2019-09-13 16:49:59

Somebody mentioned rotting food system a bit ago. I wouldn't actually mind that, assuming that the food doesn't go bad within 5 minutes of you cooking it.

2019-09-13 17:54:13

again, the lag should be fixed now. It might, just might, spike from time to time, but it certainly should be lots better than say two weeks ago.

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->
My folding at home statistics

2019-09-14 04:32:41

Akilor, I think lion meat should be edible, as you normally could eat it, given that you  didn't eat the liver of course. But the real values of the lion are it's pelt. With the lion pelt it should be possible to make a very good jacket, gloves etc against the cold.

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2019-09-28 15:40:26

Hey guys, I have been trying to download STW for a while, but it seems that Sams' website is down and I can't access the download link for the game. I am also considering getting that STW account as well if I can just download the game.  Thanks and does anyone have a link to the game that I can download?

Hi there, if you wanna find me on twitch, you can do so at Twitch.tv/LeonianUniverse and on YouTube at the same channel name. I stream Hearthstone and other games and love to chat with people, so if you like my content, feel free to subscribe or follow me.

2019-09-28 17:18:11

Shinobi, http://www.samtupy.com/games/stw/

2019-09-29 11:53:30

Few points here. I don't play the game, so bear that in mind.

1. Lion meat is probably edible. Do some research. I'm not saying it would be particularly tasty, but yeah. Probably edible. Wolf meat is, though again, not particularly tasty. Bear meat is very definitely edible. I've eaten it and it's a bit fatty but very yummy. Using sinews and bones and pelts should ee a thing from large cat kills. Hell, even teeth and claws.
2. The random cutting-yourself-while-skinning thing. Yes it happens. No it's not near as common as all that once you've gotten good. I'd suggest a skill if there isn't one already, where you can slowly get better at it, and as you do that random number generator gets kinder and kinder, eventually hitting a point where you very rarely cut yourself, and when you do, it's minor and will probably heal on its own.
3. Newbies need protection. I know the game's supposed to be harsh, but if newbies are getting ganked by huge crazy monsters, that's bad.
4. Direction-facing and the sun. Yes, people can and do get their direction from the sun. Happens all the time. It rises in the east, sets in the west, and you can usually judge time of day by its height in the sky and the intensity and angle of its light. Someone with a little know-how could also determine semi-rough headings using it, though a compass would definitely be better.

All I've got for now.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-09-29 13:08:07

Well the newbie thing is like if you avoid some parts of the map, animals won't attack you. And if you climb a tree only 3 tiles above, they even can't reach you.

2019-09-29 14:45:46

I agree with post 3497 that there should be a skinning skill. Also we should be able to make items with pelts, scales, and teeth depending on the animal.

2019-09-29 15:52:42

Hi. if sam left the forum what's the point of these suggestions? Is there anyone hear that transfers these ideas to sam? If not you better suggest them via the game itself. Use /suggest your_text.
These cool suggestions are much better than to be missed specially skills that aren't yet in the game so I think it's worth mentioning in the game itself

---
Co-founder of Sonorous Arts.
Check out Sonorous Arts on github: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/
my Discord: kianoosh.shakeri2#2988

2019-10-01 03:16:11

When I tried to click Sam's link, it gave me an error that the website can't be reach and I can't download hte game. Does anyone have a DB Link with the STW Setup file?

Hi there, if you wanna find me on twitch, you can do so at Twitch.tv/LeonianUniverse and on YouTube at the same channel name. I stream Hearthstone and other games and love to chat with people, so if you like my content, feel free to subscribe or follow me.

2019-10-01 14:07:00

I guess it will be fixed soon

pika-san, a pokemon fan! skype: luigimax127
Discord: luigimax127#5490
Pokemon show down username: pika127

2019-10-03 01:00:19

Speaking personally, the reason I haven't suggested ideas within the game is because I have no real desire to go play it. It sounds like a hot mess, no offense intended. Lag, broken skills, weird temperature spikes that can apparently kill you, just sounds brutally unbalanced.

Also, in a previous post I read something about using hollowed-out wood for casts. Uh. Okay. But why the heck aren't we trying to use mud or plaster or something? I could understand wood and cloth or whatever for a splint, but a cast is an entirely different thing.

2019-10-03 01:56:02

Not to mention the mobile game style store that's just kind of a big turn off in general. It's definitely a hot mess of a game. Cool concept, but terrible exicution.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2019-10-03 12:53:15

Nah Jayde, it's not that really, really, extremely, freaking horrible at all big_smile Yeah, there are things that could be improved, especially those things you mentioned, but it's a cool concept and if they keep deloping it, it might become less boring after a few days.

2019-10-03 18:03:29

Oh, I absolutely love the concept itself. But I'm really, really picky about the games I like. You can probably see this much with the way I criticize some of them. I've got an eye for detail and if a game keeps doing it wrong in my opinion, I'll say so, or straight-up drop it if it's bad enough. It looks like this one has too many issues for me at this point, but I really do hope that changes someday. If and when it does, I may give it a go, as I'd like to see a good survival-style game. I just don't want to have to deal with unrealistic physics, lag spikes, griefing or arbitrary systems in order to do that.

2019-10-03 18:16:28

Yeah, I agree with you on that.

2019-10-08 21:09:57 (edited by criticview 2019-10-08 21:13:46)

Jayde wrote:

Speaking personally, the reason I haven't suggested ideas within the game is because I have no real desire to go play it. It sounds like a hot mess, no offense intended. Lag, broken skills, weird temperature spikes that can apparently kill you, just sounds brutally unbalanced.

Also, in a previous post I read something about using hollowed-out wood for casts. Uh. Okay. But why the heck aren't we trying to use mud or plaster or something? I could understand wood and cloth or whatever for a splint, but a cast is an entirely different thing.

Simple: because no one thaught of using mud or anything else for healing purposes... I'll gladly add it in the suggestions, and if it can get worked out, it may even become reality... I'm not medical enough to have it make sence off the top of my head, but if anyone can help figure this out... i'm all muddy ears.
As for the lag spikes, and things like htat, it needs pointing out that not all is probably the games fault, locations do matter too, as well as your own internet stability and such.

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->
My folding at home statistics

2019-12-17 13:48:10

Guys, go exercise your right in the game.

Message of the day: It is now possible to vote for a couple of names for the position of administrator on the game. At this time, the 2 characters who were most nominated are:
JohnCina,
MohammadJawaid
There will be a 3rd person hopefully soon, however we have not heard from them and so we have not put their name in the list.
To vote, use the /vote command. The first argument is either yes or no, the second argument is the character name, and then you can provide a reason why you chose that option. If you choose no, you have to provide a reason to stop spammers and other undesirables for ruing opertunity on the game.
For example, /vote yes JohnCina will vote yes for JohnCina.
Warning. Do not! NO MATTER WHAT! vote for the same person twice, or using alternate accounts. We need fair input on the game. If you abuse this system and are caught, the first offense will result in 7 days in jail, the second will result in 30 days in jail and inventory whiping, and the 3rd will result in a ban. Don't do it, it is a quick way to get severely and irretrievably punished. It is OK to vote for both characters however.
We thank you for your input. The 2 characters you see have been heavily nominated, and we have talked to both of them to see their willingness and attentiveness.
Happy voting!

2019-12-17 22:19:35

Please note: The message of the day does not announce this, but you must wait 28 days with a new char to vote.

-
"There is beauty in simplicity."

2019-12-17 22:43:31 (edited by JasonBlaze 2019-12-17 22:47:28)

so, there is supposedly cheating going on in this game, when or how? I don't see any crack to cheat or what soever.
most players I know, gain those so much items via trades and their own efforts, and their just a bunch of collectors freaks, IMO nothing wrong with that.
I hope this is not the case of  an inactive admin just came online out of nowhere, and check one of player's inventory, see so much items, and immediately  asume shit. lol
again, I guess nothing wrong with creating a new character and go over all of the quest. I see no RP in here (your character is a new person, don't know anything, so you have to act acordingly blablabla) so don't even think to bring it up.
conclusion? well how much items the player have, how much quest they do, it's their business. beside what they do require some kind of effort, it's not just achio spell and get everything.

2019-12-18 15:20:00 (edited by UltraLeetJ 2019-12-18 15:22:34)

Jayde wrote:

Oh, I absolutely love the concept itself. But I'm really, really picky about the games I like. You can probably see this much with the way I criticize some of them. I've got an eye for detail and if a game keeps doing it wrong in my opinion, I'll say so, or straight-up drop it if it's bad enough. It looks like this one has too many issues for me at this point, but I really do hope that changes someday. If and when it does, I may give it a go, as I'd like to see a good survival-style game. I just don't want to have to deal with unrealistic physics, lag spikes, griefing or arbitrary systems in order to do that.

thanks for pointing that out. I tried to play and meh... days and nights pass just by too fast, and the game is a tad unrealistic, so you can easily spend a whole afternoon or more just cooking a fish... meaning, trying to get the fire to heat it and so on so it cooks... in reality, being a total noob at cooking it took me bit less than an hour with some screw ups involved. Also, you should have an advancement skills system so things take less time to do over time, just like in real life.
Its still is sadly, a brutal mess... too many so called features put in, not enough time to mature even a single of them... if a game is free it should also be better if there are less things to do but those things are stable, functional and playable... like the simple crazy party games, for example.
I am surprised the game has been going on for such a long time and yet almost none of these trivial things are getting improved, honestly I also do not understand how some people can be just too addicted to this, but to each their own.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2019-12-27 09:16:35

Why is it there is something new in each update there is only there to piss people off? Lol.
Apparently someone decided to add airplains that throws bombs. So? How do you escape from them? Oh. you just have to run out of the map, da. Oh right, right. Because that is very much doable if you have broken bones, wich takes fucking god dam ages to fucking heal. Uuuuuuuuuuh. Place a shelter, da, again. Yeah right. It is not everyone who got all day to build freaking shelters. Ummm. Buy them, da, yet again. Aha i see. someone wanted even more munny. Seriously this thing is so much pay to win it is not even funny. This is why i refuse to play this fucking game anymore. It is getting more and more silly. Just, meh.

I used to be an aventurer like you. Then I took a knee in the arrow.

2019-12-27 14:06:27

ooo i remember that bomb situation so baddly.
It happend 2 years ago. I was in fishing village, and near of me was 2 or 3 players. Raining started.
Then i heard some unnormal voice, i was surprised. Soon bomb dropped and my hp was 300. Dude i was in shock, cause  i didn't knew what was it. Then they said it was an airplain whitch shoots bombs.

Yours kindly

2019-12-27 23:34:19

I agree with you here. Lets not even mention the temperature system. Your in water, yet your sweating perfusely. How does that work yo. And its natural water, meaning that its cold. Go under water. Still sweating, under water, with all that cool water over my head. Yeah stupid alright. And I love how many people have actually complained about this and no modifications have been made either.

-
"There is beauty in simplicity."

2019-12-31 20:19:46

Hi all.
When I sailed to the village, I was killed by wolves. I didn't know about them. I lost everything.
I would like to pay for this game, but now I'm not going to pay, and will not even play it!
Sam, I hate you, or those who did it!