first, is there combat part existing? second, if the combat is existing, is it same as other rpgs?

2019-12-18 15:26:26

I'm having a weird problem. I'm trying to get to the game on IOS and while the link above takes me somewhere, I can't actually get it if I search for the thing on the app store and thus haven't been able to get it to play.

2019-12-18 15:46:42

Try googling ai dungeon for iOS and android. Even searching for this I the play store was near impossible for me. The article I found was by the verge.

2019-12-18 16:34:21 (edited by Slender 2019-12-18 16:37:32)

The iOS app works decently enough, though I still prefer the web version as that appears to be more responsive in my tests. I've gone on way too many strange adventures with this thing. One time I executed some guy with a chainsaw, decapitated him and crushed his head for good measure because he took some perfume away from me and wouldn't give it when I asked nicely. Yeah I managed to unleash my inner tyrant with that one. There was also the time one of my characters had a relationship with a woman named Selene. After a while, though, the model seemed to get into a loop and she got old pretty fast. I tried killing her off, and the AI tried to justify my actions, saying that she was some sort of vampire even though this was never previously mentioned, and yet for some reason it got really attached to her and I could never completely get her out of the story, her corpse would always end up sleeping somewhere no matter where I went. There's also the time I flew up to the moon, danced with it, and then threw it into the earth, destroying an entire city along with the moon itself. Yeah this thing can get seriously wild. You just have to think of ideas.

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2019-12-18 17:34:00

Anyone figured out how to use slash commands like /help or /censor etc on the IOS app?

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2019-12-18 17:53:04

Hi.

So, do I get this right, this is not limited to traditional fantasy items and enemys, you also have Scie Fy elements if the game decides to throw them in? Sounds quite, interesting so to speak, will give it a wirl and see what comes out of it.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2019-12-18 18:45:04

I really like this. My questions are, how do you pass time, example, a man walks up to you, opens the door and stares at you?, or, you hear a gunshot in the distance. And Where's the web version

Power is not the responsibility of freedom, but it is actually the responsibility of being responsible, it's self, because someone who is irresponsible is enslaved by their own weaknesses.

2019-12-18 18:48:45

hi gana have to try it out it sounds great.

"But did you, in your three-piece psychology and 1950's technobrain,
ever take a look behind the eyes of the hacker?  Did you ever wonder what
made him tick, what forces shaped him, what may have molded him?"

2019-12-18 19:01:50

I wish we could save our progress on the mobile version. I'm roll playing a deranged soldier in an iraq desert.

Power is not the responsibility of freedom, but it is actually the responsibility of being responsible, it's self, because someone who is irresponsible is enslaved by their own weaknesses.

2019-12-18 19:03:19

apparently there are a lot more features coming to this in the near future, so I'm excited to see how this turns out.

2019-12-18 20:09:50

I have a few issues with it, but they're not the app's fault. It's the AI. Example, A character asks me what my name is. I say "I am Jack". Then he says Hello. I'm jack, nice to meet you... What the? I also think the AI isn't following it's own story very well. For example, it says I'm in the desert, but when I say Talk to doctor, who I know I grabbed before leaving, it says, he turns away from the desk and says hello. I guess we can't expect perfect, because sense it's an AI with basically limitless possibilities, beggers can't be choosers. I'd like to see possibly an actual party system, so the thing about the doctor turning away from a desk that was in a building while you're supposedly in the desert doesn't happen. It's really fun though. Now I feel like the green lantern because I could make it do what ever, where ever.

2019-12-18 20:28:37

I got it up and running and had some great adventures so far. I'll tell you though that you can get some really interesting stuff with "custom."

The first one I played was just as a peasant, I first was asked to hunt some bandits by some woman, then I realized she was lying to me and protecting the bandits, but with some talk I was able to learn that the bandits were just refugees from a town that got taken by orcs. I then went and fought the orcs, died, came back to life as an orc, turned human, learned to use a bow, and then tried to become a guard in this town that didn't speak my language and after learning the language, still didn't want me there. My Iphone went dead at that point so had ot charge.

I then did a Spy adventure and boy, did this thing turn me a lot more violent than I intended to be. I was trying to get information out of this guy so I decided to "punch him a few times." and instead it had me cut his throat too. I then interviewed a corrupt sherriff, somehow wound up in a town with mutants after being drugged, stepped into drug lab and learned about some weird guy called Mr. X. and then the game went  into a weird bug where no matter what I did it said "You decide to stay in the house." about 5 or six times in a row no matter what I did. and in many cases, I would just meet someone and they would say I was supposed to kill them for no reason. Another time though, I had to assassinate this weird old guy who told me to kill him, but for some reason, they had me yell for help as soon as I injected him with poison, I got in trouble with the police, couldn't talk my way out of it so had to pay a $10 (that's ten) dollar bribe to get out of suspicion for murder.

I then took a page from a book I was reading and decided to be a Russian Peasant trying to pay for his wife's operation by working in a mine. First I went into this armpit town, then I went into the mine where there was a random fight going on, nearly got killed (there was some adult content here as well) and then I found out, though it said nothing about this in the mine attack that the mine attackers were orcs. I rallied the town around me, destroyed the orcs, was given some land after I convinced the townies I wasn't a murderer, paid for my beloved's operation and married her. Apparently I had some other wife I didn't know about because they mentioned there were problems now and I'd have to get rid of the first one. Then I slaughtered some bandits out of nowhere for no reason and no wind-up and then I went into a cave, talked to an ogre who vowed to help me explore a cave, I explored the cave, and somehow died in a cave-in for no reason.

All and all, the second and third adventures, and the first part of the first made a decent amount of sense to a point, a lot more than you generally see in an AI. And I think the random is just something that goes with the territory so just enjoy it.

also, If you die, just saying things like "Heal myself" or "come back to life" work to bring you back, though there are sometimes consequences. When I came back after being killed by an orc, for killing so many of their kind I was changed into an orc myself.

2019-12-18 20:47:36

Lol I was trying to fight my way up a hundred floor tower full of traps and monsters to rescue a princess and got burned by a pillar of fire on the first floor because I took too long with the guards. I tried to revive myself but was too badly burned. This really what it's like to have a lucid dream. I do agree that there should be a way to save in the mobile version, but perhaps it will come in an update.

2019-12-18 21:17:58

You call for your mom who comes running into the room, what's wrong? my foot hurts. Oh, it is alright. It's just a spraint ankle, so what did you want to talk about?
Tell her that it hurts. Oh, yeah i know. It is just my son who died when he fell off his horse yesterday. Rofl what the hell.

I used to be an aventurer like you. Then I took a knee in the arrow.

2019-12-18 21:19:21

generally, if you force-post healing and curing and such, you can push past any injury. I've come back with spears in my chest and then just basically kept brute-force demanding healing in the "what do you do" thing and forced it to work.

2019-12-18 21:32:47

Are there any commands I should know and use?